Dallas Cowboys 2021 Regular Season Thread -- Money, Masks, & Masochism

Patrick Bateman

So no help from anyone this week.

So basically just win out. Hope GBs luck finally runs out and someone s Ike’s them. Or Tampa loses to secure the 2 seed.

If not, need the rams to win out and force that 3 way tiebreaker to get the 2 seed.

We’ll get some team from the Saint/Vikings/eagles grouping and then get the 3 seed at home. Best case right now most likely.

Unfortunately WFT is getting healthy and obviously will go all out tonight. Cards are reeling and I’m assuming will put their best game of the year next week. And the Eagles will Be fighting for a playoff spot in week 18.

Needless to say just win these games. Even if they’re ugly. You’ll be getting these teams best shots.

• Fuck You 1

44 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

FIFY below...

"Anything short of a 2nd Rd playoff appearance is a failure in my opinion. "

I disagree. I think we’re better than that. If we’re matched up with anyone other than the packers or the bucs in the 1st and 2nd rd, we should be one of the final 4 teams. Anything can happen, and we’re still the Dallas cowboys so nothing would surprise me, but I think we’re better than the other nfc teams and in he same tier as GB and TB assuming our offense pulls their head out of their asses (which admittedly is a big assumption on my part)

2 hours ago, Drew said:

So basically just win out. Hope GBs luck finally runs out and someone s Ike’s them. Or Tampa loses to secure the 2 seed.

If not, need the rams to win out and force that 3 way tiebreaker to get the 2 seed.

We’ll get some team from the Saint/Vikings/eagles grouping and then get the 3 seed at home. Best case right now most likely.

Unfortunately WFT is getting healthy and obviously will go all out tonight. Cards are reeling and I’m assuming will put their best game of the year next week. And the Eagles will Be fighting for a playoff spot in week 18.

Needless to say just win these games. Even if they’re ugly. You’ll be getting these teams best shots.

If us, Rams and TB wins out, we will all be 13-4, right? 

Do we still get the 2 seed in that scenario?

I know we need a 3 way tie to have a shot with TB in the mix since we lost to them. Luckily 3 of our 4 losses came to the AFC. 

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

If us, Rams and TB wins out, we will all be 13-4, right? 

Do we still get the 2 seed in that scenario?

I know we need a 3 way tie to have a shot with TB in the mix since we lost to them. Luckily 3 of our 4 losses came to the AFC. 

yes because the 3 team non-division tiebreaker after H2H is common opponents.

and in that case Dallas wont have played any team that all 3 played. which leads to the next tiebreaker which is conf wins. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I disagree. I think we’re better than that. If we’re matched up with anyone other than the packers or the bucs in the 1st and 2nd rd, we should be one of the final 4 teams. Anything can happen, and we’re still the Dallas cowboys so nothing would surprise me, but I think we’re better than the other nfc teams and in he same tier as GB and TB assuming our offense pulls their head out of their asses (which admittedly is a big assumption on my part)

I agree but I also need to see this offense come back to life before the playoffs to feel more than the blind hope that comes from fandom.

Trent Dilfer is a Super Bowl champion. Some of y’all need to chill

“But they’ll never go anywhere if the Offense isn’t scoring 40ppg!!!”

Let’s ignore Eli won 2 SBs against a far superior team based on an elite pass rush and some talent on offense(we can’t do that?)

Peyton won his last SB barely being able to throw the ball. That Denver Pass rush was elite.

The Bucs last year in the playoffs wasn’t lighting the world on fire. Their defense beat Mahomes.

The myth that the offense needs to be firing on all cylinders is just that…a myth.

Play good defense with a great pass rush. Protect the ball. Make some timely plays and you have a shot.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

18 hours ago, Drew said:

Glad you missed that one LOL

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Drew said:

“But they’ll never go anywhere if the Offense isn’t scoring 40ppg!!!”

Let’s ignore Eli won 2 SBs against a far superior team based on an elite pass rush and some talent on offense(we can’t do that?)

Peyton won his last SB barely being able to throw the ball. That Denver Pass rush was elite.

The Bucs last year in the playoffs wasn’t lighting the world on fire. Their defense beat Mahomes.

The myth that the offense needs to be firing on all cylinders is just that…a myth.

Play good defense with a great pass rush. Protect the ball. Make some timely plays and you have a shot.

the great pass rush that can *FINALLY* get to wodgers...... check

timely plays...... check (in spades)

protect the ball....... ???? tbd

RUN THE BALL....... not checked

hagbard, what is good in january?

crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentation of their women, AND RUN THE FUCKING BALL

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

If that wasn’t a fluke and this offense is rounding back into form, watch the fuck out. I hate that I believe, but I really do this time. 

Just live in the myopic attitude of half the folks on this thread so you don't get an ounce of joy during the journey and you can say "See I was right" if they don't win the whole thing.

But rest assured, I'll rub it in your face like 2 hour old dog shit if they do win it.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, lilMAC25 said:

I appreciate his analysis, I loathe his Valley Girl speech pattern.

Like, what a loathsome poor. 

It’s good analysis and lol at Baldy being a Californian. 

22 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

The d is playing championship caliber football. If Dak can keep the passing game going with deeper plays and keep Amari involved, the only thing left needed for winter ball is a better running game.

We need Tyron healthy for 3-4 games.  Whatever it takes to make that happen needs to be done.

15 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Just live in the myopic attitude of half the folks on this thread so you don't get an ounce of joy during the journey and you can say "See I was right" if they don't win the whole thing.

I agree with this.

Dallas actually looks pretty decent this year. Doesn't mean they'll make the Super Bowl, but it's one of their better-looking chances in the last 25 years. Might as well try and believe in spite of Jerry. 

3 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Saints had 22 players out with covid tonight. 

A team is gonna have an outbreak at the wrong time.

Just like last season once the playoffs start teams will "magically" stop having players test positive. How many players missed a playoff game last season? And that was pre-vaccination. 

7 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

We need Tyron healthy for 3-4 games.  Whatever it takes to make that happen needs to be done.

I want to win out and get as good a of a seed as possible, but Tyron shouldn’t play another snap until it’s go time. A healthy Tyron is a top 3 tackle in the league. Get him healthy at the expense of anything else.

That beatdown was thoroughly enjoyable. Fuck washington. I'll remain cautiously optimistic about the playoff. But this is the best defense I've ever seen (given I usually only watch Cowboys games). That's good enough to give me hope. Dak looking healthy again and Zeke looking more spry is adding to my optimism. Lets fuck up the aggysooner midget this week.

20 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

I appreciate his analysis, I loathe his Valley Girl speech pattern.

Baldy sounds like Mike Golic to me.

Parsons is proof that it's better to be lucky than good. Did anyone, from front office to fan, for any team at any level, think he'd be this good, or this dominant, this soon?

I swear, he's so versatile, he'd find a way to make plays at cornerback.

6 hours ago, 'stache said:

That beatdown was thoroughly enjoyable. Fuck washington. I'll remain cautiously optimistic about the playoff. But this is the best defense I've ever seen (given I usually only watch Cowboys games). That's good enough to give me hope. Dak looking healthy again and Zeke looking more spry is adding to my optimism. Lets fuck up the aggysooner midget this week.

Earlier in the season, I said this was the best Cowboys offense I'd seen ... then the injury bug hit and the unit ranged from mediocre to poor until Sunday's rematch with Washington.

I think @Nicole44 made a good point that Dak's return to form probably stems from finally being healed of that nagging calf injury. Tyron is still out, which means the o-line's blocking is still suspect, yet Dak threw accurately and had some pep to his step.

And for all the shit y'all have been giving him, @Vic Mackey has a point, too. The D has been dominant, but it's not like Dallas has been shutting out the league's top offenses: QB-less New Orleans, Washington twice, New York and its backups, etc. It's _great_ that they're looking so good, but I still fear the better teams will be able to run at will.

Regardless of what happens, I will enjoy the ride because I follow the teachings of sensei @Loch Ness Monster, who said, "31 out of 32 teams will fall short in the end. Might as well enjoy the good times and the Cowboys have had a fun ride this year."

fuckin-a-fucking-a.gif6glH.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Baldy sounds like Mike Golic to me.

Parsons is proof that it's better to be lucky than good. Did anyone, from front office to fan, for any team at any level, think he'd be this good, or this dominant, this soon?

I swear, he's so versatile, he'd find a way to make plays at cornerback.

Plenty of people thought he was the best defensive player in the draft. Some thought he was the best NON QB player in the draft.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Both coordinators getting a look.  With Baalke staying on as GM, I'd probably rather avoid Jax if I was in their shoes, unless they can convince Kahn to fire him.  Still, can't go around passing on these jobs too often.  

We need to cherish this year, because Dan Quinn is absolutely going to get another HC gig

37 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

FWIW, I wasn’t one of the people who thought it was a good pick, though more because I thought we need OL help than saying Parsons wasn’t good.

I was clearly wrong.

I definitely wanted Slater the Chargers LT/LG. Would have been a good pick but Parsons is special. Those Von Miller or Aaron Donald type cats can carry you far. Von Miller in his prime obviously.

Edited by Loch Ness Monster
  • Hook 'Em 1