Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, Enemy07 said:

I always liked LSU because of how similar they are to Texas in football. Tons of Talent but average coaching. They brought in Joe Brady and won the Championship. 

To me, Sark just needs to bring in a few OL, let Hand develop, and we are golden.

Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

I feel like you might be a troll but before I start assuming to much I’m gonna say very politely that you can go fuck yourself sir. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

I feel like you might be a troll but before I start assuming to much I’m gonna say very politely that you can go fuck yourself sir. 

point taken. Im fucked up but I meant Hudson Card. I promise I will post less when drinking.  Yeah, this season has made me drink more. I can wait another offseason though here on shagg. Thats where the most fun is anyway after so much of our failures. 

Edited by Enemy07

13 hours ago, Enemy07 said:

point taken. Im fucked up but I meant Hudson Card. I promise I will post less when drinking.  Yeah, this season has made me drink more. I can wait another offseason though here on shagg. Thats where the most fun is anyway after so much of our failures. 

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

First you mention Herb Hand, now Hudson Card and the Shag? Congrats on waking from your coma! You can resume now..

12 minutes ago, ousux said:
13 hours ago, Enemy07 said:

First you mention Herb Hand, now Hudson Card and the Shag? Congrats on waking from your coma! You can resume now..

But when are y'all finally gonna get rid of Greg Davis?

• Fuck You 1

On 10/26/2021 at 10:05 AM, dcar00 said:

Yes I know he doesn't call QB Power but he wants his QB to go through his progressions farther.  This gets in their head IMO.  and I get why he wants them to do that but we don't have that luxury.  we need our QB to make plays with arm and feet in the passing game now because our OL is very hit or miss on pass pro and our WR's beyond Worthy are meh.  I'm saying he needs to take off earlier when warranted to keep us in reasonable down and distance. 

We saw that with Card in the Ark game.  hesitated when he could have gotten sure 5 or 6 yards to help the down and distance. now it is happening with Casey.  D's adjust at half, take away Bijan and Worthy and we keep trying to force feed.  our other WR's can't get separation save for sometimes Moore.

Casey is athletic but he isn't like VY who could wait to the last second to bail.

he's not using K Rob enough as well.

Nothing you said here is wrong. I will only say that Casey had people come free that he could throw to just he doesn't see them, and it's not even late in the drop either. He just locks in on one target. You can still do a quick 1- 2 and bail.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Nothing you said here is wrong. I will only say that Casey had people come free that he could throw to just he doesn't see them, and it's not even late in the drop either. He just locks in on one target. You can still do a quick 1- 2 and bail.

I don't disagree that Casey can do a better job of checking down sooner or seeing the field.

9 hours ago, ousux said:
12 hours ago, Nivek said:

I would kick every puppy from Beaumont to El Paso to have Greg Davis and Duane Akina back.

Akina..maybe, but GDGD is a bridge too far. Gimme Sarks offense all day everyday, twice on Saturdays.

Davis adapted to the people he had.  Until it was made impossible for him.

Sark has adapted to becoming worse in games.    Hell, he might lose to Baylor.

• Rage+1 1

I wonder about the quality Sark has in the booth upstairs seeing things Sark may not catch at field level. Milwee and Flood? Honestly not sure who's up there..or if Milwee was in the booth at Bama.

1 hour ago, ousux said:
6 hours ago, Nivek said:

I wonder about the quality Sark has in the booth upstairs seeing things Sark may not catch at field level. Milwee and Flood? Honestly not sure who's up there..or if Milwee was in the booth at Bama.

Milwee is the only one in the booth on offense besides the analysts and GA's. He was in the booth at Bama too since he was an analyst. Sark said he relied on him a lot the last few years.

On 10/28/2021 at 7:39 AM, Nivek said:

I think you are forgetting how much worse we are from a talent standpoint than we were back then. Davis didn't really adapt. He got an otherworldy QB in Vince Young, and then Colt. Major and Simms weren't anything to scoff at either. We had NFL players everywhere on both sides of the ball. We had at the very least a competent O-line. When we ran low on talent we looked like we did in 2010. That was the first time GDGD didn't have a quality roster, and it was still better than this one outside of Bijan. Go look. 

The plays are open. You don't need the all 22 to see that. We just aren't hitting them and the line isn't blocking well enough to allow time to take the lid off the defense.

I think you are forgetting how much worse we are from a talent standpoint than we were back then. Davis didn't really adapt. He got an otherworldy QB in Vince Young, and then Colt. Major and Simms weren't anything to scoff at either. We had NFL players everywhere on both sides of the ball. We had at the very least a competent O-line. When we ran low on talent we looked like we did in 2010. That was the first time GDGD didn't have a quality roster, and it was still better than this one outside of Bijan. Go look. 
  The plays are open. You don't need the all 22 to see that. We just aren't hitting them and the line isn't blocking well enough to allow time to take the lid off the defense.

Greg recruited Colt, Vince, Chris, et al. and tweaked the offense as well to adapt it to Vince vs Simms or Colt’s strengths.

Coaching to me isn’t about recruiting crap players and trying to make them super stars. (Colt) It is about recruiting the best players you can get and putting them in a position to succeed.

Right now we are on a recruiting Tarzans that play like Janes.

Are we calling plays the guys cannot execute? Are we limiting ourselves and turtling? Do we simply have a entire group of poor players that cannot perform their job regardless of coaching, experience, and offseason boasts?

Sark might work out, but the way in which the team lost is very concerning. Sure the refs handed that game to OU. And at OSU/Arkansas they did us no favors but sark looked lost and as a fan, that is horrifying to see. At least Tom showed passion.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Nivek said:

Greg recruited Colt, Vince, Chris, et al. and tweaked the offense as well to adapt it to Vince vs Simms or Colt’s strengths.

Coaching to me isn’t about recruiting crap players and trying to make them super stars. (Colt) It is about recruiting the best players you can get and putting them in a position to succeed.

Right now we are on a recruiting Tarzans that play like Janes.

Are we calling plays the guys cannot execute? Are we limiting ourselves and turtling? Do we simply have a entire group of poor players that cannot perform their job regardless of coaching, experience, and offseason boasts?

Sark might work out, but the way in which the team lost is very concerning. Sure the refs handed that game to OU. And at OSU/Arkansas they did us no favors but sark looked lost and as a fan, that is horrifying to see. At least Tom showed passion.

You recruit to your system. Bama runs a 3-4 front, so they recruit heavier DE's, and then they recruit linebackers who can rush the passer. They don't just grab guys, there is a method to what they do.

Back to your point about GDGD. Greg and Mack DID grab random guys and try to make them work, which is why we struggled on the offensive side of the ball for a solid decade, and rarely had high draft picks there. We had 5 first rounders Mack recruited on offense, and 11 on defense. Jamaal fucking Charles was drafted in the 3rd round for crying out loud. In fact, we had 36 defensive players drafted during Mack's tenure vs only 20 offensive players. Mack and GD mismanaged that side of the ball if you ask me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

At the end of the day, we are pretty much right on track with the W-Ls most predicted at the start of the season..  I didn't have oklite as a loss, but they are playing much better than anyone thought they would... 

It just blows to lose two games that should have ended as statement making wins...  And I'm not sure why anyone of us are surprised.  It's been like our signature mark for 10 + years now....  I don't know if bitchassness keeps seeping down from upper classmen to the freshmen year after year or what, but this shit needs fixed yesterday...

We had OU so butt fucked that if we had any leadership on the field (defensive side mainly) the coaches should've been able to take a nap the entire second half with the only concern being if they slept too long, our offense would break the century mark on OUs ass, and the defense would be over by the OU bench throwing the horns down!

There is no excuse why the cotton bowl didn't end in an epic OU beatdown of Moses proportions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?