Are you getting the flu vaccine and are you vaccinated for Covid?

lmao

Are you getting vaccinated for the flu?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting the flu vaccine?

• Yes and I'm vaccinated for Covid
    • Yes and I'm not vaccinated for Covid
    • No and I'm vaccinated for Covid
    • No and I'm not vaccinated for Covid

In early 2018, during the last bad flu season when it was developing into pneumonia fairly easily, I came down with the flu.  My doctor was worried about me developing pneumonia (co-morbidities), but between the Tamiflu prescription and having received the flu vaccine, I kicked it rapidly.  I tested positive Thursday morning, and was fever free Sunday afternoon, back at work Tuesday.  That made getting the Covid vaccine a much easier decision.  So fuck yeah, I'm in for both.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I don’t have a link so this could be bs.  I have read and heard some sentiments though that due to the length of flu season it is best to not get the flu vaccine “too early” but I do not know what that means.

1.  Is that bullshit?

2.  If not, when is the best timing for it?

A few years ago, we got the flu vaccine really early on (like early September), and then got hit hard by the flu in May.  Doctor said we should have got a booster if we were going to get vaccinated so early, that it was normally effective for 6-7 months, and to normally wait until October so that we are covered during the worst stretch.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

Usually do the flu shot in mid-October because it's supposed to last about  6 months thru the end of flu season which is usually mid-April.  May move it a bit earlier so can give myself 30 days until the Covid booster in early November.  Don't want to get any shots around ACL/OU weekend just in case I feel crappy for a couple days, I be feeling shitty enough during those weekends anyway.  Gotta be more tactical.  

What's weird is most people get vaccinated for the flu.  And Covid-19 is only a bad flu.  So if it's worse than the flu, and you get vaccinated for the flu, the obvious move is to not get vaccinated for the bad flu, just the weak one.  Logic is air tight.  

Annual check-up in October and usually get it then. Some years it leaves me run down for a day or so and some years it’s nothing. I’m not sure why that’s the case. When I was in the Army, there was one year with messed up paperwork where I had to get it twice since the first go didn’t transfer with me properly.

If the booster recommendation for COVID shots stay, I’ll be due up then as well. I’m not sure if they’d double up or not. I was a breakthrough in July, so there’ll be a discussion I’m sure.

When it was uber convenient for me to get it, like when my employer had someone on site administering and I just needed to walk into a room and roll up a sleeve, I did it. Otherwise I never have gone through the effort to go and get one. Don’t feel like my attitude has changed on this. 

did get me thinking though, if the gall dern gubmint wanted us all to have injectible tracking chips, why not just put it in the flu vaccine and/or any other vaccines that 95% of us get as kids without blinking?

bureaucratic inefficiency at work here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

I used to laugh at flu vaccines. Then in 2017 the flu went up side my head with a crescent wrench and I'm pretty sure I would have died without somebody taking care of me. So yeah I'll probably get the shot.

Unless it turns out that Ivermectin + snake venom stops it.

Those work for covid. IF you want them to work for the regular flu they must be administered naturally and through the anus. So gotta let a snake bite your ass and eat some infected horse crap. Or so I read on Facebook. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Those work for covid. IF you want them to work for the regular flu they must be administered naturally and through the anus. So gotta let a snake bite your ass and eat some infected horse crap. Or so I read on Facebook. 

Thanks for the heads up O My Brother. Everywhere we turn, "scientists" try to suppress facts like the anal snakebite cure. WHAT ARE THEY HIDING.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Holy false equivalency Batman. And now the reason you created the thread is confirmed. 

It's not that deep, it was just a random thought. Anyways, would they be considered antivax for refusing the flu vaccine? 

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, lmao said:

It's not that deep, it was just a random thought. Anyways, would they be considered antivax for refusing the flu vaccine? 

You are a fucking moron. You started this thread just to ask this stupid fucking question when it could of easily been asked and ridiculed in the Covid-19 thread like it was the first 50 times. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

You are a fucking moron. You started this thread just to ask this stupid fucking question when it could of easily been asked and ridiculed in the Covid-19 thread like it was the first 50 times. 

"Could have" not "could of"

Not why I started this thread btw. 

• Fuck You 1

Yes - if they refuse the flu vaccine because they don’t “believe” in vaccines then they’re an anti-vaxxer.

If they don’t get the vaccine because they’re lazy or can’t afford it or never get around to it, or are allergic to a component, then no - they aren’t anti-vaxxers.

I mean, you yourself used the word “refuse”.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Yes - if they refuse the flu vaccine because they don’t “believe” in vaccines then they’re an anti-vaxxer.

If they don’t get the vaccine because they’re lazy or can’t afford it or never get around to it, or are allergic to a component, then no - they aren’t anti-vaxxers.

I mean, you yourself used the word “refuse”.

So if you're lazy, agnostic, can't get around to it, etc., about the flu vaccine you're not an anti-vaxxer. Why doesn't the same apply to the covid vaccine? 

• Fuck You 9

9 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Use some critical thinking skills and tell us what you think the difference might be. There’s a few obvious ones but this is an obvious troll thread so you’ll keep trolling. 

Don't be obtuse. You tell me. 

• Fuck You 2

Why is this thread in CR?

10 hours ago, lmao said:

In your opinion are the people who don't get the flu vaccine anti-vaxxers?

Oh.

Also lmao at agnostic. That’s a new one, congrats. Imma start using that one when I question someone who is not vaccinated if you don’t mind. Oh, you’re agnostic?  Yeah that’s why I didn’t  buy car insurance either.

I'm vaccinated for Covid. Saw a doctor on Thursday. He suggested taking the shingles vaccine and having a tetanus shot update. I did those. I didn't think about a flu shot. If one had been recommended I probably would have done it. I've only received a flu shot before once or twice. 

2 hours ago, lmao said:

So if you're lazy, agnostic, can't get around to it, etc., about the flu vaccine you're not an anti-vaxxer. Why doesn't the same apply to the covid vaccine? 

Because the GOP made the decision to politicize public safety after the former guy lied about the danger of Covid-19 and encouraged its spread. Flu season was nearly non-existent with most sensible people taking precautions, but hundreds of thousands of Americans still died due to COVID-19. The GOP's base includes anti-vaxxers and those inclined to believe conspiracy theories about vaccines for COVID-19.

I asked the doctor about his experience with COVID-19 and vaccinations. He had been working in NYC. There nearly everyone was vaccinated. In Dallas, he encountered at least one unvaccinated person per day who was strongly opinionated about it.

Edited by zzzz
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, lmao said:

The Flu is estimated to kill 12K-60K per year. Covid has confirmed to kill 660K in 18 months. It’s obvious why there is a difference. You’re a fucking troll. Get fucked. 

8 hours ago, zzzz said:

I'm vaccinated for Covid. Saw a doctor on Thursday. He suggested taking the shingles vaccine and having a tetanus shot update. I did those. I didn't think about a flu shot. If one had been recommended I probably would have done it. I've only received a flu shot before once or twice. 

you should get a flu shot but not before october.

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Covid has confirmed to kill 660K in 18 months.

and that's taking fairly extraordinary precautions that knocked the flu down to nothing last year.

Edited by elfenix

The COVID vaccine is a false flag operation designed to distract us from the fact that this year’s flu shot will contain a 5g chip.

I have been COVID vaccinated, but come flu season I’m gonna cut open my dog’s flea collar and eat what comes out, I figure that should keep me protected on all fronts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Step one: make a post/poll setting up a false equivalency imbedded inside a strawman.

Step two: deny doing so, calling it a “random thought.”

Step three: explicitly make the false equivalency imbedded inside a strawman.

• Hook 'Em 3

Uh, yes you moronic troll, intent matters.

Anti-vaxx is not a catch-all label for everyone who hasn’t gotten vaccinated.

Anti-vaxxers believe that COVID is a a hoax or exaggerated or that the vaccine has a chip in it or that the vaccine is dangerous or believe whatever conspiracy theory is floating around. And they actively try to persuade others to embrace those insane beliefs. And they do everything they can to prevent anyone else from getting the vaccine. THAT is what makes them anti-vaxxers.

Lazy people or busy people or immune compromised people who haven’t gotten the vaccine are not anti-vaxxers.

They are part of the problem but not in the same way anti-vaxxers are.

We don’t label all six year olds anti-vaxxers just because they can’t get the vaccine yet.

But I don’t know why I’m bothering.

Nuance is hard for morons, I know.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Getting flu vaccine soon, and the main reason I'm getting it in September rather than a little later on, because I'm not an antivax moron, is that some of the guidance suggests that the flu and Covid vaccines should be spaced a few weeks apart, and don't want any risk of the flu vaccine interfering with a Covid vaccine booster.

• Hook 'Em 2

Yeah, it is a bit troubling we're not seeing more direction on spacing for the flu and booster considering how many tens of millions of Americans got the 2 covid shots in Spring and then should be getting flu shot and also booster in Autumn (and I mean real Autumn, like October-Christmas).  I'm waiting on as much data as I can possibly grab between now and Thanksgiving, but I'm operating under assumption of flu shot after ACL/OU bender.  And then 30 days later, Covid vaccine booster sometime before Thanksgiving.