Game Day Experience 2021

blacklab

Whoever made the decision to have assigned gates as your only entry point should be kicked in the nuts (or pussy). Here is the line we were in for gate 7. Well, one of three lines like this that all merged together at gate 7. Clusterfuck is putting is too nicely. Took us around 45 minutes to get through this shit. 

3671A255-2945-4B88-BE87-72A28C4E289A.jpeg

Edited by LarryMoeSurly
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, Bernard said:

DKR-TMS is a horrible place to watch a football game. Sorry. It has to be said. The jock rock sound clips have been taken to ABSURD levels. And that’s just the start of the issues. I’ve been to hundreds of college football games; more stadiums than I can count. DKR-TMS is among the worst. Fact.

Bernard

Correct.   It's a terrible place to watch a football game.   Completely mind numbing shit blasting out over the PA at insufferable levels and whored out to every ad placement you can imagine.   I get the need for some of it but the pollution of the game day environment at DKR is completely beyond reason and fucked up.   

• Hook 'Em 4

Gate 7 clusterfuck checking in here.  Assigned gates theoretically should help with lines.  Normally everybody would go to Gate 1 as it's the first one you walk up on but it seemed to be the best gate yesterday.  Longest it's ever taken to get inside in 25 years and I'm always a last minute tailgate person.  Concessions also slower than before.  

Now that I've read through this thread and remembered the person ahead of me I'm wondering if it's the phones instead of tickets causing a lot of this.

The person in front of me had the brightness on the phone turned way down. The ticket taker had to scan her phone 3+ times for each ticket before it registered. My brightness is always at full and my tickets scanned first time with out issues. A few dozen olds who can't operate their phone and take a while to get to the tickets, and some younger dumbasses who forgot to charge their phone and turn the brightness down and wala - slow processing of people coming in. 

They need to have some big "Turn up the brightness on your phone" signs near the entrances.

Still it's unreal they didn't have more doors open and more ticket takers at all the entrances. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Correct.   It's a terrible place to watch a football game.   Completely mind numbing shit blasting out over the PA at insufferable levels and whored out to every ad placement you can imagine.   I get the need for some of it but the pollution of the game day environment at DKR is completely beyond reason and fucked up.   

I wouldn't say terrible, but it could be better.  They've dialed back the ads in the past few years...I refer you to the Taco Bell GONG and that stupid fucking weatherman.

Got to Gate 7 around 2:30, line was long and you had to battle Bevo Blvd but it moved pretty quick.  Luckily our seats hit shade around kickoff but it was brutal up to that point.   We are on aisle and Lots of people going up and down to get beer and water, there are no vendors in stands.  Not sure if that changes. Loved SEZ, Godzillatron looked great.  Was happy that most of people around us kept their tix.  Internet upgrade is great, nice to check scores during breaks. 

42 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Now that I've read through this thread and remembered the person ahead of me I'm wondering if it's the phones instead of tickets causing a lot of this.

The person in front of me had the brightness on the phone turned way down. The ticket taker had to scan her phone 3+ times for each ticket before it registered. My brightness is always at full and my tickets scanned first time with out issues. A few dozen olds who can't operate their phone and take a while to get to the tickets, and some younger dumbasses who forgot to charge their phone and turn the brightness down and wala - slow processing of people coming in. 

They need to have some big "Turn up the brightness on your phone" signs near the entrances.

Still it's unreal they didn't have more doors open and more ticket takers at all the entrances. 

It wouldn’t matter. These are the same people that wait in line for food, get up to the front and still have no clue what they want to order. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

My daughter and I went with my 91 year old mother.  We had no problem at the gate because I figured it would be a cluster fuck so we went in early when there was no line.  Also I’m not a complete idoit and know how to operate my phone.  Also no problem at the concession stand since there was no line then either.  It was pretty borked right before halftime though.  The no menu problem I guess would suck if you haven’t been there enough times to know what they have.  We’re on the west side with no direct sun.  My 91 year old mother made it through the whole game without leaving her seat so I don’t know what you other pussies are complaining about.  The new band director seems to have fixed the speed of TEOT.  I am glad all you weak assed mofos left early because it made it a breeze exiting the garage.

The new band director is an old friend of mine.  Great guy.  I’ll drop him a note and let him know that people appreciated how they handled The Eyes. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

CR------>

You serious?  How is paying with cash a political issue?  

About 7-10 days ago, I made some posts after I did a walk-through of the stadium with some project managers.  Gates at SW, NW, and some others looked like they were gonna be ingress/egress clusterfucks and folks should consider wearing a mask as they were gonna pack everybody in cattle style and filter through very narrow gates into unventilated concourses.  And that concessions would be a clusterfuck as well.  Despite kickoff, with ongoing set striking from the construction, not everything would be up and running.  Construction supervisor even warned that the new gate policy/procedure would be fucked up in the corner entrances.  But that was deemed political to bring up so I got negged for it.  Hope the folks who got carted off by EMT are doing better today, it was an unnecessary debacle.  SEZ was embarrassing on TV especially when you consider that only about 60% of those seats are even sold thus far.  

We had a great time, but as much of a "football school" as we are, it sure does take us an awfully long time to figure out how the fuck to stage a football game.  

2 hours ago, LarryMoeSurly said:

Whoever made the decision to have assigned gates as your only entry point should be kicked in the nuts (or pussy). Here is the line we were in for gate 7. Well, one of three lines like this that all merged together at gate 7. Clusterfuck is putting is too nicely. Took us around 45 minutes to get through this shit. 

3671A255-2945-4B88-BE87-72A28C4E289A.jpeg

You need to share this photo with CDC. Since there was a line just as long on the other side toward gate 8 for gate 7. I had just come from my regular gate #14 and it maybe was 1/8 this size.

• Hook 'Em 1

I went in Gate 7.  Yeah, it was clusterfucky because dumbass people don’t know how to be prepared.  The line actually did move quickly.  If you got into the back of the line towards NEZ, you fucked up.  You were getting cut into by the TxEx crowd.   

Also, security was giving 0 fucks.  Could’ve snuck a bazooka into the game.  

Lastly, if you went through gate 7 and you’re not vaxxed, you’re probably fucked.  No CR and no cap. 🤘🏼

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

I went in Gate 7.  Yeah, it was clusterfucky because dumbass people don’t know how to be prepared.  The line actually did move quickly.  If you got into the back of the line towards NEZ, you fucked up.  You were getting cut into by the TxEx crowd.   

Also, security was giving 0 fucks.  Could’ve snuck a bazooka into the game.  

Lastly, if you went through gate 7 and you’re not vaxxed, you’re probably fucked.  No CR and no cap. 🤘🏼

Something happened because we stood in the same spot without moving an inch for over 20 minutes. Then it started to move. It’s like they had only a 1 or 2 ticket scanners open at one point before opening them all up or something. Never had a problem going in gate 1, even with a sell out crowd. 

3 hours ago, ballrific said:

Did they get rid of the craft beer station near gate/section 7? Walked around both sides and didnt see anything. At least the 6 modelos kept me hydrated.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

There was craft beer somewhere but I never found it either. Saw folks with the cans though.

Also I concur with the audio system sounding like muddy reverb. Couldn’t really understand anything being said.  Hopefully this is something they’ll fix and not a new “feature” of the SEZ. 

And why do they not show replays anymore on the big screen?  Seems like this started back in 2019.  I feel like there were only 6-7 replays for the entire game.

1 hour ago, Ldogg53 said:

The new band director is an old friend of mine.  Great guy.  I’ll drop him a note and let him know that people appreciated how they handled The Eyes. 

+1 Also know Cliff, friend of my mom's. Really chill and friendly guy. Definitely handling things well.

23 minutes ago, Surgical said:

+1 Also know Cliff, friend of my mom's. Really chill and friendly guy. Definitely handling things well.

Nice.

He and I met in middle school. We were both percussionists at rival schools but that fed into the same HS. So the HS band director and percussion director used to get us together to practice.  Then we used to hang out a lot at UT.  He’s one of the most genuine guys I’ve known. 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

I went in Gate 7. .....If you got into the back of the line towards NEZ, you fucked up.  You were getting cut into by the TxEx crowd.   

I dutifully went to the back of the line that headed towards the NEZ and waited my turn. So what is one's recourse, cut in line as well?

They got to get this shit figured out. With it being hot, and with scores of people realizing they were about to miss the start of the game, I am surprised more tempers didnt flare.

they used to "police" the escalator line-up in the lower concourse when it got long. they need to do it outside the stadium if there are going to be lines to get in.

** a positive.. internet access was 1000% better.

Edited by yoladu

4 hours ago, blacklab said:

The ticket scanning was a mess since its all mobile tickets.  At some point they did allow folks in line on the West side for Gate 6 to scan through gate 4.  Definitely not enough scanner folks to deal with the crowd for sure since it seemed like the same # of ticket scanners as last year for a 25,000 game crowd. Poor planning for sure.  

Also, Bevo Blvd was better since they moved the food trucks to the circle area.  That did help reduce some of the cluster there with the exception of the ticket scanning.

I thought the stadium renovations were great.  The PA was audible and at a decent volume for me in the lower westside upper deck.  However, after over a year of social distancing, it seemed weird and a bit uncomfortable being jammed into my chair back seat.

I fully understand why people want to go to games. But, I get more out of it just watching it on TV.  I feel like its a better experience with replays, stats, and view.  The older I get, the more of a hassle game day is.  

Edited by CTC2
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

You serious?  How is paying with cash a political issue?  

About 7-10 days ago, I made some posts after I did a walk-through of the stadium with some project managers.  Gates at SW, NW, and some others looked like they were gonna be ingress/egress clusterfucks and folks should consider wearing a mask as they were gonna pack everybody in cattle style and filter through very narrow gates into unventilated concourses.  And that concessions would be a clusterfuck as well.  Despite kickoff, with ongoing set striking from the construction, not everything would be up and running.  Construction supervisor even warned that the new gate policy/procedure would be fucked up in the corner entrances.  But that was deemed political to bring up so I got negged for it.  Hope the folks who got carted off by EMT are doing better today, it was an unnecessary debacle.  SEZ was embarrassing on TV especially when you consider that only about 60% of those seats are even sold thus far.  

We had a great time, but as much of a "football school" as we are, it sure does take us an awfully long time to figure out how the fuck to stage a football game.  

It was a joke...

9 hours ago, AnTiM said:

Interesting to see that fans were apparently just being waved through the gates due to overcrowding.  Given the runaround I got over trying to get actual printed tickets after seeing others had gotten it done, and going to the ticket office Monday morning and getting it done with no wait at all, I wonder what the problem was in the first place.  And this was after I watched someone with experience spend over two hours trying to get the electronic tickets to download with no luck.  No problems in thirty years of season tickets, and now this bullshit.  I can't help hoping that someday Alabama plays in Austin with a national title berth at stake, and this fkn system locks up totally two hours before kickoff time.  Then an irate mob riots and trashes the stadium while bystanders wonder why I am laughing hysterically.  It's because I fkn TOLD YOU SO!

I told part of this story on another thread, but - somehow - my electronic tickets were hacked and redirected to a fraudulent email address where they were accepted (I tried to email my ENTIRE season ticket allotment to a friend).

After spending about 2:15 on hold or talking to someone (not a peon) at the LHF, I was told that they would be cancelled and reissued to my account within 24 hours. When that didn’t happen, I called the fella who I was working with, and - after putting me on hold - he informed me that my entire season ticket package was gone for good since they were accepted. I told the guy to pretend that I was CDC’s brother and find a way to correct this.

He put me on hold again and told me that if I filed a police report and emailed it to him, he would have them reissued. I filed a report with UTPD (that took multiple calls), and then it took a day-and-a-half to actually get the report because of their bureaucracy. I emailed it to my contact , but it took almost another full day to get the tickets reissued…by then it was the middle of Friday afternoon.

It’s gotdam ridiculous to make a 36-year donor and season ticket holder jump through hoops to get his entire season worth of stolen tickets reissued. What did they think I was doing, trying to pull off The Great Electronic Ticket Scam?

I might get a Tweeter account to Twit whoever really handles CDC’s account so I can issue a firmly worded complaint. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

Internet in the stadium was 💯

That was impressive gone are the days of not being able to make calls or text while at the game.  My only complaint was all the damn kids clustering up the concourse the whole first half and cutting the beer line.  

E5860517-0594-44B5-8DB7-AD53476D5224.gif

Edited by Hook1997

1 minute ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

And does anyone think there are more than 5% of the fans who prefer electronic tickets over paper tickets? Give your damn customers what they want, Bellmont.

You sound old. Shit, so do I, because I hate the electronic tickets. I have paper tickets because I think my old man called UT and gave them the “I’m too old for this shit” bit.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, taybo20 said:

- Bob Cole sucked. I think once he also said “Roschon Robinson on the carry”

- concessions were a disaster for the most part. Some didn’t even open, the menu screens didn’t work at all of them, and not nearly enough workers

- gates did not open on time, but it also seemed the stadium and staff were just not completely ready for today

- the water stations did not have cold water and it was 100 fucking degrees

- the speaker system with the south end zone in place was not dialed in well. It was extremely muffled and you could hardly hear the band as it seemed they were not mic’d up well

- I had some really stupid idiots behind me kick over their beer cans and spill them on us multiple times and also complain about play calling. Also mentioned that in college the teams switch direction after every quarter. Luckily they left early.

- Smokey is loud as fuck now that the sound just bounces in the stadium

- when will level 7 and 11 bathrooms be renovated?

- saw CDC out and about so he should be somewhat aware of the deficiencies

Please, please, please, someone put Bob Cole out of my misery!

I made sure to mention him in the fan survey I got today re: the game experience. NSIAP. https://texassports.fan-one.com/webApp/texasLAsurvey?id=%40ey%2Fj0IYa%2FLFnHJ%2FkeEDLCw%3D%3D

• Rage+1 1