Steve Sarkisian rolled over

lilMAC25

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Why was he a good hire?  He has proven that when he has a offense full of 5 stars and a huge talent advantage over the other teams he can put up otherworldly numbers on offense.  Now he just needs to figure out a way to get that kind of talent advantage on his Texas team.  

It's like no one listened when people brought this up over the summer.

We have glaring talent deficiencies on the OL and at WR. That's going to lead to some unfortunate results in the short term.

55 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I'm just shocked that a multiple time failure of a coach that had been fired from every head coaching job he's ever had isn't the guy.

But it's all good, he just needs a few of his own recruiting classes to not get destroyed by bottom of the barrel SEC teams. Can't wait to make excuses for him for the next three years.

What a stupid, chicken shit hire.

Worst Texas coach in history (future)

This clueless fuck will make us desperate for Charlie Strong level competence. It’s almost like Alabama’s insane talent made him successful as an OC. Who fucking knew.

What a lazy fucking hire spearheaded by that frat boy has-been manlet Eltife from the armpit of east Texas. Fuck everything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 11

6 minutes ago, Edwards Limestone said:

This clueless fuck will make us desperate for Charlie Strong level competence. It’s almost like Alabama’s insane talent made him successful as an OC. Who fucking knew.

What a lazy fucking hire spearheaded by that frat boy has-been manlet Eltife from the armpit of east Texas. Fuck everything.

Allsome.

6 minutes ago, Edwards Limestone said:

Fuck off back to Texags and jizz yourself over edging out Colorado 

12 minutes ago, Atticus said:

He was good enough at UW to get a better job than the one he's in right now. He lost his job at SC because he couldn't control his drinking. 

He then rebounded to orchestrate some of the best offenses CFB has seen at Bama.

He was fired from the Falcons though, so maybe it was just Saban making him look good.

Either way, he was probably the best we could hope for and he assembled a strong staff. How they handle this loss and play against Texas Tech in two weeks will show us all we need to know.

Where else can I drink myself out of a job and get a better one?  

He was offered multiple HC jobs over the past few years and that is simply mystifying.

He didnt get fired from UW, he basically resigned from SC after the drinking got way out of hand.
I'm interested in seeing if he stays off the bottle when the heat turns up to 11 though.
He would have gotten fired by UW if he hadn't left, because all sorts of recruiting violations were starting to surface.

He was most definitely fired by $C.

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Where else can I drink myself out of a job and get a better one?  

He was offered multiple HC jobs over the past few years and that is simply mystifying.

Actually, high-achieving drunks get sober (or fake it) and get good jobs over and over again.

The ones that actually get sober tend to do really well.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Why was he a good hire?  He has proven that when he has a offense full of 5 stars and a huge talent advantage over the other teams he can put up otherworldly numbers on offense.  Now he just needs to figure out a way to get that kind of talent advantage on his Texas team.  

Shouldn’t Texas have fired a guy that has a proven record of doing that?

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

When was he a high achieving drunk?  His UW and USC records were not great and his off the field problems were horrible.

Ascending to those jobs at his age was pretty high-achievement.  The USC job when he took it was probably a better job than Texas, certainly equivalent.

11 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Fuck off back to Texags and jizz yourself over edging out Colorado 

Texas fans need to stop worrying about aggy and start focusing on the future. 

As a 3rd gen alum, it’s not a good look when the gatekeepers of the university are responsible for getting our asses embarrassed on national television, again. They made this decision, and it needs to result in someone getting their ass relieved of duties. We truly put the dumbest fucks in charge on the BoR and president’s office this time around. 

Edited by Edwards Limestone
  • Fuck You 6

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Ascending to those jobs at his age was pretty high-achievement.  The USC job when he took it was probably a better job than Texas, certainly equivalent.

The dude needs to show he can build a staff and win at (the minimum) a mid level program.  He’s never done that and has a sketchy history but for some reason is the HC at Texas.  

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The dude needs to show he can build a staff and win at (the minimum) a mid level program.  He’s never done that and has a sketchy history but for some reason is the HC at Texas.  

After Urban did we show any signs of actually interviewing anybody else other than Sark?

1 hour ago, USNALonghorn said:

I’m not saying we win a the game with Casey, but pulling Card early in the game (Q2) would’ve drastically changed the completion of the game. It would’ve been close.

The fact that he didn’t pull Card and put in Casey after the half gave me that “stubborn man syndrome” vibe.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Edwards Limestone said:

Texas fans need to stop worrying about aggy and start focusing on the future. 

As a 3rd gen alum, it’s not a good look when the gatekeepers of the university are responsible for getting our asses embarrassed on national television, again. They made this decision, and it needs to result in someone getting their ass relieved of duties. We truly put the dumbest fucks in charge on the BoR and president’s office this time around. 

Wow.  Third generation alum.  Was your older brother Fred, a real closet case?

I am a SarkesiaHorn.  I fully support Sark and all of you who want a bite can bite my ass.  He is going to win here,   I have watched Texas Corches since DKR and Sark gits it.  Unite and support this team and we will win.  Oh, and Casey should haz starts against the owls.
Are you a teenage girl?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Let the QB controversy begin…unfortunately.

There really shouldn’t be a controversy. The book on how to beat Texas with Card has been written, published, and made the best seller list. He’s hesitant to throw down the field and not that accurate when going deep. He also actively looks to avoid running. He’s no doubt talented but he’s not ready. Thompson deserves a shot and at this point that gives you the best chance of making something out of this season
  • Like 1

Sark is 0-20 now when down at the half. This stat reminds me of watching Herman lose head scratching games at Houston to SMU, Navy, and UConn in that year we were grabbing him away from LSU's clutches. We knew what we were getting. We know what we're getting with Sark. He seems like a guy who will have trouble adjusting when his scheme isn't working. Trotting Card back out when he knew it wasn't working was very troubling. 

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Sark is 0-20 now when down at the half. This stat reminds me of watching Herman lose head scratching games at Houston to SMU, Navy, and UConn in that year we were grabbing him away from LSU's clutches. We knew what we were getting. We know what we're getting with Sark. He seems like a guy who will have trouble adjusting when his scheme isn't working. Trotting Card back out when he knew it wasn't working was very troubling. 

To 2024 and better days!

11 hours ago, squeegeedegg said:

The defense never shut down the run, from beginning to end, despite trying to.  That's a recipe for a loss all day every day.  I'm angry at the offense too, specifically the O line and receivers, but I've always been pessimistic about where we were gonna be offensively this year anyway.  Bitching about which QB to play when they've both been neck and neck all camp is asinine seeing where we really lost this game.  We want to play and defend in space.  Arky made this game about constant impact, hard and constant whether on the attack or on the defense.  We didn't have the makeup for this type of game and the coaches just found that out.  If we keep butting our heads against the wall for the rest of the season I'll get on the Sark sucks train but not right now after seeing tonight

Dude we had like 57 yards of offense in the first half. The loss was on the offense. The D at least hung in there in the first half.