infiltration by the mexican drug cartels

devastating economic misery

collapsing health care system

3rd world electrical grid

extreme weather events with no federal aid

thousands of miles of border with newly hostile neighbors

pros:

owning the libs!

edit: Out of all the other states, I'd guess Oklahoma would probably be the most likely to texit with us. Not sure if the texit morons would consider that a pro or a con.

the cartel would be running the border within days and the bigger cities within weeks 

• Hook 'Em 1

When I went to my hometown in Texas last month I saw people with "Texas Secede" shirts on. I saw more Duck Dynasty beards at the weekly Cornball League (The state champion is from my hometown and I grew up with him. I don't think he cares one iota about politics, at all. He can BBQ and grill some amazing food though.) than I have seen in the rest of my life combined and I had a friend who had a pistol above his fireplace that I am hoping was just a gift and not something he had made himself. I had a BLM hat that I wear often that I was advised by a good friend to put away or it would cause a fight. I was not there for any of that so I just put on my Yankees hat. 
These people are grossly misinformed and are swimming in a sea of lies filled with grifters. I had not been home to visit, other than for my aunt's funeral in January, in almost 5 years. I cannot believe what I witnessed. That shirt though was just the height for me of how off things are there.

I just saw a friend’s dad’s Facebook page and holy shit. It was all plandemic, chips, MAGA, etc. This guy was always a 60s flower child hippie. Pro weed, pro universal healthcare, only voted Democrat,etc. his kids are very liberal. One is a faculty member at the Dell medical school and I he other is a graphic artist in CA. Fuck. The guy got married barefoot in a park by a goddamn shaman back in the day. No idea what happened other than he’s been stuck in my hometown his entire life.

5 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Texas taxes would increase if it were an independent nation. While Texas isn't nearly the worst, it is currently a net federal taker.

That's an understatement-and-a-half.

The amount we would have to pay on border and coastal security alone would bankrupt us.

And there would be trade embargoes by the US.

And OPEC would gut our O&G industry, which means some kind of welfare/unemployment for a shitload of people who still have lots to pay on their dualies and double-wides.

And we can print all the Texas money we want, but we don't have the means to back it up.  For fuck's sake, the state couldn't even make a gold repository (more like suppository) work.

And there would be a massive drain of high-paying jobs in various industries as the people who could afford to get out and go somewhere else more financially secure, would do so.  All those high-tech jobs would empty pretty quick when people get tired of massive price fluctuations in food, gas, etc.

I can only imagine what our power grid would be like, if our state legislature became national legislature, bought-and-paid-for.

These fucking Texit idiots really don't understand how amazingly stable our state and economy is thanks in part to being a part of the US.

Of course, they don't even realize we can't legally secede.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I just saw a friend’s dad’s Facebook page and holy shit. It was all plandemic, chips, MAGA, etc. This guy was always a 60s flower child hippie. Pro weed, pro universal healthcare, only voted Democrat,etc. his kids are very liberal. One is a faculty member at the Dell medical school and I he other is a graphic artist in CA. Fuck. The guy got married barefoot in a park by a goddamn shaman back in the day. No idea what happened other than he’s been stuck in my hometown his entire life.

Older people on fixed incomes/pensions are scared shitless of losing everything, and Trump was able to tap into that.

Of course, Texit would completely destroy that financially security they still have, so must have been some bad acid.

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I think the switch happens when they get their first pair of white New Balances and CBS crime procedurals start to make up over 50% of their non-Fox News television intake.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I think the switch happens when they get their first pair of white New Balances and CBS crime procedurals start to make up over 50% of their non-Fox News television intake.

It begins when they get their first social security check.  More time at home watching tv and more time to mindlessly pursue social media.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

@Brisketexan, tell me more about how issues with water and power in Texas are so different and worse than in utopia's like California and PNW and how people are leaving better weather and infrastructure situations in droves to a worse one.

California is going through an extreme drought this year, after a decade marked by record-breaking dry spells. Rivers and reservoirs are low and strained. Aquifers are draining; wells are going dry. Some households don’t have access to clean water, whereas others are rationing and have been for months. This has led to a great many uses of the word “emergency”: a drought state of emergency has been declared for forty-two per cent of the state’s residents; an emergency curtailment order has prohibited further depletion of the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta watershed; in an emergency procedure, nearly seventeen million juvenile Chinook salmon, spawned in Central Valley hatcheries, have been displaced, by truck, to deeper, cooler bodies of water. In May, farmers with ties to Ammon Bundy camped along the border with Oregon to protest water shutoffs. In August, the federal government declared a water shortage for the Colorado River, which, among other crucial functions, feeds Lake Mead, the reservoir propelling the Hoover Dam—a significant source of power for Nevada, Arizona, and Southern California. Lake Oroville can no longer support its underground hydroelectric plant. Illegal cannabis growers are thought to be conducting overnight water heists.

Governor Gavin Newsom, who on Tuesday won a recall election that threatened to remove him from office, has asked Californians to reduce their personal water usage by fifteen per cent. This isn’t the first such request, and people know what to do: they neglect the lawn, skip the car wash, watch the tap, and line the bathtub with buckets for gray water. Before I lived in California, I used to find Joan Didion’s rhapsodic appreciation of municipal waterworks, from 1977—“The water I will draw tomorrow from my tap in Malibu is today crossing the Mojave Desert from the Colorado River, and I like to think about exactly where that water is”—a little unconvincing. It seemed like poetic license. Now I see that it is the sentiment of someone for whom basic infrastructure has proved unreliable.

and the climate change and wildfires toothpaste ain't going back in the tube anytime soon.

During this summer’s unprecedented and prolonged heat, California farmworkers, exposed to triple-digit temperatures, were vulnerable to dehydration and heatstroke. Dairy cows suffered from heat stress, and steers and lambs were lethargic. Prune plums dropped prematurely; tree nuts and apples were sunburned. Up the coast, in Canada and the Pacific Northwest, berries rotted on the vine, baby hawks jumped their nests to avoid the sun, and clams and mussels baked in their shells. Avocados and lemons are smaller than usual. Food staples are getting more expensive. Smaller short-grain-rice plantings in the Sacramento Valley, coupled with a looming salmon shortage, portend a crisis for the “sushi supply chain.” Meanwhile, if the past few fire seasons are any indication, farmworkers will continue to pick produce in ash-laden air, harvesting fields thick with smoke for the fifth year in a row.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Fuck You 1

8 hours ago, Gap03 said:

No deal unless we can get rid pretty much everything east of I-45 from Dallas to Houston ... and they go ahead and euthanize Gohmert, cuz I'm no going to listen to him bitch about the outcome once the deal is done.

This new state is going to look more jerrymandered than the Bandera TV coverage map.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gap03 said:

No deal unless we can get rid pretty much everything east of I-45 from Dallas to Houston ... and they go ahead and euthanize Gohmert, cuz I'm no going to listen to him bitch about the outcome once the deal is done.

Wrong!!! That would keep collie station in Texas.

Here is my ideal new Texas.

Texas-Map.thumb.jpg.95234a1960f128adfe68e06a9ba61f48.jpg

Sorry Houston but sacrifices must be made.

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

@Brisketexan, tell me more about how issues with water and power in Texas are so different and worse than in utopia's like California and PNW and how people are leaving better weather and infrastructure situations in droves to a worse one.

and the climate change and wildfires toothpaste ain't going back in the tube anytime soon.

It's your position that people are fleeing California because of the weather and infrastructure?

7 minutes ago, Foosters said:

It's your position that people are fleeing California because of the weather and infrastructure?

No. For further reading, please see last page where I have laid out my position for you to review if you care and/or have the time.

Brisket's contention is that my position is fundamentally wrong because of, among other political concerns, water/infrastructure concerns. 

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Fuck You 1

I bet these dipshits believe that the US would just hand over all of the equipment and arms at Fort Hood and Fort Bliss, all of the Air Force bases, all of the Naval installations, and all of the Reserve components in Texas.  And you know the US isn't leaving anything at Pantex.  Pinheaded idiots, the lot of them.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

It begins when they get their first social security check.  More time at home watching tv and more time to mindlessly pursue social media.

Do they get the reverse mortgage because of they spent all their savings on silver coins or do they use the reverse mortgage checks to buy the silver coins?

10 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I bet these dipshits believe that the US would just hand over all of the equipment and arms at Fort Hood and Fort Bliss, all of the Air Force bases, all of the Naval installations, and all of the Reserve components in Texas.  And you know the US isn't leaving anything at Pantex.  Pinheaded idiots, the lot of them.

It'd be cool if these idiots considered firing on Fort Hood or Fort Bliss as their Fort Sumter moment, because it'd turn into the ultimate Fuck Around and Find Out moment.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Counterpoint:  without Texas, it might get a little more difficult for any republican to win the Electoral College.

Technically, no, because Texas' 40 votes just disappears from the map, so it's 498 electoral votes / 250 to win.  

They are definitely fucked because they lose 2 Senate seats and 23 House seats.  Dems only lose 13 seats.  

435 - 38 = 397 House seats. 199 for control.  Dems would have 209 and GOP would have 190  (3 vacancies but they are safe seats, so I added 2 to the Dems and 1 to the GOP). 

Edited by Js1

Well it does make it harder but not as much as you first think because of what you're saying. But it is harder. Let's start with this as the basis for the thought exercise:

image.png.5c1d873e8f02f233d11c758e2148cce1.png

So right now the Republicans have to win 82 of 141 competitive electoral votes (58.2%) to get from 188 to 270. Take Texas out. Now Republicans have to win 102 out of 141 competitive electoral votes (72.3%) to get from 148 to 250.

On 9/15/2021 at 10:16 AM, Brisketexan said:

Yep.  We'll be a white supremacist petro state, where the only people with any assurances of safety, security, and the basic functions of life, will be the oligarchs.

Texas has ALWAYS had a dark side.  What surprises me is the enthusiastic fervor with which we have embraced it in the last decade, jammed our foot down on the gas, and completely disabled the brakes.

All gas no brakes?

15 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Response on a thread by a local ambulance chasing attorney acquaintance of mine discussing the Texans who got in a fight with a NYC restaurant hostess when she asked them for their proof of vaccination.

c5eb9e25c88ab76701c07ce0e8843a30.jpg

Succeed?

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Here’s how to shut them all up: make it so Texas competes in international sports as its own nation, like Puerto Rico, or how all the composite parts of the UK compete on their own. 

As for football we could have a TFL whose winner takes on the NFL Champs. Teams everywhere, like five in DFW and Houston, three apiece in SA and Austin, and one more in smaller towns all the way down to San Angelo size. 

after a year or two of growing pains, this league would regularly dominate the NFL because we’re Texas. Even if we could only afford ten percent of what they’d get in the league, native born players would stay out of Texan pride and “Americans” would flock to play in our league because they are competitors and want to be the best. 

Here’s how to shut them all up: make it so Texas competes in international sports as its own nation, like Puerto Rico, or how all the composite parts of the UK compete on their own. 

As for football we could have a TFL whose winner takes on the NFL Champs. Teams everywhere, like five in DFW and Houston, three apiece in SA and Austin, and one more in smaller towns all the way down to San Angelo size. 

after a year or two of growing pains, this league would regularly dominate the NFL because we’re Texas. Even if we could only afford ten percent of what they’d get in the league, native born players would stay out of Texan pride and “Americans” would flock to play in our league because they are competitors and want to be the best. 

How’s this Texas league doing on ncaa level the last 10 years?