Tech Game Week

Wulaw Horn

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Hopefully Keilan's role is expanded a bit from "garbage time RB". He needs to be the RB on the field when we put Bijan in the slot. 

Agree with this completely. We need both of them on the field. 

4 minutes ago, Sock Monkey said:

He should also be put in the slot some. The dude  needs touches.

Keilan reportedly didn’t want to plays lot at Bama. Eithe the’ snot a good receiver or just really doesn’t want to because you have to imagine he’d be getting reps there otherwise. Bijan is probably the best WR on the team so having him motion out and Keilan in the backfield when he does might be out best option anyways. Bijan will probably pull more guys out of the box than Keilan when he shifts. 

On 9/21/2021 at 1:47 AM, ImissWallyPryor said:

Do any of you geniuses have the ABC College Football Coverage Map for this game? I feel like a dumb ass because I can’t find this weeks’ map. A link would also help. 

On 9/21/2021 at 5:19 AM, Pancho said:

Do they even make coverage maps anymore? I do think I’ve seen one since what 2010?

Coverage maps seem obsolete since there’s streaming now.

On 9/21/2021 at 9:38 AM, ImissWallyPryor said:

I came across one from 2011.

Games are one of the few reasons I have to watch network television. Most streaming services only offer local channels to select areas, so without Locast, that can be a problem.

It turns out that I will be at our cabin this weekend where I can reactivate Dish Outdoors for the game. It’s a service they offer primarily for people who travel in RVs or have vacation homes. They only charge for the days the service is active. It’s a good deal when we need to watch LHN or a game our local channels aren’t carrying (or a game we want to DVR). 

16 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

I could be wrong but I always thought 11AM ABC is National and 2:30 ABC was periodically Regional, but that may be an outdated way of doing it.

I've been looking for coverage maps as well, but it looks like they don't do that anymore.  So, are all games broadcast on ABC and ESPN "national" now?

In the olden days, you'd see two or three different games listed on ABC at 2:30 PM.  Now, it seems like there's only one, so I guess they don't split the coverage regionally anymore? 

Or do they trade up some of the ESPN/2 games onto the ABC OTA broadcast in certain regions?  I'm in Austin, so I don't ever see what they do with our 11 AM games or 2:30 games, in other parts of the country?

I'm really curious about this, hoping someone knows?

21 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I've been looking for coverage maps as well, but it looks like they don't do that anymore.  So, are all games broadcast on ABC and ESPN "national" now?

In the olden days, you'd see two or three different games listed on ABC at 2:30 PM.  Now, it seems like there's only one, so I guess they don't split the coverage regionally anymore? 

Or do they trade up some of the ESPN/2 games onto the ABC OTA broadcast in certain regions?  I'm in Austin, so I don't ever see what they do with our 11 AM games or 2:30 games, in other parts of the country?

I'm really curious about this, hoping someone knows?

I believe this is true.  Instead of the coverage split regionally on ABC, I think they sometimes do a "reverse mirror" broadcast where the games are swapped between ABC and ESPN or ESPN2 depending on the region.  But I don't think it happens very often.

Edited by LonghornSean
  • Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Make Roschon the designated wildcat QB and put both Bijan and Keilan on the field at the same time.  That can create all sorts of nightmare situations for opposing defenses.  Can you imagine the possibilities?

Throw John Childs in there and we're unstoppable.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Bijan is probably the best WR on the team so having him motion out and Keilan in the backfield when he does might be out best option anyways. Bijan will probably pull more guys out of the box than Keilan when he shifts. 

Xavier Worthy is probably the best WR on the team.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Xavier Worthy is probably the best WR on the team.

I’d still take Bijan over him since he’s a true freshman and is somewhat limited right now. Bijan was unguardable running routes at every camp he attended in HS. The guy probably could’ve been a 5 star slot WR if he played that full time. 

Not that it matters since they play different positions and will be on the field together. 

Reasons I believe we curb stomp Tech on Saturday

1. I believe that Sark now knows that we are better at running outside zone than right up the middle. 
2. Sark will give Worthy the ball in space like we saw against Rice. Something as simple as a jet sweep works with his speed. 
3. I believe that we will begin to utilize our deep rb room more. Give us a formation with Bijan, Rojo and Keilan on the field at the same time.

4. Casey will extend plays when our shitty o-line doesn’t block right. 
5. We come out fast and make Tech play from behind. 

Reasons we might not win

1. Shitty O-Line play 

2. Dicker makes more than 1 mistake

3. Have stupid turnovers 

Overall, I believe that Sark wants to make a statement in his first Big 12 game

Texas 42-Tech 17 

• Hook 'Em 3

So my older brother went to Tceh.  So it’s family business what happens this Saturday.

I want the Four Headed Running Back Monster unleashed!  I want 4x100+ yards plus stacks of receptions and returns.  I want our Defense to have so many stops that Dicker is exhausted by kickoffs and extra points.  I want it explained to all that is Tceh what playing Texas is going to be like going forward into SEC land.

oh and I want Casey and Hudson both to have nice days.🤘

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 11:08 AM, Fondren & Main said:

Make Roschon the designated wildcat QB and put both Bijan and Keilan on the field at the same time.  That can create all sorts of nightmare situations for opposing defenses.  Can you imagine the possibilities?

That is the old Arkansas offense. McFadden was the QB. The other 2 RBs ended up in the NFL. They used to take the faster RB, forgot his name, and have him run the jet sweep, Hello Keilan. Only issue is the white RB used to block a lot and that would be Bijan’s spot

No reason for this to be a close game. Talent difference alone is significant, although they're better than they were in the Kingsbury years and he managed to win twice in DKR.  Their coach can recruit, but he can't manage a game for shit.  If the game is close at all he'll fuck it up for his team at the end.

But: Tech defense looks much saltier than in the past, with a legit line and linebackers.  The offense is suspect, even though they have a number of future NFL receivers.  O line might be worse than UT.   Tech can't win a shootout like they have in the past, but if they manage to stuff the UT run, which they are potentially capable of doing, it might be a long day.  

4 hours ago, Domedriver said:

So my older brother went to Tceh.  So it’s family business what happens this Saturday.

I want the Four Headed Running Back Monster unleashed!  I want 4x100+ yards plus stacks of receptions and returns.  I want our Defense to have so many stops that Dicker is exhausted by kickoffs and extra points.  I want it explained to all that is Tceh what playing Texas is going to be like going forward into SEC land.

oh and I want Casey and Hudson both to have nice days.🤘

That might not happen because of Sideshow Bert. You might have missed that Sideshow kicked 3 XPs (first came late in the first half) despite Texas not punting even once. For the record, Dicker kicked 5 XPs.

4 hours ago, Codaxx said:

That is the old Arkansas offense. McFadden was the QB. The other 2 RBs ended up in the NFL. They used to take the faster RB, forgot his name, and have him run the jet sweep, Hello Keilan. Only issue is the white RB used to block a lot and that would be Bijan’s spot

Felix Jones.

4 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Yes, but RoJo was a QB! 

GIF by Identity