Tech Game Week

Wulaw Horn

8 hours ago, Fletch said:

We need a wild cat formation with roschon at qb with Bijan and Robinson lined up with him in the backfield would be unfair 

The sad part about reading this is all I could see was Major getting bull rushed, Okafor getting stood up and Jones whiffing on the play all for a TL.

• Rage+1 1

26 minutes ago, Chad said:

I just want to begin conference play 1-0, is that too much to ask for after the Arky debacle? If Turtle Tom was still coaching the team it might be. He made a living out of close games with over matched opponents.

Not so sure about how over matched they are.  Hope you are right.

10 hours ago, markstanco said:

This meme is maybe 15 years old. Where did it start? I am thinking the texags boards

8 hours ago, Droopy said:

Texas game in Lubbock, but it also could have been in Austin. They scored and their flags that spell out TECH, went across the end zone as TCEH. 

I'd never heard it was a Texas game but here is the incident

oUT4ScUp-LUo6ZYLC8wicJLcS_JmBk4ejD5QOgGz

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Fletcher's on a midway is not the place for experimentation with dips. Take what they got, or eat'em raw. At home is a different story, whether you're rolling out fries or corn dogs. That's the time to go to multidip mode. 

Yes, I'm going there. Mayo is definitely one and is a good base for flavoring, but NOT american mayos... Go with a decent belgian mayo, you'll be surprised how much difference between it and american sugarbomb mayos. I like mayo with worcester sauce and a good dose of tabasco. I also recommend digging through the fourteen or so bottles of salad dressings the females in your life have stashed away in various places in your ice box, no telling what sort of tasty glop you can find.

Edited by Tex Long
on accounta

22 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Also, I don't have any reason to expect all of our games with Sark to be mudholes. I think the Arkansas game revealed things to him that he won't ignore. As I've said other places, I'm an optimistic fan, but not so much to bathe in koolaid. I was excited heading into Arkansas, demoralized afterward, and now guardedly optimistic after Rice.

Seems reasonable....you have no place here

I tried to watch those highlights and get scared of something TTU was doing on offense or defense, but ended thinking wow FIU is awful. Like real bad.

It will be Tech's superbowl this weekend for sure, and that QB has some talent, but I didn't see anything on that highlight real that will keep me up late at night this week worrying. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 9:15 AM, gmr548 said:

The OL is a work in the progress in the same sense that a manned mission to Mars is a work in progress.

I haven’t watched them so I don’t know too much beyond the Oregon transfer QB, but Tech does not appear to start games well. Down 21-7 to UH at half, 13-7 at half to SFA, and fucked around with FIU for the first third or so of their game yesterday. One would think Texas should be able to build a comfortable lead early and put the game on cruise control.

I know that cruise control isn't technically the same thing as brakes, but still, NO FUCKING BRAKES!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

Erin Hogan was talking up Tech this morning, saying the Oregon transfer QB is good, and Tech is strong at running back and linebacker, and the team overall has a lot of 6-year seniors.  I don't know much about this year's Tech team and haven't seen a down of any of their games, but their 3-0 record seems unimpressive, especially beating Stephen F. Austin at home 28-22.

Arky was unimpressive beating Rice as well but they found a way to uncork on us.

I am not saying they are world beaters.  They do have some pretty good offensive talent and a solid OC.

It's not hard to imagine they might be more inspired playing us than SFA.

Hopefully, we show up early and take the wind out of their sails.

Also, my confidence in our DL is dropping.  Need a good pass rush up front in this game.

Edited by burdine
  • Hook 'Em 1

Tech traditionally plays like little girls against UT. Even the few times when it isn’t true only like twice has the game ended with a Tech win. I expect this to be a blowout especially given that Sark was willing to change to the obviously better QB after a lackluster performance from Card. 

Taking Beard and dismantling the last 2 conferences while Tech asks for 25 more years of annual meetings in exchange for less money just shows the bitchassedness. Tech will soon be like UH after the SWC, an afterthought and a good place to poach coaches from. 

SFA should've beaten Tech. They legit got robbed on a non-called penalty in the end zone that would've put the ball on the 1 or so yard line with 40 seconds left. 

SFA's o-line is probably better than Texas' but they got a good push all game. SFA had to play its 4th string RB due to injuries and he found holes. 

Erin Hogan was talking up Tech this morning, saying the Oregon transfer QB is good, and Tech is strong at running back and linebacker, and the team overall has a lot of 6-year seniors.  I don't know much about this year's Tech team and haven't seen a down of any of their games, but their 3-0 record seems unimpressive, especially beating Stephen F. Austin at home 28-22.

Skimming Tech sites, the consensus appears they have a strong running game, with talented running backs and a strong run blocking OL, but the passing game is a work in progress with a new QB, porous OL in pass pro, and lackluster receivers.

Defensively they seem to like their DL but haven’t really been tested.

Texas pass rush vs Tech OL will be the classic stoppable force vs movable object matchup. Of course, if they really run the ball well, they may not need to throw the ball much as the Texas defense has proven it can be had on the ground.

46 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Yeah, I haven’t watched Tech play at all but I don’t get all the people trying to talk them up. They haven’t played anyone good, and They only beat SFA by 6 and it was a one score game for the last 9 minutes. On top of that, Shough was 11-21 for 163 with 1 TD and 2 INTs in that game. 

Having said that, I’m sure they’ll put up 50 on us because that’s always how it seems to go. 

At least historically, Tech doesn't exactly come out with its hair on fire at DKR. They play Texas tough and home and get drilled in Austin. They've won 2 of the last 3 in Austin, but one was against Strong and the other was Herman's first season. The last time they played at DKR, Texas won by 25. Maybe this year they're super motivated, but that would be out of character for them.

This is a strange season because I have no idea how good the secondary is. We've played 2 running QBs and whatever Rice is.

• Like 1

My only real concern is that Tech dials it up this week from a game planning standpoint and adds in some of their best stuff to kick us in the ass heading out the door. Their talent doesn't concern me, and I feel like PK should do a decent job of holding them in check offensively. It all comes down to our OLine. If we get push, this should be an easy win. If we don't, then we will be in for a shootout. 

I was prepared for our OL to be shaky early in the year.

However, I thought the DL would be a clear strength and allow the rest of the defense to play fast and be aggressive.

Our DL has not impressed me so far.

This would be a good game for them to show up as we face an offense with a pulse and multiple dimensions.

• Hook 'Em 3