Tech Game Week

Wulaw Horn

37 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Skimming Tech sites, the consensus appears they have a strong running game, with talented running backs and a strong run blocking OL, but the passing game is a work in progress with a new QB, porous OL in pass pro, and lackluster receivers.

Defensively they seem to like their DL but haven’t really been tested.

Texas pass rush vs Tech OL will be the classic stoppable force vs movable object matchup. Of course, if they really run the ball well, they may not need to throw the ball much as the Texas defense has proven it can be had on the ground.

Just like the Arky game if our offense starts slow and doesn’t force them into the more uncomfortable pass game they will run it down our throats.  To me our defense is a known factor so it’s up to the offense to score early and often to force Tech away from their run game.  Don’t give them the ability to slowly asphyxiate our dline.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

SFA should've beaten Tech. They legit got robbed on a non-called penalty in the end zone that would've put the ball on the 1 or so yard line with 40 seconds left. 

SFA's o-line is probably better than Texas' but they got a good push all game. SFA had to play its 4th string RB due to injuries and he found holes. 

I would call you an idiot but I have no reason not to believe you

7 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Just like the Arky game if our offense starts slow and doesn’t force them into the more uncomfortable pass game they will run it down our throats.  To me our defense is a known factor so it’s up to the offense to score early and often to force Tech away from their run game.  Don’t give them the ability to slowly asphyxiate our dline.  

We need to crowd the box more than we did vs Ark.  We need to stop the run & invite the pass.

Tech highlights from last weekend.
Shough had a pretty good stat line  -  26/35 for 399 yds and 4TDs
Sonny Cumbie is their new OC.
Should be a different kind of test for our defense.
Thanks for sharing. Haven't watched any of their games.

Saw lots of pressure from their dline, so this will be a better gauge of line improvement than rice was.

Also saw a more aggressive passing attack, which makes sense from cumbie and is a test our defense hasn't really faced yet this year.

I can't bring myself to expect the mudhole predictions being thrown around here, given Arkansas is the only team we've played so far with legit P5 talent and they ate our lunch. I'm excited for this game mainly as a measuring stick for how much we've improved since that game, both players and coaches, building off of the weaknesses revealed.

If we look great against tech, I can start getting excited about competing with TCU, and possibly ou. If we see the same issues we had with Arkansas popping up, it's going to be a long season in conference play.
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Thanks for sharing. Haven't watched any of their games.

Saw lots of pressure from their dline, so this will be a better gauge of line improvement than rice was.

Also saw a more aggressive passing attack, which makes sense from cumbie and is a test our defense hasn't really faced yet this year.

I can't bring myself to expect the mudhole predictions being thrown around here, given Arkansas is the only team we've played so far with legit P5 talent and they ate our lunch. I'm excited for this game mainly as a measuring stick for how much we've improved since that game, both players and coaches, building off of the weaknesses revealed.

If we look great against tech, I can start getting excited about competing with TCU, and possibly ou. If we see the same issues we had with Arkansas popping up, it's going to be a long season in conference play.

Reasonable take.  I'm hoping to see progress from the Arky debacle.  This team should be improving week to week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, burdine said:

Tech highlights from last weekend.

Shough had a pretty good stat line  -  26/35 for 399 yds and 4TDs

Sonny Cumbie is their new OC.

Should be a different kind of test for our defense.

Just randomly scrolling thru and I read that as “4 STDs” and had to reread.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

image.png.65032a85f8557370d894c5a55ab0241c.png

So uh we like what progress we made last week. Played really well fundamentally and didn't have too many missed assignments. Played really sound football.  Looking forward to a good week of practice and a tough challenge this week with __________. You know I really respect Coach _________ he's got those guys ready to play and they are really well coached football team. That said it's all about us, we need to make sure we put our best foot forward and it starts in practice this week. 

At least he said we are a 2-1 football team going into Tech and not 0-0, every week is a new season, every play is a new play blah blah. Fucking momentum bruh you can't ignore it.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Zeus said:

image.png.65032a85f8557370d894c5a55ab0241c.png

So uh we like what progress we made last week. Played really well fundamentally and didn't have too many missed assignments. Played really sound football.  Looking forward to a good week of practice and a tough challenge this week with __________. You know I really respect Coach _________ he's got those guys ready to play and they are really well coached football team. That said it's all about us, we need to make sure we put our best foot forward and it starts in practice this week. 

At least he said we are a 2-1 football team going into Tech and not 0-0, every week is a new season, every play is a new play blah blah. Fucking momentum bruh you can't ignore it.

SAN DEMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES!

La-CMJ.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Cruise control deactivates if you touch the brake, so it’s very much no brakes.

Are you an engineer?  You sound like an engineer...and I say that with all due respect.  Okay Poindexter, there just seems to be something incongruous between cruise control, and All Gas, No Brakes...maybe not from an engineering point of view, but...gottdammit.

4 minutes ago, 83Horn said:

Are you an engineer?  You sound like an engineer...and I say that with all due respect.  Okay Poindexter, there just seems to be something incongruous between cruise control, and All Gas, No Brakes...maybe not from an engineering point of view, but...gottdammit.

You can always tell an engineer . . . you just can't tell him much. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/19/2021 at 12:11 PM, RomaVicta said:

As usual, I have no idea. As a sportswriter whose name I've lost wrote long ago: "The game could go either way and probably will."

Without at least four more games, it's just hard to tell where we actually are or will be. It's one of those seasons where just about everybody looks very vulnerable. 

Yep, agreed. Conference play is just so different than anything else, and like you said it can go either way. I feel better with Casey at the helm, but at some point he's going to come back down for at least a game, and I wonder how this board will react to that, especially if it's against TCU or ISU. Teams we should manhandle, yet can't seem to get over the mentality that they're actually inferior talent-wise (rankings). Matt Campbell isn't some genius, but he is a good coach. I expect Sark to be more prepared. TCU always seems to play at a high level against us, so we'll see how Sark responds to Fat Gare

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Sweater god this thread reads like arky game week. We are fucking doomed 

It's Surly, what'd you expect?

Nothing we say or do will impact the team or coaches. They will either win or won't, and they'll do it however they fucking do it. What's the point in being a cunt about it or whining because they didn't do the thing you wanted them to do? Talking shit on the internet is what brought us all together.

Get your shit together, soldier! and go out like a man instead of cowering satya..na... pussy!  

Hey, Tech! Thanks for the BB coach, the conference memories, and this win you're about to let us "steal" from you. Come by the Surly tailgate and I'll buy you a beer after the game. 🤘 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Do any of you geniuses have the ABC College Football Coverage Map for this game? I feel like a dumb ass because I can’t find this weeks’ map. A link would also help. 

No.

But you can always just stream the game via the ESPN app no matter where you are.

28 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

I think we all know how this game starts. Early kick, and we come out lethargic. Texas goes 3 and out, Tech gets the ball and easily moves it downfield in 5-6 plays for a quick score and we're down 7-0.

In that scenario, both Texas and you will have shown a sandy vagina early or is this your “doomed” post?

4 hours ago, Pancho said:

Do they even make coverage maps anymore? I do think I’ve seen one since what 2010?

Coverage maps seem obsolete since there’s streaming now.

I came across one from 2011.

Games are one of the few reasons I have to watch network television. Most streaming services only offer local channels to select areas, so without Locast, that can be a problem.

It turns out that I will be at our cabin this weekend where I can reactivate Dish Outdoors for the game. It’s a service they offer primarily for people who travel in RVs or have vacation homes. They only charge for the days the service is active. It’s a good deal when we need to watch LHN or a game our local channels aren’t carrying (or a game we want to DVR). 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Do any of you geniuses have the ABC College Football Coverage Map for this game? I feel like a dumb ass because I can’t find this weeks’ map. A link would also help. 

This may help you, its not a coverage map, but this guy has done a great job over the years cataloguing every game, time and channel.

https://www.lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 3:21 AM, LTtxfan said:

Texas Longhorns Schedule 202

Sat, 9/25
vsTTUTTU
11:00 AM

espn-abc@2x.png
On 9/19/2021 at 1:16 AM, Burt said:

Also, I have a 2 free months of Sling offer via Verizon that I've been sitting on just for such an occasion.  

On 9/19/2021 at 3:21 AM, LTtxfan said:

Is ESPN+ possibly an option instead of SLING to get the Tech game up there ??  (Pretty sure you have to have a regular ESPN subscription to add ESPN+ though... )

ESPN schedule for TEXAS shows ABC

Texas Longhorns Schedule 2021

Sat, 9/25
vsTTUTTU
11:00 AM

espn-abc@2x.png

Regarding the above that I sent before finishing, I have Sling Orange + Blue with Sports Extra. The early games I see are LSU vs MSU on ESPN, Mizzou vs BC on ESPN2, and Bowling Green vs Minnesota on ESPN3. I’m still not certain which game I’ll get on ABC, so I’m curious what solution Burt may have found. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

18 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

This may help you, its not a coverage map, but this guy has done a great job over the years cataloguing every game, time and channel.

https://www.lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

Thanks, but I don’t see where that tells me if it is my regional game. I saw that same schedule in my searches, so I think he copied it from the ABC/ESPN site. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Regarding the above that I sent before finishing, I have Sling Orange + Blue with Sports Extra. The early games I see are LSU vs MSU on ESPN, Mizzou vs BC on ESPN2, and Bowling Green vs Minnesota on ESPN3. I’m still not certain which game I’ll get on ABC, so I’m curious what solution Burt may have found. 

The Athletic says our game is ABC. I think it’s national 

• Like 1

Games are one of the few reasons I have to watch network television. Most streaming services only offer local channels to select areas, so without Locast, that can be a problem.
It turns out that I will be at our cabin this weekend where I can reactivate Dish Outdoors for the game. It’s a service they offer primarily for people who travel in RVs or have vacation homes. They only charge for the days the service is active. It’s a good deal when we need to watch LHN or a game our local channels aren’t carrying (or a game we want to DVR). 
It is the ONLY reason I have Hulu+ which is now reaching cable levels of expense. Wife likes Hulu but would be fine with the Hulu (regular), Disney, ESPN+ bundle otherwise. It's my CFB addiction keeping us from going that route. I'm happy LHN won't be a factor in future streaming options...dropped YoutubeTV last year for Hulu+ and havent really missed Winstar ads over and fucking over. (We are now a Poison free household)

3 minutes ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

It is the ONLY reason I have Hulu+ which is now reaching cable levels of expense. Wife likes Hulu but would be fine with the Hulu (regular), Disney, ESPN+ bundle otherwise. It's my CFB addiction keeping us from going that route. I'm happy LHN won't be a factor in future streaming options...dropped YoutubeTV last year for Hulu+ and havent really missed Winstar ads over and fucking over. (We are now a Poison free household)

i have youtubeTV atm and paying 65/mo.  Would you say Hulu+ and live TV deal covers most of the sports stuff?

i have youtubeTV atm and paying 65/mo.  Would you say Hulu+ and live TV deal covers most of the sports stuff?
It covers everything I need except LHN, can't think of anything else missing sportwise. The package I have is $65 and includes
SEC
ACC
B1G
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPN news
ESPN U
FS1
FS2
NFL
And then your local ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox and probably something I missed.