This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I don’t know if you’ve seen our team play recently but we don’t expect to beat anyone any more- especially on the road. Yes, it’s ok for fans to celebrate a dominant win. Even against Kansas. Unfortunately that’s not something unique to Sark. We’ve been bad for like a decade 

That was my point. The bmds are so bad at hiring head coaches we celebrate beating kansas. It's fucking depressing.

• Rage+1 1

Herman is likely sitting at 9-2 right now with this roster. And he’s the definition of a slightly above average coach. 

Sark is a bad head coach. I mean, his record speaks for itself. His record looks much better than it should based on years in the Pac12 and significant time at two helmet schools.

A blowout win over a massively overrated KU team (is that possible?) shouldn’t change a thing but you guys are ready to give him an extension. 

Go find a real coach (e.g. Chris Beard) and shit will actually change. It’s obvious to me that Sark is a dead man walking here. Not a matter of if, but when at this point. 

Edited by Loop 1604
  • Hook 'Em 3

28 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

Herman is likely sitting at 9-2 right now with this roster. And he’s the definition of a slightly above average coach. 

Sark is a bad head coach. I mean, his record speaks for itself. His record looks much better than it should based on years in the Pac12 and significant time at two helmet schools.

A blowout win over a massively overrated KU team (is that possible?) shouldn’t change a thing but you guys are ready to give him an extension. 

Go find a real coach (e.g. Chris Beard) and shit will actually change. It’s obvious to me that Sark is a dead man walking here. Not a matter of if, but when at this point. 

Well, except Herman wouldn't have had this roster, for better or worse.  For worse, we'd probably be looking at the most shittastic OL in two decades of shittastic OLs.

Sam Ehlinger won Tom Herman a shit ton of games, pretty much all by himself.

And, you think a coach that lost the locker room two years ago would have suddenly turned that around?

Not one person has said Sarkisian should receive an extension.  A few people have speculated that he might, next year.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Are we back to the idiotic “BUT NICK SABAN” bullshit?

because if you’re using a sample size of ONE out of thousands of collegiate HCs to try to prop up your argument, you’re making a singularly, spectacularly, utterly inane argument.

What other path of the “year two success story” do you find more appealing?

Sarkisian might not be the guy. I wonder WTF is going on sometimes.

That said, he oversaw massive turnover of a roster that was rotten when he got here. Then throw in the entitled players, focused on issues other than football. Look at the improvement. The incoming recruiting class (which hopefully can hang on to a couple of stragglers). The guys who are looking to portal in.

There’s still a lot of youth and weak spots that are largely beyond his control at this point in his tenure, NIL notwithstanding.

Even with some tactics that seem questionable, with solid P5 QB play despite all the other issues across the two deep, Texas is probably a playoff team.

There are people who know more about actually playing football, QB in particular, than everyone on this board combined who seem to trust him.

Even on this staff there’s at least one guy this board wanted burned at the stake before the end of last season whose unit has markedly improved despite the widely acknowledged personnel shortages. Yes, yes, I know everything good and pure about the Texas defense comes from Patterson and everything questionable and weak comes from Kwiatkowski, but at least consider that it might not be so clear cut.

This Texas team would crush the throat of the one Sarkisian inherited.

But, yeah, Sarkisian might not be the guy. He is far from perfect. I’m not sure that looking at results he got at a different time in his life, with different issues and less experience and exposure to how an elite program functions, is any less inane than an argument that he’s already topped out.

We’ll see.
  • Hook 'Em 6

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, except Herman wouldn't have had this roster, for better or worse.  For worse, we'd probably be looking at the most shittastic OL in two decades of shittastic OLs.

Uh yeah. Are we forgetting Tom had almost an entire recruiting class basically yeet themselves off the roster? That’s a pretty big failure as HC. We lack talented depth bc one entire class is basically nonexistent 

QE wouldn’t be here if Tom was, he ran the kid off once. So we’d be rolling out Thompson or Card? LOL

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

What other path of the “year two success story” do you find more appealing?

Sarkisian might not be the guy. I wonder WTF is going on sometimes.

That said, he oversaw massive turnover of a roster that was rotten when he got here. Then throw in the entitled players, focused on issues other than football. Look at the improvement. The incoming recruiting class (which hopefully can hang on to a couple of stragglers). The guys who are looking to portal in.

There’s still a lot of youth and weak spots that are largely beyond his control at this point in his tenure, NIL notwithstanding.

Even with some tactics that seem questionable, with solid P5 QB play despite all the other issues across the two deep, Texas is probably a playoff team.

There are people who know more about actually playing football, QB in particular, than everyone on this board combined who seem to trust him.

Even on this staff there’s at least one guy this board wanted burned at the stake before the end of last season whose unit has markedly improved despite the widely acknowledged personnel shortages. Yes, yes, I know everything good and pure about the Texas defense comes from Patterson and everything questionable and weak comes from Kwiatkowski, but at least consider that it might not be so clear cut.

This Texas team would crush the throat of the one Sarkisian inherited.

But, yeah, Sarkisian might not be the guy. He is far from perfect. I’m not sure that looking at results he got at a different time in his life, with different issues and less experience and exposure to how an elite program functions, is any less inane than an argument that he’s already topped out.

We’ll see.

It doesn’t matter, Sarkisian IS NOT Saban and never had the sort of coaching success that Saban already had by now at smaller weaker programs. Quit trying to compare the two.

• Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, immamac said:

I wasn't defending Tom Herman and I won't sit here and defend him. I'm just saying he won a lot of games and that wasn't really why he was fired. 

Tom herman needed to go because he’s an asshole that lost the locker room and eventually couldn’t recruit.  However you could point to 5-6 games where a singular player error likely cost him a game.  His teams were never blown out and rarely quit.  His last team would punish sarks first team.  Not sure about the 2022 team

• Hook 'Em 1

It doesn’t matter, Sarkisian IS NOT Saban and never had the sort of coaching success that Saban already had by now at smaller weaker programs. Quit trying to compare the two.

I’m not comparing the two. I’m pointing out that Saban didn’t pop from Zeus’s head as a fully formed coaching juggernaut.

It would take very little adjustment, growth, or roster improvement for Texas to be in the drivers seat for a playoff spot, even now.

But, sure, the improvement from his first season to this one must be as good as Sarkisian can get.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

It would take very little adjustment, growth, or roster improvement for Texas to be in the drivers seat for a playoff spot, even now.

Completely delusional. Based on what? A close loss at home to the worst Bama team since 2008? A blowout win over the worst OU team in 25 years?

…our football program sucks because BMDs continue giving the keys to unproven (or in this case, already proven mediocre) coaches and try to justify their bullshit until they can’t anymore. It’s madness. 

Sark won’t sniff the playoffs here.

The first two years you know....we will keep this relocated to their first blue blood type job because that's the comparison here.

These are all the national title winning coaches dating back to 1980. I broke it down into 3 subcategories as well with anomalies, well oiled machine take overs, and coaches who are the reason their programs are what they are.

The anomalies: Ed Orgeron, Gene Chizik, Bill McCartney, Don James, Lavell Edwards, Danny Ford, Vince Dooley
Coaches that took over well oiled machines: Les Miles, Larry, Coker, Dennis Erickson, Barry Switzer
Architects of their program: Joe Paterno, Bobby Bowden, Hoard Schnellenberger, Tom Osbourne

Urban Meyer

image.png.111f5c3d4de3df69e090a59e2f01fd54.png

image.png.b3047c2322d9ae271972e93e47bc4271.png

Nick Saban
image.png.0212dda67c2a24db805375fd0d870e87.png

image.png.fbf0ce9f15ad09d84da9ce842875087a.png

Kirby Smart

image.png.4a1e4665cdf9cc37d285c03f929be64e.png

Dabo - competed in conference championship and won division second year
image.png.c657a201bb8ba38441b938ecca26767b.png

Jimbo

image.png.dc4f63234c3070366ad07d25f75a6607.png

image.png.dd848ff2f5b9fc18f64c0a504f0cdfb6.png

Mack Brown

image.png.37dead89d1e9d0e0c2c56c7c68557bc4.png

Pete Caroll

image.png.c8a4ec7a666447a2b89e248a8b90915c.png

Jim Tressel

image.png.b9f18fd9414f1dbf61707a81e0d15146.png

Bob Stoops
image.png.65c0c99ac3c268839544a91f1a2c71ee.png

Bobby Bowden

image.png.1e67a5728a5bebb6188e7a3b9ea538da.png

Phillip Fulmer

image.png.9937b7d77381362ce84f0ce1db2cf5f8.png

Lloyd Carr

image.png.63bb87ba21886d66fceb1090ad4c9627.png

Tom Osbourne

image.png.56c35d435f7cdb6dd79af0ed948ee2b2.png

Steve Spurrier

image.png.b8347b59e598e9307533c81dc789690a.png

Gene Stallings - This one is weird considering the big gap from his last season at A&M(1971) to his first at Bama

image.png.7e6604d362e19a62d7c8b7d571724307.png

image.png.e3c548bc2634f086e2af6ba162ca37e7.png

Dennis Erickson - Took over the Miami Jimmy Johnson program.
image.png.768b67e5041488b0099fbde8b3271e25.png

Lou Holtz - Kind of a hybrid here as he took over for Frank Broyles then had his own success at ND
image.png.4d62d068e7e2b90c54309680b6828855.png

image.png.aa77dffc76b003e0f515eb426cf54989.png

Jimmy Johnson

image.png.33b2bfdca84fb9123533c2d1f67d9c58.png

Joe Paterno - The guy is basically Penn State

image.png.b5a5d7fad9f341d34b13e310192a536d.png

Barry Switzer

image.png.64c0e497f897c91c83ae7223272c64a8.png

Howard Schnellenberger - The guy who built MIami

image.png.0d146342b4bb408558f85146857b3b84.png

Vince Dooley

image.png.4986390a1db1d783e88f1d5723ed14d5.png

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 3

Completely delusional. Based on what? A close loss at home to the worst Bama team since 2008? A blowout win over the worst OU team in 25 years?
…our football program sucks because BMDs continue giving the keys to unproven (or in this case, already proven mediocre) coaches and try to justify their bullshit until they can’t anymore. It’s madness. 

Sark won’t sniff the playoffs here.

Based on a missed safety call, a missed field goal, or a missed sack against Alabama.

Based on having a better plan for holding on to the ass whippings Texas was administering to Tech and Oklahoma State

Based on being able to compete even rudimentary passes to make TCU play defense more honestly.

You disagree. Fine.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Ed Orgeron - Elite quarterback added to roster through transfer

image.png.3a99eb2d5568949a307d0195b03751a0.png

Gene Chizik - Elite quarterback added to roster through transfer.

image.png.027f55dbe3cb5032426a7503f33d22ff.png

Bill McCartney - Would be fired in todays college football coaching climate, achieved title in 9th season

image.png.273b78865796e499ca557756598f6790.png

Don James - Achieved title in 17th season

image.png.a29a476e8587a9243afb6ecab33c8f80.png

Lavell Edwards - Achieved title in 13th season, Probably should add him to the architect section of this because he is BYU football.

image.png.74ab517d6dda81a7aebd63b0731b9d7c.png

Danny Ford - Achieved title in 4th season, maybe closest comp to Sarkisian(we hope?)

image.png.38f5b09c69fda58697fc94f656d15397.png

image.png.c4f9a0fef1b31dfadb3838b03fc9a4f7.png

Vince Dooley - Achieved title in 17th season

image.png.e7aa171b6c23c457aee5cc75e12abc59.png

1 hour ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I’m not comparing the two. I’m pointing out that Saban didn’t pop from Zeus’s head as a fully formed coaching juggernaut.

But, sure, the improvement from his first season to this one must be as good as Sarkisian can get.

You did when you interjected Saban into the discussion.

Saban’s time at Michigan State is not analogous to Sark’s career. At all.

Edited by lilMAC25

You did when you interjected Saban into the discussion.

Saban is not analogous. 

No. As I said, it was to illustrate that Saban worked to achieve a level of success he’d not demonstrated in the previous decade.

That isn’t to say Sarkisian is, or will be, Saban. It’s to say that coaches can improve.

I’m sorry you can’t see the difference.

23 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

No. As I said, it was to illustrate that Saban worked to achieve a level of success he’d not demonstrated in the previous decade.

That isn’t to say Sarkisian is, or will be, Saban. It’s to say that coaches can improve.

I’m sorry you can’t see the difference.

This isn’t the 1990s and Texas isn’t Michigan State. There is WAY too much money involved to tolerate mediocre seasons if our goal is winning championships. Mack Brown was signed fo $750,000 or something like that. Home game tickets when Mack got to Austin were $20/each, with no required donation. And then NIL. Donor/sponsors/boosters have invested so much time, energy, and money into giving this program all the advantages we can, so the stakes are much higher than ever before. 

Our program will completely implode (if you don’t count 2010-present a perpetual state of implosion) if we try to ride 5-7 win seasons for long. 

This isn’t the 1990s and Texas isn’t Michigan State. There is WAY too much money involved to tolerate mediocre seasons if our goal is winning championships. Mack Brown was signed fo $750,000 or something like that. Home game tickets when Mack got to Austin were $20/each, with no required donation. And then NIL. Donor/sponsors/boosters have invested so much time, energy, and money into giving this program all the advantages we can, so the stakes are much higher than ever before. 

Our program will completely implode (if you don’t count 2010-present a perpetual state of implosion) if we try to ride 5-7 win seasons for long. 

What was your preseason prediction for Texas’ record?

1 minute ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I didn’t make one because we are so incredibly inconsistent. The team quit for 6 games straight last year because they were so mentally fragile. Even this year, they’re inconsistent from half to half.

We haven’t played up to our potential in several games, and that falls on the head coach. Sarkisian CAN get that turned around, but his window for doing so is drawing closer. 

11 hours ago, immamac said:

I think you might be bad at critical thinking or actually making arguments based on facts. Texas with this exact roster and someone who doesn't turtle in the 2nd half and let's this team be this team is likely undefeated or at worst a 2 loss team with those 2 losses coming from an OOC opponent early in the season returning the majority of their starters and QB1 going down and the other from a playoff bound #4 ranked team. 

Some of you forget how fucking bad the loss AT TEXAS TECH AFTER LEADING BY 17 in the 2nd half and giving up 6/8 4th down conversions. They ran 99 FUCKING PLAYS from scrimmage. It was so absurdly fucking stupid against an absolute dogshit team. Go watch the fucking game again. It's an embarrassment to the coaching profession to let a team that bad stay in the game for that long and eventually lose in a glorified high school stadium that seats 64k.

Don't even get me started on the OSU loss in Stillwater where we threw the fucking ball 49 FUCKING TIMES WITH THE BEST RUNNING BACK IN THE COUNTRY WHICH THEY HAD NO ANSWER FOR AND SCORING 3 WHOLE MOTHER FUCKING POINTS IN THE 2ND HALF. 

The TCU loss was fucking stupid and we got cute game plan wise against something that should have exposed TCU, but didn't. We "schemed out of the game plan" which means we practiced all week for shit we didn't do in game with a young QB who we asked to throw 39 times and ran the best player in the country 12 times. 

Some of you want to blame the players, like what the fuck games are you guys watching. What fucking planet are you on? 

What he's saying is.

RUN.

THE.

BALL.

I'll hang up and listen.

I didn’t make one because we are so incredibly inconsistent. The team quit for 6 games straight last year because they were so mentally fragile. Even this year, they’re inconsistent from half to half.

We haven’t played up to our potential in several games, and that falls on the head coach. Sarkisian CAN get that turned around, but his window for doing so is drawing closer. 

I don’t disagree with that.

Texas, right now, is a much better team and is much better positioned than when Sarkisian walked on campus.

We can complain about the speed of improvement but not that there is substantial improvement, imo.

I’m not saying he’s definitely the answer. I’m saying I don’t think it’s demonstrably shown that he isn’t, either.
  • Hook 'Em 6

10 hours ago, MattyHorn said:

So does sark get a pass because he hasn’t lost the locker room yet? Even if it’s clear he isn’t the guy?

No, he gets a pass because he's never had a full season with a healthy QB... 

But if he comes out and throws 50 times next week, I may burn his house down.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Mine was 8-4, but I didn't anticipate blowing double-digit leads to the likes of Tech and Okie Lite. TCU game was a shit-show. 

I don't think Sark's the guy, but we're gonna give him at least one more year anyway. The BMDs don't wanna admit they fucked up.

• Hook 'Em 1

Mine was 8-4, but I didn't anticipate blowing double-digit leads to the likes of Tech and Okie Lite. TCU game was a shit-show. 
I don't think Sark's the guy, but we're gonna give him at least one more year anyway. The BMDs don't wanna admit they fucked up.

If Texas had lost always-close, hard fought death struggles instead of beating someone’s ass but not finishing, you’d be more satisfied?

Losing big leads sucks. I’d rather be in position of trying to hold a big lead than not being able to get a big lead. The losses still suck.

Edit: Who was your choice instead of Sarkisian? Who would it be now?

5 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Barring a scandal he gets at least 4 years and I'm ok with that.

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, Slacks said:

I'd say 40ish +/- 2

If we are throwing 40 times especially low percentage throws being a portion of that WE WILL RAGE

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Slacks said:

Baylor is going to try their best to make them. I expect to see heavy boxes and rushing at least 4. 

27 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Barring a scandal he gets at least 4 years and I'm ok with that.

Not sure if the below is totally accurate but that is our roster.  I wonder how this compares to any other team in the Top 25 as far as experience goes (not 4 or 5 star rankings). Since this is year 2 of Sark we should look at the upper classmen on the roster to see what Herman left him with.  Yeah, I get he could have portaled more guys in than he did but it really shows the lack of upper classmen on the roster which is why I actually think Sark is building this thing the right way.  He may not be the guy but he will leave the next guy a way better team.  I’m still hoping he is the guy but I think judgement should be withheld until after next season even though it  will still be a very young team.

WR-X 8 Worthy, Xavier SO 88 Cain, Casey RS FR 21 Omeire, Troy RS SO        
WR-Z 16 Milton, Tarique RS SR/TR 11 Thompson, Brenen FR            
WR-H 4 Whittington, Jordan RS JR 17 Red, Savion FR 83 Sulser, Gabe SR/TR        
LT 78 Banks Jr., Kelvin FR 69 Karic, Andrej RS SO            
LG 76 Conner, Hayden SO 67 Agbo, Malik FR            
OC 65 Majors, Jake RS SO 62 Robertson, Connor FR 71 Parr, Logan RS SO        
RG 54 Hutson, Cole FR 52 Campbell, DJ FR 72 Umeozulu, Neto FR        
RT 70 Jones, Christian RS SR 56 Williams, Cameron FR            
TE 00 Sanders, Ja'Tavion SO 85 Helm, Gunnar SO 9 Billingsley, Jahleel SR/TR        
QB 3 Ewers, Quinn RS FR/TR 1 Card, Hudson RS SO 14 Wright, Charles RS FR        
RB 5 Robinson, Bijan JR 2 Johnson, Roschon SR 7 Robinson, Keilan RS JR/TR 24 Brooks, Jonathon RS FR    
DEFENSE
DE 88 Sorrell, Barryn SO 1 Finkley, Justice FR 32 Dorbah, Prince RS SO        
NT 99 Coburn, Keondre RS SR 90 Murphy II, Byron SO 45 Broughton, Vernon RS SO        
DT 93 Sweat, T'Vondre SR 98 Ojomo, Moro RS SR 95 Collins, Alfred JR        
DE 18 Oghoufo, Ovie GR/TR 30 Richardson, Devin RS JR/TR            
WLB 00 Overshown, DeMarvion SR 3 Tucker-Dorsey, Diamonte RS SR/TR 33 Gbenda, David RS JR        
MLB 41 Ford, Jaylan JR 43 Bush, Jett SR            
CB 5 Jamison, D'Shawn SR 8 Brooks, Terrance FR 4 Jordan, Austin FR        
FS 11 Cook, Anthony SR 21 Crawford, Kitan JR 27 Coffey III, JD SO        
BS 28 Thompson, Jerrin JR 36 Taaffe, Michael RS FR            
CB 6 Watts, Ryan JR/TR 31 Johnson, Jamier SO            
SPUR 23 Barron, Jahdae JR 37 Blackwell Jr., Morice SO

34 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

If Texas had lost always-close, hard fought death struggles instead of beating someone’s ass but not finishing, you’d be more satisfied?

Losing big leads sucks. I’d rather be in position of trying to hold a big lead than not being able to get a big lead. The losses still suck.

No change if we didn't have an agreement in place with Urban.

I'm of the mind that even a colossal douche like Herman can recruit to UT with NIL money in pocket. It really shouldn't be hard. I'm actually surprised Sark is able to sell his offense to recruits as well as he does.

So far, he's only proven it works with a talent advantage.

No change if we didn't have an agreement in place with Urban.
I'm of the mind that even a colossal douche like Herman can recruit to UT with NIL money in pocket. It really shouldn't be hard. I'm actually surprised Sark is able to sell his offense to recruits as well as he does.
So far, he's only proven it works with a talent advantage.

You don’t see Meyer as a massive bullet dodged? I definitely do.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

You don’t see Meyer as a massive bullet dodged? I definitely do.

Not in the college ranks, I don't, but I understand why many do.

I just think Sark's a pussy. He needs a top tier DC and should probably hire an OC, too, so he can focus more on game and clock management. Rather than squatting on the sideline, looking over his play sheets.

• Hook 'Em 1

I just think Sark's a pussy. He needs a top tier DC and should probably hire an OC, too, so he can focus more on game and clock management. Rather than squatting on the sideline, looking over his play sheets.

I don’t think Meyer’s sociopathic hardass approach would fly any better in a portal world than it did in the NFL. I suspect we’ll never know.

I’m fine with Sarkisian as OC/play caller but it does risk tunnel vision.

I don’t think Kwiatkowski got stupid on the flight to Austin, but I where that a lot of people here aren’t big fans.

9 hours ago, Loop 1604 said:

Holy shit is this some awful wish casting. Herman never assembles this roster in his wettest of wet dreams. Since recruiting is a major component of the job, you can't just say give Herman the fruits of Sarkisian's labor.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Clock management has been the best under Sarkisian than any coach going back 20 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This was the problem with searching for a coach when Texas was after whiffing on Meyer. Past the point of no return with Herman, but bad timing to be looking for a replacement. No real stand out prospects on the market.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Holy shit is this some awful wish casting. Herman never assembles this roster in his wettest of wet dreams. Since recruiting is a major component of the job, you can't just say give Herman the fruits of Sarkisian's labor.

It's almost like NIL makes recruiting...way easier? Stop telling everyone Sark is what got Quinn here and Sark is what got X to stay and Sark is what got the OL and Sark is what got XXX - just stop with the fucking nonsense. Texas recruits itself quite well - in the past that was city, life after football etc etc, now it's all that plus you (have the opportunity to) get paid fat fucking stacks, it needs a bit of TLC from the coaches on the targets that feel like they need attention, but stop acting like there is some super difficult equation in these 17 year olds brains on where they are going to go to play football, which gives them a less than 3% chance of going pro.  

A bunch of you in this thread simply can't for whatever reason wrap your mind around turning almost an entire starting 22 over in a single season through the transfer portal and high level early enrollee talent. It's wild to me. It's been done right in front of your faces with people who are at significantly less high profile schools with significantly less money available from the people who really love those schools ready to go. 

BTW the majority of the offensive production, save Xavier is actually *checks notes* TOM HERMANS FUCKING TALENT. Tom had the OG commit from Quinn and he's always been a homer, you can't convince me that he saw something special brewing at 5-7 with the last game of the season being a former QB who played wildcat and put the team on his back to beat a bad kstate and he was like, fuck yeah that's the coach I wanna play for. You fucking idiots I swear

• Hook 'Em 3

I mean, Herman brought in Bijan, RoJo, Whittington, Sanders, and nearly every contributor on defense. Ewers, Banks, and more simply fell into Sark’s lap; and Ewers has not been meaningfully better than Card, to be honest. For the record, I 100% agree that you can’t play the “Herman would win more with this team!” game because, while he probably would, it’s true he wouldn’t have this team, Worthy and Banks in particular. But calling it the fruit of Sark’s labor is a stretch.

Now, the positive here is the 2022 class is also looking strong and that can be fully attributed to Sark and staff (caveat obviously being NIL).
  • Hook 'Em 1

The biggest problem this year is Sark’s stubborn reliance on calling downfield passes to a QB/WR combo that is not on the same page. We know what kind of passes have consistently (or at least semi-reliably) worked this season.  The RB passing game, WR screen/swing passes, RPO slants and anything in Sanders’ zip code have typically been a positive for us. Consistently missing on low percentage downfield throws on 1st/2nd and 10 have put too many drives behind the chains, neutering the threat of a run in later downs. 

Ewers’ confidence has been non-existent since OU, exacerbated by meathead playcalling. Call the plays that work, you stupid fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 4

The reason I'm so pissed off in this thread is because I really WANT Sark to be the dude. I honestly do. I have stated several times, if he could just get into Head Coach mode instead of Run the offense mode during the game he would likely make that jump. It seems like even after watching film he's in fucking denial and actually thinks he's right and the players are just fucking up and not executing so he's not going to change, he's going to try to "work on it in practice". What he doesn't get is that winning the game is more important than calling the right fucking play - this is the problem with sark. 

He would rather be right with his playcalling than win the game.

Head Coaches at an elite level do not do this.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

A bunch of you in this thread simply can't for whatever reason wrap your mind around turning almost an entire starting 22 over in a single season through the transfer portal and high level early enrollee talent. It's wild to me. It's been done right in front of your faces with people who are at significantly less high profile schools with significantly less money available from the people who really love those schools ready to go.
Sarkisian turned over the roster, just not in the way you wanted.

Maybe building a roster and trying to plug some gaps with the portal is his preferred method, rather than churning free agents constantly.

That something is possible, presuming it was, and better in the short term, presuming it would be, doesn’t mean it’s the only way to approach the problem of putting experienced depth on the field.

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

Sarkisian turned over the roster, just not in the way you wanted.

Maybe building a roster and trying to plug some gaps with the portal is his preferred method, rather than churning free agents constantly.

That something is possible, presuming it was, and better in the short term, presuming it would be, doesn’t mean it’s the only way to approach the problem of putting experienced depth on the field.

Yeah dude - and this team is top 5 talent wise in the entire country. I've also been on record saying that. This team is incredibly talented. Where have I said anything about _this team_ not being turned over? I was bitching about people being like "a coach needs 4 years to get his people" that's stupid and it's not even true here. 

• Hook 'Em 1