This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

12 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

To me, this entire argument comes down to two main things: how “talented” is the roster in reality, and how much of QE’s seeming lack of progression is squarely in Sark?

On the talent issue - I think of “talent”, as an overall measurable of an 80+ man roster, as a little more nuanced than the count of 3/4/5-star ratings from high school. (Yeah I know those rating mean something at a population level.) But I would posit that “talent” at some positions is more critical than others, and that experience is a great equalizer. We start 2 freshmen on the OL. They are very talented. Are they better players right now than 4th or 5th year guys who had lower ratings 4 or 5 years ago?

Even though it is a lagging indicator, couldn’t we say that players drafted is a pretty good proxy for the intersection of experience + talent? Texas had zero players drafted last year.

The second issue, to me, is the most worrisome. The whole value proposition of Sark was supposed to be that we’d get excellent QB play, which makes all the difference in college FB. And QE’s “talent” is obvious; as he plays more, I think it is fair to expect him to generally improve - not necessarily on a linear trajectory, because that’s not how real life typically works, but overall. Strangely, he seems to be getting worse. Is that all on Sark? I have no idea why QE appears to be regressing, and while I don’t think it is 100% coaching, it is a damning data point for Sark. It was easy to excuse last year and say “well, CT and HC just aren’t good QBs, but now it’s getting more difficult to make that argument. Some of QE’s struggles are surely on QE, but it is Sark’s job to correct them and that isn’t happening.

Here’s what I like about Sark: I generally like the coaching staff he hired. You can see development at both lines, the defense overall is better (I don’t give a shit if you want to credit PK or GP, all I care about is the result), the RB and WR coaches were terrific hires, etc. Strong didn’t do that, Herman didn’t do that. And in 2 years Sark has addressed the talent on the lines, which has been a huge issue. And I generally like his offense, though I’m not sure what is going on with QB play, because that is limiting it right now.

I don’t think Sark is a great head coach. I do think he does enough stuff well to be a good head coach. I thought 8-4 was about right for this year (I don’t see the massive talent advantage that others do) and freshmen are gonna do freshmen things. Sark has fucked up some stuff this year, no doubt. Again, I don’t think he’s a great head coach, but I’m not convinced that he’s not a good one.

I am exactly where you are on this.  Not sold on Sark (at the end of the day he is probably a mediocre coach at best but we will see) but so far in general I think he is building the program back up.  As to Ewers, I think part of his regression is the O line struggling and his weapons not getting separation always.  I don't care how good a QB is if the O line struggles then the QB and offense struggle.  I'm a Patriots fan also and I can tell you the years or games where the O Line for the Pats struggled is when Brady looked like complete dog shit and the calls of Brady is old and declining started.  Once the O line was able to run and pass block better then suddenly Brady looked great again.  I am not comparing Ewers to Brady.  Just saying that the O Line is the key to an offense being great.  Without that it doesn't matter who plays QB or RB or WR/TE.  It all starts in the trenches.  Same goes for the defensive side of the ball.  

Edited by Beantown Express 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

There’s a view Richt refused to cheat at Georgia. No idea whether that’s true or not. 

There was the same said of Cooper.

There are levels to this, right. Neither Ohio St nor Georgia were "clean" under Cooper and Richt, respectively.

Tressel and Kirby took it to 11.

Old adage: Hire slowly and fire fast. If Sark ain’t the guy (my personal preference would be to hire Jeff Traylor bc he fits most of the criteria for a long term successful HC: winning overall record as a head coach, strong ties to Texas recruiting/high school coaches, familiarity with Texas as a program, experience building a team…) but would love for the AD to be able to call the shots and at least have an interview process. Call in a few candidates with similar type qualities and grill their asses and hire the one with the best answers. Don’t hire someone reluctant to use the portal, fill gaps with JUCO or who thinks rebuilding is a 5-7 year process with rollercoaster like up and down progress throughout. Should have benchmarks for years 1-3 and hit them. Patterson handpicked Strong. Houston BMDs picked Herman. Eltife pretty much picked Sark. Let’s interview some damn guys next time and have a real search. 

A word on extensions: Bonuses for hitting agreed upon goals and benchmarks. If all of those have been achieved in years one thru three then you can talk about extensions. Otherwise no. Recruits should be able to tell from the bonuses if the HC is gonna make it. Big12 championships and shit like that. Benchmarks. 

I’m a hardass I guess. Over a decade of futility and hiring fast and firing fast has done that to me. I don’t want to keep doing this shit so like most I hope Sark can hire a real OC because losing 3-7 WTF games a year is a real possibility if he keeps doing the bulk of play calling duties. That’s my opinion as always.

“If “hire slow, fire fast” sounds harsh or mercurial, consider how harsh it is to allow a whole team to be held hostage by someone who should not have been hired in the first place. And while we’re on the subject, lacking courage is not the same as having compassion.“

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 4

Just now, quigley said:

There was the same said of Cooper.

There are levels to this, right. Neither Ohio St nor Georgia were "clean" under Cooper and Richt, respectively.

Tressel and Kirby took it to 11.

Did tressel?  I’m actually not sure.  Maybe he did. I know google is my friend.  

back to sark, yea 8-4 is tolerable I guess

5 hours ago, Thatguy said:

It's not about how their team looks its about how they are taking away recruits from us. 

I don't know where you are in the state, probably DFW, but you need to check the temperature.

Dude. Dude.

Like, you go all "WTF is rimbo talking about" and then with that very post and then this one, you demonstrate exactly what I'm talking about:

1. "I just come here every so often, everyone here is wah wah wah" = you whine and pick up your ball and go home

2. "check the temperature of the recruits" = a chicken little take that has no basis in current reality 

yeah maybe that was true a couple of years ago, but guess what? Check the temperature NOW...

• Hook 'Em 1

Even though it is a lagging indicator, couldn’t we say that players drafted is a pretty good proxy for the intersection of experience + talent? Texas had zero players drafted last year.

It is one, but there are several considerations here too. Texas may have had no players drafted, but two made rosters. They weren’t given them so that’s important than whether they were drafted. There weren’t many others that were options as the talented guys came back. The Oline guys were borderline talents to begin with but 3 systems and line coaches did them no favors. One of the NFL combine “talent” metrics is the bench press. Kerstetter and Okafor both repped 1 less than top lifter at the combine. Schoolers numbers had him amongst the upper echelon in talent at safety. Thompson was 10th or 11th in 40 time at the combine at CB. So there absolutely is an argument that the talent underachieved which resulted in not getting drafted.

21 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

Having seen this Texas team and the pile of steaming mediocrity that is the Big12, there is no reason this team should have 3 conference losses, especially not to TTU and OSU. 

I didn’t see the Tech game, but bad, bad QB play is a huge reason for the other two losses. Again, some of that is on Sark, some is on QE. I don’t know how to quantify that ratio. But a reason for “expecting” something like 8-4 in the preseason was “freshman QB won’t always be awesome.” 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Some of QE’s struggles are surely on QE, but it is Sark’s job to correct them and that isn’t happening.

I got the impression from day one that QE has a vicious lazy streak. And a person who doesn't want to put in the effort isn't going to improve, no matter who the teacher is.

Things came easily for him in high school and he hasn't yet adapted his mindset to what he needs to do to improve at this level.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 2

To pile on the OL comments.

It seems crystal clear that Sarkisian/Flood wanted to build and develop the OL their way: try to make chicken salad out of what they had and grow through recruiting.  

Looking at the 2-deep, Texas has 2 FR, 2 SO, and a RS Senior as starters.  The 2nd team has 4 FR and a RS So.  The FR will make mistakes.  Where it has experience, this OL is bereft of ability.

Baylor's OL looked pretty good yesterday against TCU.  By comparison, Baylor has RS So, JR, SR, and 2 grad transfers as starters.  The 2nd team has 2 FR, RS Sr, Jr, and a grad transfer.  Those grad transfers are 5th year seniors.

I think this OL will be dangerous in 1-2 years.  The unwillingness to bring in OL mercenaries though the portal may have cost us a couple of games over the past couple of years, but I think the build strategy (vs. "buy") is sound.

Edited by boilerhorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, boilerhorn said:

The unwillingness to bring in OL mercenaries though the portal may have cost us a couple of games over the past couple of years,

I don't think there was an unwillingness there. It's hard to get OL to transfer, especially when you can't show a recent history of OL draft picks.

• Hook 'Em 3

I don't think there was an unwillingness there. It's hard to get OL to transfer, especially when you can't show a recent history of OL draft picks.

And just ignore the fact that KState handed it to Baylor the week before.

There had to be discussions related to development with the incoming freshmen. A stream of transfers likely is not encouragement to them. Banks was always go to be the guy this year. Angilau was going to be a guy. Dudes ain’t transferring to backup and when Junior went down everyone was locked in.
  • Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I got the impression from day one that QE has a vicious lazy streak. And a person who doesn't want to put in the effort isn't going to improve, no matter who the teacher is.

Things came easily for him in high school and he hasn't yet adapted his mindset to what he needs to do to improve at this level.

I'm not sure I'd call it flat out "lazy" with those personal connotations, but I do think you have a valid point and his competitiveness may need to ratchet up.

I predicted 8-4 for our record this year and I thought that would show progress. Starting a freshman QB who was going to have a dumb game along the way and I was skeptical we could win on the road at oSu and Kansas State. Plus, Alabama was always chalked up as a loss. I do think we've progressed in that our defense has definitely improved. The sad thing is we saw the potential of what this team could be against Alabama and OU. Then we saw the deficiencies that still remain against oSu, Iowa State, and TCU. I'm still not satisfied with this season and I'm definitely worried about next season when you take away our generational running back and our power running back who relieves him. But I take warmth in the knowledge that it doesn't matter what I think or want. Sark is getting another year at least and we can either sink or swim with him. This was the deal we signed up for when Mack got pushed out. This was the risk we were looking at. Just have to hope either Sark figures it out or we hit on the next hire. Data points to he's not the guy and we'll be making a change late next year. Maybe next time we let a full search happen and not go with someone's pet cat. But this is Texas so we know how that will go. 

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I predicted 8-4 for our record this year and I thought that would show progress. Starting a freshman QB who was going to have a dumb game along the way and I was skeptical we could win on the road at oSu and Kansas State. Plus, Alabama was always chalked up as a loss. I do think we've progressed in that our defense has definitely improved. The sad thing is we saw the potential of what this team could be against Alabama and OU. Then we saw the deficiencies that still remain against oSu, Iowa State, and TCU. I'm still not satisfied with this season and I'm definitely worried about next season when you take away our generational running back and our power running back who relieves him. But I take warmth in the knowledge that it doesn't matter what I think or want. Sark is getting another year at least and we can either sink or swim with him. This was the deal we signed up for when Mack got pushed out. This was the risk we were looking at. Just have to hope either Sark figures it out or we hit on the next hire. Data points to he's not the guy and we'll be making a change late next year. Maybe next time we let a full search happen and not go with someone's pet cat. But this is Texas so we know how that will go. 

We could also take solace in the fact that we were very "in" every game we lost.  Not a single dookystomp or even close.  But, being Texas fans, we're all "should have won all of them."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

Still a huge range of outcomes for this season; we have a chance to finish 10-4, 9-4, 9-5, 8-5, 8-6, or 7-6.  At the time of Sark’s hire most people would have started beating off if you’d told them we’d be 10-4 with a conference championship and a top 5 recruiting class in year 2 (while having a 49-0 win over OU and being 4 plays away from an undefeated season).  Just the same, most people would have rioted if you’d told them Sark would be .500 after 2 years.

Considering how recruiting is going, 8-9 wins puts Sark on a fine trajectory with next season and the following being the real proving ground.  7-6 would be bad, and should put Sark on the hot seat.  10 wins is extension territory.

Contract extension at 10-4........whoop!

What are we thinking here......10 years $220 million? Thats good bull, sir. Good bull, indeed. 

Aggie GIFs | Tenor

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

We could also take solace in the fact that we were very "in" every game we lost.  Not a single dookystomp or even close.  But, being Texas fans, we're all "should have won all of them."

Right. You could do the same with ISU which would've made this place being even more of a beating. There was improvement. It's just shitty that you have to watch TCU catch lightning in a bottle and have every break go their way with a first year head coach. We never seem to get that luck on a hire. And that's what it is, luck. There are no sure things except Saban and Urban. This board would have shit its pants if Dykes was the hire. What? The SMU guy? The guy who sucked at Cal? It's all a crapshoot. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Contract extension at 10-4........whoop!

What are we thinking here......10 years $220 million? Thats good bull, sir. Good bull, indeed. 

Aggie GIFs | Tenor

If we win the fucking conference and the subsequent bowl game against a highly ranked opponent, we will finish with 4 straight wins against bowl teams and ranked in the top 8 with a likely top 3 recruiting class. And this board will be slobbering so much over Sarks knob they’ll drown.  I’m not saying an extension is the right move or any kind of guarantee, but that kind of season easily exceeds expectations, which in todays college football coaching world usually means there’s at least discussion of raises/extensions.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Right. You could do the same with ISU which would've made this place being even more of a beating. There was improvement. It's just shitty that you have to watch TCU catch lightning in a bottle and have every break go their way with a first year head coach. We never seem to get that luck on a hire. And that's what it is, luck. There are no sure things except Saban and Urban. This board would have shit its pants if Dykes was the hire. What? The SMU guy? The guy who sucked at Cal? It's all a crapshoot. 

I disagree that it’s all a crapshoot necessarily. We should have been more ambitious with this hire but maybe that wasn’t an option.

I agree about Dykes. No way do I want that guy. Just as average as Sark

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

I’ll be curious to see if someone seriously challenging him for the starting job fires up a competitive streak or if he starts looking for an easier path. 

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

USC is looking like an 11 win team, and Tennessee being awesome until getting cock blocked last night add to the frustration. 

It’s a different era. Rosters can effectively be flipped in two years, and free agency is a thing now. Sark needs to dominate the offseason and have this thing take off like a rocket next year.  Limp dicking through one score wins and losses to just above .500 ball isn’t going to cut it.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I disagree that it’s all a crapshoot necessarily. We should have been more ambitious with this hire but maybe that wasn’t an option.

Feels like it is a crapshoot that comes down to timing. There were people on this board crapping on the idea of Brian Kelly at the time we got rid of Herman. I thought he would've been just the right type of culture change and person who could build up a high profile program that we needed. Sadly, he wasn't ready to make a move at that time. Then our BOR got enamoured with all things SEC and you couldn't shake them off the Bama train. We need a Bama guy to take us into the SEC and we can't get Saban so....

I do hope the next time we take our time and don't get a hard-on for a particular person from the jump. 

• Hook 'Em 4

On 11/19/2022 at 10:11 AM, bschoolprof said:

Knowing this team, we'll probably boat race Kansas today.  And then shit the bed next week.  

If we only had to play every other game starting week 1 we would be undefeated, but a pattern has emerged that says there’s a good chance we lose Friday.  

In 9 seasons his longest winning streak in a season has been 4 games 3 times, his longest losing streak is 6 games.

His career:  LWWLLWLLLLWW  LWLWLWLLLWWWW  WWLWWWLWLLLWL  WLWWLLLWWWWLL  WWWWLLLWWLWWW  WWLWLWWLWWLWW  WWLWL  WLWWWLLLLLLW  WLWLWWWLWLW?

58-46 overall, 39-35 in conference play,  43-44 against P5 opponents.  Currently 30 of the 65 P5 teams have losing records against P5 opponents.  With his overall record 7WS is a below average coach.   

He’s made it to mid season with only 1 loss once, his best start is a 4 game win streak the last year at UW.   He’s only won his first 3 conference games once (this year aside), and by game 4 his teams are squarely on the outside looking for help to win a conference title.   Progress I guess?

More than a few people were underwhelmed by the hire, most people now know who 7WS is, but there’s always a few who like fucking the “needs more time” chicken.   

Edited by Treefidy
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Head coach timing has been less than optimal for Texas.

Strong was about the best hire on the board. Franklin was douche, Muschamp was proving himself a fraud, Saban was a long shot and other qualified coaches were either locked up or unproven coordinators.

Herman was pretty much the only guy we looked at, and at the time seemed like a solid hire. His 2nd year, things sure looked like they were on the up swing.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The ISU and KSU fumbles. I get it. Credit good defense, etc. We made it happen. But if they don’t fumble, we lose both games. Both offenses were driving easily on those drives. 

And the 4 games we lost by 1 possession...we had no chance?

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The ISU and KSU fumbles. I get it. Credit good defense, etc. We made it happen. But if they don’t fumble, we lose both games. Both offenses were driving easily on those drives. 

And if recover just one of the 3 fumbles forced against Tech, we win that game. If we make a 20 yard field goal or suffer an injury to a QB who was on fire, we beat Bama.

It works both ways. 

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

And if recover just one of the 3 fumbles forced against Tech, we win that game. If we make a 20 yard field goal or suffer an injury to a QB who was on fire, we beat Bama.

It works both ways. 

That was my point to begin with 

A poster was saying we were so close to 10 wins or whatever. We were just as close to 5 wins. 

• Hook 'Em 2

TCU kept pounding their head against the wall and got a breakthrough. That’s how it works in the running game sometimes. Defenses get tired and things happen. 12 touches is unacceptable and Sark clearly new that based on the obvious commitment early to the run

They didn’t get a breakthrough. The damn refs gave them two holding calls in a row that gave a first down and 75 yd run for a td. The defense knew they got fucked and the offense couldn’t dig out of that.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

And his head coaching career is more impressive than who we actually hired.

🤦🏽‍♂️

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Treefidy said:

If we only had to play every other game starting week 1 we would be undefeated, but a pattern has emerged that says there’s a good chance we lose Friday.  

In 9 seasons his longest winning streak in a season has been 4 games 3 times, his longest losing streak is 6 games.

His career:  LWWLLWLLLLWW  LWLWLWLLLWWWW  WWLWWWLWLLLWL  WLWWLLLWWWWLL  WWWWLLLWWLWWW  WWLWLWWLWWLWW  WWLWL  WLWWWLLLLLLW  WLWLWWWLWLW?

58-46 overall, 39-35 in conference play,  43-44 against P5 opponents.  Currently 30 of the 65 P5 teams have losing records against P5 opponents.  With his overall record 7WS is a below average coach.   

He’s made it to mid season with only 1 loss once, his best start is a 4 game win streak the last year at UW.   He’s only won his first 3 conference games once (this year aside), and by game 4 his teams are squarely on the outside looking for help to win a conference title.   Progress I guess?

More than a few people were underwhelmed by the hire, most people now know who 7WS is, but there’s always a few who like fucking the “needs more time” chicken.   

There’s a dude right now who is ballllllllls deep in that chicken.

4 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

And his head coaching career is more impressive than who we actually hired.

🤦🏽‍♂️

Sure but we had just been through two mid-major hires who had decent pedigrees and won championships as coordinators. Going to the mid-major well again would've made this board go apeshit. And being able to coach at Texas will all our distractions, all of the bullshit, the kneejerking of if we're back, that's not the same as being coach at TCU. It all came together for Sonny and that's a huge credit to him. That doesn't mean it would've happened for him here. And we'll never know. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Sark's game plans are built on being able to out athlete the other team like he did at Bama. While I am still not 100% sold on his tenure there has been progression on defense and the offensive line while trending up in the QB room and hopefully the WR room through the portal and 23 class. With whos coming in and how the schedule sets up next year 10-2 should be the standard and anything less than that is cause for dismissal imo (barring any major screw jobs or injuries)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snake Diggity said:

If we win the fucking conference and the subsequent bowl game against a highly ranked opponent, we will finish with 4 straight wins against bowl teams and ranked in the top 8 with a likely top 3 recruiting class. And this board will be slobbering so much over Sarks knob they’ll drown.  I’m not saying an extension is the right move or any kind of guarantee, but that kind of season easily exceeds expectations, which in todays college football coaching world usually means there’s at least discussion of raises/extensions.

Context is important. We just fired a guy with a. 640 winning % over 4 seasons.  IF Sark can win 3 straight and finish 10-4, he'll be sitting at. 577. Anyone in favor of giving Sark an extension after this year likely drives a maroon F-250 and says howdy to the dude in his favorite glory hole.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Sark's game plans are built on being able to out athlete the other team like he did at Bama. While I am still not 100% sold on his tenure there has been progression on defense and the offensive line while trending up in the QB room and hopefully the WR room through the portal and 23 class. With whos coming in and how the schedule sets up next year 10-2 should be the standard and anything less than that is cause for dismissal imo (barring any major screw jobs or injuries)

There’s plenty of deception built into Sark’s offense, but the QB has to see the game well. And we don’t exactly let QE audible at the line or have a lot of hots to relieve pressure. This is the Sark offense in second gear. That doesn’t relive him of some his dipshittery and bullheadedness. 

27 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I think the playbook is out on how to stop the Texas offense. If Baylor has the horses to stop the run, I have zero faith QE can win with his arm.

Show a light box and crash down hard is Sark’s cryptonite. We have answers on the offense, but for some strange reason rarely get to them. 

It certainly seems like there’s a generally a lot of motion and deception rather than “we’re just going line up and beat your ass Earl Campbell-style.”

It’s entirely possible I’m just not see it. What are you seeing that gives you this impression?

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I do hope the next time we take our time and don't get a hard-on for a particular person from the jump. 

But that's who we are, more or less. Remember that when Sark was hired, Urban was the Shiny Thing we all wanted. That now looks like a dodged bullet, after what happened with the Jags. We certainly didn't have any luck with his proteges; why would the man himself so any better, anyway?

Not to mention the way the game has changed, with players now empowered to tell all abusive dickhead to fuck off with the portal and NIL money, it looks like Urban's motivational strategy will flop just as badly in the modern CFB as it did in the NFL. Past performance is not a predictor of future results.

1 hour ago, Treefidy said:

I'm neither on board with the hire nor against it. What I do know is that you have to take career and personal growth, and changes in environment, seriously. Sark's past record can't be discounted, but it's not as informative as you're making it here, either. Between the alcoholism, changing how he hires, and learning new ways to run a program from the NFL and Saban, he's clearly someone who tries to improve. He self-scouts, if you will. Doesn't mean he'll improve, but saying "he is who he is" is a moronic take, too.

Mack and Herman never changed because their egos wouldn't allow them to. Strong didn't have the ego, but clearly has a long growth curve ahead of him. (He ain't so that smart.) Sark doesn't have a lack of brains nor an egotistical unwillingness to improve. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Sure but we had just been through two mid-major hires who had decent pedigrees and won championships as coordinators. Going to the mid-major well again would've made this board go apeshit. And being able to coach at Texas will all our distractions, all of the bullshit, the kneejerking of if we're back, that's not the same as being coach at TCU. It all came together for Sonny and that's a huge credit to him. That doesn't mean it would've happened for him here. And we'll never know. 

Oh, I’m not disagreeing with you. 

7 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Were people hoping we would lose to Kansas so we could fire Sark? Still upset over TCU? I’m trying to understand the meltdown, this board is miserable beating. 

I think some believed that if we lost to Kansas that Sark would be fired. I'm sure some are still bitter about TCU and a win did nothing to change their minds. Hell, I'm bitter about TCU but I enjoyed the win. I'm at a state with Texas football that wins are fairly precious now. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I think some believed that if we lost to Kansas that Sark would be fired. I'm sure some are still bitter about TCU and a win did nothing to change their minds. Hell, I'm bitter about TCU but I enjoyed the win. I'm at a state with Texas football that wins are fairly precious now. 

I know it’s just Kansas, but we kicked the fuck out of em.

Extremely satisfying win, even if it’s just Kansas.

• Hook 'Em 1