This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

4 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Dude. Dude.

Like, you go all "WTF is rimbo talking about" and then with that very post and then this one, you demonstrate exactly what I'm talking about:

1. "I just come here every so often, everyone here is wah wah wah" = you whine and pick up your ball and go home

2. "check the temperature of the recruits" = a chicken little take that has no basis in current reality 

yeah maybe that was true a couple of years ago, but guess what? Check the temperature NOW...

Lol. I take time off because I am a busy father. 

Let's check the aggy temperature NOW. We need some interior D-linemen to replace Sweat and Coburn. Aggy landed two 5 stars in that position last year. We could use an explosive receiver that isn't afraid to fight for a ball. Have you seen Evan Stewart play? In fact, aggy landed 8 5-stars last year. Players we could've had. Lucky for us their QB situation is what it is, but make no mistake, they are hurting us in recruiting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

TLDR: Texas coaching history suggests Sarkisian is not the guy. Why? Since 1957, the five Texas coaches with 10 losses by Year 2 were soon fired for failing to win enough or turnaround the Horns. No need for comparisons to Lincoln Riley, Sonny Freaking Dykes, or anyone else. Texas itself provides the data. 

Apologies for the long post, but I am sure some will want to see the data backing up my observation. I added a few lines for flavor and context.

TRIGGER WARNING: Some bad memories mixed with epic title wins.

Analyzing the Timing of the Coaches' 10th and 20th Losses. 
— Of the eight coaches hired since 1957, their success can be clearly predicted by looking at when each coach had their 10th and 20th losses. If the 10th loss happened in Year 2, the coach was fired within 1-4 years. If the 20th loss came before or during Year 5, the coach was fired within one year. McWilliams and Strong’s 20th losses both came in two of the most infamous defeats in Texas history. All data from TexasSports.com

10th Loss
— Royal and Akers: 10th loss in Year 4.
— Brown: 10th loss in Season 3, next to last game.
— McWilliams, Mackovic, Strong, Herman, and Sarkisian all had their 10th loss in Year 2. 

20th Loss: Year 8 or 9
— Brown, Year 9. Record to that point 84-20. National title in 2005 in that game we all cherish.
— Royal, Year 8. Record 75-20-3. National title in 1963 with major beatdown of Navy. Just missed by a single score on two other undefeated seasons and possible national titles, 1961 and 1964.
— Akers, Year 8. Record 75-20. Missed on two titles after undefeated regular seasons ending ranked #1. Damn that fumbled punt. Yes, Akers and Royal both had 75 wins when they hit 20 losses.

20th Loss: Year 3, 4, or 5
— Mackovic, Year 5, Record to that point 32-20-1. Beats Corn for “Roll Left” Big 12 title. Fired the next year for going 4-7, including Rout 66. Going 4-7 with Ricky Williams! 
— McWilliams, Year 4. Record 26-20. The 20th loss was the 46-3 Miami beatdown in the Cotton Bowl. Fired or resigned the next year after going 5-6.
— Strong, Year 3, Record 16-20. The 20th loss was the infamous Kansas game, fired one game later.
— Herman fired at 32-18. (No doubt the 20th loss would have come in Year 5, likely at the State Fair in overtime or with walk off game-winning TD.) 

Comparing 20th Loss Records
— Mack, 84-20, Royal and Akers, 75-20
— Mackovic, 36-20, McWilliams 26-20, and Strong, 16-20.
— The data is unmistakable by the 20th loss. Brown, Royal, and Akers had 40-50-60 more wins. 

Turnarounds
— Year 1: Royal, Brown, and Akers (see caveat* below)
— No turnaround: McWilliams, Mackovic, Strong, and Herman. 
— Of course, Royal famously did a turnaround on himself after three straight 6-4 seasons. Installed the Wishbone, won 30 straight games, and won two more national titles (and revolutionized college football offenses for 10-15 years).
— Keys to the Akers and Brown turnarounds were installing offenses that featured Earl Campbell and Ricky Williams, enabling them to win Heismans and signal the Texas turnaround. Sark's offense did not feature Bijan and a Heisman chance was lost. 
— *One might say Akers did less of a turnaround than just keeping the Royal machine going (5-5-1 in Royal’s final year, but 10-2 in year prior), until Akers's winning collapsed and he was fired after Year 10. 

Beware the Illusory Turnarounds or "Texas is Back" seasons
— The 10-2 “turnaround” season in Year 4. Mackovic in 1995 and McWilliams' “Shock the Nation” in 1990 (went 5-6 the next season and was fired).
— The Big 12 championship with so-so record. Mackovic 8-4 in 1996 and was fired after the next year.
— The big bowl victory: Herman winning Sugar Bowl, with Bevo nearly goring Uga and Sam declaring “We’re Back.” Herman fired two years later.

Have at it everyone. I am sure someone is eager to shred this somehow or just disregard it. Or launch some ad hominems. 

About the author: Two grad degrees from UT-Austin. Dad also a grad from UT. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Those are strong comparisons. Did any of them quickly have to turn over 40% of the roster to replace incompetents and malcontents and have to start two freshmen on OL in season 2?

The first two years haven’t gone as swimmingly as most had hoped, but this team would throttle the team that Sarkisian took over. There’s plenty of room for improvement in all phases, but I wouldn’t start lowering the lifeboats just yet.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Let's check the aggy temperature NOW. We need some interior D-linemen to replace Sweat and Coburn. Aggy landed two 5 stars in that position last year. We could use an explosive receiver that isn't afraid to fight for a ball. Have you seen Evan Stewart play? In fact, aggy landed 8 5-stars last year. Players we could've had. Lucky for us their QB situation is what it is, but make no mistake, they are hurting us in recruiting. 

And how many of those guys will still be at A&M next year?

And what does their 2023 recruiting class look like?

That's not NOW, that you're talking about. That's last year. A year bought and paid for with bagmen... bagmen who, under NIL, suddenly find themselves obsolete.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Levi said:

The dreaded PK vs GP debate we’ve all been waiting to have since the spring. I’m just glad the defense is playing better, no matter who deserves the credit. 

Yeah, it seems like PK & GP are working well together, have settled into their roles and have the defense is playing more consistently good.  Here's a thought: maybe they both deserve the credit.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I think the playbook is out on how to stop the Texas offense. If Baylor has the horses to stop the run, I have zero faith QE can win with his arm.

That's where I am at, I have much less confidence in Ewers as a QB than Sark as a coach at this point.  If Ewers has to participate meaningfully for us to win, I don't like our odds against anyone.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

And if recover just one of the 3 fumbles forced against Tech, we win that game. If we make a 20 yard field goal or suffer an injury to a QB who was on fire, we beat Bama.

It works both ways. 

I mean, we're a team that has a lot of skill position talent, and a lot of holes, and a lot of youth.  It's not surprising that we've been in a bunch of close games decided more or less by one or two key plays.  And yes, we've gotten lucky at times and unlucky at times.  All of this is stuff that you have to live with when you're not yet good enough to just show up and maul people.

What you don't have to live with is losing multiple 14-point leads because of retarded play calling.

I don't care about the luck, good or bad, or even the stupid penalties and other mistakes.  What I do care about is that this team should be at least 9-2 right now in spite of everything.  And they're not.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

It certainly seems like there’s a generally a lot of motion and deception rather than “we’re just going line up and beat your ass Earl Campbell-style.”

It’s entirely possible I’m just not see it. What are you seeing that gives you this impression?

4 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

There’s plenty of deception built into Sark’s offense, but the QB has to see the game well. And we don’t exactly let QE audible at the line or have a lot of hots to relieve pressure. This is the Sark offense in second gear. That doesn’t relive him of some his dipshittery and bullheadedness.  

Deception is a big part of it but only having 1 game breaker at receiver slows down the offense when X is taken out. Building 3 or 4 deep in the WR room like he did at Bama makes it unstoppable. Secondly who on his team is a jump ball catcher that can make a play when it's absolutely necessary? We needed that in all 4 losses when the offense stalled to help QE but nobody was there to step up. He's had some drops at a&m this year but Stewart's grab against Ole Miss would have been the best catch by a mile for us. As great as X is he's just not that guy unless it's in his chest. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, BevoAbyss said:

TLDR: Texas coaching history suggests Sarkisian is not the guy. Why? Since 1957, the five Texas coaches with 10 losses by Year 2 were soon fired for failing to win enough or turnaround the Horns. No need for comparisons to Lincoln Riley, Sonny Freaking Dykes, or anyone else. Texas itself provides the data. 

Apologies for the long post, but I am sure some will want to see the data backing up my observation. I added a few lines for flavor and context.

TRIGGER WARNING: Some bad memories mixed with epic title wins.

Analyzing the Timing of the Coaches' 10th and 20th Losses. 
— Of the eight coaches hired since 1957, their success can be clearly predicted by looking at when each coach had their 10th and 20th losses. If the 10th loss happened in Year 2, the coach was fired within 1-4 years. If the 20th loss came before or during Year 5, the coach was fired within one year. McWilliams and Strong’s 20th losses both came in two of the most infamous defeats in Texas history. All data from TexasSports.com

10th Loss
— Royal and Akers: 10th loss in Year 4.
— Brown: 10th loss in Season 3, next to last game.
— McWilliams, Mackovic, Strong, Herman, and Sarkisian all had their 10th loss in Year 2. 

20th Loss: Year 8 or 9
— Brown, Year 9. Record to that point 84-20. National title in 2005 in that game we all cherish.
— Royal, Year 8. Record 75-20-3. National title in 1963 with major beatdown of Navy. Just missed by a single score on two other undefeated seasons and possible national titles, 1961 and 1964.
— Akers, Year 8. Record 75-20. Missed on two titles after undefeated regular seasons ending ranked #1. Damn that fumbled punt. Yes, Akers and Royal both had 75 wins when they hit 20 losses.

20th Loss: Year 3, 4, or 5
— Mackovic, Year 5, Record to that point 32-20-1. Beats Corn for “Roll Left” Big 12 title. Fired the next year for going 4-7, including Rout 66. Going 4-7 with Ricky Williams! 
— McWilliams, Year 4. Record 26-20. The 20th loss was the 46-3 Miami beatdown in the Cotton Bowl. Fired or resigned the next year after going 5-6.
— Strong, Year 3, Record 16-20. The 20th loss was the infamous Kansas game, fired one game later.
— Herman fired at 32-18. (No doubt the 20th loss would have come in Year 5, likely at the State Fair in overtime or with walk off game-winning TD.) 

Comparing 20th Loss Records
— Mack, 84-20, Royal and Akers, 75-20
— Mackovic, 36-20, McWilliams 26-20, and Strong, 16-20.
— The data is unmistakable by the 20th loss. Brown, Royal, and Akers had 40-50-60 more wins. 

Turnarounds
— Year 1: Royal, Brown, and Akers (see caveat* below)
— No turnaround: McWilliams, Mackovic, Strong, and Herman. 
— Of course, Royal famously did a turnaround on himself after three straight 6-4 seasons. Installed the Wishbone, won 30 straight games, and won two more national titles (and revolutionized college football offenses for 10-15 years).
— Keys to the Akers and Brown turnarounds were installing offenses that featured Earl Campbell and Ricky Williams, enabling them to win Heismans and signal the Texas turnaround. Sark's offense did not feature Bijan and a Heisman chance was lost. 
— *One might say Akers did less of a turnaround than just keeping the Royal machine going (5-5-1 in Royal’s final year, but 10-2 in year prior), until Akers's winning collapsed and he was fired after Year 10. 

Beware the Illusory Turnarounds or "Texas is Back" seasons
— The 10-2 “turnaround” season in Year 4. Mackovic in 1995 and McWilliams' “Shock the Nation” in 1990 (went 5-6 the next season and was fired).
— The Big 12 championship with so-so record. Mackovic 8-4 in 1996 and was fired after the next year.
— The big bowl victory: Herman winning Sugar Bowl, with Bevo nearly goring Uga and Sam declaring “We’re Back.” Herman fired two years later.

Have at it everyone. I am sure someone is eager to shred this somehow or just disregard it. Or launch some ad hominems. 

About the author: Two grad degrees from UT-Austin. Dad also a grad from UT. 

Damn good research and post.

Deception is a big part of it but only having 1 game breaker at receiver slows down the offense when X is taken out. Building 3 or 4 deep in the WR room like he did at Bama makes it unstoppable. Secondly who on his team is a jump ball catcher that can make a play when it's absolutely necessary? We needed that in all 4 losses when the offense stalled to help QE but nobody was there to step up. He's had some drops at a&m this year but Stewart's grab against Ole Miss would have been the best catch by a mile for us. As great as X is he's just not that guy unless it's in his chest. 

I’m not against having more talent — and I doubt Sarkisian is, either — but that doesn’t mean his game plans are built on out-athleting the other guys.

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

And how many of those guys will still be at A&M next year?

And what does their 2023 recruiting class look like?

That's not NOW, that you're talking about. That's last year. A year bought and paid for with bagmen... bagmen who, under NIL, suddenly find themselves obsolete.

You are asking for FUTURE analysis, which is all speculation. Neither of our 23 classes are signed. No one has currently portaled out for them OR for us. What we know is RIGHT NOW, at this very moment, they have all the things we are struggling with short of QB. If we had the players they have THIS YEAR that we need, how much better would we be right now? Linemen, receivers, edge rushers, linebackers, and secondary. 

Aggy has never been good. However, the last time aggy had an uptick was when we went through a similar period. That is not a coincidence. 

4 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

I know it’s just Kansas, but we kicked the fuck out of em.

Extremely satisfying win, even if it’s just Kansas.

It’s satisfying cause it’s exactly what we should do. Not these fucking back and forth games giving Kansas a chance at the end.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Loop 1604 said:

Steve Sarkisian is a really bad head coach. Yesterday doesn’t change a thing.

That's just dumb.  Sark is, at worst, an "average" head coach, and he's an excellent football coach overall. 

Saying that Texas deserves an "excellent" HC is one thing, saying sark is "really bad" is moronic. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, boilerhorn said:

To pile on the OL comments.

It seems crystal clear that Sarkisian/Flood wanted to build and develop the OL their way: try to make chicken salad out of what they had and grow through recruiting.  

Looking at the 2-deep, Texas has 2 FR, 2 SO, and a RS Senior as starters.  The 2nd team has 4 FR and a RS So.  The FR will make mistakes.  Where it has experience, this OL is bereft of ability.

Baylor's OL looked pretty good yesterday against TCU.  By comparison, Baylor has RS So, JR, SR, and 2 grad transfers as starters.  The 2nd team has 2 FR, RS Sr, Jr, and a grad transfer.  Those grad transfers are 5th year seniors.

I think this OL will be dangerous in 1-2 years.  The unwillingness to bring in OL mercenaries though the portal may have cost us a couple of games over the past couple of years, but I think the build strategy (vs. "buy") is sound.

An extra win last year gets us bowl game practices.  Those are extremely valuable.

heck an extra win this year would have been huge for recruiting momentum.

I wouldn’t downplay a “couple of games” 

Edited by FORTY NINE TO ZERO

Here's my low IQ analysis 

1. Defense is playing its best since 2009

2. Online is playing its best since like 2006

3. Our qb play this year has regressed 

4. Sark called MNC games for Saban and I currently believe will sort out the offense

5. We beat Kansas best team since 2007 worse than we have in like 15 years 

6. Recruiting at a high level

7. He's also coaching in a bit of a lame duck big12 Era which I tend to think we'd be sitting at 9-2 / 11-0 , and let's not pretend we haven't had some ridiculous bs go against us 

I'm not currently thinking he can win it all, but I'm happy to give him another year to see if he can improve 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, boilerhorn said:

To pile on the OL comments.

It seems crystal clear that Sarkisian/Flood wanted to build and develop the OL their way: try to make chicken salad out of what they had and grow through recruiting.  

Looking at the 2-deep, Texas has 2 FR, 2 SO, and a RS Senior as starters.  The 2nd team has 4 FR and a RS So.  The FR will make mistakes.  Where it has experience, this OL is bereft of ability.

Baylor's OL looked pretty good yesterday against TCU.  By comparison, Baylor has RS So, JR, SR, and 2 grad transfers as starters.  The 2nd team has 2 FR, RS Sr, Jr, and a grad transfer.  Those grad transfers are 5th year seniors.

I think this OL will be dangerous in 1-2 years.  The unwillingness to bring in OL mercenaries though the portal may have cost us a couple of games over the past couple of years, but I think the build strategy (vs. "buy") is sound.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread. The truly talented aren't coming if you are recruiting a bunch of mercenaries through the portal for their position. They want to play right away so they can leave asap. Portal in good linemen and don't get Banks. That's usually how it goes. So I agree the build strategy is sound. Big physical linemen. Top notch signal callers. Good running backs. Elite wide receiver. The other side of the ball may need to portal to catch up. Hopefully there is some quality out there to patch up some graduating losses. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

An extra win last year gets us bowl game practices.  Those are extremely valuable.

heck an extra win this year would have been huge for recruiting momentum.

I wouldn’t downplay a “couple of games” 

8-4 sounds so much better than 7-5 and it would show a three game improvement 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

That's just dumb.  Sark is, at worst, an "average" head coach, and he's an excellent football coach overall. 

Saying that Texas deserves an "excellent" HC is one thing, saying sark is "really bad" is moronic. 

No. He’s a really bad head coach. It’s quite obvious to those paying attention over the course of his career. 

Note, I did not say coordinator.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Thatguy said:

You are asking for FUTURE analysis, which is all speculation. Neither of our 23 classes are signed. No one has currently portaled out for them OR for us. What we know is RIGHT NOW, at this very moment, they have all the things we are struggling with short of QB. If we had the players they have THIS YEAR that we need, how much better would we be right now? Linemen, receivers, edge rushers, linebackers, and secondary. 

Aggy has never been good. However, the last time aggy had an uptick was when we went through a similar period. That is not a coincidence. 

Once again, Aggy has been paying top dollar for recruits since going all in on Jimbo. It has nothing to do with enrollment numbers (where are Florida International's 5 stars?) or coaching stability (how about Iowa?). They've been buying recruits dude. That's it.

Edited by TXpride
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

No. He’s a really bad head coach. It’s quite obvious to those paying attention over the course of his career. 

Note, I did not say coordinator.

hey you fucking idiot.  He's .558% for his career.   If you pull your finger out of your asshole and consult a calculator, you'll see that he's "above-average" by that statistic.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

Yup. We should be 10-1 or 9-2 with the talent we have on offense. 

Sark is a really really bad head coach. 

the QB is the single most important position in college FB. Our's is a pretty shitty freshman.   NOBODY goes 10-1 or 9-2 with a shitty QB. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

the QB is the single most important position in college FB. Our's is a pretty shitty freshman.   NOBODY goes 10-1 or 9-2 with a shitty QB. 

Pro football also.  Bill Belichick was able to go 11-5 with Matt Cassel as his QB one year so I think it’s safe to say Sark is somewhere coach wise between Charlie Strong and Bill Belichick.  That puts him most likely above average.

10 hours ago, Slacks said:

Run the fucking ball.

Win.

Hire me.

Sound strategy when your opponent is like 100th in the nation against the run like Kansas was/is. That won't be the case this week against Baylor. Ewers is going to have to hit on some throws.

9 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Lol. I take time off because I am a busy father. 

Not this cycle. aggy is in free fall.

7 hours ago, Goredho said:

That's where I am at, I have much less confidence in Ewers as a QB than Sark as a coach at this point.  If Ewers has to participate meaningfully for us to win, I don't like our odds against anyone.

Same.

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

Sound strategy when your opponent is like 100th in the nation against the run like Kansas was/is. That won't be the case this week against Baylor. Ewers is going to have to hit on some throws.

Not this cycle. aggy is in free fall.

Same.

@C-Man man I hope so. They really have been killing us in recruiting. @TXpride says they have been buying recruits. I get that they have been but recruits aren't just going where the bag is. They want the bag AND the ability to go to the league. If they had figured out their QB situation we would be in trouble. 

8 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

hey you fucking idiot.  He's .558% for his career.   If you pull your finger out of your asshole and consult a calculator, you'll see that he's "above-average" by that statistic.

k GIF

Steve Sarkisian is a really, really bad head coach with a middling record that is inflated because he’s coached at two helmet schools. 

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

@C-Man man I hope so. They really have been killing us in recruiting. @TXpride says they have been buying recruits. I get that they have been but recruits aren't just going where the bag is. They want the bag AND the ability to go to the league. If they had figured out their QB situation we would be in trouble. 

I mean, other than ignoring the fact their recruiting strategy has been a complete failure, you really nailed it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

We could also take solace in the fact that we were very "in" every game we lost.  Not a single dookystomp or even close.  But, being Texas fans, we're all "should have won all of them."

Texas really probably should have won the Tech game. I think the team played winning football for the most part. The post game win probability bears that out. That one was almost entirely lost on the headsets with a fumble mixed in for funsies. But Texas probably should have lost to ISU so that kind of balances out.

OSU, Texas “should” have won in that they clearly delivered a poor performance on both the field and the sidelines, but still had a chance to win the game. If they played/coached better, which they’re capable of. the game was there for the taking… but they didn’t so they deservedly lost.

I said when we lost to Tech and for a while after that the loss would be the albatross around Texas’s neck when it came to getting to Arlington, but I’d actually give that distinction to OSU now (yes I know that they all technically are). Just a terrible, frustrating loss. At least TCU is a good team and Tech was the conference opener with a backup QB.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Texas really probably should have won the Tech game. I think the team played winning football for the most part. The post game win probability bears that out. That one was almost entirely lost on the headsets with a fumble mixed in for funsies. But Texas probably should have lost to ISU so that kind of balances out.

OSU, Texas “should” have won in that they clearly delivered a poor performance on both the field and the sidelines, but still had a chance to win the game. If they played/coached better, which they’re capable of. the game was there for the taking… but they didn’t so they deservedly lost.

I said when we lost to Tech and for a while after that the loss would be the albatross around Texas’s neck when it came to getting to Arlington, but I’d actually give that distinction to OSU now (yes I know that they all technically are). Just a terrible, frustrating loss. At least TCU is a good team and Tech was the conference opener with a backup QB.

Why should Texas probably have lost to ISU?

The fumble at the end was abjectly lucky and ISU was marching down to score with basically no time left. That game was one of those where it was much more of an ISU loss than a Texas win, IMO.

Basically no time left?

Two minutes. More, if they score on the botched open pass.

But, sure, a score from the 28 was a given.

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

The fumble at the end was abjectly lucky and ISU was marching down to score with basically no time left. That game was one of those where it was much more of an ISU loss than a Texas win, IMO.

That drop by a wide open receiver at the 10 yd line didn’t help their chances either.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

That’s horseshit. An abjectly lucky fumble is the opponent dropping it while switching hands or something.

Why totally discount when we do something great? Our guy came up and drilled the ball carrier and forced a turnover.

Try to appreciate the rare times we have someone step up and make a play when it’s desperately needed.

• Hook 'Em 6

If Big 12 officials had been willing to:

1) Identify a safety against Alabama

OR

2) Penalize OSU (at least once)

OR 

2) Notice TCU’s game-winning holds and ignore a flopping punter

We would already have 8 wins and could be headed to Arlington.

Edited by ATXhorn17
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Texas really probably should have won the Tech game.

Yep.  We also got fucked by the refs in the Alabama and OSU games.  This season is a kick in the dick sometimes.  The OSU robbery brought me back to Strong's second season robbing in 2015 as well.  Fucking crooks.

23 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Yep.  We also got fucked by the refs in the Alabama and OSU games.  This season is a kick in the dick sometimes.  The OSU robbery brought me back to Strong's second season robbing in 2015 as well.  Fucking crooks.

If we had an even decent QB this year we could be undefeated.

13 hours ago, C-Man said:

OkState we pretty much abandoned the run in the second half, even though we were averaging as much per run as per pass attempt.  Game total: 30 runs (2 TDs) vs 50 attempts (2 TDs, 3INTs)

Q3 start 

Texas 31 - OSU 24

5 run, Inc, Sack, Punt

0 run, inc, inc, Punt

27 pass, -1 run, 1 run, inc, Punt

4 run, 1 run, inc, FG

7 pass, - 7 (snap over head), 

End Q3 Texas 34 - OSU 27

Q4

inc, Punt

11 run, 2 run, inc, inc, punt

20 pass, 13 run, 9 run, 5 run, 3 run, inc, inc, Missed FG

13 pass, run -2, run 33 (Penalty), inc, 19 pass, false start, INTERCEPTION

inc, 12 pass, inc, 10 pass, false start, inc, inc, 21 pass, INTERCEPTION

Texas 34 - OSU 41

Commit to it. 40 carries and we probably win... If nothing else, get to 3rd and manageable more often.

RUN. 

THE. 

BALL.

TCU kicked our offenses ass.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

If Big 12 officials had been willing to:

1) Identify a safety against Alabama

OR

2) Penalize OSU (at least once)

OR 

2) Notice TCU’s game-winning holds and ignore a flopping punter

We would already have 8 wins and could be headed to Arlington.

I wish we didn’t do these posts.

Anyone who definitively declares Sark, at this point in time, a bad head coach is an idiot. 

He may or may not ultimately be successful, but there’s not enough good or bad information to declare him anything. 

Whereas with Strong one could point to the terrible coaching staff hires as the basis for saying he was terrible by season 2.

And even more idiotic is the viewpoint that he could be fired this year. Posters predicting this are among the dumbest on this board. The odds of it are John Belushi’s grade point average in Animal House. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Anyone who definitively declares Sark, at this point in time, a bad head coach is an idiot. 

He may or may not ultimately be successful, but there’s not enough good or bad information to declare him anything. 

Whereas with Strong one could point to the terrible coaching staff hires as the basis for saying he was terrible by season 2.

And even more idiotic is the viewpoint that he could be fired this year. Posters predicting this are among the dumbest on this board. The odds of it are John Belushi’s grade point average in Animal House. 

You are wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1