This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

He put together a game plan that relied heavily on Bijan and the short passing game. Amazingly, that resulted in a better outcome than Ewers throwing it 40 times deep to Worthy. Credit to Sark for choosing the layup and not the fade away three pointer from half court. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Can’t wait for 6 days straight of people talking about the TCU game even more 

Or dissecting everything Ewers does. "Ewers throws it out of the back of the end zone as a throwaway. "WTF was Ewers doing there? What a horrible throw" lol

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

No offense looks great all the time, but the problem with Texas is it’s something different every time - defense, offense, QB play, etc. It either means our coaching staff isn’t smart enough or working hard enough. 

yea, we play like an average team

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Any criticism of Ewers is perfectly valid at this point.

However some of you are too dense to realize that some of those are throwaways. 

Sanders misses a block and the rusher comes free and tips the ball <surly> what the hell was that Ewers<surly>

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

After watching the TCU game three times I'm convinced they were stealing signs.

Who cares? Letting that happen is such fucking amateur hour. It’s like a catcher getting the pitching signs stolen by a runner on 2nd. If your shit is that simple then you deserve it

Just now, Thatguy said:

However some of you are too dense to realize that some of those are throwaways. 

Sanders misses a block and the rusher comes free and tips the ball <surly> what the hell was that Ewers<surly>

No shit he throws the ball away.
He also has horrible footwork so he misses easy shit all the time. 

10 hours ago, immamac said:

I didn't realize Kansas all world quarterback is gonna start again. We are doomed. 

9 hours ago, mdmost said:

He's not being fired if he loses to Kansas. 

9 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

I mean, that would be a fucking awesome problem to have. I hope it happens. There is enough shit luck in my family and life going on right now.

8 hours ago, immamac said:

It's losing to Kansas twice after having the big XII CCG on lock and scoring only 6 points on offense in 6 quarters. This has never happened in the history of Texas football. 

8 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

It's so much better to just record the game and do something else while it's on. Win, go back and watch the replay. Lose, actually enjoy that 4 hours of my life that I would've otherwise been miserable. 

8 hours ago, Red Five said:

I'm planning on getting some things done around the house. 

Just a little irritated over that happening around here every November. Playing a meaningful game with playoff implications around Thanksgiving sure would be nice, for once.

And I don't think Beard's start to his second season has done Sark any favors with the fan base. It's a rolling ball of butcher knives that just destroyed two top ten teams in Arkansas and Gonzaga. 

5 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

I expect us to blow Kansas out ... in the first half. 

If we lose this game, I am for sure done with Texas football ... until next week.

5 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I expect Kansas to win. I don’t know how Sark will shit the bed, but there will be feces

4 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

@Thatguy if we lose the last 2 would you consider taking all of next year off? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I've taken time off this board. Hasn't stopped you guys from being assholes to anyone with a different take than the group think. I pretty much sat on the sideline for the entirety of the Herman era. You guys still did what you do. 

If you think the problem is "groupthink," I don't know what to tell you. This board has no problem with alternative points of view, if you have the brains to come up with intelligent ones. And if you don't, you can admit it, or at least have a sense of humor about it.

You don't have a sense of humor about your stupid takes. What, you expect us to sit back and just accept your idiocy? Fuck that.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Is there anything more Steve Sarkisian than an “I told you so” after beating Kansas?

BTW, numbnuts, I had us 2-3 down the stretch with this as our second win. So…yay?

Just pointing out all the crybabies. 

Last year you guys swore PK was the dumbest motherfucker on the planet. A year later the defense is playing pretty well and we have completely moved off that dialogue as if we can't pull up the thread and look. Now it's the offense can't do this or that. This team is improving. D-better. Special teams better. )-line better. The passing offense is having some growing pains but the team is improving and recruiting is looking solid. Totally different than the last two guys. running game is solid. The last bit of the puzzle is QB/Receiver. We get that fixed and we are likely in the hunt next year. 

58 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Props to 7 Win Steve for doing his thing. I enjoyed the win. 

Now let's see what happens next week. It's nut cutting time.

Sark isn't getting fired with arch coming. Question is...how many 7-8 win seasons with arch before the boosters fire him only to make another terrible hire after publicly chasing Bill Belechek?

• Fuck You 4

39 minutes ago, austintiger said:

Sark isn't getting fired with arch coming. Question is...how many 7-8 win seasons with arch before the boosters fire him only to make another terrible hire after publicly chasing Bill Belechek?

Didn't mean to imply that his job was on the line. I predicted early in the week that he would win, so he could keep sparing us to death for 2 more years. I was just saying that this is a chance for he and the team to step up and make a statement. And start changing some of the public's perception of his program.

But as I check the Bedlam score, I'm not hopeful. The fact that he got out coached by Gundy the clown in the 2nd half is damning. He's a fucking muppet until the beats clowns like that.

Edited by Brothahorn

11 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

But as I check the Bedlam score, I'm not hopeful. The fact that he got out coached by Gundy the clown in the 2nd half is damning. He's a fucking muppet until the beats clowns like that.

Gundy in Bedlam is a special case.

Most people around here think he's a pretty decent coach, especially when you exclude Bedlam.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

The board absolutely suffers from group think. Always has. You can set your watch by it. There are technical reasons why we lose or struggle, but you guys throw all that shit out the window. Last week we couldn't run the football. That was because TCU's aggressive front was whipping the interior of our line. We are weak at the guard/center spot, and teams try to attack us there. Whether you have the manpower to do that to us or not dictates if we can run on you not how many times we hand it to Bijan. TCU backed that up by loading the box. KU did not and paid the price. 

A lot of people on this board struggle seeing what is going on, or aren't watching the game fully. They say shit like we made no adjustments in the second half when we did but they didn't work. It's happened time and time again. We call for the backup when the starter is struggling and then find out why the backup is the backup. I argue those points and here we are. "Ryan Watts sucks we need to get him out of there". Backup comes in and immediately gives up explosives. This is who Surly is. 

No one gives a fuck

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

The board absolutely suffers from group think. Always has. You can set your watch by it. There are technical reasons why we lose or struggle, but you guys throw all that shit out the window. Last week we couldn't run the football. That was because TCU's aggressive front was whipping the interior of our line. We are weak at the guard/center spot, and teams try to attack us there. Whether you have the manpower to do that to us or not dictates if we can run on you not how many times we hand it to Bijan. TCU backed that up by loading the box. KU did not and paid the price. 

A lot of people on this board struggle seeing what is going on, or aren't watching the game fully. They say shit like we made no adjustments in the second half when we did but they didn't work. It's happened time and time again. We call for the backup when the starter is struggling and then find out why the backup is the backup. I argue those points and here we are. "Ryan Watts sucks we need to get him out of there". Backup comes in and immediately gives up explosives. This is who Surly is. 

Sark is finally over .500 and predictably you get cocky. 

1 hour ago, austintiger said:

Dude, we could absolutely money whip ole Bill away from the Pats. Shit, I'd probably slot  him in as a fallback guy in our next search. 

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

So glad this team reached its ceiling.  Even WITHOUT the O-Line Transfer Portal. 

I think we have a great chance to go 8 and 4 and then win our bowl game and be 9 and 4. I truly never thought that would happen and I was wrong. Sark exceeded my expectations.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

So when we suck ass and complain that’s group think? I call it “calling it as I see it”. 

today was a great called gameS when sark or pk do well I praise them. If not I don’t. You’re the one that’s stuck on only thinking one way. “Never blame the corch”

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

I, for one, appreciate your commitment to the two space paragraph indentation to begin each and every response. Your third grade teacher would be so proud.