This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

34 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

First off, it isn't even true about what he posted. Second, people are just tired of your never ending rear view mirror wishcasting. At what point do you move on from the fact that Sark didn't go get offensive linemen in the portal? The 200 plus days of bitching complaining isn't going to change what took place. Move the fuck on, JFC.

Fuck no.....and fuck you. This isn't just a coaching problem. This is also a personnel problem on both lines. I haven't bitched for 200 days. I've been right for 200 days.

I dont give a fuck if you blame the players or the coaches. We should NOT lose to Kansas. it's all excuses. clutching our junk and whining. 

What has happened to Texas and the fans? making excuses against Kansas and the other Irate8. FML 

we are 59 and 54 since 2010 in conference...What...the...fuck. You have to laugh to stop from crying 

image.png.c6eaaaaa9ab25093504bd65865dca188.png

• Hook 'Em 4

27 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

I dont give a fuck if you blame the players or the coaches. We should NOT lose to Kansas. it's all excuses. clutching our junk and whining. 

What has happened to Texas and the fans? making excuses against Kansas and the other Irate8. FML 

we are 59 and 54 since 2010 in conference...What...the...fuck. You have to laugh to stop from crying 

We are not losing to Kansas! We win(convincingly).

Which gives us 2 more years of Steve Sarkisian Texas Football. And terrible game day suits. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I love all this talent shit.

Looking at BOW's talent chart, KU has 66 3 and 4 stars and we have 78.  The vast majority of the talent in the B12 is concentrated in 3 and 4 stars, with a heavier bias toward 4 stars for the better teams.  And a few 5 stars sprinkled in there.

Are you dildos really that convinced that there's a ton of measurable difference between 3 and 4 star talents?

If we were loaded with 5 stars, that might be something.

This whole notion that we're way more talented that the rest of the big 12 is just an arrogant masturbatory fantasy fueled by 9.95ers, who are uniformly full of shit, according to this board, on virtually every other matter.

Yes. I think the talent on the Texas roster is vastly superior to the talent on the Kansas roster.

Our coach is just a much bigger nutless fuckup than the guy they hired, who is actually a prolific winner. One team hired a winner, the other went bargain hunting for some fucking stupid, unnecessary, irrelevant reason.

People need to answer for this bullshit. Again. It seems intentional. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

Yes. I think the talent on the Texas roster is vastly superior to the talent on the Kansas roster.

Our coach is just a much bigger nutless fuckup than the guy they hired, who is actually a prolific winner. One team hired a winner, the other went bargain hunting for some fucking stupid, unnecessary, irrelevant reason.

People need to answer for this bullshit. Again. It seems intentional. 

Right? You would think they could accidentally find a great coach by now it's ridiculous.

2 hours ago, nineliveslost said:

If the fans don't demand better they will keep making these terrible hires. Simple as that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The point was, the data set was the B12.  Certain folks like to claim that Texas is way ahead of the rest of the conference in talent, save OU.
But, Texas, like all the other teams, including talent cellar-dweller KU, has most of its talent concentrated in 3 and 4 stars.  It's not like we have a bunch of 5 stars and everyone else is stuck with 2 and 3 stars, especially the pygmies.
So, our major advantage is having a shit ton more 4 stars as the worst-recruiting team in the conference.  And we know well that the fourth star can come simply by being recruited by Texas.
And stats like the above don't account for evaluations and recruiting to positions of need, which we have been shitty at for quite some time.  See, eg, OL, LB, DE, WR, etc.  Nor do they account for attrition/young talent vs, upperclass talent, as in the case of TCU.

Probably 95% of the players on Kansas roster didn’t even hold offers from Texas. There’s a big difference between our roster and theirs.
  • Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, austintiger said:

If the fans don't demand better they will keep making these terrible hires. Simple as that.

Where have you been all this time and where can I subscribe to your newsletter? It's the fault of the fans for not demanding better! How has no one ever thought of that??

This is the biggest game of the Sark tenure thus far

Win it, and people fade the kansas loss last year. We get a winning season, relieve more pressure from our shoulders, and sell recruits on an upward trajectory

Lose this game and Sark loses all goodwill from the team, fanbase, and university. We also likely go 6-7 and have a losing season. And we will have 3-5 decommits before December. Arch possibly gone. More turnover on staff. Absolute chaos. Sarks seat also becomes BLAZING hot.

massive, massive game

• Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, austintiger said:

If you can't understand why fans holding the administration accountable can make a difference you truly are a moron. There's nothing I can do about that but God speed.

Please, please, please, oh enlightened one, explain it to me like the moron that I am. How have the fans failed to hold the administration accountable? I asked to subscribe to your newsletter earlier, but you haven't provided details on how to do so. I truly want to know the secrets that you possess because you make it sound so simple. If only Texas fans knew the secret behind why hiring a guy with a nickname Seven Win Steve was a bad idea they wouldn't find themselves in this predicament.

15 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

They got 3 stars all over the place

How long have they been there? I don’t know much about the KU roster but a team loaded with RS Junior and Senior 3-stars can compete with teams loaded with young 4- and 5-stars. Mark Dantonio made hay at MSU by recruiting Ohio kids that tOSU wouldn’t take, redshirting them, and developing them for a few years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, immamac said:

if sark loses to Kansas back to back I'm done, I'll lock the football board. lol

Not before we vote on what the banner will say. Right now they are claiming we might not get clearance to fly over the stadium during the game. If that’s the case, I’m going highway billboard by both exits on 35 by campus plus a fucking banner over Sark’s house. Scorched fucking Earth if he has Ewers throwing 40 plus times deep to Worthy that results in 2 catches. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Win it, and people fade the kansas loss last year. We get a winning season, relieve more pressure from our shoulders, and sell recruits on an upward trajectory

Lose this game and Sark loses all goodwill from the team, fanbase, and university. We also likely go 6-7 and have a losing season. And we will have 3-5 decommits before December. Arch possibly gone. More turnover on staff. Absolute chaos. Sarks seat also becomes BLAZING hot.

massive, massive game

I’d normally say you’re being dramatic Focker but you’re right.  A win here means a two game improvement for Sark.  It’s progress though he did set the bar low

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, austintiger said:

If you can't understand why fans holding the administration accountable can make a difference you truly are a moron. There's nothing I can do about that but God speed.

Texas making money hand over fist whether they win or lose is absolutely an issue, but I’m not sure it’s all that unique. 

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

How long have they been there? I don’t know much about the KU roster but a team loaded with RS Junior and Senior 3-stars can compete with teams loaded with young 4- and 5-stars. Mark Dantonio made hay at MSU by recruiting Ohio kids that tOSU wouldn’t take, redshirting them, and developing them for a few years. 

This exactly. You can have a rooster full of talented 18- 20 year olds and get your ass whipped by a rooster full off physically developed, experienced 21-22 year olds that aren't considered "talented". It happens all the time. Quinn Ewers is talented, most agree right? He however is inexperienced and therefore struggling. That can go for almost all positions. This post by no means gives Sark a pass from me.

• Hook 'Em 2

Steve is completetly fucked, at this point. The refusal to replace Ewers looks like he's decided to keep Ewers in the game and call passes he hasn't completed since he got back from the Bama injury. Everybody was predicting a run-heavy offense, and I think I heard Bijan express unhappiness and surprise about Sark changing the plan to pass, run or pass, pass, punt.

I went and looked up Steve's HC record. First two years is eerily similar to our first two years with him, so far.

First, he went 5-7. Unlike Texas, UW was nearly ecstatic since the previous HC was fired after 0-12. We weren't ecstatic at all with 2021's 5-7 record, but we "understood" new staff and all that.

Second year, he "improved" to 6-6, and then devolved into several consecutive 7-6 years. We may or may not get from 6-4 to 8-4 this year, but given the less-than-pathetic attempts at offense, I don't believe that any of would be surprised were we to go 0-2 against KU and Baylor and wind up with that 6-6 record.

The insistence of Ewers and no one else speaks to me of a person who has no real idea what to do, so he keeps doing the same thing... over and over and over... I'm not a recovering alcoholic, so I have only external experiences with alcoholics in particluar, but from what I have seen, Sark looks like he is in danger of falling off that wagon. Maybe he's just fully incompetent, so it seems as though he's drunk or drug-addled. 

Bottom line is that Seven Win Steve is not who some - perhaps most - thought he was, and never will be. 

Time's just about up for this season. What next?

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

This exactly. You can have a rooster full of talented 18- 20 year olds and get your ass whipped by a rooster full off physically developed, experienced 21-22 year olds that aren't considered "talented". It happens all the time. Quinn Ewers is talented, most agree right? He however is inexperienced and therefore struggling. That can go for almost all positions. This post by no means gives Sark a pass from me.

200.gif

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Steve is completetly fucked, at this point. The refusal to replace Ewers looks like he's decided to keep Ewers in the game and call passes he hasn't completed since he got back from the Bama injury. Everybody was predicting a run-heavy offense, and I think I heard Bijan express unhappiness and surprise about Sark changing the plan to pass, run or pass, pass, punt.

I went and looked up Steve's HC record. First two years is eerily similar to our first two years with him, so far.

First, he went 5-7. Unlike Texas, UW was nearly ecstatic since the previous HC was fired after 0-12. We weren't ecstatic at all with 2021's 5-7 record, but we "understood" new staff and all that.

Second year, he "improved" to 6-6, and then devolved into several consecutive 7-6 years. We may or may not get from 6-4 to 8-4 this year, but given the less-than-pathetic attempts at offense, I don't believe that any of would be surprised were we to go 0-2 against KU and Baylor and wind up with that 6-6 record.

The insistence of Ewers and no one else speaks to me of a person who has no real idea what to do, so he keeps doing the same thing... over and over and over... I'm not a recovering alcoholic, so I have only external experiences with alcoholics in particluar, but from what I have seen, Sark looks like he is in danger of falling off that wagon. Maybe he's just fully incompetent, so it seems as though he's drunk or drug-addled. 

Bottom line is that Seven Win Steve is not who some - perhaps most - thought he was, and never will be. 

Time's just about up for this season. What next?

Let’s just say he is doing a horrible job right now without the “he must be falling off wagon” nonsense. It’s unfair to Sark for the work he’s done to live a healthier life when there’s no evidence of him actually going back to his old ways. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Levi said:

Let’s just say he is doing a horrible job right now without the “he must be falling off wagon” nonsense. It’s unfair to Sark for the work he’s done to live a healthier life when there’s no evidence of him actually going back to his old ways. 

He is doing a horrible job right now. Maybe it's booze, maybe it's something else. 

No, wait, it can't be booze... that would be unfair, for reasons.

'Zat better for you, sport?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, austintiger said:

The only way to "demand better" in a language that the powers that be understand is to stop showing up and stop buying shit.

Everything else is just static to them.

• Hook 'Em 1

Dude has a worse record against P5 teams than Charlie Strong in the same time here, and he took over a team that lost three games and won the Alamo Bowl. Couple that with his previous lack of success and I don’t know how anyone could have confidence in him.

What, six 5 stars on offense isn’t enough? Maybe when we’re starting 22 of them across the board we can move up into that rare 9-3 ish air.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

15 minutes ago, Levi said:

It sure is better. 

Sounds like we agree on all but the booze. My guesses on the problem(s) include the possibility of reboozing, but yours deny any such possibility. It may be true, but my life experiences put "impossible" in the category of non-existence. It may be hugely (or smallly) unlikely, enough so that you don't even consider it, but it's been true before. I say it's possible, you say otherwise.

It's not worth arguing over, so we won't. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Sounds like we agree on all but the booze. My guesses on the problem(s) include the possibility of reboozing, but yours deny any such possibility. It may be true, but my life experiences put "impossible" in the category of non-existence. It may be hugely (or smallly) unlikely, enough so that you don't even consider it, but it's been true before. I say it's possible, you say otherwise.

It's not worth arguing over, so we won't. Thank you.

Not saying anything was impossible. I was denying there was any evidence of him falling off the wagon based on what someone has “seen”. But you do you, sport. Matt Damon Film GIF by Tech Noir

34 minutes ago, Levi said:

Not saying anything was impossible. I was denying there was any evidence of him falling off the wagon based on what someone has “seen”. But you do you, sport.

Ooookay... I see your problem. You deny the existence of some sort of "evidence" - check that, ANY "evidence" - that Sark is drinking anything other than [INSERT HEALTHFUL BEVERAGE]. 

In fact, the basis for speculation by some fans that drinking might be the - or at least a - cause of strange coaching behavior is that it has been a cause of problem at all two of his previous HC jobs. He seems to have gone into alcohol quite deeply at both schools, being drunk at alumni booster meetings, drunk at practice, drunk during games... we've not yet seen that behavior at Texas, but there's plenty wrong which so far has defied explanation.

Me doing me? I think there are problems with the coaching, problems which cause games that should be cakewalks to be lost. I haven't seen any reports from media, fans, reporters, or any others, that the Head Coach is drinking on the job, but it seems like a strong possibility, given that it has been the case in two out of two previous HC jobs.

If it's not alcoholism, then what is it? No doubt there are plenty of other things. Maybe he's just flat incompetent. Or he has some other disorder. Or... what? Is there any evidence of anything to you, other than failure to show coaching prowess?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

Ooookay... I see your problem. You deny the existence of some sort of "evidence" - check that, ANY "evidence" - that Sark is drinking anything other than [INSERT HEALTHFUL BEVERAGE]. 

In fact, the basis for speculation by some fans that drinking might be the - or at least a - cause of strange coaching behavior is that it has been a cause of problem at all two of his previous HC jobs. He seems to have gone into alcohol quite deeply at both schools, being drunk at alumni booster meetings, drunk at practice, drunk during games... we've not yet seen that behavior at Texas, but there's plenty wrong which so far has defied explanation.

Me doing me? I think there are problems with the coaching, problems which cause games that should be cakewalks to be lost. I haven't seen any reports from media, fans, reporters, or any others, that the Head Coach is drinking on the job, but it seems like a strong possibility, given that it has been the case in two out of two previous HC jobs.

If it's not alcoholism, then what is it? No doubt there are plenty of other things. Maybe he's just flat incompetent. Or he has some other disorder. Or... what? Is there any evidence of anything to you, other than failure to show coaching prowess?

Man, I really don’t have a problem with this. But for the last fucking time, I’m denying that there’s any evidence that Sark has fallen back to his old ways of alcoholism here at Texas. Is it possible? Sure. Recovery is a fucking battle but again there’s  no evidence that he has fallen down. “If it’s not alcoholism, then what is it?” You do realize it’s possible to be a recovered alcoholic and still suck ass at being a head coach? 

• Hook 'Em 1

He should have been fired for that god awful suit he wore last week. jfc

It’s only a suit, and in the big picture shouldn’t be a big deal, but that’s a distraction. Dude wore a camo suit on Gameday, and changed to that, then changed to his coaching clothes. In the context of hosting recruits and getting your shit pushed in, the optics are very bad. And show’s poor judgment.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

massive, massive game

I honestly do not think that this could have been stated any better. You absolutely nailed it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1