This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

4 of the starters on offense and 6 on defense were brought in by Dykes via the portal.

Do you just pull these stats out of your ass or what? It takes 30 seconds of research to see Wiley and Ali are the only guys starting on the TCU offense who were not on the roster last year.

Hodges, Newton and Perry the only transfer starters brought in on defense.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Do you just pull these stats out of your ass or what? It takes 30 seconds of research to see Wiley and Ali are the only guys starting on the TCU offense who were not on the roster last year.

Hodges, Newton and Perry the only ones on defense.

wow even worse than I thought.....Sark got outcoached by Dykes with the same talent that went 5-7 last year. Thanks for pointing that out. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

wow even worse than I thought.....Sark got outcoached by Dykes with the same talent that went 5-7 last year. Thanks for pointing that out. 

God you are the best. You try to make a point about how he attacked the portal so well and when you are called out on it you change the narrative all together.

Keep doing you. Never change.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

I didn’t post the TCU record as some discussion point on how great of a coach Sonny Dukes is but to emphasize the point that you can go from bad to good in a hurry if you actually coach the team.

We aren’t required to have a 7-5 or 8-4 season before we can win 10 games.

We managed to hire the football version of Shaka Smart complete with the idiotic tagline that doesn’t match the product on the field. Seven win Steven can stack up tons of talent but he can’t coach a team to trophies. If he would just start slapping the field after he squats to look at his play sheet we would have a carbon copy.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

God you are the best. You try to make a point about how he attacked the portal so well and when you are called out on it you change the narrative all together.

Keep doing you. Never change.

It's okay man....you can admit Sark is a shitty coach. Any good coach has this team at 10 wins in year two. 

image.png.a6aa97059ba27e2418843c379f266b09.png

image.png.23d7858507aa854f8aa7e245cf9eb8ae.png

11-11 overall

7-9 conference

7-11 against p5 teams

2-6 vs Top 25 Teams

2-6 on the road

4-9 in 1 score games

1-3 vs first year head coaches

Correct me if I'm wrong but 6 of those 11 losses are blown double digit leads in the second half, right?

3 minutes ago, jinx said:

I didn’t post the TCU record as some discussion point on how great of a coach Sonny Dukes is but to emphasize the point that you can go from bad to good in a hurry if you actually coach the team.

We aren’t required to have a 7-5 or 8-4 season before we can win 10 games.

We managed to hire the football version of Shaka Smart complete with the idiotic tagline that doesn’t match the product on the field. Seven win Steven can stack up tons of talent but he can’t coach a team to trophies. If he would just start slapping the field after he squats to look at his play sheet we would have a carbon copy.

Every great coach has shown improvement of the program significantly in the first two years. It's idiotic to think you need 4-5 years to see how good a coach can be.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

*conversation about Sonny Dykes*

BO&W: LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT STEVE SARKISIAN HERE ARE THE SAME 4 STATS I POST EVERY DAY IN EVERY THREAD OH YOU WANT TO HAVE A CONVERSATION ABOUT IT NAH HERE ARE THE SAME THREE SCREENSHOTS

Prove he's a good coach getting the most out of this roster and he didn't cost us 3 of our 4 losses

Dykes took a 5-7 team to 10-0
Sark took a 7-3 team to 5-7

Edited by BurntOrange&White

20 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

I had us at 8-4 but with 7-5 being almost as likely. (I also had A&M at 8-4, but that's for another thread..)

Tbh, if we had the exact same record and the defense still sucked but the offense was lighting it up, this board would be a little calmer. We all wanted to see offensive fireworks but they've been highly sporadic. Regardless, I agree with others that there has been notable improvement, especially on defense. And gotta remember the offense is as young as you'll ever see - we have 8 underclassmen starters. That being said, Sark better get the offense rolling this offseason. 

Fwiw, UT's FEI ratings (adjusts for schedule strength. They have ours as one of the hardest):

2022: 6th overall (wtf), 19th offense, 13th defense (!!)

2021: 33 overall, 35th offense, 52nd defense

And points per drive:

2022: 22nd overall, 32 offense, 30 defense

2021: 59th overall, 25 offense, 95 defense (lol)

Sheeeesh the 19th best offense according to FEI hasn't scored an offensive touchdown in 3 consecutive and 6 consecutive quarters!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Prove he's a good coach getting the most out of this roster and he didn't cost us 3 of our 4 losses

Jfc there is no sane person on this board, including myself, who is making that argument. And even if they did believe it, but on earth would they engage with you about it.

It’s the fact we can’t even have a conversation about a completely unrelated topic without you flying in shoving the same 2 or 3 posts down our throats that have nothing to do with what is being discussed.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Exactly. Look at his entire resume prior to this year.  Six Win Sonny has averaged 6.45 wins/year.  This board would have fucking rioted if we hired him.

Fuck Sonny Dykes. He fucking sucks.

AND he shit in our coach’s cereal and then made him eat it.

Meme Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Jfc there is no sane person on this board, including myself, who is making that argument.

It’s the fact we can’t even have a conversation about a completely unrelated topic without you flying in shoving the same 2 or 3 posts down our throats that have nothing to do with what is being discussed.

Maybe Sarkisian shouldn't fucking suck and this wouldn't even be a thread or conversation. Dude is a fucking failure. But here we are in a thread discussing who Steve Sarkisian is and you get pissed at the facts of who he is. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

7 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Just heard Joel Klatt call Sark the next Scott Frost. Ouch.

He just did a whole radio segment on how the good coaches can turn around a team in 6 mo now instead of 3 years with NIL and the portal. See Lincoln Riley and others.

Sark isn’t going to make it.

this is where I'm at. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

With as much love as Joel Klatt gives Texas this is definitely something that should send chills to the bones of anyone on the fence.

8 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

He just did a whole radio segment on how the good coaches can turn around a team in 6 mo now instead of 3 years with NIL and the portal. See Lincoln Riley and others.

Nah that's impossible I read on UT message boards it's a 3-5 year process!

• Hook 'Em 1

Exactly. There's no need for half a decade rebuild jobs. You are either reloading or you are behind. And the same goes for these young players. You aren't letting a QB develop for 3 years any longer. If they don't have it early, find someone else. It's a different landscape than it used to be. With the transfer portal, not having to sit out a year and now NIL.

Sark isn't the guy. Never has been his whole career. That isn't going to change.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I've got no problem with his roster building and acknowledge it was a tall order. I would not expect him to have won 10 games this season. However, there are some strange, backwards trends that I would not expect from a coach who was getting the best out of what he has to work with, even if the best he has to work with are talented freshman and RS freshmen. If the defense is suddenly "fixed" only to have the offense trending backwards, something isn't right. I don't know why the early progress has either stalled or reversed, but I don't think he knows either, and that is what bothers me the most. My speculation, which is all I have, is that he is a very good to great OC who is having trouble keeping it all moving in the right direction as a HC. I hope he can figure it out. The odds of that would also be speculation. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Well according to this link, TCU is almost all Juniors and Seniors on the starting roster.  There's like one freshman starting.

https://www.frogsowar.com/2022/8/29/23327704/tcu-football-2022-depth-chart-week-one-colorado

I think I'll wait until next year before I start sucking Dykes off like the majority of this board are...

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

This.  No different than Aranda last year with that experienced squad.  Sark is TBD but I'm FAR from sold on Dykes who has caught a ton of breaks this season while also having the most experienced team in the conference in addition to NFL skill players.

Dykes is a good coach, probably a better coach than Sark, but I don't think he's a great coach. Outside of a couple plays they got their ass-whipped on Saturday by the Texas D and lucked into another shitty QB playing the majority of the game (this time the entire game) and a HC somehow being incapable of doing anything about it - whether it was benching him or scheming differently or whatever. 

I think TCU would be hard pressed to hang with tOSU, Tenn or Michigan - let alone Georgia. The only team they've whipped in conference play was OU at home.

That isn't to say they are undeserving of being ranked where they are and getting a shot at the CFP if they win out - but I think they're more on the level of LSU, USC, Bama than the teams that seem like actual title contenders. 

Which makes it even more inexcusable that we somehow pissed that game away with the way our D played. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I voted 7-5 for this season, but not because I thought that was the ceiling for the talent we have on campus. I factored in the negative effect of having a dipshit with a HC career defined by mediocrity. So if we somehow manage to pull off 8-4, that doesn't mean I'm happy with this season. I'm resigned to the fact that he gets another year to disappoint before we shitcan his sorry ass. However, if he manages to go 0-2 vs Leipold considering the vast talent disparity between the two schools when they accepted their jobs in 2021,  we need to leave his ass in Lawrence this weekend.

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Dykes is a good coach, probably a better coach than Sark, but I don't think he's a great coach. Outside of a couple plays they got their ass-whipped on Saturday by the Texas D and lucked into another shitty QB playing the majority of the game (this time the entire game) and a HC somehow being incapable of doing anything about it - whether it was benching him or scheming differently or whatever. 

I think TCU would be hard pressed to hang with tOSU, Tenn or Michigan - let alone Georgia. The only team they've whipped in conference play was OU at home.

That isn't to say they are undeserving of being ranked where they are and getting a shot at the CFP if they win out - but I think they're more on the level of LSU, USC, Bama than the teams that seem like actual title contenders. 

Which makes it even more inexcusable that we somehow pissed that game away with the way our D played. 

If by some miracle we win out and get to the CCG, I think we have really good shot at beating tcu and ruining their CFP chances. Right now I think Kstate is going to beat them in CCG, too. They have had some amazing breaks go their way to get to this point. They had what, four games in a row where they faced the back up or injured qb? They survive on the big play, and the teams in front of them will take that away just like we did(minus 2 plays) but actually capitalize on it. The amount of times they got into plus territory against us and still scored very little should be very alarming. Georgia, tOSU and Michigan will eat them up. 

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

From Joel Klatt’s show today:

ON TEXAS LOSING CLOSE GAMES…

“That's a massive problem. The fact that they lose it in different styles all the time. You know, like it's penalties one week and then all of a sudden it's like your offense went for 199 yards against TCU? I know TCU’s defense has gotten better, but that's a problem. Bijan Robinson only getting 12 carries and 29 yards? That's a problem. And I know that it wasn't like working, but doesn't this scream, remember when Ezekiel Elliott got 14 carries against Michigan State in 2015? That Ohio State team was so good and then they lose to Michigan State and Connor Cook. Why? Zeke got 14 carries … Sark has got to get over that. This feels a lot like when I defended and thought that it was a great hire, Scott Frost at Nebraska and I was like yeah, but you know these close losses, it'll turn it they'll start winning these close games at some point and then it's like, well, you know, the yeah, I know I get it but you know, still you know, like let's be patient and then it's finally like, oh gosh, this isn't working.

“And I'm not there with Sark. Obviously it's only a second year, but they've got to start winning these games. This is the point that I think is most apt for last week's game against TCU. If you're a good program, you win big games at home. It's what you do. Texas doesn't do that. They're 11-6 at home in the last three years … They've lost games that they shouldn't. Kansas last year, this game against TCU, you can't lose that game you got 100,000 people in the stands, and they're coming in there. And that's what happens? So Sark's got to do a better job, and it starts with like, and I know that this might sound like more of a personal shot, I like Sark a lot. You gotta burn that suit that you were wearing.”

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/LongFormArticle/College-football-USC-UCLA-Texas-struggles-LSUs-Brian-Kelly-among-Joel-Klatts-storylines-for-Week-12-197782913/Amp/

Edited by Nicole44
Forgot to add link to article so people can read the whole segment.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

He just did a whole radio segment on how the good coaches can turn around a team in 6 mo now instead of 3 years with NIL and the portal.

This is 100% true. It is also very upsetting to a significant number of posters on this board. 

8 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

This is 100% true. It is also very upsetting to a significant number of posters on this board. 

I get why they are in the bargaining and denial stage. Deflecting and what not. We can all see what’s happening with our team and with 1st and 2nd year coaches. It’s depressing. Plus, it sucks to have to start over again especially if we’re just going to let the BMDS do all the hiring. Sark has to get an OC and pay attention to the actual fucking game. I don’t give a fuck what spectacular play he calls if the players can’t execute it. Time and again. I don’t care how he’s brilliant at calling pass plays when the two best players on our roster aren’t getting 20 carries a game. You work with what you have. Most great coaches can do that. Period. Most great HC realize they need a damn OC. Most don’t squat and squint and bury their nose in the playbook in game while even causal watchers and dipshits on Twitter can see that Ewers has got shit mechanics. He didn’t even notice Quinn was struggling and kept his nose in that playbook. Sure he will have an easier time with Arch because Arch will work hard and isn’t just coasting on a great arm. He’ll have less to work on mechanics wise than he does now.

Sark didn’t even approach Quinn in game to talk about his footwork etc…just kept letting him revert to poor mechanics. Over and over. 

People can be in denial all they want. It won’t change the wins or losses. I’d rather have a HC that can come in and win with the talent at hand. It can be done. We just don’t have that guy. And that’s depressing. Hopefully, Sark will hire an OC so that he can you know focus on shit happening during the fucking game. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Well according to this link, TCU is almost all Juniors and Seniors on the starting roster.  There's like one freshman starting.

https://www.frogsowar.com/2022/8/29/23327704/tcu-football-2022-depth-chart-week-one-colorado

I think I'll wait until next year before I start sucking Dykes off like the majority of this board are...

No one is sucking off Dykes. That team isn’t particularly good and is going to get their ass kicked by any playoff team.

Thats the point though. We are getting beat down in a conference that is terrible. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I’ve been to three Florida games this year and watched the rest on TV. The difference between how the season started for UF and the 2nd half ass whipping they laid on A&M and absolute demolition of USC last weekend is a whole different team than started the year.

I’ve been to three Florida games this year and watched the rest on TV. The difference between how the season started for UF and the 2nd half ass whipping they laid on A&M and absolute demolition of USC last weekend is a whole different team than started the year.

Could they beat KState? On the road. At night.

By the way I’m not saying our season or trajectory is heading. But the trajectory can change the next two weeks.

For the past two seasons, we’ve won fewer games than we easily could or should have. That isn’t changing no matter how the next 3-4 games go.

7 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I would hope there wouldn't even need to be a discussion. Liepold took over a team that was 7-38 with no bowl wins over the previous four seasons. Sark took over a team that was 32-18 with 4 bowl wins over the previous four seasons. Lets not even talk about the advantages that Texas has with roster talent, football resources, etc....

If Liepold goes 2-0 over Sark, it should be obvious to everyone that the clown needs to go. And I don't give a fuck what Manning or any of our other recruits would do as a result, because a second consecutive loss to KU would prove this joke of a coaching staff has no clue what to do with a talent advantage. Start over and try not to hire a guy with "7 win" as his nickname. Its fucking laughable, but if I was AD, this would be a must win for Sark in year 2 if he wants to coach at UT. We SHOULD absolutely skull fuck KU with the talent disparity between the two schools. Sadly, we'll probably be slugging it out in the 4th qtr.

Sadly I expect to lose. I think Quinn is fucked in the head at this point and Sark has now repeatedly proven that he won't pull him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Joel is as frustrated as we are. He sees the talent level being wasted and calls it as is.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jinx said:

I mean, A&M and USC are the 2 of the worst teams in the SEC along with Vandy.

Winning back to back games against them isn’t saying much. Not sure how much you can take away from those games.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

All these "new" coaches with success all have QBs playing at a high level. We don't. If we did we'd be one of those teams.

If only we had some talent at the QB position. Whats that?

image.png.e19802a996ae1c0acdff401c81a9b302.png

I get it, rankings are more of a prediction than a guarantee. Still, I was told Sark was some kind of QB guru. Our hotshot QB looked great early in the season and is now regressing each week. I put that blame squarely on Sark. 

• Hook 'Em 5

13 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Can't tell if serious?

SR 4 year starter...25 TD / 2 int.

2531 yds passing, 66% completion rate.

Zero attention paid to TCU until Texas.  Hell, I've missed most of football season in general...

Thanks for answering. Yes.

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

Could they beat KState? On the road. At night.

By the way I’m not saying our season or trajectory is heading. But the trajectory can change the next two weeks.

For the past two seasons, we’ve won fewer games than we easily could or should have. That isn’t changing no matter how the next 3-4 games go.

Would they beat this Texas team if they met on a neutral field this weekend?  Absolutely