This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

Remember when the excuses were that the QBs weren’t good enough to make all the throws needed for Sarks offense last year? Remember when Hudson just wasn’t good enough while Quinn was out and that’s why we lost? So what’s the excuse now? Quinn’s a second year freshman who has the footwork of a sophomore in HS? Seems like coaching could be a problem at that position 

• Hook 'Em 5

Remember when the excuses were that the QBs weren’t good enough to make all the throws needed for Sarks offense last year? Remember when Hudson just wasn’t good enough while Quinn was out and that’s why we lost? So what’s the excuse now? Quinn’s a second year freshman who has the footwork of a sophomore in HS? Seems like coaching could be a problem at that position 

It would be the most Texas football thing ever if Steve Fucking Sarkisian came to Texas and suddenly couldn’t develop quarterbacks.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Game are painful to watch.  Sark is the college equivalent of Wade Phillips.  He is a well liked (even loved by those around him), an elite coordinator but not a head coach.  And just like Wade at his head coaching stints, Sark will get three years before we move on. He shouldn’t but he will.  

Unlike Herman or Strong, Sark will the team in good shape for the next coach.  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Every situation is not the same my guy. You are literally making the point for me. Strong was a good coach everywhere he went until here and then he went downhill. So we can look at his tenure and say "Strong is a good coach", but the circumstances he was in had a lot to do with that, right? Worked with Urban, then went to a team that had recruiting ties to Florida and lucked into a great college QB. Then he gets here and literally can't get a decent QB and can't recruit, the two things he was said to be good at coming in. So you can't pay attention to previous situations. 

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

It would be the most Texas football thing ever if Steve Fucking Sarkisian came to Texas and suddenly couldn’t develop quarterbacks.

Whatever is happening with Quinn starts with his footwork or lack thereof. I get that footwork is wildly different and allows for much more creativity. But when you are throwing from the pocket, and you bucket step every single throw you’re going to have problems staying accurate, especially mid to downfield.

It’s like we pretend he is Mahomes or Allen who can achieve things that are simply unprecedented with their arms, and they do it regardless of footwork. At some point you have to prove you have that sort of arm before you can ignore the basics.

It’s either Sarks fault for not noticing and correcting it, or it’s Quinn’s fault for not doing it. Either way that’s a coaching problem 

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

8 or 9 its more than we can block, which constitutes a loaded box. Yes it is middle school football as well as NFL football. That's what you do when you think the opponent can only hurt you in the running game. We threw it and we didn't get the job done. Simple as that. You can say it's on Sark to have his players ready or whatever you want. We didn't get it done. However, this whole winners win shit is a laugher. Saban was this exact kind of coach until he wasn't. Go look at the coach we just played against. One winning season(8 wins) at Cal and here he is looking at a playoff berth. I am just watching the games and waiting to see if we turn the corner. We've shown flashes. Just choosing not to be a pessimist. 

Stop with the “BUT WHAT ABOUT NICK SABAN”. 

its bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

Not trying to play Card for even one series is criminal and Sark needs to be asked about it repeatedly on Monday. Don't let him get away with a BS "wouldn't be fair to Hudson" answer.  It's not fair to Quinn to keep throwing him into the fire when it looks like he decided ballet was his real passion over football a few weeks ago and he's playing at gunpoint right now.  He's missing most of his throws, he's throwing into triple coverage instead of finding a wide-open Worthy in the end zone, he's throwing short when Bijan is all alone behind his target.  Hudson has improved in taking care of the ball this season...6 TDs, 1 INT, he's looked more comfortable in the pocket, and his drives have been leading to scores.  We scored 34 against Tech in probably his worst game, where he was hobbling around and didn't have Worthy in the second half, so Tech was able to play shallow because they weren't worried about getting burned deep.  34 points would have been plenty if our D played like they did against TCU.  It's not fair to Hudson, who worked all off-season to get better, who is completing 14% more passes and taking less sacks, to not see if he can jump-start an absolutely lifeless offense where no one trusts Quinn anymore.  Lincoln [i eat dicks for breakfast] Riley would have benched Quinn long ago, and that's why he wins games.  For whatever reason, Sark refuses to change up his QB or gameplan, just like he refuses to acknowledge the deep pass to Worthy isn't working, yet he keeps going back to it like it will.  18 straight fucking drives resulting in 6 points.

I’ve got a feeling he starts Card these last two games.

Of course I had a feeling we’d manhandle TCU so take that for whatever it’s worth

26 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Nobody thought it was possible to snatch Riley away from OU to a dumpster fire USC program. He was on top of the conference and making the playoffs with ease every year. My point being, you never score on shots you don't take.

Maybe it's Day, Harbaugh or Swinney, or someone else like them we should go after, but it seems like UT is content spending $5-6M a year on up and coming coaches instead of opening up our massive oil rich wallets.

Harbaugh is a Michigan lifer. That's not happening. Swinney, maybe but he's too hokey Christian to make a move to a spot for heathens like Austin. You guys have got to stop over-inflating the value of Austin and our program's reputation. Ohio State is a football factory. They are about developing talent and putting them in the NFL, all while winning conference championships and competing/winning the playoff. It will take a special type coach to want to come here, with our decades of mediocrity and build this up to a winner. I don't think any of those guys would want to leave their comfortable positions to go to Austin.

• Hook 'Em 1

Terrible O-line play was a major contributor to the destruction of the Horns offense last night.  But bringing Card in during the 2nd half would not have helped

With no running game, and Card's terrible pocket presence the tcu rush would have had even more sacks.  

Card holds the ball too long and is terrible against pressure.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Terrible O-line play was a major contributor to the destruction of the Horns offense last night.  But bringing Card in during the 2nd half would not have helped

With no running game, and Card's terrible pocket presence the tcu rush would have had even more sacks.  

Card would have at least evaded the pass rush some and created with his feet. And here’s the thing, it literally could not have been any worse. We didn’t score.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I know he was at Austin Fashion week but still:

some of this is fixable but Sark has to be amenable to fixing it…cuz it would require making some changes on his part. He needs a true OC or he needs to sit up in the booth and watch the fucking game. Squatting and burying his nose in the playbook isn’t working. Only field goals in the second half of the last few games? That’s Sark. I know he’s arrogant and when he was at Washington he said he was hired for his play calling and that is his super power so to speak and not giving it up. If he’s not going to interact with players on the sideline his ass needs to be in the booth. I don’t see him giving up OC duties so if he is too stubborn to do that he needs to actually see the damn game because as our schedule gets harder he disappears in the second half. I’m not changing my mind on this. 

Dykes, Riley, DeBoer, etc…how are they doing? At their new schools? DeBoer has won every fucking place he’s ever been. Sark’s record shows you who he is 3-5 wtf losses a season. Period. If he won’t change he won’t be here beyond a few more years. I don’t know if Quinn is hurt or what. I do know he’s regressing. I see our defense has been playing better each week…for the most part. That’s not Sark’s side of the ball. How can you not score an offensive TD last night? How can you only score field goals in the second half of the last few games? If our D does not punch that ball out against a KState team that was driving last week we lose that game too. How are the first and second year coaches doing with their new teams? Check out the AP top 25 poll. Some of them are doing really well. It’s not the talent it’s the fucking HC. Period. HC pulls Ewers and works with him and talks to him on the sideline and asks him what’s going on. Sark squints, squats, stares at his playbook and disappears in the second half.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

I don't know, Maybe the broken bone in Duggan's foot had something to do with it. Remember your ringing endorsement will be here with Sonny Dukes from here on. 

Who is Sonny Dukes and when did I call him out as anything other than “better than Sarkisian”?

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Card would have at least evaded the pass rush some and created with his feet. And here’s the thing, it literally could not have been any worse. We didn’t score.

Oh it could have been worse... you have forgotten pick 6's thrown by Card in the past when under pressure...  😬😬😬😬😬

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

I’ve got a feeling he starts Card these last two games.

Of course I had a feeling we’d manhandle TCU so take that for whatever it’s worth

I see Ewers starting and if he doesn't look good, I hope he gets yanked by halftime.  If he doesn't, Sark's going to ride him to his own demise.

56 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

True, Cal is Cal.  Sark has been head coach at Washington, USC, and Texas.  Those are three programs that can be in the playoff hunt and win championships.  That should most definitely be taken into account when considering Sark can’t get it done at any of those places.

You can’t look at a coach’s past performances, they don’t mean anything.

lol

Edited by lilMAC25

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Oh it could have been worse... you have forgotten pick 6's thrown by Card in the past when under pressure...  😬😬😬😬😬

You have forgotten those were from last year and Card has only thrown one pick this season in 107 attempts (which wasn't even a terrible throw -- he didn't see safety help coming over), while under pressure and playing with an injury.  Meanwhile, Quinn has thrown 6 in 212 attempts.

Edited by OU Sucks

10 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

I see Ewers starting and if he doesn't look good, I hope he gets yanked by halftime.  If he doesn't, Sark's going to ride him to his own demise.

If he’s not getting yanked against Ok St and now TCU, he’s not getting yanked in the next one.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

You have forgotten those were from last year and Card has only thrown one pick this season in 107 attempts (which wasn't even a terrible throw -- he didn't see safety help coming over), while under pressure and playing with an injury.  Meanwhile, Quinn has thrown 6 in 212 attempts.

Doesn't change the point I made.

Card could have been worse... 😋

1 hour ago, UTEE97 said:

Austin vs. Columbus - need I say more? Could OU keep Riley if they matched USC's offer? Would Riley still stay in Norman?

Coaches don’t choose universities based on the city they are in. This is simple message  board thinking that is dumb as fuck and should stop.

Good Christ 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Doesn't change the point I made.

Card could have been worse... 😋

And we'll never know because Sark is too stubborn to try to inject some life into an offense that has gone 18 straight drives that have netted 6 total points and zero TDs, with prime field position in quite a few of them.  He is the OC.  He is the head coach.  He has control of everything and that's his side of the ball.  It's inexcusable to go 1 1/2+ games with an offense that can't move the ball without trying something to shake things up.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, UTEE97 said:

We missed our opportunity with Riley. There is no way he is leaving LA, but I don't see why we couldn't money whip Day from Columbus.

Well, if you find a 10 who adores you and the sex is great and everything's working and you can spend the rest of your life with her, how interested are you in chasing a 6 who used to be a 10 and might be a 10 again someday if you can do a lot of work with her to help her drop 25 pounds and go through couples therapy together and so on?

• Haha 4

By many metrics that PFF has, Card is better than Ewers both under pressure and when blitzed and many when blitzed. Ewers does get rid of it quicker, but his completion % is easily lower, his turnovers are greater, his turnover worthy plays are higher, his yards per attempt is lower.

Throwing too early consistently is worse than a few sacks. Perhaps you’ve heard of Joe Burrow. Gets sacked. A lot. But a 5 yard sack then a 15 yard completion is better than two incompletions.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Could some of the issue with Ewers also be with our poor running game? I really don't understand the hype around Bijan Robinson. He's an incredible individual athlete but his numbers just aren't there. I don't know why people think he's a Heisman candidate. Not even top 50 in yards per carry and even as a team we're middle of the pack. 

Sark does have this going for him so there’s that. I don’t think we are being too hard on Sark. I expect year over year improvement (not just in the wins and losses department) with player development. How can continued second half collapses be improvement? Not a Casey Thompson fan but it wasn’t all him. It’s Sark. Ewers is regressing or hurt but more than that Sark seemed oblivious to his play last night and against Okie Lite. A good HC works with the players and gets the very most out of them. I’m not seeing that on the offensive side of the ball. Last night was a winnable game and I saw no urgency from him on the sideline or a willingness to change things up a bit to get the “W” and it wasn’t just an “off night” for the offense…they are showing cracks and have been all year. 

11E37A8D-63C6-4B94-8B6B-FAB2A49566DA.jpeg

Whatever is happening with Quinn starts with his footwork or lack thereof. I get that footwork is wildly different and allows for much more creativity. But when you are throwing from the pocket, and you bucket step every single throw you’re going to have problems staying accurate, especially mid to downfield.
It’s like we pretend he is Mahomes or Allen who can achieve things that are simply unprecedented with their arms, and they do it regardless of footwork. At some point you have to prove you have that sort of arm before you can ignore the basics.
It’s either Sarks fault for not noticing and correcting it, or it’s Quinn’s fault for not doing it. Either way that’s a coaching problem 

His footwork was poor Vs Bama too but we overlooked that because he had smooth, quick releases. I think the regression is mostly mental and I’m not sure if Sark is the right mentor for QBs who don’t have that strong internal drive.

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

It’s amazing isn’t it. 

But some jackass will come tell us how his 12 touches weren’t good so why should we give him more

What’s crazy is that Ewers was awful last night and we had him pass like 40 times. But we let Bijan carry only 12 times. The stubborn and stupid is strong with Sark sometimes. Second half collapses are almost entirely on him. It sucks to watch. Get a damn OC or sit in the damn booth. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

Sark is too stupid to use Roschon and Bijan for 45 combined touches.

If we lose to Kansas and those two are not given 40 plus touches while Joe Dirt heaves 40 plus passes not connecting on any deep throws to Worthy, I’m flying a banner for Baylor. 

I’m still fuming from last night and the wife gave me the go ahead. Let’s hope it does not come to that but if it does I will need help from surly on what to put on the banner. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

If we lose to Kansas and those two are not given 40 plus touches while Joe Dirt heaves 40 plus passes not connecting on any deep throws to Worthy, I’m flying a banner for Baylor. 

I’m still fuming from last night and the wife gave me the go ahead. Let’s hope it does not come to that but if it does I will need help from surly on what to put on the banner. 

I don’t want to lose to Kansas, but count surly in. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1