This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

That was the thought that kept going through my head last night. We don’t have any playmakers. No one that can step up and make a play when it’s needed.

@TexArcher we’ve had talent on paper for the past 13 years.

Watch’em play.

And, when that handful of guys is who you have to rely on, whether by design or Ewers' limitations, it starts getting easy to defend.

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

That was the thought that kept going through my head last night. We don’t have any playmakers. No one that can step up and make a play when it’s needed.

@TexArcher we’ve had talent on paper for the past 13 years.

Watch’em play.

Right.  We've had talent on paper for the last 13 years and it hasn't been developed because we've had shitty coaches.

It's either that or every scout in the country has been wrong about a ton of players for 13 years in a row.

Jesus Christ, I can't believe people are trying to let Sark off the hook here.  He single-handedly lost two road games with double-digit leads in the second half.  And he damn near did it again against K State.

I'm not saying this roster is '05, '08, '09.  But for Christ's sake it oughtta be better than whichever who-gives-a-shit bowl we're heading to.

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Other teams, including TCU, have backups or non-marquee players that step up and make plays.  We don't seem to.

We had three receivers catch balls last night.  TCU had 11.

Hmm, I wonder what changed from last year when TCU went 5-7 and 3-6 in conference, when these non-marquee guys didn't step up, till now, where they are undefeated and stepping up?  No idea.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

He’s been really disappointing.

One other thought I had last night is I wouldn’t mind if he hit the portal at the end of the year.

I know you’re not supposed to say that about elite speed, but counting on him to make a play when you need it is a losing recipe.

Or...get a QB who can throw a semi accurate deep ball. That's the quandary 

Just now, TexArcher said:

Right.  We've had talent on paper for the last 13 years and it hasn't been developed because we've had shitty coaches.

It's either that or every scout in the country has been wrong about a ton of players for 13 years in a row.

Jesus Christ, I can't believe people are trying to let Sark off the hook here.  He single-handedly lost two road games with double-digit leads in the second half.  And he damn near did it again against K State.

I'm not saying this roster is '05, '08, '09.  But for Christ's sake it oughtta be better than whichever who-gives-a-shit bowl we're heading to.

Sorry letting Sark off the hook isn’t my intention.

He’s trash.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, bschoolprof said:

Hmm, I wonder what changed from last year when TCU went 5-7 and 3-6 in conference, when these non-marquee guys didn't step up, till now, where they are undefeated and stepping up?  No idea.  

Exactly.  TCU and LSU were dogshit last year and they replaced their coaches and now they're immediately in the hunt for conference championships.

But not us, no, it take 3 to 4 years to build a winner at Texas because we have talent issues.

Give me a fucking break.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

The book on Sark is play a light box, have all of your linebackers crash the line at the snap to snuff out the run and man up our receivers outside. If you can block well Bijan can exploit that with big plays but if not, Sark only knows how to dial up the deep ball to Worthy. It’s terrifying how simple it is to scheme against our coach. 

The book on stopping Texas is printed, published, and delivered to fine retailers near you. Take away the run and make one of the most revered offensive minds/QB developers of a generation, the highest rated QB recruit ever, and multiple 5 star pass catchers beat you by throwing the ball, because if you’re half decent in coverage they probably can’t.

lol what a world.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

I don’t k ow how much of it is on Ewers and how much is on Worthy but we waste at least 10 offensive snaps per game throwing deep balls that don’t have even a prayer of being completed.

I think Ewers tends to over throw but god damn he's already jogging when the ball hits the ground. He makes zero effort whatsoever to bail out a bad throw. What a lazy fuck if every ball has to be perfect for him to catch it. That's not how being a WR works.

Edited by Pam Cummings

9 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

Sark’s body language on the sidelines when shit turns sideways tells you all you need to know.

He squats down and buried his face in his play sheet and stares confused into the distance. How many times when they cut to a sideline shot is he taking to a player or another coach? Ya know…coaching?

He gets overwhelmed by the moment and goes to his happy place, which is staring at a bunch of plays on a piece of paper while the game goes on without him.

What was his Tom Herman bullshit in the tunnel before we came out where he is shoving players? It looked totally ridiculous and even the players seemed like WTF. It looked like someone scared to death trying to cover for it by fake “hyping” his players.

That was one of the most disappointing losses in a long time because it showed we really aren’t going anywhere with Sark as coach. Hopefully he at least stockpiles talent for the next guy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I was dead wrong on Sark, but many of us were, including the Op @lilMAC25 . Not that Sark was not a good HC.  I think 95% of the intelligent fans on this site knew it the second he was hired.  But we all assumed he was a great OC. Hell, I even started a thread about how Sark's offense fucks.  

What I'm realizing now is Sark is good at one, important, element of being an OC - scheming and play design.  He draws up some beauties.  But he is not great at self scouting, adjustments, and playcalling.  In addition to "seven win Steve,'" he should also be known as "plan A Steve."  There is no plan B. Whether it comes to a particular play or a player.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

Just now, jinx said:

What was his Tom Herman bullshit in the tunnel before we came out where he is shoving players? It looked totally ridiculous and even the players seemed like WTF. It looked like someone scared to death trying to cover for it by fake “hyping” his players.

That was one of the most disappointing losses in a long time because it showed we really aren’t going anywhere with Sark as coach. Hopefully he at least stockpiles talent for the next guy. 

Don't worry we took care of that independent of the coaching staff. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

How many QB designed runs did we see last night? Zero maybe. Quinn took off once on a rollout that I can remember and went for five easy yards before sliding. That's about 3 or 4 more ypc than everyone else. If your QB isn't healthy enough to run, then he shouldn't be in there. We've seen Card turn it on a time or two. We know he can run, even though he has an ankle problem right now.

I can't recall ever seeing a team so devoid of playmaking ability. Looks to me like that's on the coaches. They're wasting this talent. They're shitty coaches. The more Ewers plays under their tutelage, the worse he gets.

Just now, jinx said:

Tunnel was actually the moment I went from still in to WTH am I sure to he's not capable of handling the spotlight.

9 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

I don’t k ow how much of it is on Ewers and how much is on Worthy but we waste at least 10 offensive snaps per game throwing deep balls that don’t have even a prayer of being completed.

That's a problem that should have been solved by week three. Ewers may be the worst deep ball passer we've seen here in decades.

23 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

We really have seemingly nothing other than the marquee players.

Billingsley got a target, big drop.  Milton got one and backpedaled oob for no reason.  Sanders and Whitt had early drops.  Worthy worthied unworthily.

Other teams, including TCU, have backups or non-marquee players that step up and make plays.  We don't seem to.

We had three receivers catch balls last night.  TCU had 11.

This has been one of our biggest issues over the last decade plus. We supposedly have tons of talented players but we have very few playmakers.

Other teams have players that make tough catches when covered or break tackles for big gains. We have Bijan and RoJo but failed to feature either, and sometimes JWitt and JT who we found in the 2nd half but not early or often enough. I can’t name any other playmakers on offense. 

12 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Exactly.  TCU and LSU were dogshit last year and they replaced their coaches and now they're immediately in the hunt for conference championships.

But not us, no, it take 3 to 4 years to build a winner at Texas because we have talent issues.

Give me a fucking break.

Let’s not forget USC. 4-8 to currently 8-1.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

Are we doing this? Is everyone out? 

I was never really in.  That's what I tell all the girls.

But, yes, Sark is done here.  He'll get another year or two to keep floundering about, but we all know how this will play out.

Also, you should consider changing the thread title to Fire Sark or start a new one with that name.  It's a tradition after all and we are getting close to the holidays.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bschoolprof said:

I was never really in.  That's what I tell all the girls.

But, yes, Sark is done here.  He'll get another year or two to keep floundering about, but we all know how this will play out.

Also, you should consider changing the thread title to Fire Sark or start a new one with that name.  It's a tradition after all and we are getting close to the holidays.  

That's why I was asking. It feels like it's time, but I'm deferring to the community. 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Criminal. Just absolutely, infuriatingly brain-dead to not get our generational RB the ball in space on a single swing pass… If Bijan had been given the ball ~25 times, he would’ve broken at least one. 

We need two RBs in there on every play. LBs and Linemen won't be able to key on just one. You can swing one out, or over the middle, and you still have one in the backfield to block blitzing LBs. The Cowboys, with Aikman, Smith and Johnston were unstoppable. Would have won 4 SBs in a row if the refs had been doing their job in that SF championship game. They were unstoppable.

And don't forget that Bijan was wide open for a TD in the fourth QTR and Ewers didn't see him. Wide open. Ewers needs to sit until he gets his head on straight. Why do I think he and Worthy have a feud going?

1 minute ago, immamac said:

That's why I was asking. It feels like it's time, but I'm deferring to the community. 

We started a Fire Charlie thread on game 1 of his second season (2015 ND), despite anti-Charlie speech being heavily censored since he's just "such a good guy".

We started the Fire Tom Herman thread on his very first game (2017 MD), because he actually was a piece of shit.

Why should Sark get a pass after 21 games?

• Hook 'Em 1

Is it time in the sense that he’s in any kind of danger of losing his job this year? No.

Is the majority of the fan base seeing the light? I honestly don’t know. I think Surly is, finally, almost there, but this is a small portion of the overall fanbase. There was a lot of “we just fired a 7-3 coach?” outside of this site when Herman was dismissed. There’s probably a lot of folks out there that would want to give him time with Ewers.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

Has to be back to doing coke, right?  No other explanation for that abortion  

What’s clear is his decision-making capabilities are atrocious. And he’s making a lot of decisions. So that’s not good.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Let's see what happens in the next three games.

What else do you need to see?

Hell yeah, I'm out on Sark.  You are your record and he's 11-11.  

Fire his ass on Monday and let Patterson take over.  Jesus, we have a coordinator as our head coach and a head coach as a consultant.

We won't do that, of course.  We'll probably split our last two games then win the Tidy Bowl.  And Sark will spend the whole offseason talking about how improving from 5 wins to 8 wins is a big jump in just one season, and he'll feed us a bunch of other coachspeak bullshit, then he'll win us 6 to 8 games for a couple more seasons before we fire his ass and go hire another Young Head Coach With Potential to be The Guy for 25 Years.

Prove me wrong, Bellmont.  Quit trying the same dumbass play and expecting it to work this time.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I also want to mention that Sark should be fired today for that clown suit he wore pre-game yesterday.

What a fucking joke.

He had just come from the 14th annual Austin fashion show, geez dude give him a break. There was a sliver of orange in his suit and that longhorn lapel pin, so choice. The ladies on the runway loved it.

57035750-B24F-478D-A9F4-5A3D15A5E327.jpeg

Edited by troph

6 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I think Ewers tends to over throw but god damn he's already jogging when the ball hits the ground. He makes zero effort whatsoever to bail out a bad throw. What a lazy fuck if every ball has to be perfect for him to catch it. That's not how being a WR works.

I was at the game last night and this is exactly the post I was about to write.  Worthy slowed down on a few deep balls and made no effort to catch anything that wasn’t right in his hands while in stride.  

What is killing this offense is the O LIne.   We are playing a bunch of true freshmen and the upper class men on O Line shows how bad the previous recruiting was. They got their shit pushed in last night.  They sucked at run blocking and pass blocking.  It also looked like there were quite a few pass plays where the pocket started collapsing and all 3 or 4 receivers were totally covered so Quinn had nowhere to really go with the ball.  I also noticed a few times when Quinn threw an incompletion there were 2 receivers right next to each other which I am pretty sure was a screw up by one of the receivers.  I get Ewers threw plenty of bad passes last night and missing Bijan on the wide open wheel route was unbelievably bad but he got little help from the O line, the receivers running wrong routes, dropping balls in their hands and not going to get balls that weren’t perfect.  Basically everyone sucked on O. 

As far as Sark goes, I have defended him to this point but man he called a bad game last night.   How many times is he going to hand off to Bijan from the Shotgun to the short side of the field for no gain?  Seemed like we ran that play a bunch and it just wastes a down.   Also, at some point what I said above about the O line, WR’s, and QB has to fall on Sark.  The team is very undisciplined as far as penalties and mistakes and once again that has to fall on Sark also.  2 roughing the kicker penalties (I know one wasn’t but they shouldn’t have been near the flopper kicker) is just a sign of a poorly coached team.  The defensive back letting the TCU WR have a wide open TD was brutal also.  At this point I am willing to wait the last few games and see what happens.  If we somehow win both and go 8-4 it is kind of what most of us expected/hoped this year after a 5-7 season last year.  The guy is here for another year if not 2 so like others have said hopefully he can continue to stockpile talent and some of these O Line men will be better once they are sophomores and juniors and not true freshmen playing on the O line. With enough talent and depth he could be another Mack Brown.  Not a great coach but someone who wins 10 games a year on talent alone.  Yeah, it probably won’t happen but one can dream. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

We started a Fire Charlie thread on game 1 of his second season (2015 ND), despite anti-Charlie speech being heavily censored since he's just "such a good guy".

We started the Fire Tom Herman thread on his very first game (2017 MD), because he actually was a piece of shit.

Why should Sark get a pass after 21 games?

Honestly, with the severe turnover just hoping beyond hope that it would work out and that he would be the offensive version of the Saban disciple Smart has been. Either that or resignation to being mediocre forever.

3 minutes ago, troph said:

He had just come from the 14th annual Austin fashion show, geez dude give him a break. There was a sliver of orange in his suit and that longhorn lapel pin, so choice. The ladies on the runway loved it.

57035750-B24F-478D-A9F4-5A3D15A5E327.jpeg

If that doesn’t sum up our football program I don’t know what does.

All flash, no substance.

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I was at the game last night and this is exactly the post I was about to write.  Worthy slowed down on a few deep balls and made no effort to catch anything that wasn’t right in his hands while in stride.  

He's been doing this all season. I'm not sure if he's left his feet for a ball yet. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, lilMAC25 said:

No way @Thatguy has given up. He still wishes we had Strong patrolling the sidelines turning down penalties that would give us first downs.

And you have been disguising yourself as a Texas fan just to shit on the program for the last 12 years. Must be aggy. You and @6th Street literally never have anything positive to say. 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Thatguy said:

And you have been disguising yourself as a Texas fan just to shit on the program for the last 12 years. Must be aggy. You and @6th Street literally never have anything positive to say. 

You don’t get extra fan points for not holding coaches and players accountable.

You just make yourself look like a moron.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Red Five said:

He's been doing this all season. I'm not sure if he's left his feet for a ball yet. 

It was the first game I have been to in like 5 years so you could definitely see it better in person more than on TV and like I said in my post, Worthy never fights for a ball it seems and dogs most of the plays.  He may be the most over rated WR I have ever seen.  He has speed but half assing everything and shitty hands is a bad combination.