This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

3 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Pretty sure Kansas State would have to lose another game.

Correct. And that would be the mother of all sliding into a championship game circumstances like a garbage truck driving in reverse down the street — you could hear the warning beeps coming from miles way.

29f GIF

• Haha 1

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

You don’t get extra fan points for not holding coaches and players accountable.

You just make yourself look like a moron.

Some of us wait to see what is going to happen before going all in on the hate train. I know we should be undefeated, but you guys are losing your damn minds on a season where we could finish 8-4 after everyone suggesting that we would likely finish 8-4 or 7-5. Think of how moronic that sounds. Everyone says 7-5 or 8-4 is likely where we will be. Then we are right on track for that and you guys are literally pulling your hair out. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Some of us wait to see what is going to happen before going all in on the hate train. I know we should be undefeated, but you guys are losing your damn minds on a season where we could finish 8-4 after everyone suggesting that we would likely finish 8-4 or 7-5. Think of how moronic that sounds. Everyone says 7-5 or 8-4 is likely where we will be. Then we are right on track for that and you guys are literally pulling your hair out. 

It’s how we get to 7-5 / 8-4 the implosions and disappearing acts are indicative of a pattern that extends to every year he’s been a head coach. He will lose 2-3 (or more) when with the talent of Alabama if he doesn’t have a head coach over him. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Everyone predicting 7-5 because our head coach is not very good is not the same as setting 7-5 as the acceptable bar.  If we swapped coaching staffs last night, we'd probably be 9-1.  

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

I was never really in.  That's what I tell all the girls.

But, yes, Sark is done here.  He'll get another year or two to keep floundering about, but we all know how this will play out.

Also, you should consider changing the thread title to Fire Sark or start a new one with that name.  It's a tradition after all and we are getting close to the holidays.  

I think we should leave it as is, maybe ADD that or start a new one. I called this shit back then and was negged to Bolivia. Those folks can go fuck themselves and their mothers

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

This team is not improving. Actually, the side of the ball he is wholly responsible for is imploding before your very eyes.

What are you waiting to see in order to decide whether or not Sark is the coach that can lead this program to championships?

Its plainly obvious he can’t, by the way. Just curious what you’re going to need to see in order to realize it.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

It was the first game I have been to in like 5 years so you could definitely see it better in person more than on TV and like I said in my post, Worthy never fights for a ball it seems and dogs most of the plays.  He may be the most over rated WR I have ever seen.  He has speed but half assing everything and shitty hands is a bad combination.

Finally someone is seeing it. He is almost never running hard. Doesn't fight for the ball. Doesn't run his routes AWAY from closing DBs, you know....where Quinn is throwing it most of the time. Drops balls. Doesn't understand body positioning. And most importantly, is extremely contact shy. 

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

This team is not improving. Actually, the side of the ball he is wholly responsible for is imploding before your very eyes.

What are you waiting to see in order to decide whether or not Sark is the coach that can lead this program to championships?

Its plainly obvious he can’t, by the way. Just curious what you’re going to need to see in order to realize it.

And if this team is 9-4 after the bowl game?

6 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

It was the first game I have been to in like 5 years so you could definitely see it better in person more than on TV and like I said in my post, Worthy never fights for a ball it seems and dogs most of the plays.  He may be the most over rated WR I have ever seen.  He has speed but half assing everything and shitty hands is a bad combination.

Bobby Burton said last night that a former walk-on QB at Texas told him Worthy gets knocked off of his routes too easily.

Really wish Neyor hadn't gotten hurt this year.  

Finally someone is seeing it. He is almost never running hard. Doesn't fight for the ball. Doesn't run his routes AWAY from closing DBs, you know....where Quinn is throwing it most of the time. Drops balls. Doesn't understand body positioning. And most importantly, is extremely contact shy. 

It seems like a good coach would either sit someone playing this poorly or at a minimum not dial up play after worthless play to him.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Everyone predicting 7-5 because our head coach is not very good is not the same as setting 7-5 as the acceptable bar.  If we swapped coaching staffs last night, we'd probably be 9-1.  

So you think Freshman Ewers over Sr Duggan? You think Johnston over Worthy? You think their O-line is worse than our O-line? You guys are something man. It's like you think experience and individual player ability don't matter. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

He didn't think Strong should have been fired.  I'm not sure what he would need to see to make him sour on Sark.  

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I was at the game last night and this is exactly the post I was about to write.  Worthy slowed down on a few deep balls and made no effort to catch anything that wasn’t right in his hands while in stride.  

What is killing this offense is the O LIne.   We are playing a bunch of true freshmen and the upper class men on O Line shows how bad the previous recruiting was. They got their shit pushed in last night.  They sucked at run blocking and pass blocking.  It also looked like there were quite a few pass plays where the pocket started collapsing and all 3 or 4 receivers were totally covered so Quinn had nowhere to really go with the ball.  I also noticed a few times when Quinn threw an incompletion there were 2 receivers right next to each other which I am pretty sure was a screw up by one of the receivers.  I get Ewers threw plenty of bad passes last night and missing Bijan on the wide open wheel route was unbelievably bad but he got little help from the O line, the receivers running wrong routes, dropping balls in their hands and not going to get balls that weren’t perfect.  Basically everyone sucked on O. 

As far as Sark goes, I have defended him to this point but man he called a bad game last night.   How many times is he going to hand off to Bijan from the Shotgun to the short side of the field for no gain?  Seemed like we ran that play a bunch and it just wastes a down.   Also, at some point what I said above about the O line, WR’s, and QB has to fall on Sark.  The team is very undisciplined as far as penalties and mistakes and once again that has to fall on Sark also.  2 roughing the kicker penalties (I know one wasn’t but they shouldn’t have been near the flopper kicker) is just a sign of a poorly coached team.  The defensive back letting the TCU WR have a wide open TD was brutal also.  At this point I am willing to wait the last few games and see what happens.  If we somehow win both and go 8-4 it is kind of what most of us expected/hoped this year after a 5-7 season last year.  The guy is here for another year if not 2 so like others have said hopefully he can continue to stockpile talent and some of these O Line men will be better once they are sophomores and juniors and not true freshmen playing on the O line. With enough talent and depth he could be another Mack Brown.  Not a great coach but someone who wins 10 games a year on talent alone.  Yeah, it probably won’t happen but one can dream. 

Mack Brown? Lol, maybe 2009/2010 Mack Brown. He’s never gonna be MACK BROWN.

• Hook 'Em 1

My expectation going into the season was for 8-9 wins.

Still attainable

Granted, the way we're losing games wasn't expected.

Ewers turning shitty wasn't expected.  Makes me think he's injured in some way?

Worthy not giving a shit wasn't expected.

The defense being as bad as they have been, but seemingly having the ability to be good (Bama/last night)?  Patterson call those games?

Biggest surprise is the lack of offensive production in the 2nd halves.  I mean what the fuck are they doing at halftime?  

Beat Kansas, Beat Baylor, win bowl game...finish in the top 20

Build on the young talent and come back next year and do it all over..

So you think Freshman Ewers over Sr Duggan? You think Johnston over Worthy? You think their O-line is worse than our O-line? You guys are something man. It's like you think experience and individual player ability don't matter. 

It's not one game dude.  Look at the entirety of Sark's tenure as a HC.  He's a career .500 guy for a reason.  Last night was just one more data point consistent with that average.  

But it's futile arguing with a Strong apologist. 

I guess you can yell at clouds and sob into your "All Gas No Brakes" sweatshirt in a year or two when he's shitcanned.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, bschoolprof said:

It's not one game dude.  Look at the entirety of Sark's tenure as a HC.  He's a career .500 guy for a reason.  Last night was just one more data point consistent with that average.  

But it's futile arguing with a Strong apologist. 

I guess you can yell at clouds and sob into your "All Gas No Brakes" sweatshirt in a year or two when he's shitcanned.  

Speaking of strong, sark is one game better than Charlie after 22 games 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Probably not, but I would love to see the change in attitude around here if it does.

There are morons here that swing wildly based on one game. 

Zoom out and look at Sark’s tenure as a head coach. He is exactly who we hired.

Really bad hire. 

And guess what? We’ll make another bad hire once he’s canned. Oh well.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

And you have been disguising yourself as a Texas fan just to shit on the program for the last 12 years. Must be aggy. You and @6th Street literally never have anything positive to say. 

You have zero idea of what you speak. For that matter, you are inconsistent within this thread.

For instance earlier in this thread, you blamed me of having Herman “as my boy”, which would mean that I liked Herman and spoke positively of him and the program.

Me pointing out that Sark is a fucking fraud and a loser doesn’t make me a bad fan, it makes me correct. Squeezing harder and pulling for Old Army like you do won’t make the team any better.

I don’t even care enough to point out the rest of your stupidity, so I invite you to go fuck yourself

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, closetohumping said:

Is there tangible proof that Sark was Sabans best OC?

No. Sark was calling plays with Tua, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs (😐), and Najee Harris. And at least a few first rounders on the offensive line.

This is the risk in hiring coordinators from big programs. You assume that they’ll be able to replicate what they did at their last stop when, in reality, 90% of their success was due to the head coach they worked under. Same reason why Belichick assistants constantly flame out as HC in the NFL.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Auto Driller said:

No. Sark was calling plays with Tua, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs (😐), and Najee Harris. And at least a few first rounders on the offensive line.

This is the risk in hiring coordinators from big programs. You assume that they’ll be able to replicate what they did at their last stop when, in reality, 90% of their success was due to the head coach they worked under. Same reason why Belichick assistants constantly flame out as HC in the NFL.

And then there's Georgia.

16 minutes ago, troph said:

No screens to Bijan was unforgivable. 

Im off the Sark bandwagon, but it was Quinn not throwing that wheel route to Bijan that was unforgivable.  Sark can’t be on the field telling the QB who to target.  He is responsible for making sure the players are prepared to play and replacing the ones who aren’t and that’s what is going to rightfully cost him his job eventually.

At least it’s an improvement right?  

Listen, Sark probably isnt the guy and will get fired after 2 more years if the W-L record still sucks but I don’t see another coach really doing much with this team as it is currently constructed either.  Sonny Dykes wouldn’t have this team playing any better.  That guy ain’t the next Nick Saban and based on what I have seen from TCU this year they barely won a bunch of games against a mediocre Big 12. I may be wrong but is TCU starting a freshmen QB, freshmen OL, Freshmen CB etc… TCU will get destroyed in the playoffs against OSU or UGA once the Big 12 refs aren’t calling their games.  Duggan was not that impressive last night but their WR is a total stud.  Better than anyone we had on the field last night. 

Edited by Beantown Express 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

You dont like the work of Bill O Brien, Rome Crennel, Matt Patricia, Josh McDaniels as head coaches?

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Yep, the dysfunction of us allowing BMDs/regents/presidents to make the hiring choices of our football coaches is mind bottling.  Let the AD handle it 100% and if he fucks it up, fire his ass.  It's not brain surgery.

Only hire that worked out in 6 decades is Mack, and DKR had to veto the BMD "brain trust" that was about to Gary fucking Barnett for that to happen.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

There are morons here that swing wildly based on one game. 

Zoom out and look at Sark’s tenure as a head coach. He is exactly who we hired.

Really bad hire. 

Exactly the intent of my OP. 

THIS IS WHO STEVE SARKISIAN IS. He’s a mediocre HC.

People think Sark might get fired after this year?  I have news for you he ain’t gettin fired after year three either.  He has Arch coming and this turd ship was burning long before he got here.  I guarantee the people in charge will give him a looooonnnnggg leash and extra opportunity to try to fix this program.  As long as he is showing progress and is recruiting well Sark isn’t going anywhere.  Settle down you bunch of bitches. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

At least it’s an improvement right?  

Listen, Sark probably isnt the guy and will get fired after 2 more years if the W-L record still sucks but I don’t see another coach really doing much with this team as it is currently constructed either.  Sonny Dykes wouldn’t have this team playing any better.  That guy ain’t the next Nick Saban and based on what I have seen from TCU this year they barely won a bunch of games against a mediocre Big 12. I may be wrong but is TCU starting a freshmen QB, freshmen OL, Freshmen CB etc… TCU will get destroyed in the playoffs against OSU or UGA once the Big 12 refs aren’t calling their games.  Duggan was not that impressive last night but their WR is a total stud.  Better than anyone we had on the field last night. 

TCU was utter dogshit last year with the same players. What change made the difference?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Strong came in and brought bad coordinators and cost himself some time. He also failed on the recruiting trail. Herman largely did the same thing, as well as having an offensive ideology that was always going to struggle here due to its low scoring nature. Then he starting running off players and couldn't get decent trench players. Sark came in with a decent coaching staff. Then he started recruiting the holes that we've been unable to recruit dating back to like 04. We haven't recruited a top level signal caller since 01. Everyone knows how we've been with linemen. I am seeing solid talent evaluation. However, the problem with not having guys previously means we have to play the young guys. So we have this weird mix of guys who suck and guys who are uber-talented but young. Every aspect of the team has had its moments, but we cannot quite put it all together. This team could implode or it could figure it out. Either one is completely possible. 

QB- I see a kid who has simple mechanical breakdowns which cause balls to sail on him. However, I also see a kid who gets the ball out lightening quick, and even though the balls might not be as on target as we want them to be, they are on time and with good touch, which is hard to teach. Young guys are going to get better at reads, its hard to teach the other things. 

Line- We are fucking up somewhere on that line on almost every snap. Despite that we are seeing NFL quality young guys who show flashes of brilliance just no consistency. Consistency comes after you get some experience. Guys are just out there blocking with their hair on fire not understanding what they are doing. 

WR/TE- NFL quality guys in this group too. Explosive guys. Physical guys. Just some primadonnas that need a lesson in team first and effort. 

RB- We already know. 

D-line- A lot of bodies and guys are starting to understand what they are supposed to be doing. Most improved group on the team. 

LB- Night and day difference here too. A lot of it is because of how clean they are getting to play due to what's in front of them. Next level is pass defense but they have the run game down. 

DB- We struggle here but I think a lot of it is because of the lack of pass rush we've shown to this point. Notice last night when the pass rush was good the back end was solid too. We are still young and make mistakes but that defense was stifling. A promising sign last night. 

I see the negative but I also see how it could be good. I guess I am just a positive person is all. Sue me. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Im off the Sark bandwagon, but it was Quinn not throwing that wheel route to Bijan that was unforgivable.  Sark can’t be on the field telling the QB who to target.  He is responsible for making sure the players are prepared to play and replacing the ones who aren’t and that’s what is going to rightfully cost him his job eventually.

QE’s decisions have been a problem and one that is actually forgivable he’s a freshman. But a designed screen is a one read (?) play design I don’t think it was called once. JW had two great WR plays why not Bijan?

1 minute ago, stork642 said:

People think Sark might get fired after this year?  I have news for you he ain’t gettin fired after year three either.  He has Arch coming and this turd ship was burning long before he got here.  I guarantee the people in charge will give him a looooonnnnggg leash and extra opportunity to try to fix this program.  As long as he is showing progress and is recruiting well Sark isn’t going anywhere.  Settle down you bunch of bitches. 

Herman went 7-3 last year and was fired. .700 winning % got him fired. Sark can’t sniff that. He might get 4 seasons, but he ain’t likely to get 5.

• Like 1