This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

31 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

So at this point, we are fucked. Not aggy fucked, but fucked. Getting rid of a HC after his 2nd season would make the program even less likely to attrack top tier HC. So in the meantime we have to hope Sark figures it out, and/or it really is the roster, the number of freshmen and RS freshmen, attrition, etc. Maybe the team matures and deveolpes under the position coaches to the point they can win inspite of the HC. Worked once. That was a very special group. 

As for Ewers, someone needs to get hold of him quick and get him straightened out. That deer in headlights thing never works out for the deer. He is an elite arm talent who is starting to look like less than elite head talent. Sam got away with it as a freshman because Herman's offense valued him as a fullback and he could move the chains. A QB who can't throw accurately in this offense is just a wasted uniform.

I don’t think I agree with the “you can’t fire a bad coach after two years”. 

auburn did it, bama would do it, Georgia would do it. If you know a guy isn’t the guy then you try again. What causes more damage, keeping a guy that’s gonna go 6-6 again or firing him and finding the right guy to run the program. What’s damaging the program is hiring shitty head coaches. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

We’re going to beat Kansas, and KSU will slip up against WVU putting Texas back in the drivers seat for a CCG berth. Then Texas will slip up against Baylor to finish the season 7-5 and out of the conference championship. This is who 7 win Steve is. 

Can you imagine the meltdown if we lose in Lawrence?

• Rage+1 1

auburn did it, bama would do it, Georgia would do it. If you know a guy isn’t the guy then you try again. What causes more damage, keeping a guy that’s gonna go 6-6 again or firing him and finding the right guy to run the program. What’s damaging the program is hiring shitty head coaches. 
But they are not as classy as Texas. We are Texas, not a football factory.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

What makes you think Alabama would do it? Or Georgia?

46 minutes ago, mdleast said:

Texas: What Sarks Here Changes the World

3949329f7fe3dd8993410cb128efb3b4.jpg

I would put good money on one my uncles having a suit like that back in the 70's.

I'm an old grumpy, contrarian and I have no problem with my wife styling me. Because I control my scene. Regardless of what she picks out it still has to get my approval. 

That ensemble does not say 'I coach one of the best teams in the nation and we are going to kick your ass.' It says my wife made me wear this shit and after the game we are going to catch an off broadway show. Then sip on Appletinis.

3 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

yep - what must be done eventually should be done immediately.  

We’re going to beat Kansas, and KSU will slip up against WVU putting Texas back in the drivers seat for a CCG berth. Then Texas will slip up against Baylor to finish the season 7-5 and out of the conference championship. This is who 7 win Steve is. 

Not gonna lie it does kind of feel like that’s how this season has to end.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Honestly, if true, bye, pretty sure we can find someone who wants to catch footballs more than him. Extremely overrated IMHO. Looks like he has already packed his shit. His lack of effort this year is embarrassing.

• Hook 'Em 1

Used to be, coaches shied away from programs that changed coaches frequently. I think that’s changed with size of these big school contracts and the buyouts. O, if I suck you’ll fire me and I get 20 million bucks? I’m good with that.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Obviously this is just a rumor but the fact that so many are just blowing it off as not a big deal is hilarious. Worthy was Sarks guy. Sark brought him in and if he bolts to USC that’s a terrible look on Sark. Especially when you combine Rojos comments it sounds like Sark is losing the team

From that same link

anyone know what Rojo comments he could be talking about?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

You assume those in charge are dedicated to having a winning program. The sark hire proves otherwise. Most knew was a bad hire when it happened and nothing has changed it still was a bad hire. The people making the hiring decisions are idiots and there's no reason to think the next hire will be any better.

• Hook 'Em 1

All you people blaming his wife are nuts. He’s a millionaire Armenian, right? I chalk that up to his bad decisions. Pretty sure his wife has style 

Wife has style? She put his cuck ass in that clown suit. She dresses like she’s headed to the AVN awards to get her prize for best sex with a coach’s monkey.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2