This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

*doofus 

Also, I didn't see his "pimp suit" or whatever you want to call it until reported here.

But when I first saw him in the tunnel, with the all-grey "outfit," it looked like he was a high-school wrestler wearing old-school grey sweats circa 1980.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

From that same link

anyone know what Rojo comments he could be talking about?

35 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

Yeah what did Rojo say?

Apparently he was asked if the plan was heavy doses of running and he said yes, then he was asked why that didn't happen and he said we schemed our way out of it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Will it be a disappointment if he goes 8-4 and wins a bowl game?

I don't think so but we are a long way from that. I think 7 and 5 with a bowl win would be right on track. Would I be happy, no because this team has showed us what it is capable of. It would be progress from the previous season which honestly is very important.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Will it be a disappointment if he goes 8-4 and wins a bowl game?

The disappointment will come in how we got to 8-4. Terrible 2nd half offense, pitiful defensive performances, player regression and not taking advantage of numerous opportunities to win(that wasted defensive effort against TCU). 

Yeah on the outside 8-4 is nice considering last year. And I will enjoy it but the devil is in the details.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

Hell yeah 8-4 would be good based on our current 6-4 record.

It's ok to be disappointed too... based on what could have been if we played better against tech, okie lite, or tcu.

Positive Note:  Really proud of that defensive effort against the horny toads...  DAMN PROUD

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, mdleast said:

8-4 was my what I thought preseason was a realistic good result for us given last season...with anything higher being gravy.  So if we win out that was correct though that never makes the way we lost those 4 sting any less.

My vote was 7-5.

The problem isn't the record or preseason predictions.  The problem is that this team is actually improved more than what anyone should have expected, and we've even seen glimpses of great football at times.  Is there a position group on this team that isn't clearly better than last year?  OL is the closest thing, and I think most people here undertstand why and think it's still headed the right way.

But we've been erratic as hell between games and even within games.  We can't seem to keep it together at crucial times, and it's costing us games that we should not lose.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

The disappointment will come in how we got to 8-4. Terrible 2nd half offense, pitiful defensive performances, player regression and not taking advantage of numerous opportunities to win(that wasted defensive effort against TCU). 

Yeah on the outside 8-4 is nice considering last year. And I will enjoy it but the devil is in the details.

Yeah, but isn’t all that sort of baked into the prediction? Like - I think I voted 8-4 in the preseason based in the idea that the talent improved, year 2 in a system, and then account for youth and a freshman QB. Add it all up and it felt like 8-4 would be good.

Actually watching the fuckups is always aggravating but they were accounted for in the prediction - not down to the detail, but from a broad perspective. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The most alarming data point is that in week ten, the offense had its worst performance of the season.

Well coached teams show week to week improvement.  Sark is the offense, the play caller, the "QB whisperer." Such a putrid performance in week ten, led by a QB who has regressed badly over the last 6 weeks, is really concerning. Not to mention second half pants shitting is a fucking defcon one problem dating back to last season and he's done nothing to fix it.

Three offensive points in week ten versus an average defense cannot be excused away by youth.

Edited by CurlyDumps
  • Hook 'Em 6

I had us at 8-4 but with 7-5 being almost as likely. (I also had A&M at 8-4, but that's for another thread..)

Tbh, if we had the exact same record and the defense still sucked but the offense was lighting it up, this board would be a little calmer. We all wanted to see offensive fireworks but they've been highly sporadic. Regardless, I agree with others that there has been notable improvement, especially on defense. And gotta remember the offense is as young as you'll ever see - we have 8 underclassmen starters. That being said, Sark better get the offense rolling this offseason. 

Fwiw, UT's FEI ratings (adjusts for schedule strength. They have ours as one of the hardest):

2022: 6th overall (wtf), 19th offense, 13th defense (!!)

2021: 33 overall, 35th offense, 52nd defense

And points per drive:

2022: 22nd overall, 32 offense, 30 defense

2021: 59th overall, 25 offense, 95 defense (lol)

• Hook 'Em 1

I had us at 8-4 but with 7-5 being almost as likely. (I also had A&M at 8-4, but that's for another thread..)
Tbh, if we had the exact same record and the defense still sucked but the offense was lighting it up, this board would be a little calmer. We all wanted to see offensive fireworks but they've been highly sporadic. Regardless, I agree with others that there has been notable improvement, especially on defense. And gotta remember the offense is as young as you'll ever see - we have 8 underclassmen starters. That being said, Sark better get the offense rolling this offseason. 

Fwiw, UT's FEI ratings (adjusts for schedule strength. They have ours as one of the hardest):
2022: 6th overall (wtf), 19th offense, 13th defense (!!)
2021: 33 overall, 35th offense, 52nd defense
And points per drive:
2022: 22nd overall, 32 offense, 30 defense
2021: 59th overall, 25 offense, 95 defense (lol)

I’d expect more progression next year but much of that defensive production is leaving this year without a ton of returning experience behind them.

We’ll see which side of the ball finishes strong.

8-4 (aka the Aggie standard) is the minimum acceptable level for a Texas Football team. It isn’t a good record but it is ok. 9-3 is good and anything better is very good or great.

TCU was 5-7, 6-4, 5-7 the last three years and are now 10-0. We have a shit coach that will get us to 7-5 with the best talent in the conference. This isn’t that hard. We should be 8-2 right now minimum, but we have a fucking idiot running the program (again).

We will all watch 2-3 more years of mediocrity hoping we can maybe win ten games or at least make the conference championship, then we will hire some other slap dick and watch him fail too. It’s who we are now. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

Well according to this link, TCU is almost all Juniors and Seniors on the starting roster.  There's like one freshman starting.

https://www.frogsowar.com/2022/8/29/23327704/tcu-football-2022-depth-chart-week-one-colorado

I think I'll wait until next year before I start sucking Dykes off like the majority of this board are...

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

Well according to this link, TCU is almost all Juniors and Seniors on the starting roster.  There's like one freshman starting.

https://www.frogsowar.com/2022/8/29/23327704/tcu-football-2022-depth-chart-week-one-colorado

I think I'll wait until next year before I start sucking Dykes off like the majority of this board are...

This.  No different than Aranda last year with that experienced squad.  Sark is TBD but I'm FAR from sold on Dykes who has caught a ton of breaks this season while also having the most experienced team in the conference in addition to NFL skill players.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Skipper said:

This.  No different than Aranda last year with that experienced squad.  Sark is TBD but I'm FAR from sold on Dykes who has caught a ton of breaks this season while also having the most experienced team in the conference in addition to NFL skill players.

Exactly. Look at his entire resume prior to this year.  Six Win Sonny has averaged 6.45 wins/year.  This board would have fucking rioted if we hired him.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Skipper said:

4 of the starters on offense and 6 on defense were brought in by Dykes via the portal.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

4 of the starters on offense and 6 on defense were brought in by Dykes via the portal.

He still has a SR QB and best WR in country (+ other really solid skill talent) and that masks a lot of holes.   I have absolutely ZERO problem with how Sark is building this roster.  It's pretty obvious the reason we have all these 5 star FR on OL is because we made assurances we would not try to portal their PT while they "grow" on the bench. Without those assurances those guys don't sign.  Cherry picking the portal while prioritizing recruiting elite HS talent is the right model IMO for long term success.   There is some uncertainty around Sark for sure as far as getting the best out of what he has and next year is setting up to be a huge "show me" year, but I'm not going to fault roster building at all.  It's night and day better than the last 2 idiots (and Mack the last 4 years).

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1