This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

You’re a moron if you think anyone would have been upset with us running the ball more against TCU. Especially as we all watched Quinn do whatever the fuck he was doing.

There’s no defending our coaching last week. I’m not sure why you’re trying. It was one of the most poorly coached offensive games we’ve ever had. We had sub 200 yards of total offense. Tell me the last time that happened? 

It also just continues the same pattern we’ve seen over and over from Sark. He is clueless what do you after his scripts. He calls like the way he wants a game to be not the way the game actually is.

”Quinn can’t complete anything. I don’t need to worry about rhythm. We should call the deep ball again because that’s what our offense is. Can’t divert based on situations. Gotta stick with the plan. Who cares if the plan never works right?”

Man you guys. 

Hindsight is always 20/20 and you guys complain no matter what we do if it doesn't work out. We spread the field and did go short last week in the second half. Did you NOT see us go 11 personnel? Did you not see us running RPO out of it with Whit? We still didn't get it done. We had chances and didn't execute. Could the coaching have been better? Yes. You are damned right it could. Could the play calling have been better? Sure it could. 

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

The kid has played 6 college football games Z.....6 fucking games. Give the dude a minute. He had 2.5 good games, 1 so so game, and 3 bad ones. We've seen Card for a year and a half. As far as Sark goes he could've called a better game. 

So because he’s young he should never be taken out? Is that how accountability works? Is that how you win football games?

8 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Man you guys. 

Hindsight is always 20/20 and you guys complain no matter what we do if it doesn't work out. We spread the field and did go short last week in the second half. Did you NOT see us go 11 personnel? Did you not see us running RPO out of it with Whit? We still didn't get it done. We had chances and didn't execute. Could the coaching have been better? Yes. You are damned right it could. Could the play calling have been better? Sure it could. 

So then what is your point? Why are you arguing with people saying our play calling sucked when here you are agreeing?

And hindsight has nothing to do with it. Give the ball to the nations best player more than 12 times isn’t some post game looking back. 

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

So because he’s young he should never be taken out? Is that how accountability works? Is that how you win football games?

If your sample size with the backup leads you to believe it won't be an improvement, yes. Remember when this board was losing their minds because we kept playing Christian Jones when Andrej Karic looked good vs the no namers? How did that go when we tried him? It was pretty apparent that Jones WAS our best option. Every loves the backup until we actually go and put him in. 

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

If your sample size with the backup leads you to believe it won't be an improvement, yes. Remember when this board was losing their minds because we kept playing Christian Jones when Andrej Karic looked good vs the no namers? How did that go when we tried him? It was pretty apparent that Jones WAS our best option. Every loves the backup until we actually go and put him in. 

I guess it could have been worse. Maybe we could have scored negative points.

You also of course ignore the things that Card does really well that would have been extremely helpful like running the ball. 

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

So then what is your point? Why are you arguing with people saying our play calling sucked when here you are agreeing?

Because coaches call bad games all the time. Name a coach who we've had in your lifetime that hasn't called multiple bad games in a season?

Just now, Thatguy said:

Because coaches call bad games all the time. Name a coach who we've had in your lifetime that hasn't called multiple bad games in a season?

I can name plenty that have a bad game here or there. Good ones still find ways to win.

I can also name 2 or 3 that seem to call more bad games than good ones. So Sark is apparently as good a play caller as our last few guys. Quite the company 

I can name plenty that have a bad game here or there. Good ones still find ways to win.

I can also name 2 or 3 that seem to call more bad games than good ones. So Sark is apparently as good a play caller as our last few guys. Quite the company 

Name the ones you think had a bad game "here or there". 

18 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

The kid has played 6 college football games Z.....6 fucking games. Give the dude a minute. He had 2.5 good games, 1 so so game, and 3 bad ones. We've seen Card for a year and a half. As far as Sark goes he could've called a better game. 

The singular goal of this football program should not be to develop Quinn Ewers. Especially when we have a QB committed that is likely already a better player than him. The goal is to win games. Quinn is not winning games. That is a fact. What isn't a fact is that of the games Quinn has lost with his dogshit play Card wouldn't have given us a better chance at winning. That's your opinion and it's a really shitty one. I expect Quinn to be bad again today because he seems fucked in the head at this point and knows that no matter how terrible he is he isn't getting benched. Even if he's awesome today it doesn't change the fact that we have potentially already blown a conference title game appearance by letting him do whatever the fuck he wants out there. 

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The singular goal of this football program should not be to develop Quinn Ewers. Especially when we have a QB committed that is likely already a better player than him. The goal is to win games. Quinn is not winning games. That is a fact. What isn't a fact is that of the games Quinn has lost with his dogshit play Card wouldn't have given us a better chance at winning. That's your opinion and it's a really shitty one. I expect Quinn to be bad again today because he seems fucked in the head at this point and knows that no matter how terrible he is he isn't getting benched. Even if he's awesome today it doesn't change the fact that we have potentially already blown a conference title game appearance by letting him do whatever the fuck he wants out there. 

Card shouldn’t start games. He’s not the answer. 
What should have happened though is sitting our starter down and saying “hey it’s a rough one. It happens. You’re still our guy but we have to mix it up”.

Thats a conversation a real coach could have. VY got pulled and watched Chance win. You know happened? Vince worked harder to get better. 

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Name the ones you think had a bad game "here or there". 

Say what you want about Greg Davis but the VY and Colt eras were pretty consistently well called. I can think of a handful of games that were poorly called in that entire 8ish year stretch. Nebraska CCG is one that comes to mind. Nebraska at home before we gave the ball to Jamaal is another.

But even bad GD was smart enough to realize he needed to give the ball to his horses at some point.

Edited by hobbes2702

Say what you want about Greg Davis but the VY and Colt eras were pretty consistently well called. I can think of a handful of games that were poorly called in that entire 8ish year stretch. Nebraska CCG is one that comes to mind. Nebraska at home before we gave the ball to Jamaal is another.

But even bad GD was smart enough to realize he needed to give the ball to his horses at some point.

I was hoping you'd say that. 

Multiple times a year we had a bad gameplan and THE GUYS ON THE FIELD put it on their shoulders. 

04- Arkansas, OU, Mizzou, OSU, and KU

05 we just overwhelmed everyone but every year there were stinkers

What’s funny is no one is even claiming that so not sure your point.

No one thought Chance Mock was better than VY either 

People REALLY wanted to move VY to receiver. There was a lot of interior pressure to move on. Good thing Mock wasn't solid right away or VY coming back in might not have happened, but it wasn't "Hey VY we are coming back to you we just need you to sit for a moment". It was though he couldn't play the position. 

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Wasn’t someone in this thread earlier this week sucking off Napier for back to back wins against A&M and South Carolina and how much they’ve improved over the course of the season.

Down 14-6 to Vandy as a two touchdown favorite. 

I’ll own it. Name checks and all that. Pathetic performance today by gata 

32 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

GD ran a shit offense for the most part and we all hated it. But in retrospect IMO that shit offense was well coached and very well executed, especially compared to the shit we've seen lately.

Sark's scheme is terrific but he doesn't seem to be a competent, you know, coach. Absent an NFL line and Heisman QB his results are not good.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

@Thatguy if we lose the last 2 would you consider taking all of next year off? 

I've taken time off this board. Hasn't stopped you guys from being assholes to anyone with a different take than the group think. I pretty much sat on the sideline for the entirety of the Herman era. You guys still did what you do. 

• Hook 'Em 4

37 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Card shouldn’t start games. He’s not the answer. 
What should have happened though is sitting our starter down and saying “hey it’s a rough one. It happens. You’re still our guy but we have to mix it up”.

Thats a conversation a real coach could have. VY got pulled and watched Chance win. You know happened? Vince worked harder to get better. 

I am not suggesting he start games. But I'm not entirely against that idea if he were to have come in and saved us against okie lite or TCU. 

I don't mind a QB controversy. Quinn isn't good enough for us to not even entertain that. Card would have kicked the shit out of OU too. 

What I do mind is the constant pissing down our leg season after season and losing games that we have no business of losing. Repeatedly not contending for even a fucking spot in the conference title game. Across 3 coaches now. 

I don't give a shit who plays QB. I don't care if Quinn transfers tomorrow if we're winning. Just win games. Win games and the discussion about which QB should be out there becomes almost non-existent. Sark isn't winning games just like the last two slap dicks. Actually the last slap dick was doing a better job. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I've taken time off this board. Hasn't stopped you guys from being assholes to anyone with a different take than the group think. I pretty much sat on the sideline for the entirety of the Herman era. You guys still did what you do. 

Yeah we really got egg on our face there.

They should study your brain. How can it pump sunshine after the past 12 years?

Whatever it is, maybe we could bottle it and sell it?

17 minutes ago, GringoSalado said:

GD ran a shit offense for the most part and we all hated it. But in retrospect IMO that shit offense was well coached and very well executed, especially compared to the shit we've seen lately.

Sark's scheme is terrific but he doesn't seem to be a competent, you know, coach. Absent an NFL line and Heisman QB his results are not good.

I think this is fair, at least before the move to the spread. Our spread offense was well coached, well executed and pretty damn consistent 

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, GringoSalado said:

It looked a lot better when the greatest players in the program's history were running it. Not so much when Garrett Gilbert was throwing to James Kirkendoll or whatever.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

No offense looks great all the time, but the problem with Texas is it’s something different every time - defense, offense, QB play, etc. It either means our coaching staff isn’t smart enough or working hard enough. 

Or we have youth and inexperience everywhere......but whatevs

• Hook 'Em 3

35 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Yeah we really got egg on our face there.

They should study your brain. How can it pump sunshine after the past 12 years?

Whatever it is, maybe we could bottle it and sell it?

I believe RECRUITING is what makes us good. Simple as that. We had shit recruiting for 12 years. Even the years we've had good classes they were just "guys". We haven't recruited a top signal caller since VY. We got lucky with Colt. We couldn't recruit linemen. Now it seems like we are getting top guys everywhere. People can say it's NIL, but all the top teams have NIL. We are getting the guys who we need, and have grabbed 3 quality signal callers. If we weren't recruiting I wouldn't be so calm. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I believe RECRUITING is what makes us good. Simple as that. We had shit recruiting for 12 years. Even the years we've had good classes they were just "guys". We haven't recruited a top signal caller since VY. We got lucky with Colt. We couldn't recruit linemen. Now it seems like we are getting top guys everywhere. People can say it's NIL, but all the top teams have NIL. We are getting the guys who we need, and have grabbed 3 quality signal callers. If we weren't recruiting I wouldn't be so calm. 

See that’s the shit I want. Put it in my veins.

• Haha 1

He is doing a horrible job right now. Maybe it's booze, maybe it's something else. 
No, wait, it can't be booze... that would be unfair, for reasons.
'Zat better for you, sport?

Let’s hope it’s not booze. He’ll file an ADA claim and we won’t be able to fire his dronk ass for a year or two.