2021-22 Big XII Basketball Thread of Fuck Baylor

El Diablo

image.png.1453fd9a6dd6e9dbaaa8216ecac44e97.png

Tech's last 3 games of the regular season, all 3 included huge 2nd half offensive droughts. 

1 minute ago, Dirk X West said:

McCullar is it.

I don't buy it. We beat Baylor and Texas back to back without him a few games before this series. Something else is going on with this team and I don't understand it. I'm usually pretty good at sussing out this kind of stuff too with regard to play on the floor. I have no clue at all.

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

In related news, tip of the hat to Oklahoma State for its season. Pokes were a tough out all the way despite (wrongly) being ineligible for postseason play, including the Big 12 Tournament.

Finished tied for fifth in regular season league play.

They played at times like they were giving a big F U to the NCAA and causing chaos 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

In related news, tip of the hat to Oklahoma State for its season. Pokes were a tough out all the way despite (wrongly) being ineligible for postseason play, including the Big 12 Tournament.

For real. I actually expected us to lose this game, they're a bad matchup for us with how we like to play. Just didn't expect it to go down like it did, really frustrating.

They deserved it.

• Like 1

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

For real. I actually expected us to lose this game, they're a bad matchup for us with how we like to play. Just didn't expect it to go down like it did, really frustrating.

They deserved it.

That missed call really hurt. I'd be steamed about it if it had happened to my team.

OTOH, Your offense was ass for about 9 minutes near the end.

Thank you. Other then knowing we are right, there really is no upside to the fucking we got. Posts like this are literally the only other good part about this fucked up situation. It actually makes us feel better.
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Thank you. Other then knowing we are right, there really is no upside to the fucking we got. Posts like this are literally the only other good part about this fucked up situation. It actually makes us feel better.

Yeah I think all season I've been impressed with how Boynton and your team has conducted themselves despite the circumstances. Would have been really easy to just tuck your collective tails and give up at any point.

Yeah I think all season I've been impressed with how Boynton and your team has conducted themselves despite the circumstances. Would have been really easy to just tuck your collective tails and give up at any point.

Yep. He’s the man for the job. If we ever start hitting 3’s, we’re gonna be a pain in the ass. Until then, I’m still team Coach B.

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

That missed call really hurt. I'd be steamed about it if it had happened to my team.

OTOH, Your offense was ass for about 9 minutes near the end.

I don’t think many Tech fans cared about the last call. Team just seemed to give up and coast on offense for most of the second half. Like others have said I don’t think Tech makes it past the first weekend. Something is wrong with this team. 

32 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm so fucking jealous of those asshole's basketball program. As both a Texas and SMU fan. 

Yeah, I can’t say I’m jealous. I’d sincerely rather lose with Shaka Smart than root for a Scott Drew coached team. Calipari beats him as my least favorite coach, but not by much. It pains me he gave up his stupid zone and became a really good coach. 

11 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

Yeah, I can’t say I’m jealous. I’d sincerely rather lose with Shaka Smart than root for a Scott Drew coached team. Calipari beats him as my least favorite coach, but not by much. It pains me he gave up his stupid zone and became a really good coach. 

Completely agree--the fact that Baylor and Scott Drew have a natty is as ridiculous to me as the fact that Texas hasn't come close to winning one ever. 

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Anybody seen a breakdown of all conferences?

So with the Big 12 sitting at 6-0, how did the other conferences in the NCAA Tournament fair in the First Round?

Here’s the record for each league.

Big 12: 6-0
ACC: 4-1
Big Ten: 5-2
Pac-12: 2-1
Big East: 3-3
SEC: 3-3
American: 2-0
A-10: 1-1
West Coast: 2-1
Mountain West: 0-3

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2022/03/18/big-12-conference-finishes-perfect-6-0-in-first-round-ncaa-tournament-games/

• Hook 'Em 1

from a reddit post

The B12 sent the largest percentage (66%) of eligible teams of any conference, 6 out of 9, (OkSt was ineligible). And not only did they go 6-0, they dominated the majority of their games.

• Kansas won by 27

• Baylor won by 36

• Texas Tech won by 35

• Texas won by 8

• TCU won by 27

• Iowa State won by 5

On average the B12 teams won by 23 points / game. Insane domination so far.

Edited by Blotto

17 minutes ago, Blotto said:

from a reddit post

The B12 sent the largest percentage (66%) of eligible teams of any conference, 6 out of 9, (OkSt was ineligible). And not only did they go 6-0, they dominated the majority of their games.

• Kansas won by 27

• Baylor won by 36

• Texas Tech won by 35

• Texas won by 8

• TCU won by 27

• Iowa State won by 5

On average the B12 teams won by 23 points / game. Insane domination so far.

And here we are going to some inferior second rate league at some undetermined point.

5 hours ago, Welshy said:

So with the Big 12 sitting at 6-0, how did the other conferences in the NCAA Tournament fair in the First Round?

Here’s the record for each league.

Big 12: 6-0
ACC: 4-1
Big Ten: 5-2
Pac-12: 2-1
Big East: 3-3
SEC: 3-3
American: 2-0
A-10: 1-1
West Coast: 2-1
Mountain West: 0-3

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2022/03/18/big-12-conference-finishes-perfect-6-0-in-first-round-ncaa-tournament-games/

Had Liucci gotten his way, every team in the SEC would have not only made the tourney but also would have been granted a first-round bye. Advantage aggy. 

Just now, Gut Wagon said:

Had Liucci gotten his way, every team in the SEC would have not only made the tourney but also would have been granted a first-round bye. Advantage aggy. 

In order to balance things out I want all of our media people to start every article saying "Fuck the SEC" once we join.