NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

Just now, HtownHorn said:

You have an interesting thought on what decent means. .378/.311 splits are bad. He appears to be a JAG defensively.

NAW isn't a good NBA player. He may develop into a good player but he's a pretty big minus as of now. 

Granted he wasn't terrible last year - may just need to get out of NO. Even if that's the case I don't think he's that valuable of an asset. 

9 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

You have an interesting thought on what decent means. .378/.311 splits are bad. He appears to be a JAG defensively.

You're right. His shooting numbers are worse than I thought. Still, he's been in that shitty New Orleans program for three years (including that fucked up bubble season) and he's still only 23. He's worth a flyer if you think you can fix his springer. 

Schroedinger's trade deal.

[Wojnarowski] On Simmons-Harden deal: "Right now, there's no negotiation going on between Brooklyn and Philadelphia... the idea that they're going back and forth as surmised by some, I don't believe that to be accurate."

Schroedinger's trade deal.
[Wojnarowski] On Simmons-Harden deal: "Right now, there's no negotiation going on between Brooklyn and Philadelphia... the idea that they're going back and forth as surmised by some, I don't believe that to be accurate."

We’re gonna need your important depth pieces cuffed with that 37M paper weight. Here’s loser harden and joe harris’ shitty contract

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Re: the Haliburton/Sabonis deal - another big factor is by trading Tyrese SAC waives the ability to offer him the rookie extension - which is hard for these guys to turn down even somewhere like Sacramento. 

So unless they were 100% certain Tyrese wouldn't resign there (which it's basically impossible to be certain of that since it wouldn't be for 2.5 years) they are throwing away any hope of having him for the first 9 years of his career. 

And don't tell me Sabonis is resigning there. 

They’re aiming for that 9 seed. All in!

• Hook 'Em 1

That OKC / Miami trade is a little more nuanced, allegedly. I saw somewhere that it also pushes back a protected first round pick that Miami owes OKC to 2025, so now Miami can make deals with their 2022 or 2023 first round picks. I don't think they make that KJ Okpala move unless they have something bigger planned. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

That OKC / Miami trade is a little more nuanced, allegedly. I saw somewhere that it also pushes back a protected first round pick that Miami owes OKC to 2025, so now Miami can make deals with their 2022 or 2023 first round picks. I don't think they make that KJ Okpala move unless they have something bigger planned. 

Wonder if they are going after Wood from the Rockets now, the Rockets said they were interested in future draft assets and not 22 or 23. But yeah, Miami needs to push in their chips this season.

2 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

lmao the lakers just lost to a portland team who is doing everything they can to bottom out this year.

They shot 55% from the field and 46% from 3 but had 21 turnovers and just 3 offensive rebounds. 

I don't even know who 3 of these guys are. GB3 got 16 mins.

20220209_233118.thumb.jpg.44e042dfbaaae32b19f5b6afdaae77bf.jpg

LOL saw someone comment that these 9 guys have a combined salary of 29M. Combined. 

Edited by ztejas

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

Am I the only one that got a chuckle out of Woj putting Windhorst in his place? He may as well have said, "Stay in your lane, mother fucker."

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Am I the only one that got a chuckle out of Woj putting Windhorst in his place? He may as well have said, "Stay in your lane, mother fucker."

I don't know which of them to believe. Woj also has some qualifiers in there. They've obviously discussed it to some degree - I guess to what extent is where there's disagreement. 

Salaries and kidding aside, where would be the perfect place for Russ - that would let Russ be Russ?  He had that in OKC and Houston.  And he was pretty decent in Washington.  None of them seem to want him back.

It would be fun to see a Nets / Lakers trade of Westbrook for Kyrie - if only to get the OG OKC band back together and reunite Kyrie with LeBron.  0% chance that happens without a huge haul of other players from LA.

If anyone can "fix" Russ, I would put my money on San Antonio.  Just about every player who has gone there has gotten significantly better.  San Antonio is tanking anyway. Unfortunately it is impossible to find salaries that can match without San Antonio giving up way too much.  Something like this would work + a bunch of pics for San Antonio.  They can continue to tank next year and then Westbrook's huge salary comes off the books in the following year.

image.png.4a1ec6084c8cf7c79fc65ce605676712.png

35 minutes ago, HookEm said:

Salaries and kidding aside, where would be the perfect place for Russ - that would let Russ be Russ?  He had that in OKC and Houston.  And he was pretty decent in Washington.  None of them seem to want him back.

It would be fun to see a Nets / Lakers trade of Westbrook for Kyrie - if only to get the OG OKC band back together and reunite Kyrie with LeBron.  0% chance that happens without a huge haul of other players from LA.

If anyone can "fix" Russ, I would put my money on San Antonio.  Just about every player who has gone there has gotten significantly better.  San Antonio is tanking anyway. Unfortunately it is impossible to find salaries that can match without San Antonio giving up way too much.  Something like this would work + a bunch of pics for San Antonio.  They can continue to tank next year and then Westbrook's huge salary comes off the books in the following year.

image.png.4a1ec6084c8cf7c79fc65ce605676712.png

Knicks.  He could put up useless numbers there and the NYK fas would love him.   THey would never get over an 8 seed and all the NY fans would swear they are only a player away.

Randle has clearly had enough NY and wants out.   Dont think he helps the Lakers in anyway but maybe they can find a 3rd team.

Re Harden and Simmons, from the Nets perspective they need to trade Harden to Philly for every single player asset they can possibly get. The Nets need to be focused on one thing and one thing only: maximizing the Kevin Durant window.  They have at worst the second best player in the NBA on their roster (in my view the best player in the NBA), and they are wasting precious time with the carnival of Harden and Kyrie. 

James Harden is done with the Nets. The guy is a fucking clown and a loser, and he always has been. I suppose it was worth a shot given his talent, but it's ending predictably and made even worse by the fact that they gave up Jarret Allen.  If Morey is willing to give assets for Harden's bum ass because he fills up a stat sheet in January, the Nets should run with it.  The best case scenario for the Nets in my view is Simmons and Curry for Harden. I'd be surprised if Morey parts with Curry, but who knows. A lineup of Kyrie, Curry, Durant, Simmons and pick your 5th probably gets out of the East and is much better positioned to compete for the next 2-3 years.* If the deadline passes without a trade being completed, you can write off the Nets this year as serious contenders.

*A big assumption that the Kyrie home game issue is resolved in some fashion, either by him becoming an adult or New York loosening its standards.   

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, statsman said:

Who would want Russ? A team going nowhere, tanking, that needs to sell tix. The problem is that Russ wants to compete- he’s not happy to just be Adrian Dantley, throwing up as many shots as he likes. 

Some teams cherish the triple double.  Hey remember when people actually sided with Russ over KD?

35 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Re Harden and Simmons, from the Nets perspective they need to trade Harden to Philly for every single player asset they can possibly get. The Nets need to be focused on one thing and one thing only: maximizing the Kevin Durant window.  They have at worst the second best player in the NBA on their roster (in my view the best player in the NBA), and they are wasting precious time with the carnival of Harden and Kyrie. 

James Harden is done with the Nets. The guy is a fucking clown and a loser, and he always has been. I suppose it was worth a shot given his talent, but it's ending predictably and made even worse by the fact that they gave up Jarret Allen.  If Morey is willing to give assets for Harden's bum ass because he fills up a stat sheet in January, the Nets should run with it.  The best case scenario for the Nets in my view is Simmons and Curry for Harden. I'd be surprised if Morey parts with Curry, but who knows. A lineup of Kyrie, Curry, Durant, Simmons and pick your 5th probably gets out of the East and is much better positioned to compete for the next 2-3 years.* If the deadline passes without a trade being completed, you can write off the Nets this year as serious contenders.

*A big assumption that the Kyrie home game issue is resolved in some fashion, either by him becoming an adult or New York loosening its standards.   

They gave up everything for Harden and it wasnt worth it.  I said it back then giving up their depth was bad but letting Allen go was a HUGE mistake