Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

8 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Baylor's Player Personnel guy, who really thinks "everyone" didn't see that big assed Chrysler emblem on the front and back of the Chrysler 300s.

Think he's talking about Mercedes' C-Series, which are definitely underwhelming for their badge and price point: https://www.mbusa.com/en/vehicles/model/c-class/sedan/c300w

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Think he's talking about Mercedes' C-Series, which are definitely underwhelming for their badge and price point: https://www.mbusa.com/en/vehicles/model/c-class/sedan/c300w

I think he's talking about the Chrysler 300, because they made it to look like a Rolls Royce. Compare all three and you'll figure it out.

Edited by UncleBuck

Shouldn't this guy go play for Coach Boom at South Carolina?

JIHAAD CAMPBELL

At 6-foot-4, 220-pounds, the 2022 OLB/DE from Timber Creek High School in Sicklerville, NJ is starting to become a name in the recruiting world.

Texas offered recently, joining Clemson, Michigan, Maryland, Penn State, and Florida. It's a list that grows by the day. The 2022 athlete plays on both sides of the ball, but knows defense is his future.

Horns 247 / Mike Roach on Mukuba

Spoiler

- Deciding by Sep 7

- Roach leaving his CB on Mukuba (CB level 4)

- Feels about the same in terms of confidence, after speaking with him

You're welcome.

3 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Hide contents

- Deciding by Sep 7

You're welcome.

Texas?

9 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Reveal hidden contents

- Deciding by Sep 7

You're welcome.

If Makuba has declared a date, I wager he knows where he's going. And I imagine he's gotten the go ahead from Clemson. But that's just me speculating. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

If Makuba has declared a date, I wager he knows where he's going. And I imagine he's gotten the go ahead from Clemson. But that's just me speculating. 

Didnt he say something about not committing somewhere without visiting

Just now, RGBIII said:

Didnt he say something about not committing somewhere without visiting

Clemson typically won't let a player commit unless they've visited. Hence the rub. But I think Clemson has foregone that requirement recently in special circumstances. I'm not sure the whole "need to visit" is Makuba, it could just be Clemson's policy on things. I'm sure Fud or Golfclap could clarify

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Clemson typically won't let a player commit unless they've visited. Hence the rub. But I think Clemson has foregone that requirement recently in special circumstances. I'm not sure the whole "need to visit" is Makuba, it could just be Clemson's policy on things. I'm sure Fud or Golfclap could clarify

Mukuba has said he wants to visit Clemson. He does not want to make a decision sight unseen. That said, he has been quoted as saying he will if he has to. 

I'm with Sid, I think he's headed to Clemson. Historically, Clemson does not allow a player to commit without visiting. They have taken a QB this year from Georgia that did not visit. He's a priority for them, I'd bet he gets the green light. LSU hasn't been mentioned in his top 2, but they're not out of it either. 

If Roach isn't touching his CB, he really doesn't know. We'll see how long they can keep it under wraps. 

8 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Yeeesh...TFB is hinting some pretty bad recruiting news is coming.....if you look at our last recruit I think you can put 2 and 2 together of who that may be....

well fuck. I tried to wish this not happening. Sorry to the new guy I cursed at yesterday 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Ricky's one-hitter said:

No one, actually. 

That's not entirely true. He's been a force recruiting lots of kids, Connor and Foster and Harvdog's Kid were just the obvious ones. 

But I believe he also had a positive influence on others. Billy Bowman committed a week later, for example. How tight are they? Sanders committed in September. I thought Derrick Harris Jr was excited as well. I think you see where I'm going with this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

That's not entirely true. He's been a force recruiting lots of kids, Connor and Foster and Harvdog's Kid were just the obvious ones. 

But I believe he also had a positive influence on others. Billy Bowman committed a week later, for example. How tight are they? Sanders committed in September. I thought Derrick Harris Jr was excited as well. I think you see where I'm going with this. 

Sure, but Harris, Conner, Bowman, et al have become recruiters in their own right. Saint Milroe did a lot for this class, but his departure would be a shitty excuse for any other commit to look around. 

Just now, hornfromdallas said:

milroes dad wants him to immediately compete hes been very adamant about it

i would say miami before bama

also this opens up the spot for kyron drones 

I have a hard time thinking another QB is going to rush to commit to us after the Ewers news and the stacked room.

My largest concern here are, in order:

1.) Who might be disillusioned and reconsider Texas that we have committed? Possibly no one, but best be sure.

2.) This would slow/prevent/delay/whatever the JQJ to LB move that I'd really, really like to see happen.