Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

6 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Wasn't realistic we were going to keep all of those dudes at QB, be it by transfer or position change: Card, JQJ, Milroe, Ewers

I was hoping he would still come to Texas and change positions ala RoJo, but I understand his move.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Might have more to do with Card than Ewers. Ewers just limits his margin of error even further.

It’s gonna be the same problem at any big time school though.

JFC, no one is running from Card regardless of what 995 is told to print/say.

3 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Hey, maybe if he goes to Miami, this guy'll transfer to Texas, huh?

Tathan Martell and Kiki Passo Seem to be Enjoying Miami's Bye Week

"Look at those disgusting, skinny arms.  Needs way more beef.  Give me Mike Roach's wife every day and twice on half price wing night.  Girls like that are why Texas can't recruit any more."

--Carl, probably.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I have a hard time thinking another QB is going to rush to commit to us after the Ewers news and the stacked room.

My largest concern here are, in order:

1.) Who might be disillusioned and reconsider Texas that we have committed? Possibly no one, but best be sure.

2.) This would slow/prevent/delay/whatever the JQJ to LB move that I'd really, really like to see happen.

This is what I was thinking. Taking 2 qbs in 2020 and having Ewers in the boat for 2022 probably means we don't necessarily have to have a 2021 qb take, even if that goes into some dangerous Charlie Strong qb room territory. I'd be happy with Drones but I don't think they need to reach on a guy just for a body. 

It does probably mean JQJ would stick at qb for at least another season and ideally if he's going to stay at Texas I think the quicker he goes to linebacker the better.

Edited by UncleSonny
years fixed/i'm dumb

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

This is what I was thinking. Taking 2 qbs in 2019 and having Ewers in the boat for 2021 probably means we don't necessarily have to have a 2020 qb take, even if that goes into some dangerous Charlie Strong qb room territory. I'd be happy with Drones but I don't think they need to reach on a guy just for a body. 

It does probably mean JQJ would stick at qb for at least another season and ideally if he's going to stay at Texas I think the quicker he goes to linebacker the better.

Drones isn't a reach. He's a fucking stud. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

This is what I was thinking. Taking 2 qbs in 2019 and having Ewers in the boat for 2021 probably means we don't necessarily have to have a 2020 qb take, even if that goes into some dangerous Charlie Strong qb room territory. I'd be happy with Drones but I don't think they need to reach on a guy just for a body. 

UncleSonny, 

Can you please shift your timeline right by a year?

Thank you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Not for lack of trying. Herman's disastrous 2019 season torpedoed most of the momentum Milroe would've otherwise created.

"Disastrous?" Disastrous is Mack Brown wining 5 games after being ranked in the top 5 to start the season. Fuck off with your never-ending Shining Elevator of a fucking vagina. 

Last year was a disappointment. Disastrous makes it sound like he set the program right back to Charlie Strong. Last I check Tom Herman didn't take a mic at a press conference and drop a couple N bombs and say Texas hates black athletes. Stop being this big of a fucking faget. This is a pathetic drive by, even for you. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Milroe news, if that’s what it is, sucks. Didn’t mean to bring the negative out on Ewers commit day the other day. Best of luck to Milroe if that is indeed the negative news TFB was alluding to. 

Our lackluster season hurt his ability to have the kind of impact “#EwersEffect” will have this year as long as we get the W’s. Think the 2022 class will be one of the greatest ever if we show up and win this season. The state is loaded. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

"Disastrous?" Disastrous is Mack Brown wining 5 games after being ranked in the top 5 to start the season. Fuck off with your never-ending Shining Elevator of a fucking vagina. 

Last year was a disappointment. Disastrous makes it sound like he set the program right back to Charlie Strong. Last I check Tom Herman didn't take a mic at a press conference and drop a couple N bombs and say Texas hates black athletes. Stop being this big of a fucking faget. This is a pathetic drive by, even for you. 

It's also worth separating the cause of momentum from each commit.

Milroe is an awesome dude with intangibles for days. He's a leader and he attempted to generate momentum that caused Tunmise/Foster/Conner to follow. This only worked with one and he committed to play school.

Ewers is being billed as the best QB prospect since Trevor Lawrence, perhaps better. He's generating momentum because he's fucking awesome at football. We'll see how well this works.

Ewers momentum is linked to his performance, Milroe's linked to relationships. I think the Ewers buzz is more scalable, especially if he keeps getting better. Milroe's gifts were never scalable for recruiting. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1