• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Ok, someone walk me through this.

Here is a facebook video taken from a vehicle that was evidently part of the Barbara Bush funeral procession in Farmville. It shows the aggy fake army fraternity members, all dressed up in the same silly costumes, standing at attention and saluting. No sign of the kid who loves to wear the silly white costume with the big red sash.

The fraternity members are civilians.

Barbara Bush never served in the military.

When did it become a thing for civilians in silly costumes to salute other civilians?

Doesn't anyone over at the cow college have a fucking clue about proper military protocol? It seems they just make everything up without any understanding behind the actual meaning of the action or why they are doing it.

https://www.facebook.com/jeb.bush.374/videos/2018202578441917/?fref=search

19 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Methinks though doth protest too much.

I don't care that much about the fact that they don't respect military protocol, and they make up their shit. Fraternities are well known for going whatever they want based on whims of the members. I just don't understand why the taxpayers are supporting this buffoonery.

I don't care if the ags have fraternities whose "thing" is to emulate 19th century farm culture, to dress in drag or even if they are into cross-dressing. College kids should be free to participate in whatever fraternity they choose, as long as the fraternity doesn't infringe on the rights of its members, or the rights of others.

My issue is taxpayer funding. If the parents of these kids believe their kids need some remedial structure to help them develop their self-esteem, such as participating in a fraternity whose "thing" is that the members wear military costumes, it should be the responsibility of the parents to pay for it. This idiocy should not be supported with taxpayer funds,

Civilians wearing military costumes and saluting other civilians isn't something that should qualify as a legitimate taxpayer-supported activity. If the ags want to have a fraternity parade on campus, it should be financially supported solely by the fraternity members themselves.

I understand your incredulity at the inanity of fake military saluting anyone.

However, as a former real military member, I would have no problem saluting the funeral procession of a former First Lady, even if I wouldn't necessarily be required to do so were she still alive and currently First Lady.

• Like 3

On 4/22/2018 at 8:38 PM, UT Lawnghorn said:

They’re saying this unsarcastically? Do they not realize they’ve lost 5 in a row by a combined total of 111?

Like seriously, they average losing by 22.2 poInts per game over that span. That’s the definition of a cupcake.

aggy truly never ceases to amaze.

Stupid sip! They're on a winning streak right now, having just won the spring game. The mighty giant was awoken and is on a roll.

1 minute ago, Modessit said:

I understand your incredulity at the inanity of fake military saluting anyone.

However, as a former real military member, I would have no problem saluting the funeral procession of a former First Lady, even if I wouldn't necessarily be required to do so were she still alive and currently First Lady.

Not only is it not ROTC (because it is civilians extending a military courtesy to another civilian) it is diametrically opposed to what one would expect is (should be) being taught in the aggy ROTC program.

Not to veer off in the CR, but should every American now be saluting Melania Trump? Hillary? Michelle Obama? To me, that would seem silly.

There are recognized courtesies reserved for those who have served and extended only to those who have served,  out of respect for their service. I don't understand how civilians practicing those exact same courtesies to other civilians is consistent with tradition, or an acknowledgement of the right for courtesies extended to those who have served to be reserved only to those who served.

This isn't just a UT/aggy thing, either. If some UT alum insisted on a flag draped coffin at his funeral, out of recognition of his four years as a member of Sigma Nu, I would feel it was not respectful of the courtesies reserved only to those who served and I would mock the individual who equated their participation in a fraternity to having served their country. Obviously, aggy culture differs.

50 minutes ago, BurntOrangeAss said:

Stupid sip! They're on a winning streak right now, having just won the spring game. The mighty giant was awoken and is on a roll.

Just wait when they beat powerhouse Northwestern State!  The momentum from that win will be to much for Dabo and company to handle.

43 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Not only is it not ROTC (because it is civilians extending a military courtesy to another civilian) it is diametrically opposed to what one would expect is (should be) being taught in the aggy ROTC program.

Okay Randy, you can't have it both ways. In the same sentence, you have called an ROTC program and said it is not an ROTC program.

Freshman and sophomore members of the Corps of Cadets are in the ROTC. This is a fact. Juniors have the option of joining the military and those that choose to do so remain in the ROTC. Those that don't, are just civilian member of the Corps who choose stay in the Corps because they enjoy it. 

The Corps of Cadets still commissions more officers into the US military than any other ROTC program in the country including the Air Force Academy and West Point. That is a fact. 

Saluting is a gesture that shows a sign of respect. It is primarily used in the Armed Forces of most countries but is also used in other organizations and by civilians. The military does not have a lock on saluting. 

But, as usual, don't let the facts get in the way of your hilarious rants. I enjoy them.

• Fuck You 18

5 minutes ago, Buster said:

Okay Randy, you can't have it both ways. In the same sentence, you have called an ROTC program and said it is not an ROTC program.

Freshman and sophomore members of the Corps of Cadets are in the ROTC. This is a fact. Juniors have the option of joining the military and those that choose to do so remain in the ROTC. Those that don't, are just civilian member of the Corps who choose stay in the Corps because they enjoy it. 

The Corps of Cadets still commissions more officers into the US military than any other ROTC program in the country including the Air Force Academy and West Point. That is a fact. 

Saluting is a gesture that shows a sign of respect. It is primarily used in the Armed Forces of most countries but is also used in other organizations and by civilians. The military does not have a lock on saluting. 

But, as usual, don't let the facts get in the way of your hilarious rants. I enjoy them.

giphy.gif

The most recent graduating class sizes of the Military Academies

AIr Force. 795

Navy. 811

Army. 936

The entire corps of cadets at aggy is approximately 2,000. Only about 40% receive any kind of commission. Aggy needs to get their “facts” straight. Also, I dare you to tell any graduate of one of the military academies that they participated in a ROTC program.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Buster said:

My friend, fish camp lied to you when they told you aggy was founded as a military institution and that the aggy corps is in any way connected with the U.S. Military. The Texas A&M Corps of Cadets is a civilian fraternity and is entirely separate and distinct from the Texas A&M ROTC program.

ROTC programs are open to any individual registered at the school acting as a host to the ROTC program. Any student can participate in the aggy ROTC program, regardless of whether they are in the aggy corps fraternity, just as any aggy student can be the in the aggy corps without being associated with the ROTC. It is that simple.

As for your claim about the aggy corps commissioning more officers into the military that USAFA and West point. We all know that is bullshit. Not even close to being true. You should be ashamed to make such intentionally dishonest statements. The whole "more aggy officers during WWII than West Point and USNA combined" is also a lie. That knowingly false example of puffery was yet another example of how small-mined, pathetic rednecks with low self esteem create false impressions because the reality of their accomplishments is utterly unimpressive. If the truth were enough, aggys would stick to the truth. Not only do aggys not stick to the truth, they knowingly hide from the truth and promote fabrications and lies, such as the one you just promoted on this forum.

And as for civilian fraternity members dressing up in costumes and saluting other civilians, it is a free country. This debate isn't about the right of self expression or  the right of aggys to invite ridicule and mockery. That is an aggy turdition, and probably always will be. I was just questioning the quality of the education offered at Texas A&M that leads fraternity members dressed up in costumes to think saluting other civilians is anything other than extremely odd. It is yet another bizarre custom that is a product of the freak show of a culture we know as aggy. 

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 2

That awkward photo story is gold and epitomizes Aggie "culture."

An outsider remarks on them doing something idiotic looking.

The Aggie explains that the idiocy is attached to their idiotically-named War Hymn. That they call their fight song a War Hymn and their cheers yells is more idiocy based on insecurity about their own manhood even though they constantly boast about their extremely masculine heterosexuality. Rough tough real stuff. Not tea sippers but manly men comfortable in their manful traditions.

Phlegm can provide the visuals.

They have no clue that their explanations are worse than the supposed misperceptions.

• Like 5

As far as I'm concerned, they can salute whomever that want.  It just pisses me off when they feel the need to denigrate the military academies in order to feel special about themselves.

And seriously, does any other school in the country show the spring game as a victory on their website?  Did they kick all of the players on the losing team out of school?

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

And seriously, does any other school in the country show the spring game as a victory on their website?  Did they kick all of the players on the losing team out of school?

I won't lie. I really thought Ramjet photoshopped the spring game win, then I checked texags to make sure and holy fucking shit, they actually are claiming the spring game as a win.  aggy jokes really do write themselves.

5 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

I won't lie. I really thought Ramjet photoshopped the spring game win, then I checked texags to make sure and holy fucking shit, they actually are claiming the spring game as a win.  aggy jokes really do write themselves.

It's not the first time they've done that. They're morons.

40 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Those of us who went to real military academies never even paid any attention to A&M. We did laugh at their gay ass boots.

Laugh at them? They won the wars while a few of your guys won a few battles! Lee, Grant, Patton, Pershing, MacArthur and Eisenhower are just a few of A&M's distinguished alumni. Or at least they wished they had been.

Meanwhile, my Facebook feed this week is full of pictures of the Bush family motorcade going through College Station. No offense to the Bush family, and no CR, I just find the pictures creepy as fuck because it's just a hearse passing in front of Bed, Bath & Beyond, several local banks, Target, etc. It could be anybody's hearse in anytown, USA. It looks so incredibly fucking surreal, Rod Serling wouldn't believe it. Shouldn't somebody so important have, you know, grander scenery to pass through on their final journey?

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

My friend, fish camp lied to you when they told you aggy was founded as a military institution and that the aggy corps is in any way connected with the U.S. Military. The Texas A&M Corps of Cadets is a civilian fraternity and is entirely separate and distinct from the Texas A&M ROTC program.

ROTC programs are open to any individual registered at the school acting as a host to the ROTC program. Any student can participate in the aggy ROTC program, regardless of whether they are in the aggy corps fraternity, just as any aggy student can be the in the aggy corps without being associated with the ROTC. It is that simple.

As for your claim about the aggy corps commissioning more officers into the military that USAFA and West point. We all know that is bullshit. Not even close to being true. You should be ashamed to make such intentionally dishonest statements. The whole "more aggy officers during WWII than West Point and USNA combined" is also a lie. That knowingly false example of puffery was yet another example of how small-mined, pathetic rednecks with low self esteem create false impressions because the reality of their accomplishments is utterly unimpressive. If the truth were enough, aggys would stick to the truth. Not only do aggys not stick to the truth, they knowingly hide from the truth and promote fabrications and lies, such as the one you just promoted on this forum.

And as for civilian fraternity members dressing up in costumes and saluting other civilians, it is a free country. This debate isn't about the right of self expression or  the right of aggys to invite ridicule and mockery. That is an aggy turdition, and probably always will be. I was just questioning the quality of the education offered at Texas A&M that leads fraternity members dressed up in costumes to think saluting other civilians is anything other than extremely odd. It is yet another bizarre custom that is a product of the freak show of a culture we know as aggy. 

Sorry to confuse you with the facts Randy. 

Texas A&M has commissioned over 80,000 officers in the Armed Forces over it's 142 year history. West Point comes in second with just over 60,000. It is a fact.

Every freshman and sophomore in the Corps is in the ROTC. You do not have to be the in the Corps to be in the ROTC. About half of the juniors and seniors in the Corps are under military contract and/or military scholarship. That is a fact.

Texas A&M University is one of six Senior Military Colleges and also the youngest of the six. The others are the CItadel, Virginia Military Institute, University of North Georgia, Virgina Tech and Norwich University. US Naval Academy had just over 3,300 commissioned officers in WW II. Westpoint had just over twice that many. Texas A&M had over 14,000. Most of them were sent to the war after only three years or less of college from all three institutions. Those are facts. If you want to call the Corps a fraternity, go ahead. By the definition of a fraternity you are correct.  They are the largest and oldest uniformed "fraternity" in the country.

Again, sorry to confuse you Randy, it is getting easier and easier everyday.

Keep up the entertainment.

• Fuck You 18

2 minutes ago, Buster said:

Texas A&M has commissioned over 80,000 officers in the Armed Forces over it's 142 year history. West Point comes in second with just over 60,000. It is a fact.

Every freshman and sophomore in the Corps is in the ROTC. You do not have to be the in the Corps to be in the ROTC. About half of the juniors and seniors in the Corps are under military contract and/or military scholarship. That is a fact.

Texas A&M University is one of six Senior Military Colleges and also the youngest of the six. The others are the CItadel, Virginia Military Institute, University of North Georgia, Virgina Tech and Norwich University. US Naval Academy had just over 3,300 commissioned officers in WW II. Westpoint had just over twice that many. Texas A&M had over 14,000. Most of them were sent to the war after only three years or less of college from all three institutions. Those are facts. If you want to call the Corps a fraternity, go ahead. By the definition of a fraternity you are correct.  They are the largest and oldest uniformed "fraternity" in the country.

This seems offensive to real military service men and community colleges. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Buster said:

How many of those commissions were the 90 day wonders?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Buster said:

giphy.gif

During WWII, the U.S. military used most of the universities in the country to supplement their officer corp.  For example the U.S. Navy commissioned approximately 125,000 officers through their V12 program which utilized 131 different universities (including the University of Texas).  At the time the country's university facilities were being under utilized due to the fact that the vast majority of college age males were off fighting in the war.  Under the navy V12 program, the navy sponsored candidates in a university program that lasted approximately 12 months, sent them off to a boot camp, and then commissioned them as officers.

30 minutes ago, Buster said:

West Point has only commissioned 60,000 officers?

That seems... low

5 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

West Point has only commissioned 60,000 officers?

That seems... low

They graduate about 1,000 per year.  No idea how long that's been the case, but one would assume it's been that way for more than 50 years. Meaning... yeah, that number is probably a bit on the low side.

But the idea that aggy would be doing anything other than spewing a dishonest talking point on the subject is kind of laughable.

A GOLL post from the old Shag on 90 day wonders and aggy being aggy

You neglect to explain why they were called "90-day wonders." That term was a holdover from World War I, when fresh conscripts were trained at various military barracks (some of which were on university campuses) in only 90 days.

At the outset of World War II, the War Department contracted with a number of universities to reprise the university-based training model that was started in World War I. Among those universities was Texas A&M, but it wasn't the only one. Notre Dame and Michigan State also participated. Under that contract, students went to the university strictly for purposes of completing a four-month training course, after which they graduated and became NCO's. Notre Dame and Michigan State kept them segregated from the rest of the university and kept up their academic functions.

Texas A&M didn't. They went a step further and enrolled these recruits in the university, and conferred a degree on them after only three semesters (Fall, Spring, and Summer). That entitled these "college graduates" to a commission. So you can imagine how annoyed USMA and USNA grads were that these "90-day wonders" got a commission after only a year at an agricultural trade school, while they had had to go through four years of legitimate military academy training.

But the funny thing is that aggy still takes their numbers--if not their quality--as a point of perverse pride.

• Like 1

From my personal experience the people who enter the military after attending a university do so for 2 reasons, either they want to pursue additional schooling and have it paid for or they have no other options as far as a career goes.  The second option far outweighs the first so I'm not real impressed that so many aggys enter the military after getting a degree.  All that tells me is that the school did a poor job in helping them to secure a post graduation job.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, Buster said:

Another group of civilians that liked to salute.  I bet you “a dollar” that the dude circled is a relative of Mr. Duke.august_landmesser_2.jpg

3 hours ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Well they do feast on weak competition for their wins...

59 minutes ago, Buster said:

The Corp of Cadets is not military! You don't get to make up your own uniforms and claim it's military uniforms.