• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

11 hours ago, markstanco said:

If aggy is smart (I know) they should throw 2 million to Castiglione. Great AD and well respected around the country among his peers. They like to money whip so here is their chance.

A&M is such a step down from OU, I'd be surprised if Castliglione made that move even for more money

he does strike me as a "win at all costs rules are for fags" type of cheater though so the fit is definitely there

The whole show is pretty good. Crying into their beers and propaganda at the same time. 

A couple of highlights I like is Looch going on at 38:45 going on this indignant rant about how texags will be fun again and is banning all trolls. 45:00 "Texas A&M is not a clown show". 55:00 Looch owns himself with "The Jimbo hire was kept way quiter than people realize. Scott Woodward kept his eye on him for a long time. **realizing what he just said** and I know people will say, 'won't Scott do that for LSU too?' but uhhh they won't because they'll have other targets." LOL 

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/texags.blob.core.windows.net/audio/0116229-cmrt.mp3

• Like 2

LSU is a lateral move from A&M even though it's won two national titles in the last 16 years and played for another
Lulz. A dumber statement was never made.

Just the food available in red stick as compared to your aggylan shithole gives the lie to your nincompoopery.

Keep digging your hole mr lame aggy troll twatwaffle.

Whoop eh?

2 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I think my favorite is the guy who says aggy will be up on LSU by more than three touchdowns at halftime.

Newsflash: Ed Orgeron may be dumber than a stuffed skunk, but LSU is going in dry on aggy in Red Stick this year. After what happened at dead dog stadium last fall? Don't think for one moment that anybody on that LSU sideline will be satisfied with anything other than an ass whippin' of redneck cajun proportions.

rep for "dumber than a stuffed skunk" and "dead dog stadium"

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

The whole show is pretty good. Crying into their beers and propaganda at the same time. 

A couple of highlights I like is Looch going on at 38:45 going on this indignant rant about how texags will be fun again and is banning all trolls. 45:00 "Texas A&M is not a clown show". 55:00 Looch owns himself with "The Jimbo hire was kept way quiter than people realize. Scott Woodward kept his eye on him for a long time. **realizing what he just said** and I know people will say, 'won't Scott do that for LSU too?' but uhhh they won't because they'll have other targets." LOL 

Damn, that is gold.  That dumb SOB is so perfect for their fanbase.  There can't be a single soul on this planet outside of their fanbase that takes that dumbass the least bit seriously.

43 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

LSU is a lateral move from A&M even though it's won two national titles in the last 16 years and played for another

Their delusion truly is boundless.

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/texags.blob.core.windows.net/audio/0116229-cmrt.mp3

Sooo also in this, Looch was asked a timetable on a new permanent AD."Very soon. Within 2 weeks. This won't be a Mike Perrin situation." 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2

most schools started to outgrow the idea of their former football coach being the athletic director in the 1990s, when Title IX's impact on athletic departments and the size and scope of university television deals transformed the skillset of the athletic director position from "hire and fire coaches" to "run a modern corporation"

not the A&M Aggies though!!!!

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 2

Just now, SwanderedTalent said:

most schools started to outgrow the idea of their former football coach being the athletic director in the 1990s, when athletic departments and the university television deals transformed the skillset of the athletic director position from "hire and fire coaches" to "run a modern corporation"

LOL.  It's funny because it's true.  Listen, I get to an extent the aggy-argument.  Yes, they are a big school.  Yes, they have deep pockets.  Yes, they have a robust alumni base.  Yes, LSU's athletic department has had it's string of recent issues

Also yes, they a rich history of kicking themselves square in the dick.  And it's glorious....

SevenStages.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Your weekly transcription time

(starting at 38:45)

Mod: Now again, I'm not saying, I don't want you to give anything away and anything that you know. When I start to look at this and the next AD hire. I'm starting going, What athletic departments around the country do you respect the way they do things? And..

Looch: There's about 10 of them

Mod: yeah...and that's all I'm looking at and what are those guys and those situations? The decision makers at A&M. That's the issue I think the fanbase doesn't trust. It's like those decision makers just let Scott Woodward walk away. Why should we trust them to go make the right hire here? 

Looch: I tried to do a chat last night and there was actually for lack of a better word, were a complete anonymous jackass or two. And they were complaining about that, and you know complaining they weren't getting enough info. And they are no longer a part of the site. Because I'm not putting up with jack you-know-what anymore. And if you're listening and you've been banned. You ain't coming back. cause I'm not putting up with crap on that board. That is going to be a fun place to go, it's going to be, where people can talk Aggy football without being shouted down.  And if you're going to come in there and complain and bitch, about things, your butt is out.

Mod: He was not happy last night. He was fired up. 

Looch: My days with putting up with that crap are over. So if you're listening and your on Texags, and you get annoyed by those people with that attitude, the people with the 1% that come on and make it unbearable for the other 99% of you guys. Let me let you know that I am purging that crap.  And I will make it my mission to purge those people. 

Mod: And here's the deal. He's gonna do it. Like, He's going to do it. He will go through spells where he forgets about it. The people that has pissed him off. . He will do it too. And everyone who has pissed him off in that spell and that little span will be gone. 

Looch: And it makes the site better. And like I said. It's not about disagreeing. It's not about complaining. It's not about asking for more or critiquing, or you know being quote on quote negative. God only knows, the funniest thing I get is that you can't be negative on Texags.  Are you bleepitty bleeping kidding me? You can't be negative on Texags? You can't say a negative thing about a coach, an AD, a recruit, a player? Are you freaking kidding me? It's not that. Don't be an ass. That's my motto. Don't be an ass to your friends. Don't be an ass on Texags. Don't be an ass at a restaurant to a server. Don't be an ass at a drive through. Don't...It's simple. Family. Friends. Don't do that on Texags, and you can post as much as you want, as long as you want. You can be as negative as you want. You can be cluelessly positive if you want. You can put your maroon colored glassed on.  drink your maroon koolaid. whatever you want. Don't act like a couple of people last night. Now, with that said. 

Mod: are you confident in the decision makers?

Looch: Yes, and here's why. There's a lot of egg on the face right now and there's a lot of people watching, and that's a great motivator to do the right thing, when you've kind of, when the whole world knows that something got screwed up. And everyone's looking, like...okay decision makers, how did this happen. And here's the other thing, those people still whether you believe it or not, they do, you can screw up and still have A&M's best interest at heart. You might have been wrong, you might have done something wrong and handled it wrong, but like, people on the board are sitting there, they don't want...they want to get another great AD in here. Whether or not, you know the fact that Scott Woodward shouldn't of left is a side deal. You're talking about a hire. Let's talk about hires. It doesn't have to do with Scott going home to LSU. Let's look at the last hires that A&M has you know. Scott Woodward. Jimbo Fisher, Buzz Williams. Scott hired them. Michael Young.  I think Texas A&M in general as a whole has been making, whether it was Woodward doing it in Athletics, or vice versa, they have been making good strong hires. I'm a million percent convinced that will continue especially... this is a damn attractive job. Now, the new guy's gonna have some tough questions and they need to, and he's going to need to get answers to that, and most notably who is going to be the president. That's going to be a big part of it. But yeah, I think without question, this a job that most people would crawl to still. And I mean real ADs. When you look at what's here, what's to offer. It's a South Eastern Conference job. There are only about 12 of those, 11 of them that are like incredibly appealing in all of. There aren't many SEC premiere jobs available. And that's kind of the holy grail for an athletic director. And i think, I think, you know, it's a challenge for anybody, to look at a place like this, and go wow, I could go there and I can win championships, and they haven't won championships there. And in a perfect world, I won't have to hire a football coach or basketball coach for awhile. On top of that, they're very proven. One of them is a national championship coach. Buzz Williams is so proven, at multiple stops , he's a conference champ and a sweet sixteen coach. Like...and oh by the way, because of this FUBAR that happened, you're going to be paid a quite a bit of money too, because A&M has to go out and get the guy, 

Mod: Isn't the first question, whoever they zero in on, isn't the first question in his mind, to the A&M brass gonna be like. Why would Scott Woodward leave a place like this? What caused him to leave this place? What caused him to leave? Am I going to have to come in and to deal with this stuff? 

Looch: I think they can overcome it. For all the reasons I just said. Nothing's perfect. Texas A&M is not a clown show. I think sometimes we get frustrated and rightfully so. I think last night. I think everyone had a right to be extremely frustrated and disappointed and even off the rails a little bit. I think that was on of those rare times, yeah, throw your hands in the air like you just don't care. No, but you know, I felt like, it was fine. There are times when I was like, a mini slight meltdown was warranted and that was one of them. I get it, and I was right there with you. But this is not a clown show here. it's been at times in the past. It's not man. This is a very attractive situation. Because ADs and good ones that are at Big Schools understand nowhere is perfect. Everywhere's got issues. There is nowhere where your gonna go and it's the perfect situation of you know  like President, chancellor, head coach, athletic director, board, donors. This place is probably the best when it comes to donors, with big big big time money that don't meddle and don't bother. You'd be surprised. I mean you'd be really surprised when coaches get here. And ADs, they're like, wow, All these big oil guys, all these guys with petroleum, everybody in the petroleum industry, all this money, and they don't meddle. They don't demand stuff. They don't demand the head coach be on speed dial.  You know like...this place does not have more issues than others. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

What athletic departments around the country do you respect the way they do things? 

Looch: There's about 10 of them

A&M hasn't finished in the top 4 in football since WWII and has never made a Final Four in basketball

but please tell us which 120 FBS athletic departments are coming up short in your estimation

12 minutes ago, po elvis said:

I don't get the "Gay...Fine by Me" shirt. Why does it matter how she feels about gay people?

"Oh, you are gay? Well, that is fine by me."

"Well, I really didn't care if it was fine with you. I'm kind of going to be gay anyways."

What's even better is she thinks it is putting her on some progressive high ground, when in reality it makes her seem like a closeted homophobe.  

Like... if you aren't fine with gay people in 2019 chances are you're a bigoted piece of shit. 

Might as well read a shirt that says "Black? Fine by me"

Yeah. It fucking should be. 

• Like 1

most schools started to outgrow the idea of their former football coach being the athletic director in the 1990s, when Title IX's impact on athletic departments and the size and scope of university television deals transformed the skillset of the athletic director position from "hire and fire coaches" to "run a modern corporation"
Are you SURE REALLY SURE that it is not The NMSU or UC Davis Aggies? That it for sure is the Herb Alpert Aggies? Do you even know for sure that Herb Alpert has Aggies?

fa36069debef33405a608e894acce627.jpg

Whoop eh?

Squeeeze aggy boy squeeeeeeeeeeze.

958355393e63f1d38114502ce30f88b9.jpg