• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, texaslong said:

The real question is why would he want to come here? He's only about winning championships, which is clearly why he chose aggy.

Depends on how you define "championships" I guess. Jimbo already won a Natty for aggy. The trophy says so! Hall of Champions is Lit!

2 hours ago, The Grassy Nole said:

Honestly everything you said helps them in recruiting (which is probably more important in the grand scheme for their future) Texas really needs to get back to winning again so it can further halt aggy recruiting.  Otherwise I would also throw in that they play South Carolina every year too, I know Muschamp got a lot of criticism while at UF but I always thought he was still learning the ropes there and ultimately met his end at Gainesville.  Muschamp will still get a lot of quality players on his team because he is a great recruiter; so I wouldn't rule out South Carolina giving aggy some fits in the next couple of seasons and beyond.  Otherwise your concern is warranted upon them acquiring good talent, I feel they are primed to do well in that arena; however their current team is going to have some growing pains the next two seasons for sure.  Oddly I can see aggy giving Jimbo a pass if he does mediocre his first two seasons because I can see him doing well in recruiting.  Jimbo will be known as a builder at FSU and was far from a maintainer.  I can see him doing the same at aggy, and peaking around year 4 or 5; however he will regress shortly after (assuming he is still there). 

I certainly agree that Texas needs to get back to winning.

And the rest is pretty much irrelevant.

Why in Gods green earth would be want Dumbo Baggins to begin with?
extra for the next Lord of the Rings movie
I agree with that ag.  They were our bitch.
Also, it's not disrespect when we're objectively better and smarter than you, aggys.  Simply reality.

That fool said they could beat Texas 1000x. Man, at the rate they are going, how long would that take.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

2.) Miss State won't be able to sustain its current level of success IMO and has a new coach

3.) Ole Miss's coach sucks and they can't cheat anymore / have sanctions

I think there's a good chance both Mississippi schools upgraded. People act like Mullen and Freeze were gods. Mullen went 33-39 in the SEC and Freeze went 19-21 in the SEC.

Moorhead was a very good hire and Matt Luke actually has some recruiting juice. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ousux said:
10 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
I can give you 75 million reasons why Jimbo chose aggy.

I'm up to jizz jars, dead dog scoreboard and nut squeezing, can you fill in the next 74, 999, 997 reasons for me?

False title claiming, dateless national championship plaques, stairs that lead to nowhere to name a few more.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

And we all know Jimbo's track record without a top-level QB. https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Season/2019-Football/Offers

aggy is fucked.

Dude, what’re you talking about? Didn’t you see Starkel shred that vaunted wake forest defense in the belk bowl last year?

Edited by X-Wing @Aliciousness

I find it telling that the ags are no longer even trying to push their bullshit fantasy that Jimbo was going open a recruiting pipeline to the state of Florida. He has offers out to 26 prospects from Florida, and he is only getting a mild response from two, both three-star prospects.

He also has 15 offers out to California kids. Not one of them is interested in aggy. Until and unless aggy can recruit nationally at a high level, they will never be able to build a competitive two-deep roster. And if he doesn't get a quality QB this cycle, he may be as screwed as Sumlin was the day after signing day 2013.

Comparing how Herman and Jimbo are approaching this cycle is interesting. Herman has 108 offers out, 13 (12%) of which are three-star or less. Jimbo has 171 offers out, 47  three-star or less (27%).

So far it appears Jimbo's strategy is to coach-up in-state talent and move DeMarvin Leal to quarterback. Sounds brilliant.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

I find it telling that the ags are no longer even trying to push their bullshit fantasy that Jimbo was going open a recruiting pipeline to the state of Florida. He has offers out to 26 prospects from Florida, and he is only getting a mild response from two, both three-star prospects.

He also has 15 offers out to California kids. Not one of them is interested in aggy. Until and unless aggy can recruit nationally at a high level, they will never be able to build a competitive two-deep roster. And if he doesn't get a quality QB this cycle, he may be as screwed as Sumlin was the day after signing day 2013.

Comparing how Herman and Jimbo are approaching this cycle is interesting. Herman has 108 offers out, 13 (12%) of which are three-star or less. Jimbo has 171 offers out, 47  three-star or less (27%).

So far it appears Jimbo's strategy is to coach-up in-state talent and move DeMarvin Leal to quarterback. Sounds brilliant.

They know Texas is focused on getting Texas best recruits too. Plus WRTS was a massive failure. 

2007_Tech_at_Texas_Flag-840x440.jpeg

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/c0aea052-09ea-3614-8195-f204da6e989d/ss_as-texas-a%26m-coach-jimbo.html

Five months after he was wooed to Texas A&M and signed to the most lucrative coaching contract in college football history, Jimbo Fisher's plans for the program are crystalizing. So, too, is his personal life in College Station. Fisher and his wife of 22 years, Candi, divorced in December 2015. They have two sons, Trey and Ethan. During his introductory news conference in Aggieland last Dec. 4, attended by his sons, Fisher was asked whether the boys will live in College Station full-time. "Our family is -- we're adjusting right now," Fisher said. "We will always be together and we're adjusting those things right now."

Edited by Machinator

aggy was pushing the narrative as recently as last season that the State of Texas produces a bunch of soft, coddled players who are clearly not SEC caliber. Now, their only recruiting successes are from in-State players. So how will aggy justify this elite group of soft entitled non-SEC pussies they are so excited about? I have no doubt they will find a jizz jar for the job.  

The Higher Education Coordinating Board released their 2018 Almanac of Texas colleges and universities.

As compared to last year, aggy enrollment is up another 2,400 students to 62,800 and they have fewer faculty members to teach them. Funding per student continues to decline. Their acceptance rate is up from 65.8% to 69.5%. The % of students in the top 10% of their class predictably fell yet again this year. Total research expenditures fell slightly.

Meanwhile, on the 40 acres, enrollment increased by 140 students, total faculty increased slightly (UT Austin has more than 10,000 fewer students than aggy but 300 more faculty members than they do). The UT admissions rate fell, yet again. Spending per student rose, yet again (lower tuition revenue, higher state and federal funding), research spending was higher, graduation rate was higher.

Texas A&M - quantity over quality.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ousux said:

Jimbo's ridiculous contract..

You mean the richest total contract ever given to college football coach?  To a cuck who was de facto let walk from his previous job and had zero bargaining leverage?  Power move.

17 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

You’re forgetting the aggy factor, Nole.  Its force is like dark matter.  You can’t measure it but it makes up half their being. It will consume Baggins too.

Very true, they are a delusional bunch who seems to routinely throw logic out the window.  I do find it amazing how they overbid for a coach who is clearly regressing.  Jimbo benefited from a special time at FSU where all the football programs around them were down, they acquired a few generational players in key positions due to down recruiting at the neighboring programs, and a period of time before the ACC transitioned into a decent football league.   Jimbo has always been arrogant;  but this period really ramped it up and I don't see that true piece of him ever disappearing.  I don't expect for him to be going "full aggy" for much longer due to his proud nature; however I am looking forward to the inevitable meltdown\faction wars between him, the fan base, and the university's administration.  I said it before and I will say it again, Thank you A&M for getting rid of this cancer from FSU; while he helped to build up FSU in a down period, he was never equipped to continue a juggernaut pace after a few years.  It will be a lot of fun to watch this all unfold after season 2 when they inevitable finish at the 7-5 area and all the aggy faithful begin to question their new lord and savior.  Grab your popcorn; the aggy\jimbo rollercoaster will be grand in 2020.

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

The Higher Education Coordinating Board released their 2018 Almanac of Texas colleges and universities.

As compared to last year, aggy enrollment is up another 2,400 students to 62,800 and they have fewer faculty members to teach them. Funding per student continues to decline. Their acceptance rate is up from 65.8% to 69.5%. The % of students in the top 10% of their class predictably fell yet again this year. Total research expenditures fell slightly.

Meanwhile, on the 40 acres, enrollment increased by 140 students, total faculty increased slightly (UT Austin has more than 10,000 fewer students than aggy but 300 more faculty members than they do). The UT admissions rate fell, yet again. Spending per student rose, yet again (lower tuition revenue, higher state and federal funding), research spending was higher, graduation rate was higher.

And the increase in students is filled with those who received a rejection letter from UT

6 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

I realize this is not what aggy has in mind, but Perry and sharps “reforms” are in the long run a good thing for the state of Texas. 

It wasn’t that long ago in the early 90s that aggy was actually competitive with UT for admissions of students. This was the case for 2 reasons: (1) UT brass naively thinking that as of the early 90s aggy has changed, and (2) the aggy administration actually having its most effective leadership ever under Bowen. 

Subsequent events of course proved that kind of thinking completely wrong.

So now UT, aggy and the state of Texas are currently pursuing a higher education model similar to what exists in California. You have the more elite system for Cal-Berkeley, UCLA, UT Austin, UT Dallas and the like, then you have the rest to educate the masses like aggy, west Texas aggy, Fresno state and San Diego state, et al. 

Works for me. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 1

aggy has to grow their base of future middle managers making around $50-60k a year so they can expand the "aggy network" and send in their $350 donations to the foundation to help pay Jimbo's salary. The more middle managers at $350 a pop, the more money comes in. Simple maths. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Educating the masses is one thing. Brainwashing them into a cult is another. It's not good for Texas.

Yes I agree with this. This state would be a hell of a lot better off if aggy would move its campus to Baton Rouge. 

What I’m trying to point out is aggy has always brainwashed its Texas students to overall negative effects going back over 100 years. The difference is now they are effectively conceding their second class status ipso facto, if not as a real true self aware admission. I consider that a good thing, or at least a good first step. 

2 hours ago, RedDirtTexan said:

aggy has to grow their base of future middle managers making around $50-60k a year so they can expand the "aggy network" and send in their $350 donations to the foundation to help pay Jimbo's salary. The more middle managers at $350 a pop, the more money comes in. Simple maths. 

Nailed it!

4 hours ago, RedDirtTexan said:

Hey there, all you middle men
Throw away your fancy clothes
And while you're out there sittin' on a fence
So get off your ass and come down here
Cause rock 'n' roll ain't no riddle man
To me it makes good, good sense
Good sense, let's go

• Haha 1

I think there's a good chance both Mississippi schools upgraded. People act like Mullen and Freeze were gods. Mullen went 33-39 in the SEC and Freeze went 19-21 in the SEC.
Moorhead was a very good hire and Matt Luke actually has some recruiting juice. 
Yea, ask the boosters if they would rather have Mullen or moorhead.

Maybe Florida should have hired moorhead instead?

5 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

I realize this is not what aggy has in mind, but Perry and sharps “reforms” are in the long run a good thing for the state of Texas. 

It wasn’t that long ago in the early 90s that aggy was actually competitive with UT for admissions of students. This was the case for 2 reasons: (1) UT brass naively thinking that as of the early 90s aggy has changed, and (2) the aggy administration actually having its most effective leadership ever under Bowen. 

Subsequent events of course proved that kind of thinking completely wrong.

So now UT, aggy and the state of Texas are currently pursuing a higher education model similar to what exists in California. You have the more elite system for Cal-Berkeley, UCLA, UT Austin, UT Dallas and the like, then you have the rest to educate the masses like aggy, west Texas aggy, Fresno state and San Diego state, et al. 

Works for me. 

Bowen was far from the most effective leadership they ever had. Robert Gates was actually making plans to turn them into a respectable University. 

Let’s be honest, the world needs middle men. aggy has built a model to create an army of them. The problem is, they are the types who will spit (or jizz) in your food at the Whataburger drive through if they suspect you are a damn ‘sip.