Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

More:

Hide contents

DdWgWvwVQAAi5M0.jpgDdWgZeHV4AAj7l9.jpgDdWgbKxVAAAVpIs.jpg

In my mind, the horns are on the precipice of falling into perpetual irrelevance, while we're doing the opposite.

I, for one, am stunned that this is how an aggy sees things playing out.

Edited by Hank Chinaski

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

DdWgWvwVQAAi5M0.jpg
Wait wait wait..."longhorns don't care so much about what happens on the field. They'll be puffing their chest out until then because they'll get to play Bama"?  Isn't that the epitome of aggy?  Bragging about being in the SECSEC and playing Bama then losing to every SEC team with a pulse?
It's called "projecting" in psyche terms, that aggy just described himself and other aggys perfectly.
  • Haha 1

Can never imagine our boys standing in the tunnel, scared as shit, satisfied with and grateful for being on the same field as Big Bad Bama. That's aggy in a nutshell, not us.

Our boys are going to want to kick them in the teeth and win the fucking game. aggy satisfied with "giving them all they could handle" and "just running out of time."

These aggys don't understand the pride and winning tradition of our Texas Longhorns. I wonder why.

Yes, aggy, you were invited to the SEC so those teams could recruit in Texas. And they knew you’d never be a threat to ever win. And you’d be grateful and would puff your sizzle chests out to be able to fluff Bama every year. Because you’re pitiful losers.

• Like 2

I

Yes, aggy, you were invited to the SEC so those teams could recruit in Texas. And they knew you’d never be a threat to ever win. And you’d be grateful and would puff your sizzle chests out to be able to fluff Bama every year. Because you’re pitiful losers.
They really don't realize that was the one and only reason they were let in the SEC..

Edit- also increased tv viewership/money as well, aggy is a diploma mill after all.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, PatSolitanojr said:

>Hire an old cuck that got run out of his last school because he ran out of Heismans? 

Aggy, being Aggy, will never acknowledge that they got Jimbo because FSU told him to take a hike. Taggart isn't having any of the issues Jimbo had. The Hobbit's personality defects caused all those supposed "issues"

5 hours ago, Modessit said:

The funny thing about those TexAg screenshots is that if you replaced "Horns" with "aggy" and added "A&M" after every "Texas" reference, it would all suddenly be true.

That's usually how it works with their posts

The lack of critical analysis skills of your average ag is always a source of great comedy.

On yesterday's announcement of Texas' OOC schedule for the next 10 years:

"their conf play is so weak they have to schedule games from other conference opponents to give their schedule legitimacy."

https://texags.com/forums/6/topics/2951254/replies/51789127

The take from a dispassionate outsider:

"certain to be among the marquee non-conference games of their respective college football seasons, likely to be scheduled for nationally televised primetime slots."

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/05/93194/urban-meyer-vs-tom-herman-would-be-an-intriguing-matchup-but-it-might-never-happen-now

They are, quite simply, some of the dumbest people on the planet. Utterly clueless about the world around them.

"their conf play is so weak they have to schedule games from other conference opponents to give their schedule legitimacy."

A) Our schedule was stronger than yours last year, lying aggy

B) This is what bluebloods do.  Play each other.  Not that you would know.

C) We're not cowards with our OOC schedule like you who schedules 3 high school teams annually.

Edited by Scholz

Via Tarp at Aggy247- 

A&M's football revenues middle of the road in the SEC  (A&M ranked eighth in the SEC in football revenues 

The end of the Kevin Sumlin era at Texas A&M didn’t just result in declining wins on the football and unrealized expectations. It also meant that fans and others tuned out the Aggies to the extent that it hit the athletic department where it really hurts…the pocketbook.

The U.S. Department of Education recently posted figures on football revenue for the nation’s athletic departments for the 2016-2017 fiscal year (July 2016 to June 2017). Although Texas A&M is considered to be one of the richest athletic departments in the country (and it is), the stagnation of the football program under Sumlin resulted in declining revenues and the Aggies didn’t compare so well to their SEC brethren.

A&M ranked eighth in the SEC in football revenues in 2016-17 at $70.4 million which was a 4% decrease from 2015-16. While it’s a measure of the financial strength of the SEC that their revenues would have placed the Aggies in the top five schools in the Big Ten, it’s still a reminder of just how tough the SEC is in all aspects of competition (both on and off the field) thanks to its lucrative sources of revenue such as its television contracts, the SEC Network (an example of how to do a network right unlike the Pac 12), and bowl tie ins (which put the conference front and center on New Year’s Day).

In fact, the Aggies ranked behind Arkansas, LSU, Auburn, and Alabama in the SEC West in revenues despite having a renovated Kyle Field as perhaps the country’s best on campus revenue generator. While it should come as no surprise that Alabama topped the $100 million mark in revenues, the fact that the Aggies trailed even Arkansas ($71.2 million) is something of a surprise.

It’s not like A&M didn’t spend anything on the sport either. Although the Tide spent over $62 million on football and that makes A&M’s $31 million appear lacking…A&M’s total is the third highest figure in the SEC West. 

But here’s something else to think about: football is the cash cow which sustains an athletic department. Auburn, LSU, and Alabama all topped $100 million in total revenues for their men’s teams while the Aggies lagged behind at $84 million. The disparity in athletic department revenues can be traced almost entirely to the disparity in football revenues.

Given the fact that Sumlin was considered a dead man walking even before A&M athletic director Scott Woodward indicated in May 2017 that Sumlin had to do better or else, the lack of excitement towards football had a negative impact not just on that sport’s revenues but those of the department as a whole. With Jimbo Fisher at the helm and more excitement than what we’ve seen in recent years, the Aggies’ revenues should start to climb once again.

24 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Via Tarp at Aggy247- 

A&M's football revenues middle of the road in the SEC  (A&M ranked eighth in the SEC in football revenues )

If there was only some way people could have known this was going to happen....

With CDC cranking up the alumni cash machine for the upcoming facilities upgrades, the numbers from Belmont are going to be big. As it is, annual cash flow is north of $200 mil. Add a capital campaign and $300 mil is an easy number to exceed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Right after Jimbo was hired I had a conversation with a group of aggy. They were all talking shit about how this hire is the game changer and would propel them to national prominence forever and they would replace UT as the football power in the state. Finally I spoke up and asked them why they thought the SEC invited them to join their conference. Not a single one could answer that question with any semblance of truth and they knew it.

Finally I told them to think about something, when was the last time the SEC was won by a team not named Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida, Tennessee. Not a single person could answer that question. Then I dropped the bomb and left the whole room in silence. I told them the above listed schools didn't invite them to the party for them to win titles, they were invited to recruit this state. I told them that when and if aggy became a threat to those schools consistently they would get hammered by NCAA allegations as just happened to Ole Miss. The looks I got were hilarious because everyone in the room realized I just might be right. Especially when I reminded them the only times in history aggy was competitive was followed by NCAA sanctions.

• Like 4

I get where they’re coming from. I’m scared to play a school that we will always have an all time series lead against. Beat them the last we played. Beat them academically. Beat them financially. Beat them because our chicks are way hotter than their sheep. Beat them in coolness. etc....etc...etc....etc.......

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Barrett out here showing his ass

Who the fuck even is this? 

And obviously he's misinformed in saying that we'd benefit from winning because of conference pride... When the fuck did we ever have confidence pride? Go home barrett, your aggy is showing. 

aggy is 1-11 against LSU and Bama. Texas schedules LSU and Bama. But supposedly Texas is afraid of aggy.

Redneck logic.

Well, they might have a point. Doormats sometimes get lucky and win a game they shouldn't, (2012 aggy/bama) and nobody wants to be the opponent when said doormat gets lucky.

Why the fuck didn't aggy demand to play us last year instead of Missouri? The SEC chooses the match-ups, correct? Who's the real chicken? Bock bock bock bock!!!
That's twice aggy could have easily faced us in a bowl..

You know the Texas bowl would have taken a Texas/aggy matchup in a heartbeat.
  • Like 1