• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

8 hours ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

aggie only playing 4 away games is a joke, any other teams doing this? If so, it would have to be another mighty secsecsec school. When are they going to add another conference game, I think I heard Saban wants to.  

Ultimately, not playing tough OOC games, and not playing many away games only serves to harm their program. 18-22 yr-old athletes learn best by experiencing challenging situations. aggy players spend three OOC games every season learning nothing. And it shows. 

I ventured over to TexAgs to see what they had to say after both games yesterday. Over half of the comments on basically every thread included,  "But we have Jimbo". He is no doubt the highest profile coach they've had in a long time. If he can't make them relevant in the SEC and college football it might just destroy them. They have put all their eggs, and money, into this basket. It's almost sad... almost. 

4 hours ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Not only that, they were ranked going into yesterday's game. Two wins over directional Louisiana (one being FCS) and a close loss at home to Clemson and the voters thought they were the #22 team in the country.  (Christian Bale.gif)

On top of that, yesterday morning I had ESPN Radio on the car and they were doing the usual SEC sucking off about getting a third team into the CFP. One of the justifications for both Auburn and LSU was, "They will have gone through the SEC gauntlet.... blah blah blah.... including A&M". 

Getting respect they don't deserve and getting lumped in with good teams in their conference is EXACTLY why they made the 100 year decision. The SECMC is alive and well and paying off for aggy's quest for osmotic self-esteem. 

Here, lemme give you a hand with that. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Lmao at Saban using the aggy game to urge his team not to get overconfident due to the level of ass kicking they just issued.  He pretty much said we can’t let these big wins against cupcakes like this make us overlook someone on our schedule.  Then proceeded to ask the press to write some negative stories about them so he can use it to motivate his team.

9 minutes ago, Poolflood said:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2981282

They're top 15 in Sagarin pole.....

Which begs the question what the fuck is wrong with his computer.

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm#Predictions

Sargin puts a dumb amount weight on SOS and total stats so A&M blowing out scrubs inflates  their numbers and tricks the computer into thinking that A&M is playing very good at a high level.

Edited by Not a Sock

It is unprecedented how A&M as a program celebrates and defines itself by its losses instead of its wins.

Sumlin stole millions from them based on this weird phenomenon.  Only 4 games in now, Jimmy Cuck Cuck is learning the same. It is absolutely amazing what heights you can reach by losing in College Station.  

Ultimately, not playing tough OOC games, and not playing many away games only serves to harm their program. 18-22 yr-old athletes learn best by experiencing challenging situations. aggy players spend three OOC games every season learning nothing. And it shows. 

For aggy a water fountain is a challenging situation.
  • Like 1

I think jimbo figured out he can literally get blown out and his shitty aggy fanbase will spin it into a win. Why even try? Guaranteed $75 mil, fuck you pay me.
Gonna be funny when the fanbase starts turning on him and he goes all hamm and lashes out, but unlike fsu, aggy cant force him out w/o fuck you pay me, $75 mil bitches!

They truly are like hamm, jokes write themselves and everyone is laughing at them, yet no self awareness to see it.

Anyone mocking oneal on twitter or has that lil bitch been talking anymore trash?

• Like 1

I wanted to say I was greatly impressed (again) with the Texas A&M team yesterday. It is amazing what Jimbo has done in 9 months. My friends and I were at the game and were discussing how we think A&M is better than the rest of the SEC West, including LSU and AU. We hope you guys win them both.

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to College Station last year and was amazed at how friendly the fans were. Yesterday, I got to the game right before kickoff and didn't get to tailgate with any Aggie fans and return the kindness. For those that went, I hope you were treated great and had a safe trip home.

Good luck on the rest of the season.

Bama Alumnus 1993

Like fucking clockwork

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2981351

Edited by UTEX_ME

bamabama97 said:
Not that I'm defending our lesser angels, but I'd say the Tide fanbase has earned the right to be pretty cocky. I don't agree with cussing at out-of-towners, though. I remember the horns a few years back say this, but in our case it's the truth: We are the Joneses.

Take your Jones as back to your own board. TexAgs is the Jones of college message boards, *****.

^ so may levels

Edited by Welshy

Holy fuck. I can barely read this without cracking up.

(Damon Sayles) Commentary: Analyzing Saturday's loss shows A&M not that far off

Consider Texas A&M's college football litmus test officially passed.

Four games in, with a new head coach, a new staff and a new offensive and defensive scheme, Texas A&M can now go back to the drawing board and prepare for what it's hoping will be a run of the table with its remaining schedule. And after four games where there were many more highs than lows, even in losses to two national-powerhouse programs, running the table is not out of the picture for Jimbo Fisher and his staff.

Saturday's 45-23 loss to No. 1 Alabama, coupled with the Sept. 8 loss to then-No. 2 Clemson, have been solid learning opportunities for the Aggies. And while Fisher said he's not pleased with the end results, he's encouraged about the future and what this team can do throughout the rest of the regular season. "We played the top two football teams in the country, and we've moved the ball up and down the field on both of them. They're great teams, but we moved the ball and had chances to score points," Fisher said. "We just have to be more consistent. We've got to understand how every play counts. When you play these caliber of teams, you cannot let any inch slip away. You've got to play every play of every second, and we're learning to do that."

Saturday's loss told a lot of stories. Starting with the negatives, the team still has a ways to go before being considered a national contender. Alabama accounted for 524 yards of total offense -- and most of that came through the air. That said, there were still a ton of positives in the loss for the Aggies. Alabama had 109 rushing yards, but take away a 35-yard run in the third quarter by Damien Harris, and the Aggie front-seven did everything it was supposed to do against the Crimson Tide.

Offensively, Texas A&M had nearly 400 yards of total offense, and while they were held to field goals on three occasions, they managed to get the ball in the red zone five times -- two more times than Alabama -- and score touchdowns on two occasions.

This Texas A&M team isn't a bad one. It's just not a great one. Not yet anyway. "We lost the ball at times, had opportunities to score points," Fisher said. "I wish we had gotten a touchdown or so more in the first half. ... But again, I thought our kids played hard. I thought we competed. We've got to understand where there are momentum swings." Fisher added: "We had 400 yards against [Alabama]. Not many people do that. We moved the football and had opportunities."

Moral victories don't count, and the Aggies don't want them, but the last team to score 21 or more points on the Crimson Tide at Bryant-Denny Stadium was Ole Miss, when the Rebels scored a 43-37 upset win on Sept. 19, 2015. Points are hard to come by for any team playing Alabama at home. Texas A&M on Saturday had its shots at scoring 30 or more. For the season, Louisville scored 14 on Alabama. Ole Miss and Arkansas State combined to score 14. Ole Miss only put seven points on the board in Oxford.

Texas A&M fought on Saturday. It just ran into a better team. And to get better, the Aggies needed a game like that. They will now focus on their attention on Arkansas for the Southwest Classic at AT&T Stadium. Saturday was a chance to improve overall. Now it's time to see how the Aggies bounce back for the next eight games -- nine if a bowl invitation is earned. "We're not that far away. We'll keep grinding," Fisher said. "It's the next step, and we'll learn from it. That's a very good football team. I'm not happy, not satisfied, but we've just got to clean a couple of things up. We've got a chance to have a pretty decent team, in my opinion."

Edited by satyanash

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Holy fuck. I can barely read this without cracking up.

(Damon Sayles) Commentary: Analyzing Saturday's loss shows A&M not that far off

Hide contents

Texas A&M fought on Saturday. It just ran into a better team.

aggy hasn't lost this season...they have just run into better teams.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

What exactly has Jimbo done? They are 2-2 and just got buttfucked by a Bama team who seemed to be going through the motions a lot of that game. Their 2 wins are against shit Louisiana teams, one being FCS. 

Unless they are still pimping that close win against Clemson as their biggest accomplishment?

Sagarin's stupid poll has 3-1 Texas WITH a higher SOS behind 2-2 aggy.  Sagarin will soon have a prominent spot on aggy's wall of championships.

Some time back, in a thread on texags about how tough it was in the SEC, someone posted the comparisons of aggy and UT SOS calculated in Sagarin’s rankings since aggy ran away. Of course, overall UT’s SOS was higher during that period. The rest of the thread was posts about how Sagarin’s rankings were always shitty.

• Like 1

Bama could have had 2 more TD's at a minimum but they took their foot off the gas after their last touchdown.  

24 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Offensively, Texas A&M had nearly 400 yards of total offense, and while they were held to field goals on three occasions, they managed to get the ball in the red zone five times -- two more times than Alabama -- and score touchdowns on two occasions.

This is the most pathetic thing I have ever read.  So allowing Bama to score TDs from outside the red zone is now a good thing.  Regarded.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

What exactly has Jimbo done? They are 2-2 and just got buttfucked by a Bama team who seemed to be going through the motions a lot of that game. Their 2 wins are against shit Louisiana teams, one being FCS. 

Unless they are still pimping that close win against Clemson as their biggest accomplishment?

I wasn't at all surprised that they rejoiced in the Clemson loss.  Admittedly that was closer than I expected, so of course the moral victory parade was widely attended. 

But, how they can paint lipstick on the pig that was that Bama blowout is just hard to comprehend.  Had Sumlin coached these four games, they would be screaming that he only beats the scrubs and isn't ready to play with the big boys.

They are 2-2 with two wins against high school opponents and one suffocating blowout loss and they're already patting themselves on the back for the returns of their 75MM investment.

You do you, aggy. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I wasn't at all surprised that they rejoiced in the Clemson loss.  Admittedly that was closer than I expected, so of course the moral victory parade was widely attended. 

But, how they can paint lipstick on the pig that was that Bama blowout is just hard to comprehend.  Had Sumlin coached these four games, they would be screaming that he only beats the scrubs and isn't ready to play with the big boys.

They are 2-2 with two wins against high school opponents and one suffocating blowout loss and they're already patting themselves on the back for the returns of their 75MM investment.

You do you, aggy. 

so it only took a fast talking cuck to make aggy happy

Love this:

Others Receiving Votes

Brigham Young 141; South Florida 113; Syracuse 83; Colorado 73; Texas Christian 67; NC State 61; Texas Tech 56; South Carolina 52; California 38; Washington State 34; Florida 29; Texas A&M 29; Appalachian State 25; Iowa 23; Cincinnati 22; North Texas 17; Missouri 14; Maryland 9; Boston College 8; Arizona State 8; Southern California 8; San Diego State 6; Troy 5; Army 4; Arkansas State 3; Virginia 3; Utah 2; Buffalo 2.

There are people out there who actually believe Syracuse, Texas Tech, Cal, Washington State, and Florida are better football teams than Texas A&M.

1 minute ago, Welshy said:

Love this:

Others Receiving Votes

Brigham Young 141; South Florida 113; Syracuse 83; Colorado 73; Texas Christian 67; NC State 61; Texas Tech 56; South Carolina 52; California 38; Washington State 34; Florida 29; Texas A&M 29; Appalachian State 25; Iowa 23; Cincinnati 22; North Texas 17; Missouri 14; Maryland 9; Boston College 8; Arizona State 8; Southern California 8; San Diego State 6; Troy 5; Army 4; Arkansas State 3; Virginia 3; Utah 2; Buffalo 2.

There are people out there who actually believe Syracuse, Texas Tech, Cal, Washington State, and Florida are better football teams than Texas A&M.

They did get 12 more votes than unt, though. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

You do you, aggy. 

I just wonder how quick it will take them to turn on Jimbo like they did Sumlin. 2 years?

Jimbo has it made. Huge contract and doesn't even have to win any meaningful games. Hell there was more pressure at FSU for him to win.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

I just wonder how quick it will take them to turn on Jimbo like they did Sumlin. 2 years?

Jimbo has it made. Huge contract and doesn't even have to win any meaningful games. Hell there was more pressure at FSU for him to win.

They have a bigger gauntlet next year.. Clemson & Georgia on the road plus the usual suspects. I think they will make excuses for him until the cows come home for at least 3-4 years. 

Well, they did cover the spread in both the Clemson and Alabama game so I guess that is what they hang their hats on for now.

Frankly I thought they have looked better than last year which is an improvement, but they aren’t close to winning anything of significance. I think more than anything they have been lucky that clemson just wanted to escape college station with a W, and that Alabama was just toying with them and pulled starters in the 3rd/4th quarters.

I think they split the next 4 games vs Arkansas, Kentucky, South Carolina and Mississippi State to have them at .500. Then they finish off the season with Auburn, Ole Miss, LSU and nonconference throw away and will be thankful to split those, but more likely go 1-3.

6-6 is liking likely with 5-7 a distinct possibility. They’re probably a linebacker loss away from 4-8 if it happens soon and for any extended period of time.

Edited by Enchubben