Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

No way that shove is enough to fire Jimbo with cause - looks like he's just trying to get the team on the field before there are play clock issues.  It's not like Jimbo is leading with the crown of his helmet to Max's head and neck area.  (or to whatever area the little goblin's height would allow him to reach on Max - hip? thigh?).  

Besides, aggy is getting votes and is a ranked team!  At least they should be ranked according to the Lubbock AP guy:

image.png.5546d0070adc4d5ef8651441c09297b1.png

Best 5-4 team in the country, baby!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

The most notable thing he did there was make the news for saying some homophobic shit at one of their cheering practices. “A&M is where boys like girls unlike Austin…” He’s a redneck aggy meathead dipshit.

You’re as prickly as Aggies over a little funny comment from like 30 years ago. Same shit gets said about them in this board today.

2 minutes ago, TexLonghorn said:

No way that shove is enough to fire Jimbo with cause

I’m not an employment lawyer, but what’s this “for cause” talk? As I understand Jimbo’s ridiculous contract, aggy pays him a shit ton whether they fire him for a legitimate reason or no good reason at all.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

By the LSU game? If Johnson is out, there's a pretty good chance A&M could be down to their 4th string QB by LSU. 

A scrub or a freshman will just be fresh meat trying to catch up to the game for the first time with A&M's "protection."

Somewhere, Georgia I guess, Haynes King cracks a crooked smile.

Shane Falco have any eligibility left?

• Like 3

If Max has any “broken” ribs he’s out indefinitely. Hell,, cartilage damage would keep him out at least 1 start and maybe longer depending on severity. Anyone (and I am one) that has ever had any serious rib trauma knows what I’m talking about. If he did suffer any rib damage of the kind I mentioned, he isn’t playing (or shouldn’t be). Those hurt like a motherfucker and last for a while. Is there any confirmation on the rib injury speculation?

Also, it can’t help the situation when your head coach gives him a “gig-em” with his midget paw right in the point of injury.

Edited by Wishbone
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

I’m not an employment lawyer, but what’s this “for cause” talk? As I understand Jimbo’s ridiculous contract, aggy pays him a shit ton whether they fire him for a legitimate reason or no good reason at all.

That is my understanding, too. How does that happen? My guess is that Fisher’s agent told the TAMU AD, “Look, you want to win, right? Jimbo knows how, but,…he may have to play on the edges of the rules, if he’s going to beat Bama. You know the SEC. Don’t put stuff in his contract that will keep him from competing “. Those idiots, still revering Sherrill for cheating his ass off while dominating a dying SWC, would go for that. 

As for the Kubiak talk- could they be thinking about one of his kids, that work for Kyle Shanahan?

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

The most notable thing he did there was make the news for saying some homophobic shit at one of their cheering practices. “A&M is where boys like girls unlike Austin…” He’s a redneck aggy meathead dipshit.

Damn, just looked this up. Never knew about it before. 

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2021/01/15/dan-campbell-detroit-lions-head-coach/4182680001/

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Wishbone said:

If Max has any “broken” ribs he’s out indefinitely. Hell,, cartilage damage would keep him out at least 1 start and maybe longer depending on severity. Anyone (and I am one) that has ever had any serious rib trauma knows what I’m talking about. If he did suffer any rib damage of the kind I mentioned, he isn’t playing (or shouldn’t be). Those hurt like a motherfucker and last for a while. Is there any confirmation on the rib injury speculation?

Also, it can’t help the situation when your head coach gives him a “gig-em” with his midget paw right in the point of injury.

But he's so close to unlocking Jimbo's playbook!

39 minutes ago, statsman said:

That is my understanding, too. How does that happen? My guess is that Fisher’s agent told the TAMU AD, “Look, you want to win, right? Jimbo knows how, but,…he may have to play on the edges of the rules, if he’s going to beat Bama. You know the SEC. Don’t put stuff in his contract that will keep him from competing “. Those idiots, still revering Sherrill for cheating his ass off while dominating a dying SWC, would go for that. 

Fisher's agent wasn't the one trying to convince A&M to take Jimbo. The Aggies saw their chance to hire a "sitting national championship coach" and wouldn't take no for an answer. They were so proud that they could pay $75,000,00.00 guaranteed to draw Jimbo. The fact that he'd only come to that dump for such an absurd amount of money didn't register.

All they cared about was that Jimbo knows how to win a national championship. How he was leaving FSU or anything else didn't matter.

Jimbo's agent just smiled and let some time pass before returning A&M's calls.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Fisher's agent wasn't the one trying to convince A&M to take Jimbo. The Aggies saw their chance to hire a "sitting national championship coach" and wouldn't take no for an answer. They were so proud that they could pay $75,000,00.00 guaranteed to draw Jimbo. The fact that he'd only come to that dump for such an absurd amount of money didn't register.

All they cared about was that Jimbo knows how to win a national championship. How he was leaving FSU or anything else didn't matter.

Jimbo's agent just smiled and let some time pass before returning A&M's calls.

The only calls Jimbo’s agent is making is to a collection agency.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wishbone said:

You can play a football game with broken ribs with the right amount of pain killers and uppers. Can’t do it at QB, but I am certain it can be done at other high contact positions. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

You can play a football game with broken ribs with the right amount of pain killers and uppers. Can’t do it at QB, but I am certain it can be done at other high contact positions. 

I thought about it more after I posted, and I can see it. Of course it depends on severity and where the point of the problem is. As you said, QB would be very difficult as opposed to other skill positions. I know from experience that even breathing without pain was tough on me and on one occasion (yep, more than once) the break(s) were toward the back near the spine. You being from the greater Houston area I’m sure you know the Pastorini and Brian Donzis story. That flak jacket wouldn’t have helped me at all on that one, much less play contact sports. Without having any real knowledge of Max’s injury though, it’s all hypothetical speculation for me anyway. I just know rib injuries are painful as fuck and tricky to deal with. Especially if you are a QB on a team with absolutely nothing to gain for the risk.

12 hours ago, nnm said:

It took me a few minutes to compile this today. After Nov. 4 games, the fightin’ texum aggy can legitimately say they’re not the worst Aggies on the gridiron:
Aggie Cup Standings

Delaware Valley 8-1

NMSU 7-3

UC Davis 5-4

TAMU 5-4

Utah State 4-5

Oklahoma Panhandle State 4-6

Murray State 2-7

NC A&T 1-8

My wife went to Murray State.  I was like there is no way she is an Aggie.  They are the Racers.

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

As someone who was a kid in the 80's and a high schooler in the early 90's, this 25-year saga of ineptitude gruntles me so much.

Maybe y'all should go back to paying players?  Oh, wait, everybody gets to do that now.

Well, at least you've still got the pitch about playing in the SEC and staying home in Texas.  Oh, wait, big brother has that pitch now, too, plus we're better than you in literally every other way.

Shit, I don't know what to tell y'all.  Make another "We're not weird" video?  Yeah, get the word out!  Let all those super talented, 18-year-old inner city black kids know that a place that's 95% white rednecks who hang out at a place called the *Dixie* Chicken is just misunderstood.

You fucking losers.  You're about to be Vanderbilt without the academics not long after Texas arrives.  You'll be lucky not to be sent back to the Big 12.  No one likes y'all.

Vanderbilt is way more selective and has a great baseball program.

And is in a city people like to visit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Jimbo QBs since Winston

2012 - Jamis Winston (EXCEPTION TO THE JIMBO RULE)

2013 - John Franklin ( TRANSFERRED IN 2014 )

2014 - JJ Cosentino (TRASNFERED IN 2018 )

2015 - De’Andre Johnson (ended up at Last Chance U)

2015 - Deondre Francois (KICKED OFF TEAM DOMESTIC ABUSE)

2016 - Malik Henry (ended up at Last Chance U)

2017 - Bailey Hockman (TRANSFERRED OUT IN 2018)

2017 - James Blackman (TRANSFERRED OUT 2020)

2018 - James Foster - (TRANSFERRED OUT 2020)

2019 - Zach Calzada - (TRANSFERRED OUT 2022)

2020 - Haynes King - (TRANSFERRED OUT 2022)

2021 - Eli Stowers - (TRANSFERRED OUT 2022)

2022 - Conner Weigman - TBD

That does not [checks notes] seem good.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, HeyMcFly said:

I havent been paying attention but I thought Conor weigman was the truth and all that... I could've sworn I saw some better than arch posts as well.

He's gonna win the Heisman right after Haynes King, you stupid sips.  Sleeping giant.  Jimbo didn't even offer Arch, or we woulda got him, but we didn't like his forearms.  Etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5