• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

An hour of Luici misery.   The first thing that Luici says:  "Like all of our listeners and everybody who's been associated with Aggie football for any length of time, whether that be 2 years, 6 years, 12 years, 30 years, 50 years ---- you do become a little bit numb to the losses, and unfortunately it becomes routine."  

OMG- I just saw him say "There is no shame in losing on the last play to the #11 team in the country. But it's not ok when Kiffen is running his mouth and taunting your program and they are pushing this false narrative that A&M is paying players." 

cmpunk-what.gif

• Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

OMG- I just saw him say "There is no shame in losing on the last play to the #11 team in the country. But it's not ok when Kiffen is running his mouth and taunting your program and they are pushing this false narrative that A&M is paying players." 

cmpunk-what.gif

Yeah I tried for the schadenfreude but after like 5 minutes of hearing his stupid voice I want to go commit seppuku even if he is sad panda.  I don't know how those ewe breeders can listen to him on a regular basis.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Yeah I tried for the schadenfreude but after like 5 minutes of hearing his stupid voice I want to go commit seppuku even if he is sad panda.  I don't know how those ewe breeders can listen to him on a regular basis.

Second hilarious section: Nuno talks about all of the QB injuries the last two years, King, Johnson, Weigman, Johnson, Weigman, Johnson.. and then fails to connect the dots that their offensive line is getting their guys killed and talking about how every coach would struggle with that.

Luicci slipped and said Weigman done for the year, then called it a massive dose of misfortune and bad luck with the QB injuries. 

And the chef's kiss.. at the 28:00 mark Luicci knowingly or unknowingly references the aggy roller coaster... complete with sound effects. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Second hilarious section: Nuno talks about all of the QB injuries the last two years, King, Johnson, Weigman, Johnson, Weigman, Johnson.. and then fails to connect the dots that their offensive line is getting their guys killed and talking about how every coach would struggle with that.

Luicci slipped and said Weigman done for the year, then called it a massive dose of misfortune and bad luck with the QB injuries. 

10-year anniversary of this viral video from Steve Addazio - Footballscoop

I mean Texas has been just as QB lucky as aggy.

Thompson

Card

Ewers

Card

Ewers

Murphy

The problem is Sarkisian has built a much better program around that 1 position to cover for the injuries and has gone 14-4 in his last 18 games. Including 2-1 on the road against Top 15 teams, and 4-4 against ranked teams.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Maybe not.   Remember how hard the SEC tries to slot their teams into winnable Bowl games.   Watch as they get slotted to the Gasparilla bowl versus UTSA.

Doubtful.

Also, I'd love to watch that game. UTSA has 32 sacks on the year so far.

Whoever the 4th string QB is -- because obviously the 3rd or whichever one they're on by now isn't going to last that long -- would get demolished.

• Like 2
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

And the chef's kiss.. at the 28:00 mark Luicci knowingly or unknowingly references the aggy roller coaster... complete with sound effects. 

they also skipped over adding RB's getting hurt this year and past couple years into Jimbo's "offensive system".

18 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

So you are saying take ACU this weekend? 

20 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Doubtful.

Also, I'd love to watch that game. UTSA has 32 sacks on the year so far.

Whoever the 4th string QB is -- because obviously the 3rd or whichever one they're on by now isn't going to last that long -- would get demolished.

They could use the bowl practices to install the Art Briles "All Wildcat, all the time" offense. 

Copy and paste job:

unch with Liucci: Billy Liucci joins TexAgs Radio (Monday, November 6)

By Billy Liucci
November 6, 2023

Tweet Share Jump to Discussion

TexAgs co-owner and executive editor Billy Liucci joined TexAgs Radio Monday morning to share his thoughts following Texas A&M's loss to Ole Miss. Liucci also discussed the state of the football program in year six under Jimbo Fisher and Aggie hoops' non-conference slate.

Segment 1 (00:00:00 - 14:43:10)

• Unfortunately, we have been here before. When you get to the point where people say nothing will work, most of the fan base is upset. I check that to a level. I try to stay in between a level three and seven.
  • We are fans. The people who make decisions are fans. Massive donors are fans. Many of those people post on our site or read it every day. They are fans. Businesses in their personal lives have helped steer this massive ship and keep it from hitting icebergs. Right now, this thing may be heading towards an iceberg.
  • You gave Jimbo Fisher and raise to keep him from not going to LSU. You feel you had to do it at that time. You need to learn from your mistakes. The money and extension weren't the cutoff. It was guaranteeing it for that long. They wanted to keep Jimbo, and I think it was the right thing to do at the time. They did more than they needed to to keep him. I don't know if Jimbo would have said, "Nine million for this long? Nope. I'm out."
  • Kevin Sumlin had the same thing happen with USC. I talked extensively with him while he was debating A&M and USC. He was going to go to USC.
  • They did a good job with the Buzz Williams extension. It will come up with Jim Schlossnagle. You have to look at the fallout and who you could hire.
  • If the national media smells blood, everyone sees that. Winning Saturday would have silenced all of it. It doesn't mean they are out of the woods, but it would have silenced it. You had a 47-yard kick to tie and go to overtime. I don't want to single that out. The timing of the kick was weird. You were so close to silencing all this. This football team could have easily beaten all three of the SEC teams they have lost to. They are just falling short against the best teams in the league.
  • Scott Woodward went to the board and guaranteed he could get Jimbo when he was at Florida State. I don't know if Jimbo gave any indication he would leave FSU. Woodward believed he could get him. Sumlin knew of that before his season was up. He mentioned it to me in passing. That was awkward. Sumlin would say, “If we lose these next couple, I guess y'all are getting Jimbo."
  • The question was the buyout. They lost to UCLA and lost your starting quarterback. You barely beat Nicholls State, and you benched Kellen Mond. It's crazy he won an Orange Bowl to finish his career.
  • The fear for next year would be, what does your roster look like? Realistically, I would feel a million times better about this team next year than A&M's first year in the SEC. You didn't know what you had in that 2012 team. This team can win, but certain things need to happen. My problem is there has also been something. They are way better than last year. They are losing games. There are a million reasons, but there are always reasons.

Segment 2 (14:43:10 - 22:36:16)

• In a vacuum, losing on the road to the No. 10 team? That's life in the SEC. You would think A&M was right there.
  • That is five straight losses to the Mississippi schools, 6-12 to Power 5 teams, nine straight on the road and 10-11 since the start of last season. Unacceptable doesn't even begin to describe it.
  • Jimbo won't give into the media saying it, but I'm sure he thinks about that while sitting in his office. All things aside, are they doing everything they can? What are we doing wrong? At the end of the day, no matter what level you go to and exhaust all options, it doesn't matter. You have to do more.
  • They are right there with Alabama, Ole Miss and Tennessee, who I believe is a top-15 team right now. Throw LSU into the mix. I don't how they will do if Max Johnson doesn't play.
  • I will be interested to see what Jimbo says cause I have heard is Max will do everything he can to give it a go. I can't imagine him popping up this weekend after a rib injury. There is nobody tougher on that team in terms of wanting to play football. If that dude played with a cracked or broken rib in that game with these hits he kept taking? He is a warrior. I don't know when it happened. There were some plays, to me, where he was gritting them in there. They were complimenting the throws, and he didn't have his normal zip on them. Credit to him.
  • They did not quit on Saturday. They did not let frustration set in.
  • A&M is competitive with the very best in conference this year. The problem is you are in year six. A&M is far from a terrible team. They are tremendously improved and are still playing competitive football, losing their starting quarterback. That's the frustration. You have a tremendous backup. You can win these games as they a currently constructed, and they are just falling short. In some ways, that heightens the frustration.

Segment 3 (22:36:16 - 47:20:00)

• Ohio State is a big game for Aggie basketball. Tonight is a big game because it is the opener. In these early games, they have to win. I know nothing about Texas A&M-Commerce. You see big upsets around college basketball early on, and A&M needs to avoid that. Having a veteran roster will get you through the early games that could blemish your record. I like this team's makeup.
  • How good of basketball can they play early in the season? We have seen them struggle early. Partically, last year. That can't be the case this year. Challenging is an understatement with the non-conference schedule. That's why Buzz Williams was excited about playing Baylor and Texas Tech.
  • I am really interested/concerned in terms of them getting Julius Marble back. I understand when it goes through the university level, you won't get commentary on it. I would not sit here and pedal hope. There's an unpredictability of it, and I don’t know what it's about. That's student privacy stuff involved there.
  • Marble is a really good basketball player and has experience in the system. The combo of him and Henry Coleman III is one of the more potent ones in the SEC. It changes a lot. That's still a damn good roster, but the longer they have to play without him, the more concerned I will be. He is a difference-maker. He helped you win a lot of basketball games last year. This team can navigate without him, but they are a whole hell of a lot better and more formidable with him. It sounds like Buzz and everyone else are in "Wait and see" mode. It sucks that you can't get information or any time because it's a university-level thing.
  • It's crazy. That's as tough as a named non-conference schedule as I’ve ever seen. Virginia should be ranked. DePaul is a good historical. That is a fun non-conference schedule.
  • People wonder how Max Johnson was better at LSU. He was up and down there, but he was also really young. The answer is there. LSU protected him better. Those numbers, 300 yards, 74 percent completion, two touchdowns and a pick, are one thing. Look at how many times he answered, and he bounced back from the interception.
  • It was Ainias Smith and Jahdae Walker, too. Jake Johnson had a big touchdown. Le'Veon Moss really got them going. He got hurt. Amari Daniels comes in and puts up identical numbers. There were a lot of dudes that stepped up. That's the best-extended stretch the O-line has had. Max was still under pressure, but people have to realize it's going to happen in the SEC. That was a quality defense. Statistically, they are No. 3. A&M cut through them.
  • Max was the catalyst of all that. That was a heroic performance, and if he could have led them to one more score... It's so frustrating they fumbled a damn handoff in that situation that took it from, maybe, a 42-yarder to a 47-yarder. You may have gotten a first down. You may have gotten two yards. The play for loss was a freaking disaster.
  • Ole Miss got the ball at the 20 and marched 80 yards on you. It was a momentum killer. A&M had the lead. They took the lead when people didn't think they would. The defense could not get the stop. Someone out of the 11 has to make the play there. You got called for a pass interference. That was just unfortunate.
  • You pointed out Miami and Alabama. A&M did have healthy corners in those two. Had you had Tyreek Chappell and Deuce Harmon, some of those catches Tre Harris made, he still would have made. In three of their four losses, they have been shredded through the air. I said all offseason, I was really worried about corner. I want to see more speed. Jacoby Mathews has it, he is just inexperienced.
  • In your losses, you gave up a kick return for a touchdown and missed a field goal against Miami. Against Alabama, you had a big blocked field goal. Against Tennessee, a punt return for a touchdown and a missed field goal would have given you the lead in the fourth. This week, you had a great blocked field goal, but with the game on the line, you missed a field goal to tie it. I have not even talked about the struggles in the punting game.
  • Conner Weigman did not get sacked against Miami, but he was under insane duress. We saw the sacks to Max against Alabama and Tennessee. A&M has had the most pressured quarterbacks in college football. Mond has a good line. As the game went on, it looked rhythmic.
  • Over the course of time, there is no doubt A&M quarterbacks have been pressured and hit more. Is it the O-line? Is it the play-calling? Is it too slow developing? Is it who we are recruiting up front? I have a hard time believing that. Is it what we are asking the line to do? I have a hard time believing that. Is it the running back pass protection? What have we done to change that? Have they not changed enough?

Segment 4 (47:20:01 - 57:31:21)

• It's 2023 in college football. Let's stop crying about it. Ole Miss has a successful NIL program. Lane Kiffin wishes it was better. Ole Miss plays the portal game. He has still been persistent with McKinnley Jackson over direct messages.
  • A&M needs to really look at who wants to be here because they want to be here vs. who is here because of NIL. If it feels like the only reason you will keep a player is because of NIL, you have to really reevaluate.
  • Everyone is really high on Texas. They had to do everything they could do to keep Xavier Worthy. There is nothing wrong with that. There were strong rumors Malik Nabers was leaving LSU behind the scenes. That was a legitimate possibility. I'm assuming he got a nice NIL bump to stay. That had to happen with some prominent A&M players. It will happen this offseason. It becomes harder to do when you are losing.
  • The portal poachers have A&M circled right now. In 2023, you can fight that. Part of it is NIL. Part of is Jimbo making the necessary adjustments, provided he gets the chance to do that. Don’t misinterpret what I am saying. The frustration level reached a tipping point after what went down on Saturday. Anything is in play.
  • I did get calls around the country from people that I trust who are saying, "What do we need to do to protect ourselves if A&M comes calling?" It's coaches that I do not think A&M would go after, but it is people preparing if the A&M job becomes open. Word is kind of getting out that it could be a possibility.
  • A&M paid $20 million six to seven years ago. That was a lot, then. That would be a lot less now. If Jimbo stays, which I still think he will, you make those changes, and you get out in front of things. You have to start putting out fires as they pop up now.
  • Do you let X walk? If you do, how important is it to keep Y and Z? Say, "Okay, we don't want this player to walk," but if they ask a certain amount of NIL, at what point do you call their bluff or say, "Hey, go on." You look at the production, and what you could get for that. You could get two for one.
  • You cannot have a mass exodus. I mean a real one. Not a perceived one. You will take a PR hit when some of these kids leave. You have to keep the ones you have to keep. When you lose the ones you have to keep, that's a problem.
  • Recruiting is a whole other thing. That's a different deal. You are selling them on the NIL structure. That's another beast. It will be a wild next month.

Segment 5 (57:31:22 - 1:02:53:27)

• I like to go get sushi at Oishi Sushi Asian Fusion. They are great. I may get lasagna at Fritellas.
  • Conner Weigman's decision will be tough. He will need some assurance on what the coaching situation is. If Jimbo remains, it will be the same offensive coordinator. They are not changing from that.
  • You would have to convince him your O-line will improve and that you are keeping your weapons. And if you do lose a weapon, you will have to replace it. The hard part is the timing. You can say, “We might lose a David Nuño, but we might go get an Olin Buchanan,” but you don’t have him. Then, you go into grey areas of tampering, as Kiffin does, but no one will call him out because the media is so obsessed with kissing his ass.
  • Conner has a nice situation here at A&M. He is the starting quarterback and knows the offense. He is the guy you are trying to build things around, and he loves it at Texas A&M. He has been a beneficiary on the NIL front.
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

• I like to go get sushi at Oishi Sushi Asian Fusion. They are great. I may get lasagna at Fritellas.

College Station has an Asian Fusion restaurant?

And people say it's a racist, uncultured, backwards hellhole.

Liucci just keeps disproving the haters.

Edited by gofuckyourself

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, guys behind A&M's OL are more prone to getting injured. 

I thought Achane was hurt more of last year than he was.... I guess had he not gotten hurt vs Florida they definitely might have beaten Auburn and not had that 2+ year road losing streak. Oh well poo raggy.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

cmpunk-what.gif

Translation: Had it not been Kiffin we would be celebrating a great moral victory against the SEC, SEC, SEC. My soul has been robed!

21 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Copy and paste job:

By Billy Liucci
November 6, 2023

TexAgs co-owner and executive editor Billy Liucci joined TexAgs Radio Monday morning to share his thoughts following Texas A&M's loss to Ole Miss. Liucci also discussed the state of the football program in year six under Jimbo Fisher and Aggie hoops' non-conference slate.

• Unfortunately, we have been here before. When you get to the point where people say nothing will work, most of the fan base is upset. I check that to a level. I try to stay in between a level three and seven.
  • We are fans. The people who make decisions are fans. Massive donors are fans. Many of those people post on our site or read it every day. They are fans. Businesses in their personal lives have helped steer this massive ship and keep it from hitting icebergs. Right now, this thing may be heading towards an iceberg.
  • You gave Jimbo Fisher and raise to keep him from not going to LSU. You feel you had to do it at that time. You need to learn from your mistakes. The money and extension weren't the cutoff. It was guaranteeing it for that long. They wanted to keep Jimbo, and I think it was the right thing to do at the time. They did more than they needed to to keep him. I don't know if Jimbo would have said, "Nine million for this long? Nope. I'm out."
  • Kevin Sumlin had the same thing happen with USC. I talked extensively with him while he was debating A&M and USC. He was going to go to USC.
  • They did a good job with the Buzz Williams extension. It will come up with Jim Schlossnagle. You have to look at the fallout and who you could hire.
  • If the national media smells blood, everyone sees that. Winning Saturday would have silenced all of it. It doesn't mean they are out of the woods, but it would have silenced it. You had a 47-yard kick to tie and go to overtime. I don't want to single that out. The timing of the kick was weird. You were so close to silencing all this. This football team could have easily beaten all three of the SEC teams they have lost to. They are just falling short against the best teams in the league.
  • Scott Woodward went to the board and guaranteed he could get Jimbo when he was at Florida State. I don't know if Jimbo gave any indication he would leave FSU. Woodward believed he could get him. Sumlin knew of that before his season was up. He mentioned it to me in passing. That was awkward. Sumlin would say, “If we lose these next couple, I guess y'all are getting Jimbo."
  • The question was the buyout. They lost to UCLA and lost your starting quarterback. You barely beat Nicholls State, and you benched Kellen Mond. It's crazy he won an Orange Bowl to finish his career.
  • The fear for next year would be, what does your roster look like? Realistically, I would feel a million times better about this team next year than A&M's first year in the SEC. You didn't know what you had in that 2012 team. This team can win, but certain things need to happen. My problem is there has also been something. They are way better than last year. They are losing games. There are a million reasons, but there are always reasons.

• In a vacuum, losing on the road to the No. 10 team? That's life in the SEC. You would think A&M was right there.
  • That is five straight losses to the Mississippi schools, 6-12 to Power 5 teams, nine straight on the road and 10-11 since the start of last season. Unacceptable doesn't even begin to describe it.
  • Jimbo won't give into the media saying it, but I'm sure he thinks about that while sitting in his office. All things aside, are they doing everything they can? What are we doing wrong? At the end of the day, no matter what level you go to and exhaust all options, it doesn't matter. You have to do more.
  • They are right there with Alabama, Ole Miss and Tennessee, who I believe is a top-15 team right now. Throw LSU into the mix. I don't how they will do if Max Johnson doesn't play.
  • I will be interested to see what Jimbo says cause I have heard is Max will do everything he can to give it a go. I can't imagine him popping up this weekend after a rib injury. There is nobody tougher on that team in terms of wanting to play football. If that dude played with a cracked or broken rib in that game with these hits he kept taking? He is a warrior. I don't know when it happened. There were some plays, to me, where he was gritting them in there. They were complimenting the throws, and he didn't have his normal zip on them. Credit to him.
  • A&M is competitive with the very best in conference this year. The problem is you are in year six. A&M is far from a terrible team. They are tremendously improved and are still playing competitive football, losing their starting quarterback. That's the frustration. You have a tremendous backup. You can win these games as they a currently constructed, and they are just falling short. In some ways, that heightens the frustration.

• Ohio State is a big game for Aggie basketball. Tonight is a big game because it is the opener. In these early games, they have to win. I know nothing about Texas A&M-Commerce. You see big upsets around college basketball early on, and A&M needs to avoid that. Having a veteran roster will get you through the early games that could blemish your record. I like this team's makeup.
  • How good of basketball can they play early in the season? We have seen them struggle early. Partically, last year. That can't be the case this year. Challenging is an understatement with the non-conference schedule. That's why Buzz Williams was excited about playing Baylor and Texas Tech.
  • I am really interested/concerned in terms of them getting Julius Marble back. I understand when it goes through the university level, you won't get commentary on it. I would not sit here and pedal hope. There's an unpredictability of it, and I don’t know what it's about. That's student privacy stuff involved there.
  • Marble is a really good basketball player and has experience in the system. The combo of him and Henry Coleman III is one of the more potent ones in the SEC. It changes a lot. That's still a damn good roster, but the longer they have to play without him, the more concerned I will be. He is a difference-maker. He helped you win a lot of basketball games last year. This team can navigate without him, but they are a whole hell of a lot better and more formidable with him. It sounds like Buzz and everyone else are in "Wait and see" mode. It sucks that you can't get information or any time because it's a university-level thing.
  • It's crazy. That's as tough as a named non-conference schedule as I’ve ever seen. Virginia should be ranked. DePaul is a good historical. That is a fun non-conference schedule.
  • People wonder how Max Johnson was better at LSU. He was up and down there, but he was also really young. The answer is there. LSU protected him better. Those numbers, 300 yards, 74 percent completion, two touchdowns and a pick, are one thing. Look at how many times he answered, and he bounced back from the interception.
  • It was Ainias Smith and Jahdae Walker, too. Jake Johnson had a big touchdown. Le'Veon Moss really got them going. He got hurt. Amari Daniels comes in and puts up identical numbers. There were a lot of dudes that stepped up. That's the best-extended stretch the O-line has had. Max was still under pressure, but people have to realize it's going to happen in the SEC. That was a quality defense. Statistically, they are No. 3. A&M cut through them.
  • Max was the catalyst of all that. That was a heroic performance, and if he could have led them to one more score... It's so frustrating they fumbled a damn handoff in that situation that took it from, maybe, a 42-yarder to a 47-yarder. You may have gotten a first down. You may have gotten two yards. The play for loss was a freaking disaster.
  • Ole Miss got the ball at the 20 and marched 80 yards on you. It was a momentum killer. A&M had the lead. They took the lead when people didn't think they would. The defense could not get the stop. Someone out of the 11 has to make the play there. You got called for a pass interference. That was just unfortunate.
  • You pointed out Miami and Alabama. A&M did have healthy corners in those two. Had you had Tyreek Chappell and Deuce Harmon, some of those catches Tre Harris made, he still would have made. In three of their four losses, they have been shredded through the air. I said all offseason, I was really worried about corner. I want to see more speed. Jacoby Mathews has it, he is just inexperienced.
  • In your losses, you gave up a kick return for a touchdown and missed a field goal against Miami. Against Alabama, you had a big blocked field goal. Against Tennessee, a punt return for a touchdown and a missed field goal would have given you the lead in the fourth. This week, you had a great blocked field goal, but with the game on the line, you missed a field goal to tie it. I have not even talked about the struggles in the punting game.
  • Conner Weigman did not get sacked against Miami, but he was under insane duress. We saw the sacks to Max against Alabama and Tennessee. A&M has had the most pressured quarterbacks in college football. Mond has a good line. As the game went on, it looked rhythmic.
  • Over the course of time, there is no doubt A&M quarterbacks have been pressured and hit more. Is it the O-line? Is it the play-calling? Is it too slow developing? Is it who we are recruiting up front? I have a hard time believing that. Is it what we are asking the line to do? I have a hard time believing that. Is it the running back pass protection? What have we done to change that? Have they not changed enough?

• It's 2023 in college football. Let's stop crying about it. Ole Miss has a successful NIL program. Lane Kiffin wishes it was better. Ole Miss plays the portal game. He has still been persistent with McKinnley Jackson over direct messages.
  • A&M needs to really look at who wants to be here because they want to be here vs. who is here because of NIL. If it feels like the only reason you will keep a player is because of NIL, you have to really reevaluate.
  • Everyone is really high on Texas. They had to do everything they could do to keep Xavier Worthy. There is nothing wrong with that. There were strong rumors Malik Nabers was leaving LSU behind the scenes. That was a legitimate possibility. I'm assuming he got a nice NIL bump to stay. That had to happen with some prominent A&M players. It will happen this offseason. It becomes harder to do when you are losing.
  • The portal poachers have A&M circled right now. In 2023, you can fight that. Part of it is NIL. Part of is Jimbo making the necessary adjustments, provided he gets the chance to do that. Don’t misinterpret what I am saying. The frustration level reached a tipping point after what went down on Saturday. Anything is in play.
  • I did get calls around the country from people that I trust who are saying, "What do we need to do to protect ourselves if A&M comes calling?" It's coaches that I do not think A&M would go after, but it is people preparing if the A&M job becomes open. Word is kind of getting out that it could be a possibility.
  • A&M paid $20 million six to seven years ago. That was a lot, then. That would be a lot less now. If Jimbo stays, which I still think he will, you make those changes, and you get out in front of things. You have to start putting out fires as they pop up now.
  • Do you let X walk? If you do, how important is it to keep Y and Z? Say, "Okay, we don't want this player to walk," but if they ask a certain amount of NIL, at what point do you call their bluff or say, "Hey, go on." You look at the production, and what you could get for that. You could get two for one.
  • You cannot have a mass exodus. I mean a real one. Not a perceived one. You will take a PR hit when some of these kids leave. You have to keep the ones you have to keep. When you lose the ones you have to keep, that's a problem.
  • Recruiting is a whole other thing. That's a different deal. You are selling them on the NIL structure. That's another beast. It will be a wild next month.

• Conner Weigman's decision will be tough. He will need some assurance on what the coaching situation is. If Jimbo remains, it will be the same offensive coordinator. They are not changing from that.
  • You would have to convince him your O-line will improve and that you are keeping your weapons. And if you do lose a weapon, you will have to replace it. The hard part is the timing. You can say, “We might lose a David Nuño, but we might go get an Olin Buchanan,” but you don’t have him. Then, you go into grey areas of tampering, as Kiffin does, but no one will call him out because the media is so obsessed with kissing his ass.
  • Conner has a nice situation here at A&M. He is the starting quarterback and knows the offense. He is the guy you are trying to build things around, and he loves it at Texas A&M. He has been a beneficiary on the NIL front.

yeah the media has never shit all over Kiffin in his career. not when he was a super young OC at USC. not when he was a super young coach for the raiders. not when he was fired from the raiders. not when he was hired at Tennessee. not when he left Tennessee after 1 year. not when he was tarmac'd at USC. not when he quit on Alabama before the national championship year. not when he went 5-7 at FAU. not when he went 5-5 at Ole Miss in 2020.

if there is one thing i know its that the media looooooooooooooooooooves Lane Kiffin.

tell me you don't understand any of the last 2 decades of CFB in one sentence.

• Haha 2

Snapcount Tracker:

The Texas A&M football team saw 36 of its players receive snaps on offense (18) and defense (18) in its 38-35 loss to No. 10 Ole Miss in Vaught-Hemingway Stadium on Saturday. The snap counts for each Aggie player vs. the Rebels – and for the whole season – can be seen below.

Offense (81 total plays)

Quarterback: Max Johnson (81).

Offensive line: Trey Zuhn III (81), Layden Robinson (81), Bryce Foster (81), Chase Bisontis (48), Mark Nabou Jr. (45), Dametrious Crownover (40) and Kam Dewberry (36).

Running back: Amari Daniels (50), Le’Veon Moss (20) and Rueben Owens II (12).

Fullback: Earnest Crownover (8).

Tight end: Max Wright (52) and Jake Johnson (40).

Wide receiver: Jahdae Walker (69), Ainias Smith (57), Noah Thomas (52) and Moose Muhammad III (38).

Defense (74 plays)

Defensive line: McKinnley Jackson (47), Fadil Diggs (40), Walter Nolen (36), Albert Regis (34), Malick Sylla (31), Shemar Stewart (31), Isaiah Raikes (31), Shemar Turner (28) and LT Overton (18).

Linebacker: Edgerrin Cooper (69), Taurean York (64) and Chris Russell Jr. (15).

Defensive back: Demani Richardson (74), Bryce Anderson (74), Jacoby Mathews (63), Jayvon Thomas (58), Sam McCall (51) and Josh DeBerry (50).

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Reuben Owens can't get many reps on the field because he is a complete liability as a blocker. 

Stewart may or may not have had an actual injury. 

Brownlow-Dindy hasn't played a snap in weeks. They're speculating that he's heading to the portal.

i said that about Owens when he signed with them. terrific athlete, but basically the most under educated blocker as a RB in TXHSFB in the last decade and change because of the offense that they run at El Campo. they attempted like 60 passes last year total. they attempted more than 5 passes 3x total (the first 2 games on the year and their last game of the year - all 3 were losses), and they never completed more than 4 passes in any one game.

uber talented diva RB with no history of blocking going into one of the most old school, complex offenses in the country with a bad OL...what's the worst that can happen.

why would he stay next year at this point? 1/3rd of his attempts for the year came against South Carolina (18 of 61) and he plays basically none in their close games because of the piss poor blocking

1 minute ago, NoName said:

i said that about Owens when he signed with them. terrific athlete, but basically the most under educated blocker as a RB in TXHSFB in the last decade and change because of the offense that they run at El Campo. they attempted like 60 passes last year total. they attempted more than 5 passes 3x total (the first 2 games on the year and their last game of the year - all 3 were losses), and they never completed more than 4 passes in any one game.

uber talented diva RB with no history of blocking going into one of the most old school, complex offenses in the country with a bad OL...what's the worst that can happen.

why would he stay next year at this point? 1/3rd of his attempts for the year came against South Carolina (18 of 61) and he plays basically none in their close games because of the piss poor blocking

Their ability to retain Reuben Owens will wholly come down to their ability to be the highest bidder this offseason. That's it. Not sure what kind of market he'll have, so it might not be a big deal, but that dude isn't going somewhere that isn't paying him the most that he could get.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I'm all for aggy entertaining a rebuild as we enter the SEC

I think he has got at least another year. look at their 2024 schedule.

• 7 home games
  • all 4 non conference games at home.
  • No Alabama
  • 6 middling SEC opponents with a combined 11-24 record in conference play so far this season : Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Miss St, South Carolina, Mizz
  • 3 of their 4 non conference games are creampuffs
  • a home game against a Notre Dame that hasn't been Notre Dame in decades.
  • and then two tough conference games, LSU and Horns, also both home games.

Next year is the year, right?

image.png.1cfd7a87306679ca6c791594f25f742f.png

7 minutes ago, yoladu said:

• 7 home games
  • No Alabama
  • 6 middling SEC opponents with a combined 11-24 record in conference play so far this season : Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Miss St, South Carolina, Mizz

Man, talk about a scheduling layup.. and yet I still think they find a way to lose 4 games. Notre Dame, LSU, Texas, and one of Florida or Mizzou. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

Copy and paste job:

By Billy Liucci
November 6, 2023

All that reads like they don't have the money.

15 minutes ago, yoladu said:

• 7 home games
  • No Alabama

Interesting that there’s no Alabama, Georgia, OU or Ole Miss on the schedule. I wonder if the SEC said fuck yo “gentleman’s agreement” but we’ll throw you a bone and give you a cream puff schedule with the exception of Texas and LSU in 2024.

26 minutes ago, NoName said:

Who runs an offense that would be good for him to showcase himself?

(The obvious answer: Anyone with an offensive line)

49 minutes ago, yoladu said:

• 7 home games
  • No Alabama

Notre Dame then 8 bye weeks in a row? 

40 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Man, talk about a scheduling layup.. and yet I still think they find a way to lose 4 games. Notre Dame, LSU, Texas, and one of Florida or Mizzou. 

With the talent exodus they’ll likely have, a terrible OL, and tons of question marks at QB, I think 8-4 is reasonable. 

image.gif.7661843c49473895f02480e68a9e2d65.gif

In today's injury update, Fisher stated that Moss is day to day.

He stated that he expects Max Johnson to play on Saturday.

Fatheree and Grimes remain permanently out.

No one asked about Evan Stewart and Fisher didn't mention him. 

Here's the deal - this guy straight up lies about this shit and his reporters let him. He was very confident in Weigman returning quickly until, well, he couldn't. The wink and nod not asking about Stewart is pretty reprehensible. Watching Carter Karels offer this logic is absurd:

"Carter KarelsSTAFF

'Zip90aggie said... (original post) Surprised no one asked for an update on Evan Stewart, rather than assuming he is returning to practice this week.'

I will try to ask him about several guys during the SEC Teleconference Wednesday.

A&M typically does not know about the status of guys until Monday or Tuesday each week, so it can sometimes be pointless to ask about guys Monday when they don’t have all the info on them yet. Also, there’s a lot of guys to ask about right now."

----

What in the fuck does "A&M typically does not know about the status of guys until Monday or Tuesday" even mean? Stewart didn't play on Saturday. It's two days later. Is his "injury" healing up or isn't it? That is a question that should be asked and a question a coach should know.

• Haha 1

People keep talking about aggie depth and talent for 2024. I would like to know what people are thinking when they do this. I've spoilered my thoughts due to length:

Spoiler

Everyone is willing to pay key personnel in the portal. Everyone. It's almost impossible to moneywhip someone to stay if they're thinking about leaving because the money is green on either side of the choice. Beyond retention, bringing key talent in from the portal, when all of the money is still green, is heavily dependent upon immediate playing time and whether or not a player thinks you can win. The idealism many carry in recruiting is gone. They're all 19-25 year old guys who have been through at least one cycle.

Recruiting-wise, ATM is about to have a run made on their current class if folks who normally understand this shit pretty well are to be believed. So an infusion of true freshmen, which is a spurious hope in terms of leading to dramatic team improvement immediately, is unlikely because they're about to stripped of a lot of it.

So, with that context, think about the depth chart next season if they somehow retain everyone:

QB: Weigman is rumored to be seriously considering heading elsewhere due to OL issues. Johnson is okay. The guys behind these two are buttered poo.

TB: Moss, Daniels, and Owens - Moss is decent, Daniels is mediocre, Owens doesn't look like a 5 star and cannot block.

TE: Johnson is good, not great. The Swedish guy is a non-entity. Green is good if he's fully recovered. 

WR: Stewart, Thomas and Muhammad could all come back. Walker too, for whatever that is worth. 

OL: Zuhn, Nabou, and Crownover are replacement value players. Foster is a constant problem. Fatheree may retire from football. Dewberry is second string for a bad line. 

DT: Nolan is damned good. Regis is good. 

NT: Brownlow-Dindy is the only guy with eligibility after this season and he's not playing and rumored to be gone. I guess this may be where the giant fatass of Pacific Islander descent is on the roster, so there's that. 

DE: Diggs will be gone. Turner and Stewart, plus Scylla, will return. These guys have been good at times. Enai White is no longer getting snaps.

LB: The best actual player on their defense departs in Cooper. York returns and he'll be fine if you like Reid Boyd types. Russell is not playing much and will be gone. There is no one else at LB that qualifies as an actual P5 talent.

CB: Chappell, Harmon, McCall, and Thomas are all back, if they want to be.

S: Richardson leaves and Matthews stays. Jagger Jarred Kerr is back. Gilbert could come back. 

NB: Anderson comes back, we presume. 

Now look at that and tell me that you believe that is going to be one of the best, most talented, rosters in the country. If you do think that, why? They are good at WR if those guys return to play in an offense that doesn't use them. The DT and DE spots are good if those guys return. QB *might* be fine but has a lot of risk on it. TB, TE, and CB are mediocre across the board. The OL and LB corps will be thin and terrible. NT is super thin and unproven. Safety and NB will be good. 

So, barring injuries, they'll have the same depth problems at multiple key positions and their worst position in regard to depth and talent will be the most important position - OL. Everything on offense spins around that. 

I see a 6-6 team if they're lucky. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3