• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

CF3ECFC5-0D6E-4030-A685-CB078AE97BDE.jpeg.377cca04ef429a128529cba712e6869b.jpeg

Ummm wtf is the tattoo pic? Is this aggy lore that I don’t know?

13th man. Survivor of the bonfire.

Ok, well he looks like the main character in a terrible Uwe Boll movie rampage wherein the main character goes fucking crazy shoots up his town so….not like aggy at all.

e7d8509b152adbf35d91f1b364a049ae.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1

the texags feed, sponsored by Brazos WiFi, is dead.    It's also sponsored by "12 Fires Wines".   Who is that?

Shortly after meeting in 1993, Duke, Mike, and Zach went thru the hardest and most amazing experiences while finishing their college degrees at Texas A&M University. Those experiences  brought them back together years later to do something special.

We wanted to bring friends together to enjoy something that takes blood sweat and tears to make. Wine, not only wine, 100% Texas Wine.

At 12 Fires we believe in Texas wines and their ability to change the face of the wine industry. That is why we will always seek to make the finest 100% Texas grapes into world class wine.

Texans have always done things differently and we are Texas to the core. We source our grapes from all over the state getting a little exposure to our clients for what the Texas terroir can really offer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

the texags feed, sponsored by Brazos WiFi, is dead.    It's also sponsored by "12 Fires Wines".   Who is that?

Shortly after meeting in 1993, Duke, Mike, and Zach went thru the hardest and most amazing experiences while finishing their college degrees at Texas A&M University. Those experiences  brought them back together years later to do something special.

We wanted to bring friends together to enjoy something that takes blood sweat and tears to make. Wine, not only wine, 100% Texas Wine.

At 12 Fires we believe in Texas wines and their ability to change the face of the wine industry. That is why we will always seek to make the finest 100% Texas grapes into world class wine.

Texans have always done things differently and we are Texas to the core. We source our grapes from all over the state getting a little exposure to our clients for what the Texas terroir can really offer.

Are we riding the backs of 12 dead kids to sell wine?

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 3

QCAg93

AG

Yes, please bring the feed back. Man I miss my memories of all those Bonfires I witnessed on campus with R.C. Slocum giving speeches, football players, and the FTAB. Tragedy after graduation was sad and probably preventable, but oh the great memories of when I was a student there. '93 Whoop Bring back the hate next year and renew the rivalry of BTHOtu.

10 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Salad dressing 

7 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:
QCAg93

AG

Yes, please bring the feed back. Man I miss my memories of all those Bonfires I witnessed on campus with R.C. Slocum giving speeches, football players, and the FTAB. Tragedy after graduation was sad and probably preventable, but oh the great memories of when I was a student there. '93 Whoop Bring back the hate next year and renew the rivalry of BTHOtu.

It’s unfortunate that 12 people died but…turdition.

Fuck aggy.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NoName said:

i still can't believe Bjork still has a job. would have made more sense to fire Bjork into the sun, hire a real AD, give Jimbo another year, fire him into the sun, have your new long term AD hire the new football coach. would have saved a dump truck load of money too.

They are Aggies. 

Would have been a lot cheaper to fire him for cause saving $70M. 

My service isn’t cheap but this one would have been a layup.  Basics would involve a kilo of good cocaine, a washed up UF tennis player and the B/CS police department.  Easy peasy

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I've been to one and it was one of the most disturbing things I've ever witnessed.  At least we kicked their ass in the game that week.  

Bernard and I sang the Eyes at the top of our lungs at the 1990 one.  Over and over. 

it does have a whole Birth of a Nation undercurrent. Pussy, sad, boring, loser and stupid all at the same time.  

Not sure mentioning "blood, sweat and tears" is the best way to market something people drink, but I'm not aggy so..

47 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Not sure mentioning "blood, sweat and tears" is the best way to market something people drink, but I'm not aggy so..

its-piss-prank.gif

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:
QCAg93

AG

Probably preventable?!?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

If you would have told me that aggy would be above .500 going into the LSU game, but would fire Jimbo, thereby burning $76mm, without having a successor lined up, and then would hire Rumlin’s replacement, who has been a HFB coach for a total of three years, with a composite record of 15-22, even I wouldn’t have believed it. It’s truly astonishing. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

But, hey, they're not weird!

The main speaker from fighting texum Aggies class 1991 called out the milkmen.

Said, paraphrasing:  the yell leaders dancing around like some Kansas City fa….  Well let’s just say they do things different now.   

Sure, they aren’t a weird, homophobic, racist cult.   Sure.  Fucking embarrassing is what they are.   

That speech...the dude was soused.

HOWDY!

Whoop!

Welcome to Bonfire naght 2023!

Whoop!

I'm Joey Dollins, Fightin' Texas Aggie [sic] class of 1991.

Whoop!

And I had the honor of workin' on Bonfire with my friends from 1987 to 1990 while I was a cadet here at Texas AnM.

Whoop!

Thanks to the Red Pots for inviting me tonight 'n givin' me the opportunity to share a few thoughts. You know, when I was asked to speak at this year's bonfire, a whole host of Old Army stories that I'd love to share about my time at Texas AnM flooded my mahnd. There's stories of squadder(?) 13 loaded trucks

Whoop!

Back in the old Sister Outfit days: B1, C1, 13, 6. And if you know the rest of that, then you know why I can't finish it tonight.

Whoop!

Stories of Duck 'n Field and Stack. Pliahrs and Wahre. Chainsaws and Sawdust. Stories of Fingerhood, Lazy Cow Lane, Leonard Road, Dancin' on Center Pole and Elephant Walk. 

Whoop!

Stories of good friends. And I mean life-long, "good, good, friends." Life-long, good, good, friends. And if you're "good," you know exactly what I'm talking about. There's stories of legendary parties off-campus at the House. Trips to Graham's, the Hall, and of course the Chicken.

Whoop!

But the statute of limitations hasn't run out on most of those stories, so I'm going to skip those tonight.

Shit is some kind of ominous-sounding cult code. The fuck is going on over there?

The rest sounds like a bunch of more frontier gibberish: a burnin' desire to play Texas next Thanksgiving week, admitting how they fucked up the design with the center pole being spliced together before, causing it to fail and resulting in the death of 12 students, plagiarizing Kennedy's speech from 60 years ago about why Rice plays Texas (because building Bonfire is hard), getting goosebumps over the death of 12 students, the Fish Team drilling drills with excellence, uncoverin', citin' New Testament scripture (after giving a token acknowledgment that Aggies are diverse and come from all different backgrounds and ahdeologies), and WHOOP!!!

Burn baby, burn.

Edited by bolverk
Rhythmic chants

5 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I remember having a smaller bonfire in the early 70’s in the middle of where Hwy 183 east of I-35 is now….or something like that….and don’t forget the bonfire in front of the Co-op in the middle of the Drag in Dec of 1969 after beating Arky!

Pretty sure I-35 and 183 were there in the 70’s.

18 hours ago, Skipper said:

A faction that wants KK as HC?  Unless KK's distaste for recruiting is internet fodder, I struggle to see him coming back to college as a HC and dealing with all the bullshit that comes along with it (or at least struggle to see him succeeding in that role at A&M of all places).  He wouldn't be in my "realistic" top 10 if I were weighing in for them.

I could see him cutting a deal as an OC and basically saying, "I'm here to coach football and that's it".   But even in that scenario, when you have the $$ that KK already has, why in the world would you want to live in college station?   I don't know Kliff or anyone that does know him well in coaching circles so I'm purely speculating but hard to see how that's a fit in any scenario.

With 70K student, no question there will be a never ending supply of collegiate, willing, gorgeous pussy there to draw his interest.

Will it overcome his lack of willingness to recruit and otherwise deal with the college athlete? 

That remains to be seen.