• Replies 72.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

so i bit the bullet and made appointment to take my niece (HS junior) to tour atm later this month. blech 😝 but it had to be done, she doesn't think she's gonna make the cut for UT. but... there are 5 other schools we're gonna check out as well.

if i wear burnt orange will i get heckled? 

1 minute ago, mchookem said:

so i bit the bullet and made appointment to take my niece (HS junior) to tour atm later this month. blech 😝 but it had to be done, she doesn't think she's gonna make the cut for UT. but... there are 5 other schools we're gonna check out as well.

ACC and transfer to UT. If you need to start at a community college, better that it be a reputable one in a vibrant city than at a rural home for lying and denial.

8 minutes ago, mchookem said:

A) Yes, you will be heckled, and B) there are far better safety schools out there. Seriously.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mchookem said:

Unmercifully. And worse, it won’t even be clever. It will be dumb shit.

46 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

@Randolph Duke

I heard a new twist on the "More aggy served..." tale recently. This time, if I have the story straight, more aggy officers served in Vietnam than did West Point grads. I didn't see this specific topic addressed at aggypedia and was wondering whether you have a take on it.

The aggy fairy tale about "more officers" is that "more A&M alumni served as officers during WWII than graduated from West Point and Annapolis combined."

Henry Dethloff wrote a book on aggy history for the school's centennial. I have discussed this personally with Henry, but because he us a rather old man and wasn't malicious when he did it, I didn't discuss they claims being derived from his research are wrong.

Dethloff's original claim was that A&M had 20,229 alumni serve in all ranks during WWII, with 14,123 having served as officers. For the record, I have contacted West Point and Annapolis. West Point had 9,802 alumni graduates serve as officers during WWII. Annapolis had 12,976. The total for the two academies is 22,778. So, we know West Point and Annapolis combined had more alumni serve as officers serve during WWII than A&M had alumni serving in all ranks.

It seems that Dethloff's original claim was that A&M had more alumni serve than did West Point. That was bastardized by some aggy to be that A&M had more alumni than West Point or Annapolis. Then it got bastardized to be that A&M had more than USMA and USNA combined. Once again, the classic aggy pattern of hishonesty. Start with a kernel of truth, bastardize the hell out of it, then point to the kernel of truth, claiming that small element "verifies" the bastardized claim. It was the same way they came up with their 12th Man fairy tale, their "oldest university in Texas" fairytale, their "our yell leader tradition started in 1907 when a cadet put on the janitor's outfit" and most, if not all the other famous aggy lies.

Note that aggy is tracking total alumni who served and comparing it to graduates of the academies. And apple and oranges comparison. The aggy officer total is roughly equally divided between graduates and non-graduates. Under the "non-graduate category they include individuals who dropped out and were later 90-day wonders as well as people such as Horace Carswell who attended A&M for a semester in the early 1930s, left A&M to spend 4 years at TCU, graduate from TCU and then serve as an officer. It seems the total of aggys serving on active duty when the war broke out was about half of their total for graduates. Their studies while at A&M during the war were extremely condensed and they were quickly handed diplomas.

So the aggy claim of more officers than the combined totals of the academies if unquestionably fraudulent and is an example of aggys intentionally lying about their school's "military history." It is a complete lie and fabrication. When using aggy's comparing apples and oranges by comparing their alumni to the graduates of the academies, they had more alumni serve than either of the academies.

For WWI, fewer aggys served than did UT alumni. 52 aggys are listed on the state memorial attached to DKR as having died serving in WWI. I think the number of UT alumni who gave their lives while in service during WWI is 98.

The ags also have a claim that 49% of the school's graduates served during WWI. From 1876-1918, the school had 1472 graduates (numbers taken from school's report to the legislature). This total represents less than 8% of the students enrolled at the college during this time (yes, aggy's dropout rate from 1876-1918 was over 92%). They claim 702 graduates served during WWI with 668 commissioned as officers. They also claim 565 undergrads served as officers during WWI with 1233 "aggys" serving as officers during the war.

It seems that Dethloff's work in totaling the number of aggy officers during WWII stems from the 1918 report of the college to the legislature. I know of no research into aggy officer numbers for Korea or Vietnam.

As an aside, when I contacted the Lt.Col in the History Department at West Point I was first referred to to verify the West Point alumni numbers, his immediate response was "Who in the Hell would care about such a stupid thing?" I explained to him about the Texas A&m claim and his response was "Well, that sounds like something idiots from that place would be obsessed over."

And yes, I have emails and other original source documents to back all this up.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 7

46 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

@Randolph Duke

I heard a new twist on the "More aggy served..." tale recently. This time, if I have the story straight, more aggy officers served in Vietnam than did West Point grads. I didn't see this specific topic addressed at aggypedia and was wondering whether you have a take on it.

th?id=OIP.8o313kIFiVoJDISCt69WrgHaFj%26p'

I'm pretty sure this guy liked to flash his aggy ring around.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Does aggy count all the 90 day wonders as aggy alumni?  All that was was an officer training school that was put at aggy, right?  Could have been put in Clute or iraan for all that it mattered, right?  

They are claiming the dropouts who went through OTS anywhere, not all the warm bodies who were not enrolled at the school but passed through during the war. Not sure why, but my guess is the numbers were more favorable. Think about it- an aggy dropout goes to another school and has a chance in life. I’m not thinking the an OTS school on the aggy campus would have really had many graduates.

13 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Ok so the comparison is aggy graduates and dropouts who then did the abbreviated ots anywhere vs usma and usna graduates. 

I’m not sure who the first person to bastardize the claim was, but it happens a number of years ago and everyone from Sharp and Ramirez on down knows it is a lie. Think about that - Joe Ramirez, a retired flag officer, knowingly perpetuates fraudulent military history being taught on the A&M campus. How’s that aggy “honor code” working for him these days? Lol.

59 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

If you stopped in College Station to take a shit in 1942 and then served in the military, you are an Aggie alumnus in their estimation

I've taken several shits there, many more than I am proud to claim, and I am now eligible to order my aggy ring.

Edited by Tex Pete

8 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I've taken several shits there, many more than I am proud to claim, and I am now eligible to order my aggy ring.

If there is ever a pile of human feces discovered on the aggy fake grass glory patch, I would PM me and ask if I was in College Station.

Not saying I'm going to do it, but as it is nothing more than a patch of meaningless public dirt where nothing happened that is revered by people who intentionally and knowingly perpetuate fraudulent "military history," I may well show the same respect for that public dirt that the aggys have shown to those who served, those who died, and those whose collective accomplishments aggys from Joe Ramirez on down have so often fraudulently misrepresented.

Edited by Randolph Duke

26 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

If there is ever a pile of human feces discovered on the aggy fake grass glory patch, I would PM me and ask if I was in College Station.

Not saying I'm going to do it, but as it is nothing more than a patch of meaningless public dirt where nothing happened that is revered by people who intentionally and knowingly perpetuate fraudulent "military history," I may well show the same respect for that public dirt that the aggys have shown to those who served, those who died, and those whose collective accomplishments aggys from Joe Ramirez on down have so often fraudulently misrepresented.

have you ever "accidentally" hooked up a dorm sewage pipe to a storm drain?  to the tune of over a million gallons of sewage flowing into the campus golf course ponds? it only took aggy 8 months to notice there was an issue. think about that...

https://www.theeagle.com/news/a_m/texas-a-m-reports-sewage-discharge-from-campus-dorm-started/article_722c2198-4e56-11e8-997c-37b53e530858.html

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

have you ever "accidentally" hooked up a dorm sewage pipe to a storm drain?  to the tune of over a million gallons of sewage flowing into the campus golf course ponds? it only took aggy 8 months to notice there was an issue. think about that...

https://www.theeagle.com/news/a_m/texas-a-m-reports-sewage-discharge-from-campus-dorm-started/article_722c2198-4e56-11e8-997c-37b53e530858.html

I'm sure there are surly posters who've had hook ups go nearly as bad...

I'm always amused when the subject of feces comes up in a conversation about aggy. It is, after all, one of the few areas where they are actually world leaders, and not just in their own minds. I'll never forget being a freshman anthropology major at UT and hearing my prof admiringly point out that the world's largest collection of fossilized human feces is in College Station. That was three decades ago, but they are still doing a lot of good science on the subject.

Not something the school generally talks about, though, but hey, everybody's gotta be good at something, right?

4 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I liked this exchange:

SabinBear iconAlabama.gif
Alabama Fan
Member since Jan 2018
985 posts

re: A&M will not win a football national title in this century and here’s whyPosted on 1/29/19 at 9:07 pm to boulwarejockstrap
TAMU is likely to win one, but Bama and Clemson currently stand in the way.

Tractor Tug60 iconLSU.gif
LSU Fan
South Texas
Member since Apr 2018
923 posts

re: A&M will not win a football national title in this century and here’s whyPosted on 1/30/19 at 8:40 am to SabinBear
quote:
SabinBear

High functioning retard.What kind of pussy calls itself “Sabinbear”? IconLOL.gif

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

There are pieces of shit crawling all over that campus. It must be pretty hard to determine what  belongs and what doesn't.