2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

Just now, Newy25 said:

Not specific to our coaching staff but holy shit Josh Heupel has to be three bills now. 

I saw his neck and thought he hasn’t missed a meal in 5 years. The fried foods in Knoxville scream for him hourly.  He has more chins than a San Francisco phone book

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 7

Idk what a college “GM” role really means. LSU has had one (Austin Thomas) and it’s most definitely not higher than the head coach. 
My guess is that it’s a heavy focus on managing off-field stuff and consults with Sark on managing on-field staff. Or maybe this is the “football only AD” that people have wanted for a while.
My personal view is that taking low-value shit off Sark’s plate is a big win, but obviously don’t want any Game of Thrones crap. GP needs to be clearly subordinate. Ideally GP manages some off field stuff, supervises the defensive side, and that’s it. 
So he gets a small windowless office and one towel girl, no more than that.

14 minutes ago, XForce said:

Haven’t seen much of Addison live but a play he made earlier was very X like. Z will win a Biletnikoff and Marion will move on to an OC role somewhere. I’m fine with that. 

Addison will transfer to Texas and he and Worthy will be co-Biletnikoff winners next year. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Texas has really done a terrible job of hiring WR coaches. This seems like the first legit hire we've made at WR in a decade. 

Wyatt, Koenning, Norvell, Charlie Williams, Mehringer, Coleman. Who am I missing recently? Lord that's awful when you look back at it. 

I liked Jay Norvell, but that is a sad list.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

Texas has really done a terrible job of hiring WR coaches. This seems like the first legit hire we've made at WR in a decade. 

Wyatt, Koenning, Norvell, Charlie Williams, Mehringer, Coleman. Who am I missing recently? Lord that's awful when you look back at it. 

That 2016 staff revamp for Charlie was embarrassing outside of Mattox (who is probably the second best OL coach we’ve hired in the last decade behind Flood).

Gilbert for OC

Anthony Johnson for RB coach (I don’t think this dude is even coaching football anymore)

Clay Jennings for DB’s (terrible coach, terrible human)

Charlie Williams for WR (lol)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

I'm just glad we've finally entered the modern age of football and stopped chasing after 6'3+ WRs who cant get a sippy cup open. You would have thought our 2007  through 2009 WR core would've taught us a lesson about what works for today's passing games, but it still took us another decade plus to process those lessons. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I'm just glad we've finally entered the modern age of football and stopped chasing after 6'3+ WRs who cant get a sippy cup open. You would have thought our 2007  through 2009 WR core would've taught us a lesson about what works for today's passing games, but it still took us another decade plus to process those lessons. 

Tall, slow and can’t catch. Thanks Tom!