2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Is Jaden Alexis this past fall camp Troy Omeire?

In that they both had good camp runs, yes.  But two very different type of receivers.  Alexis seems very much like a Sark type of guy - smaller, shifty, and runs a 4.4.  I loved his hudl - his high school offense consisted mostly getting him the ball quick (screens/quick slants) and giving him a chance to create.

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Is Jaden Alexis this past fall camp Troy Omeire?

He got injured so sure but he wasn’t as hyped up iirc and is a very different player. 

Hope he’s fully recovered bc he seems like a good fit. Verified 4.41 40 at 185 lbs as a recruit. 

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

In that they both had good camp runs, yes.  But two very different type of receivers.  Alexis seems very much like a Sark type of guy - smaller, shifty, and runs a 4.4.  I loved his hudl - his high school offense consisted mostly getting him the ball quick (screens/quick slants) and giving him a chance to create.

It was more a comment in jest about camp hype but getting injured. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I was sort of kidding. Does Addison play slot? 

Whitt would still get on the field either way. Worst case he's the 4th best WR. 

I don't think "slot" matters much in Sark's offense.

1/2 Worthy/Addison

3 Neyor

4 Whittington

Worthy/Addison would get bulk of snaps I feel, Neyor be the 1st guy off the bench and Whittington be the 4th guy in 4 receiver sets if that hypothetical occurred IMO.

With that set, SHOW ME A LOSS PUSSY!

31 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

He got injured so sure but he wasn’t as hyped up iirc and is a very different player.   Hope he’s fully recovered bc he seems like a good fit. Verified 4.41 40 at 185 lbs as a recruit. 

Yeah Alexis had knee surgery in August -- not sure how rehab has gone

I view any hype around Omeire or Alexis as bullshit until we see them catching passes in an actual game.

Omeire hype was Herman spinning a narrative to the $9.95ers through Carrington as his mouthpiece and guys like Nahlin ignoring their own original evaluations of the guy and selling his hype to his constituency. I'll trust my eyes regarding watching Omeire and if he ever winds up seeing starter snaps at Texas, I'll kiss Eric Nahlin's ass in public and give him 30 minutes to draw a crowd. Dude's far more likely to go med-ship than anything.

Alexis, meanwhile, wasn't a Sarkisian recruit. They saw him for a limited timeframe and he hasn't been able to run a 40 in 150 days. How the fuck can anything about Sarkisian liking the guy be taken seriously here or anywhere else? Bizarre.

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I view any hype around Omeire or Alexis as bullshit until we see them catching passes in an actual game.

Omeire hype was Herman spinning a narrative to the $9.95ers through Carrington as his mouthpiece and guys like Nahlin ignoring their own original evaluations of the guy and selling his hype to his constituency. I'll trust my eyes regarding watching Omeire and if he ever winds up seeing starter snaps at Texas, I'll kiss Eric Nahlin's ass in public and give him 30 minutes to draw a crowd. Dude's far more likely to go med-ship than anything.

Alexis, meanwhile, wasn't a Sarkisian recruit. They saw him for a limited timeframe and he hasn't been able to run a 40 in 150 days. How the fuck can anything about Sarkisian liking the guy be taken seriously here or anywhere else? Bizarre.

Yeah, gotta see it to believe it on both players.

I attended open practice where Omeire was injured and that guy's body is as freakin' frail as the chastity belt South Austin's Mom once wore...  

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

1/2 Worthy/Addison

3 Neyor

4 Whittington

Worthy/Addison would get bulk of snaps I feel, Neyor be the 1st guy off the bench and Whittington be the 4th guy in 4 receiver sets if that hypothetical occurred IMO.

image.gif.5490a45311ede4d219e9236ce2ca86d3.gif

36 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

1/2 Worthy/Addison

3 Neyor

4 Whittington

I think people are under selling a healthy Whittington. Addison and Worthy have similar frames. Someone is going to have to go over the middle. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'll trust my eyes regarding watching Omeire and if he ever winds up seeing starter snaps at Texas, I'll kiss Eric Nahlin's ass in public and give him 30 minutes to draw a crowd.

i can be at pinkerton's in 20... not sure how i feel about it, though.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I have taken to calling Omeire the Bigfoot. A mythical beast that we have all heard about, but nobody has been able to find any proof that he exists. 

Edited by Codaxx

5 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I think people are under selling a healthy Whittington. Addison and Worthy have similar frames. Someone is going to have to go over the middle. 

4 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I have taken to calling Omeire the Bigfoot. A mythical beat that we have all heard about, but nobody has been able to find any proof that he exists. 

So omiere is Bigfoot but healthy Whittington needs to be accounted for. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So omiere is Bigfoot but healthy Whittington needs to be accounted for. 

Difference being there is actual proof that Whit is good when he is on the field. Obviously health is a concern, but I would bet he starts if healthy

Edited by Codaxx

1 minute ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Thanks Captain Obvious. Got any more hot takes for us?

Well, it’s obvious to you but if you read this page you see half of this board penciling him in the starting lineup already. So maybe it’s not that obvious to everyone? 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Well, it’s obvious to you but if you read this page you see half of this board penciling him in the starting lineup already. So maybe it’s not that obvious to everyone? 

I thought we were just spitballing what the room could look like hypothetically. Kind of why I offered the unlikely scenario of Whitt playing 12 games. 

56 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I like how this board is just assumptively penciling in Addison to the starting lineup. Yep, we'll just grab that All American overrrrr heeeerrrree, aaaaaand ... presto, we're good. 

is this one of the all american transfers that Bama should end up with?

• Hook 'Em 1