2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

39 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Texas can ball on offense, we saw it with spares. Sark, stays on the cutting edge of offense IMO. Defensively, I’m at a loss for words. It’s hard to articulate what I watched.

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

Texas can ball on offense, we saw it with spares. Sark, for all his faults, stays on the cutting edge of offense IMO. Defensively, I’m at a loss for words. It’s hard to articulate what I watched.

Hopefully our defense won’t have to cover for a fuck ton of 3 and outs.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

If Marion is as much the real deal as we're all hoping right now, hopefully he sticks around more than a year. Hell, if he works out and kicks ass, promote him to offensive coordinator in 2023 and change Flood's more money title to Assistant Head Coach or something.

If I'm Sark, he has to guarantee me at least 2 years before I hire him. And I don't think he is the guy that wants to be an OC in name only. He wants to call plays. 

13 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

If I'm Sark, he has to guarantee me at least 2 years before I hire him. And I don't think he is the guy that wants to be an OC in name only. He wants to call plays. 

That is impossible. You can never know the job offer he could receive in a year. You could get a promise he won’t leave for a mediocre OC job, but he could get a HC or high P5 OC offer. He had to take that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

How does that guarantee work, exactly? Do they agree in principle?

3 year contract with a huge buyout if his agent will allow it. Zach Arnett at Miss State didn't get the LSU job last year because his SEC buyout was 1.7 million. 

Plus he'll need to show some loyalty before a big enough school gives him an OC gig. 

Just now, Sir Ulrich said:

3 year contract with a huge buyout if his agent will allow it. Zach Arnett at Miss State didn't get the LSU job last year because his SEC buyout was 1.7 million. 

Plus he'll need to show some loyalty before a big enough school gives him an OC gig. 

Debatable. Loyalty is not what this industry is about.

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

the pearl-clutching over this is fucked, and here’s why:

1. if he gets a big oc opportunity this time next year, some really cool shit happened in 2022 with both our wr room and our offense, which probably will…

2. be an asset for our 2023 recruiting during a banner in-state wr cycle, and will also show that…

3. you can move directly from wr coach at texas to a bigtime coordinator job, which is a great thing for finding his eventual replacement. also…

4. chill the f out, people. 

He might even stay for a co-oc/playcalling role in that scenario if Sark decides give up that duty.

26 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

the pearl-clutching over this is fucked, and here’s why:

1. if he gets a big oc opportunity this time next year, some really cool shit happened in 2022 with both our wr room and our offense, which probably will…

2. be an asset for our 2023 recruiting during a banner in-state wr cycle, and will also show that…

3. you can move directly from wr coach at texas to a bigtime coordinator job, which is a great thing for finding his eventual replacement. also…

4. chill the f out, people. 

This. People aren’t used to hiring people with actual upward trajectory

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, taybo20 said:

Hearing he wants the WRs to block is the greatest thing I’ve heard this year. And it’s something we’ve lacked for a long time. 

Not really. Out WRs would block on run plays under String and Herman.  But for whatever reason, they haven't been able to block the most run pass play in CFB.

5 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Yes, because Texas held all the power here. The guy chose to come here to be a WR coach over OC at other destinations. You trying to run him off?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, dcar00 said:

the sutter home and giving him HEB cheese cubes without the bag is fucking awesome

4 hours ago, Harvdog said:

Coach Beard dragged his balls across his face. New Year teabag for the AAS D-Bag.  

I wouldn't put it past Brian Davis for setting this up himself and then claiming that Beard did it as a clap back.

11 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

I wouldn't put it past Brian Davis for setting this up himself and then claiming that Beard did it as a clap back.

I would say highly unlikely mainly because Beard is that kind of guy.  he's gonna fuck with these dumbasses...and I love it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SimkinsMan said:

https://rolltide.com/news/2021/2/18/jay-valai-added-to-the-alabama-football-coaching-staff.aspx

I mean, I thought Valai was terrible, but I've also not won 1 million national championships.

Saban hired him because he thought Valai had Texas connections that would get Denver Harris and other Texas kids to Bama. Only Texas guy who ended up there was Miller.

Saban is likely processing Valai and he’s going to end up at OU.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Saban thought Valai had Texas connections -- only Texas guy who they signed was Miller.  Saban is likely processing Valai and he’s going to end up at OU.

So Saban makes mistakes and then gets rid of the problem -- who knew ??

When is BoB getting fired then...  

• Haha 1