2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

20 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I seriously doubt Sark will make it.  Just like after Strong hired Watson I knew he was an idiot.  But I also thought Herman was a homerun.

So I hope I am as wrong about Sark as I was on Herman.

Herman is/was an asshole, but does anyone seriously think he gets fired if the EOT stuff never happens. Just having a controversy (made up or otherwise) like that in the public space did as much to kill recruiting momentum as Herman's personality. 

• Drool 1

1 minute ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Herman is/was an asshole, but does anyone seriously think he gets fired if the EOT stuff never happens. Just having a controversy (made up or otherwise) like that in the public space did as much to kill recruiting momentum as Herman's personality. 

I certainly think so. That's just the obvious flashpoint but when somebody is that universally disliked then if it wasn't that it would have been something else. 

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Irrelevant. Decent chance he would've been sucked out an airplane door at 30k feet anyway.

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

To me, Herman put himself in that position  in 2019 by guiding that team to a 7-5 regular season. That was a pretty egregious underachievement. Obviously if 2020 had gone differently he could have saved his job. But I think 2019 was the key with Herman. EoT was what is was, and he’s a prick, but his consistent inability to get his team to win very winnable games did him in. Being a prick probably shortened his leash a little I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I certainly think so. That's just the obvious flashpoint but when somebody is that universally disliked then if it wasn't that it would have been something else. 

Oh it would've eventually happened, however, given all his personal failings Herman is a good coach. If he were ever to overcome his insecurities, overall hubris, and the personality quirks that hold him back he'd be a great coach. 

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I view any hype around Omeire or Alexis as bullshit until we see them catching passes in an actual game.    Omeire hype was Herman spinning a narrative to the $9.95ers through Carrington as his mouthpiece and guys like Nahlin ignoring their own original evaluations of the guy and selling his hype to his constituency. I'll trust my eyes regarding watching Omeire and if he ever winds up seeing starter snaps at Texas, I'll kiss Eric Nahlin's ass in public and give him 30 minutes to draw a crowd. Dude's far more likely to go med-ship than anything.

Alexis, meanwhile, wasn't a Sarkisian recruit. They saw him for a limited timeframe and he hasn't been able to run a 40 in 150 days. How the fuck can anything about Sarkisian liking the guy be taken seriously here or anywhere else? Bizarre.

This posted today by @MoJames 

• Hook 'Em 1

Couple things on Marion: love the hire. Detailed those reasons earlier in the thread.

But, Texas will be his 11th school in 12 years of coaching. He's ambitious and will move quickly. Sark needs to take that into account in 23 WR recruiting. It's a great WR class and major position of need for the cycle. Sark was already getting more involved in WR recruiting due to Coleman but he can't let off the breaks now. We're sure to get hit with questions about Marion leaving at signing day next year. Good news is this staff has volume recruiters to help out. Drayton's exit may have come at the perfect time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Newy25 said:

If Jordan Addison becomes a free agent, we are going to have to fight every single blue blood program for him and offer some serious money to get him. 

We could never get a high profile transfer that everyone in the country wants

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Couple things on Marion: love the hire. Detailed those reasons earlier in the thread.

But, Texas will be his 11th school in 12 years of coaching. He's ambitious and will move quickly. Sark needs to take that into account in 23 WR recruiting. It's a great WR class and major position of need for the cycle. Sark was already getting more involved in WR recruiting due to Coleman but he can't let off the breaks now. We're sure to get hit with questions about Marion leaving at signing day next year. Good news is this staff has volume recruiters to help out. Drayton's exit may have come at the perfect time. 

Already leaving before he’s hired.

13 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Likely true but at least the moves all make sense.  Is from Pennsylvania and played JC in California.  Does HS in CA and PA.  GA at ASU after playing for him at Tulsa.  Gets rando job in Oklahoma.  Coach pulls him to be an OC at HBCU.  Follows that coach to FCS.  Leaves to work for Graham again in Hawaii and they don’t play.  Goes home to Pittsburgh last year… so yeah, he moves a lot but the moves all make sense.  An article mentioned that he is checking the boxes to move up the ladder. So I expect he’ll leave Texas for an OC role in a couple years… cool.  Good WR coach, volume recruiter and I suspect Sark will pick his brain for some innovative concepts… works for me

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

as @Zhorn96 points out, he's upgrading the whole time. What's the next stop after WR at Texas, power 5 OC? Does he get that chance in '23? We'll see.

1 minute ago, ATXbronco said:

Just tuned in to see if I could catch a glimpse of this Pittsburgh Chucky Atkinson WR guy ya'll are wishcasting on us.

Get to watch a bit of OT first.  

image.thumb.png.a6de261ffd5e19e2fec678818d8b4ee3.png

kudos if you know who Chucky was.

Just for context, Pitt’s stud QB opted out (v lame for a programs first NY6 bowl) and the replacement just went into the locker room hurt

• Hook 'Em 1