2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

Haha yeah. I’m just making shit up but I want to know what it was referencing 

Steve Sarkisian = Sark after dark
Mark Henry = Sexual Chocolate

Sark after dark + Sexual Chcocolate in a Jackie Treehorn production…..”Grabbin’ all the fatties and all the baddies”.

Spoiler alert, he doesn’t fix the cable.
  • Haha 1

This feels like CDC independently asked old buddy Gary to do him a solid and come up and talk to the coaches about a possible role to help fix the defense.  The coaches get all defensive (for once) and are like, why?  Sark makes his public comment on signing day and thinned skinned Gary says fine, fuck off then.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

This feels like CDC independently asked old buddy Gary to do him a solid and come up and talk to the coaches about a possible role to help fix the defense.  The coaches get all defensive (for once) and are like, why?  Sark makes his public comment on signing day and thinned skinned Gary says fine, fuck off then.  

Yeah. I thought that statement might just rile ol Gar up a bit. 

6 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I don’t see how Sark’s comments on signing day would rub Gary the wrong way. All he said was that nothing was finalized between the two sides and that Gary was trying to figure out the next best move for himself.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

The reason Sark made the comment at all is because, like I said before, if Patterson is hired it would be to be prepared for a role as interim HC not as a consultant/QA to fix the defense (despite whatever role is announced publicly) and Sarkisian knows it - hence the defensiveness. 

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I don’t see how Sark’s comments on signing day would rub Gary the wrong way. All he said was that nothing was finalized between the two sides and that Gary was trying to figure out the next best move for himself.

Sark addresses Patterson at approx 17:16.    At about 17:44 he states "we have not made the determination we want him here.." which could cause concern by Patterson.

It was an odd thing to say. I was listening live and thought wtf was that? "Of course we'd love to have Gary here in some capacity; We just have to figure out if that is a possibility and what that might be blah blah blah" is what you would expect to hear if Sark was really into it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, torre said:

Sark addresses Patterson at approx 17:16.    At about 17:44 he states "we have not made the determination we want him here.." which could cause concern by Patterson.

that comment was very strange when all he had to say was something like "we aren't talking to Gary about a role on the coaching staff right now".

I was told he's in, in some capacity, but that really feels like Sark trying to kill it.  PK better be getting his shit together.

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Probably reading into it too much, but Patterson liking Choate's tweet about our 22 class is a little intriguing. Wouldn't think he and Choate have much of a previous connection if at all

I think it’s been mentioned before that Patterson and PK/Choate know each other. I believe PK and Choate visited Patterson a couple times in the offseason when they were at Boise State.

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Hypothetical here. You only get one.

New volume recruiters at the RB and WR coach spots

or

Patterson joining with some cushy analyst title

Patterson assuming his role is involved enough to actually help. 

Win games, boost NIL, and the recruiting will handle itself.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

The reason Sark made the comment at all is because, like I said before, if Patterson is hired it would be to be prepared for a role as interim HC not as a consultant/QA to fix the defense (despite whatever role is announced publicly) and Sarkisian knows it - hence the defensiveness. 

black and white life GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Coaching Career[edit]

In 2016, he joined the Dallas Cowboys coaching staff as an intern.[28] In 2017, he was a graduate assistant at the University of North Texas. In 2018, he was promoted to running backs coach. He joined the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets as their running backs coach prior to the 2019 season.[29] In December 2021 Coach Choice transferred from GT to USC in the same position

Just now, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I think its a good career move to live USC to coach Bijan Robinson in what could be a Doak/ Heisman year

No question about it, especially with the O-line haul we just had. This thing could snowball into a powerhouse. If I had a choice between LA and ATX, it's a no brainer but then again I hate California in so many ways.

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

Maybe he got to California and said get me the fuck outa here.

Maybe ham man is a complete dipshit.  Seriously, how the fuck did we get stuck with him covering UT?   

I guess by now he’s about as mobile as mansfield dam, so he couldn’t physically relocate if he wanted to.  

2 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

Maybe ham man is a complete dipshit.  Seriously, how the fuck did we get stuck with him covering UT?   

I guess by now he’s about as mobile as mansfield dam, so he couldn’t physically relocate if he wanted to.  

No idea how we are stuck with him, he should do himself and everyone else a favor and take a short leap off a tall building. If nothing else we could lock him inside a ice cream truck and hope he eats himself to death.