2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

I looked it up to refresh my memory, Malzahn was OC at Tulsa with Marion in 2007/08, and BM dropped a BM on the opposition, averaging a ridiculous 28.7 yards a reception for his career (83 catches). These numbers are from Wikipedia, so if they are wrong, blame my laziness.

• Hook 'Em 3

Coleman was an absolute terrible recruiter and a bad coach as well.  He developed 1 player at KSU a long time ago and somehow managed to get promoted from analyst to our WR coach.  Herman is a damn moron for promoting him and I still question how Sark thought it would be good to retain him but let go someone like Hutzler.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

C'mon Bo, Brewster has to relate, young players rather talk to 61 year old white men who "get" their terminology.

Yeah, but Jones is acting like Brewster is just doing this because it’s an HBU. He’s always done it and it’s always been stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 4

16 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Yeah, but Jones is acting like Brewster is just doing this because it’s an HBU. He’s always done it and it’s always been stupid. 

That's sort of Bomani's point - he doesn't need to do it at an HBCU - it looks even more ridiculous because he's doing it at an HBCU. 

15 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

That's sort of Bomani's point - he doesn't need to do it at an HBCU - it looks even more ridiculous because he's doing it at an HBCU. 

lol it's how young players talk/text/tweet.. doesn't matter what school he's at, it's the way the younger generation is.  It's not that deep.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

And my point is: he isn't doing it because it's an HBU, he's doing it because he does it. As stupid as it is, there is no reason to change what he does. It has always been cheesy and forced.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, UncleBuck said:

I get the feeling Brewster's shtick is on the twilight side, but he still has a little juice with the 'croots. But Jackson State? 

Deion is putting together a better staff, "NIL program",  and better recruiters than 90% of the P5. Brewster is still a high volume recruiter, and paired with Deion, it might transport him back to 2001. If FSU doesn't hire Deion away after this season then they are officially a lost cause. 

On 6/3/2022 at 9:45 AM, Thiefery said:

lol it's how young players talk/text/tweet.. doesn't matter what school he's at, it's the way the younger generation is.  It's not that deep.

It seems like Brewster has been saying "(place) is lit" for over a decade now. I'm an old but if there's one thing I know about kids these days (or any day) it's that 10 year old lingo is ancient and laughable. Is anyone else still saying that? 

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

It seems like Brewster has been saying "(place) is lit" for over a decade now. I'm an old but if there's one thing I know about kids these days (or any day) it's that 10 year old lingo is ancient and laughable. Is anyone else still saying that? 

Sounds like something someone from an unlit place would say.

• Haha 2