2022 Off-Season Thread: No Kool-Aid, Just Flavor-Aid

BurntOrange&White

55 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Only see little guys in that video. Let's hope the big guys are lifting weights.

Big guys have their own footwork voodoo. An OL only has power when his feet are touching the ground. He's only stable when his center of mass is over his base (between his feet). A lot of an OL education is concerned with how to move your feet so that you get from here to there while keeping your feet on the ground as much as possible, and while keeping your body centered over those feet whilst this occurs. Chapter 2 is how to do it when other large humans are falling around your knees and ankles.

• Hook 'Em 4

36 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Ian Boyd Warning.....

Texas Homer YouTube

[Full Breakdown] Texas Longhorns New Offensive Lineup for '22 with Portal/Recruit Additions 

Friday, January 28th

I watched 14 of the 25 mins of this and FUCK is listening to dipshit a beat down.  Monotone as hell and the 5 second think breaks between sentences is brutal. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nope said:

The story on this account features the lifting of some actual weights 

https://instagram.com/texasfootballperformance?utm_medium=copy_link

If you hate social media as much as I do, here's a site that lets you view this account without creating an IG account.

https://www.picuki.com/profile/texasfootballperformance

• Hook 'Em 8

29 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

I was looking at the big draft boards and whatnot and wondered: will we have a single person drafted this year? I can't think of one.

Yeah, another reminder of just how terrible the Texas upperclassmen roster was in a lot of spots for 2021.

• Dicker might make an NFL roster, but I wouldn't expect him to get drafted  
  • Josh Thompson hopefully gets an NFL shot
  • Kerstetter is doubtful for NFL but good luck 

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up

4 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

"Working" in his Ugg slippers lol

Would this be a player-led optional thing or do they have formal workouts on weekends?

Yancy would never allow this. He demanded cleats on at all times, even in the showers. 

On 1/25/2022 at 6:26 PM, Hermanator said:

Oh man, you dummies are gonna do this to yourselves again aren't you

Yeah, yeah. "The workouts are different from last year." Which is what we've heard... every single year ever.

Only thing new is "more player-led than last year," which is like saying that the Jacksonville Jaguars improved in 2021 over 2020, by improving from 1-15 to 3-14.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:17 AM, harpercollins said:

NSIAP, from Texas Monthly

Richard Justice on Why Does UT’s $34 Million Head Coach Need a “Special Assistant”?

Ex-TCU coach Gary Patterson's move to Austin is a script only the deep-pocketed and dysfunctional Longhorns could write.

Richard Justice is a dickhead moron.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:23 AM, Nope said:

Why is he so butthurt?

Because he's a dickhead moron.

On 1/27/2022 at 9:34 AM, Js1 said:

About time people are educated on how fucking stupid Richard Justice is.  He's as bad as KB in terms of being a hack. 

I wouldn't insult Bohls by comparing him to Justice. Bohls is merely a dipshit. Justice is a dickhead moron.

On 1/27/2022 at 9:58 AM, jinx said:

I’m not taking Ohio State lifting heavy while we focus on marathon skills as a good sign

On 1/27/2022 at 10:17 AM, jinx said:

I would take whatever Ohio State is doing over what we are doing based on about 12 years of evidence. 

Yeah, "what we're doing is different from Ohio State" doesn't sound like good news to me, either.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 1/29/2022 at 10:43 AM, Tex-19 said:

Not sure what to make of this one 🤔

I googled "fw heavy" -- it's "fuck with that heavy," meaning "When you significantly connect with an individual to the highest degree."

tl;dr, the staff made a bad first impression, but now the team is on board.

On 1/27/2022 at 12:17 PM, jinx said:

I would take whatever Ohio State is doing over what we are doing based on about 12 years of evidence. 

Part of the problem is that paragraph was written by someone who doesn't know what he's talking about. WTF does "functional strength" have to do with running? WRT the running, it better be sprints if Becton wants to have his job next year.

On 1/29/2022 at 12:43 PM, Tex-19 said:

Not sure what to make of this one 🤔

The translation is essentially, "Have you ever ended up having a really good relationship/experience with someone with whom it started off on the wrong foot when you first met?"

• Hook 'Em 1

Texas football is the repu****ans of the football world. Fuck everything up then promise to make it better with grand promises and bullshit then next time fuck it all up again. Rinse, repeat. 

7 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Whole. New. Attitude.

Edited by blacklab
user taking vacation for cr shit
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 16