Reacher

Scary Stranger

33 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i've never read the books but is the main character supposed to be so big, or is this just a weird casting decision?

Tom Cruise was the weird casting decision. It was like casting Hervé Villechaize as Hulk. Reacher was/is a giant of a man. 6'5" and kicked off the Army football team after 1 game for being too violent.

Edited by RPM

44 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i've never read the books but is the main character supposed to be so big, or is this just a weird casting decision?

On 12/2/2021 at 8:19 PM, henrygandorf said:

finally all you crybabies can stfu.

On 12/3/2021 at 11:40 AM, henrygandorf said:

there's a throwaway line in "the player" that i always think of, when cynthia stevenson is over at tim robbins place and she's shitting on a script where the two leads are "circus performers in their mid 60's" or something similar.  things get written and cast the way they do for a reason.

i understand jack reacher was written in a certain way, and i will watch this new series and hope for the best, but i enjoyed the first movie just fine with the biggest movie star of all time playing the titular role. 

my initial question to the bookfags was about the way reacher was treated in the movie.  a recurring theme was that people didn't take him seriously, were always fucking with him, putting him into situations where he was forced to defend himself physically.  that was arguably the best part of the movie.  when i asked if it was like that in the books, i didn't get a definitive "no", which begs the question - if reacher is 6'7" 325 or whatever the shit, then why would anyone ever fuck with him?

On 12/5/2021 at 3:02 PM, henrygandorf said:

well yeah, tom cruise will always be tom cruise.  he's never really hidden in a role, tropic thunder notwithstanding.  but this trailer tells me the stories are nearly identical, despite casting a menacing hulk of a man.

Right. You just forgot that you've been arguing about this exact topic on multiple threads here and on shaggy for 10 years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

One crazy nitpick. He takes tiny steps for such a big guy. Wife said he was always walking like his pants are too tight. Once you notice it, it’s hard not to see his tiny steps. Figure a 6’5” guy would be a long strider.
Exactly. It's really fucking odd. Although per his IMDB profile he's only 6'2", not 6'5" per the books.

12 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:
29 minutes ago, Scary Stranger said:
One crazy nitpick. He takes tiny steps for such a big guy. Wife said he was always walking like his pants are too tight. Once you notice it, it’s hard not to see his tiny steps. Figure a 6’5” guy would be a long strider.

Exactly. It's really fucking odd. Although per his IMDB profile he's only 6'2", not 6'5" per the books.

Meh, Tom Cruise is 5'2 and a hundred pounds so we should let a couple inches slide.

27 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

You're goddamn right gif.

She is walking around the hotel room in panties. That is a signal she wanted to go to Pound Town. lol Reacher laying on the floor displaying the glory of his six pack and this fine ass woman laying in bed in her panties and nothing happens. HBO would have filmed that scene much differently.

1 hour ago, F250 said:

She is walking around the hotel room in panties. That is a signal she wanted to go to Pound Town. lol Reacher laying on the floor displaying the glory of his six pack and this fine ass woman laying in bed in her panties and nothing happens. HBO would have filmed that scene much differently.

Reminded me of Arnold in Twins in his hotel room scene with that hottie

• Hook 'Em 3

Probably McGill's career highlight in one scene. Such a great film.

Back to Reacher, I'm assuming that he's kind of a Kwai Chang Caine character, wandering around the US, not looking for trouble but it always finds him. For those who've read the books, is there one or two that standout that people should read, or that you see as a likely source for season 2?

• Hook 'Em 3