Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

39 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If Texas has a tremendous season this year, the 2025 class could be the highest rated since VY’s. 

Are we basically non-contenders for Devin Sanchez now? It’d be dope to see a fellow homie in the burnt orange. And that whole “he’s the best corner in the country” thing is important too I guess. 

14 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Are we basically non-contenders for Devin Sanchez now? It’d be dope to see a fellow homie in the burnt orange. And that whole “he’s the best corner in the country” thing is important too I guess. 

I haven't spent much time talking about the 2025 class with anyone yet, but there are already red flags with that guy. He loves ATM. That's after the full-on flameouts of Denver Harris and Shadrach Banks. I cannot imagine that North Shore people are advocating for ATM at this point. So my conclusion is that the player is an absolute imbecile. The fact that Texas isn't all over him and doing work elsewhere might tell us something too. 

It's early, so who knows, but there's a Toviano feel on this one for me.

Also, "best corner in the country" in that class has a ways to go in terms of evaluations before that title can be handed to anyone.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I haven't spent much time talking about the 2025 class with anyone yet, but there are already red flags with that guy. He loves ATM. That's after the full-on flameouts of Denver Harris and Shadrach Banks. I cannot imagine that North Shore people are advocating for ATM at this point. So my conclusion is that the player is an absolute imbecile. The fact that Texas isn't all over him and doing work elsewhere might tell us something too. 

It's early, so who knows, but there's a Toviano feel on this one for me.

Also, "best corner in the country" in that class has a ways to go in terms of evaluations before that title can be handed to anyone.

I watched him specifically in the state title game last year. He pretty much removed Dakorien Moore from the game entirely. Even taking off my raza glasses I’m still seeing him as a top 10 pick in the 2028 draft. Dude has it all already.

• Like 1

Just now, Helobious said:

I watched him specifically in the state title game last year. He pretty much removed Dakorien Moore from the game entirely. Even taking off my raza glasses I’m still seeing him as a top 10 pick in the 2028 draft. Dude has it all already.

then i hope he goes to tOSU and as far away from here as possible. 

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Yeah he’s going to be a nightmare for whoever plays his team so it’d be nice not having to face him 3 times. But if we can’t get him then I’ll settle for Sael Reyes from Desoto I guess.

Reyes is a Safety.  We'll be fine at CB.  The 5* from Louisiana is making his third visit since the end of July.  A 5* CB from Ohio just moved to Texas that we might be able to get in on.  The staff loves Coby Sellers and Caleb Chester out of the Houston area.

6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Just so we're clear - you watched one game of a sophomore CB going against a sophomore WR and you're now firming up a take that said sophomore CB will be a top 10 pick in a draft 5 years from now? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Just so we're clear - you watched one game of a sophomore CB going against a sophomore WR and you're now firming up a take that said sophomore CB will be a top 10 pick in a draft 5 years from now? 

I get what you’re saying but it’s not like it was a random player having one good game. He’s already unanimously regarded as one of the top 20 players in the country for his class and he proved it against the best of the best in the title game. He’s got the size and quickness. So yeah I don’t think it’s wild to say if the trajectory continues he’d be a top 10 pick. If I’m Sark he’s my one can’t miss prospect that class. But I’m just a dude on the internet I guess. 

20 minutes ago, Helobious said:

well, this means he is going to quit football in about 2 weeks, go start a cult in South America, take over some country and we will be watching a netflix doc on him in 15 years.

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

I get what you’re saying but it’s not like it was a random player having one good game. He’s already unanimously regarded as one of the top 20 players in the country for his class and he proved it against the best of the best in the title game. He’s got the size and quickness. So yeah I don’t think it’s wild to say if the trajectory continues he’d be a top 10 pick. If I’m Sark he’s my one can’t miss prospect that class. But I’m just a dude on the internet I guess. 

my guy it is fucking wild, even for you, to say that a player who is currently class of 2025 is going to be a top 10 pick in a draft that is 5+ years away.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Just so we're clear - you do know who the fuck you are talking to, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You don't get what I am saying or you wouldn't be posting what you're posting, including in this post.

The list of players who are top 20 at this point in a cycle that ends in 18 months who later fall out is very long. Shadrach Banks, from North Shore no less, was a consensus top 25 guy at one point about this far out from his signing. Nigel Smith. Preston Stone. Grant Gunnell. Kendrick Blackshire. The list is long. These are off the top of my head. 

You also weren't talking about "trajectory". You were declarative on what would occur and you doubled down in this post. Strong work.

Just now, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Just so we're clear - you do know who the fuck you are talking to, right?

I find Helobious fascinating and enjoy batting him around occasionally. 

I’ll amend to “top 10 pick potential” if it makes everyone stop crying. I did kind of forget that it’s not just players from his class that would be going in his draft so it’s pretty hard to actually know without seeing the prospect field. It’s still my opinion that he’s a superstar and will be one of the top CB’s in the country throughout college. I hope Sark isn’t as quick to write him off as CTJ is.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’ll amend to “top 10 pick potential” if it makes everyone stop crying. I did kind of forget that it’s not just players from his class that would be going in his draft so it’s pretty hard to actually know without seeing the prospect field. It’s still my opinion that he’s a superstar and will be one of the top CB’s in the country throughout college. I hope Sark isn’t as quick to write him off as CTJ is.

I'm not writing the guy off. I already said I don't know what the outlook is for him with the staff at this point. I also didn't declare anything about the guy's NFL future. He's 2 years away from CFB. A lot of shit can happen, good or bad. That's why your buffoonery on this page of the thread has been darkly entertaining.

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I find Helobious fascinating and enjoy batting him around occasionally. 

7 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

At this point I have to believe it is a bit.  

I find myself in both camps. Like CTJ, I'm a little bit fascinated by him. His commitment is laudable, if it is a bit. But there's such a genuine-ness to his horrible takes that makes me think, "This motherfucker just might be this dumb." Perhaps it's a higher form of trolling, like an evolutionary futureman. Or perhaps someone needs to hide the paste from him before he eats it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

At this point I have to believe it is a bit.  

I see you missed the “Helo’s Homies” section of my season preview in the TX HS football thread. I’m on record as a believer in Sanchez for a long ass time going back to last year. It’s no bit.

On 8/13/2023 at 7:13 PM, Helobious said:

**Helo’s Homies** - highlighting some homie-american players from around the state that you’ll see on saturdays & even sundays maybe.

Devin Sanchez - CB, North Shore (JR): I don’t need to tell you about this guy. Only question about him is if he’ll be a Buckeye or a Crimson Tide in college.

Noah Lugo - QB, Eaton (SR): UTSA commit and high quality hurdler on the track. In my opinion the most underrated QB in the class, hopefully the Roadrunners hang on. He’s going to be a star.

Daniel Cruz - OL, Richland (SR): our center of the future.

Marcos Davila - QB, Midland Leegacy (SR): Purdue commit. Has legit NFL size. Gives me the opposite gut feeling from Lugo, because I think Davila will suck in college. What Purdue QB since Brees hasn’t sucked. 

Ryan Estrada - RB, El Paso El Dorado (SO): if I’m Sark I’m calling every 2026 top RB prospect and telling them to go fuck themselves. The guy I want plays for the El Dorado Aztecs. Probably my favorite player in the state, has offers from Baylor, Tech, UTEP, UTSA already, unheard of number of FBS offers for an El Paso freshman. Insert the “and he can pass!” gif from Friday Night Lights. The kid is a playmaker.

• Hook 'Em 1

I find myself in both camps. Like CTJ, I'm a little bit fascinated by him. His commitment is laudable, if it is a bit. But there's such a genuine-ness to his horrible takes that makes me think, "This motherfucker just might be this dumb." Perhaps it's a higher form of trolling, like an evolutionary futureman. Or perhaps someone needs to hide the paste from him before he eats it. 

7c5227123ea1a743dfea347eefffa220.gif

34 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I see you missed the “Helo’s Homies” section of my season preview in the TX HS football thread. I’m on record as a believer in Sanchez for a long ass time going back to last year. It’s no bit.

Yeah, but your entire premise for a preview of being high on these kids was that they had to be latin. Or at least have latin names. That's a hell of a filter.

What we really need, bit or not, is a yearly Helobious list of the top players, 2 years out of college, that are surefire college stars and future NFL top 10 picks. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Ryan Estrada - RB, El Paso El Dorado (SO): if I’m Sark I’m calling every 2026 top RB prospect and telling them to go fuck themselves. The guy I want plays for the El Dorado Aztecs. Probably my favorite player in the state, has offers from Baylor, Tech, UTEP, UTSA already, unheard of number of FBS offers for an El Paso freshman. Insert the “and he can pass!” gif from Friday Night Lights. The kid is a playmaker.

So Sark should tell his recruiting witch, who gets whatever dude he wants nationwide, to close down '26 recruiting now for a RB who has offers from UTEP and UTSA.

1 minute ago, Mr. Drummond said:

So Sark should tell his recruiting witch, who gets whatever dude he wants nationwide, to close down '26 recruiting now for a RB who has offers from UTEP and UTSA.

Estrada went on to get injured in the first game and hasn’t really played this year. He’s a fucking baller but yeah brakes may need to be tapped depending on how he looks when healthy again.

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, but your entire premise for a preview of being high on these kids was that they had to be latin. Or at least have latin names. That's a hell of a filter.

What we really need, bit or not, is a yearly Helobious list of the top players, 2 years out of college, that are surefire college stars and future NFL top 10 picks. 

Ok that did make me laugh. Pat yourself on the back. 

If I’d known my one throwaway comment about thinking Sanchez would be a top 10 pick would lead to this entire page I’d have kept it to myself. But you’re nuts if you think I won’t bring it up when he’s locking down Moore (again) in December. 

32 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I predict Travis Kelce-Swift II will be a first round pick in 2043 because I saw her hops in that chest bump. Those hops clearly equal a first round talent and can sing pre game speeches. Amidoingthisright? 

Gonna be neck n neck with Demarvion Overshown Jr's singing voice

35 minutes ago, TotallyLegit said:

Gonna be neck n neck with Demarvion Overshown Jr's singing voice

That’s a good point. I can’t think of many male singers that had a famous mom who was also a well known singer…but I know a few male artists that had famous/semi famous dads that were famous singers. 

6 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

That’s a good point. I can’t think of many male singers that had a famous mom who was also a well known singer…but I know a few male artists that had famous/semi famous dads that were famous singers. 

Did any room with Sydmill Harris?

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

Yeah he’s going to be a nightmare for whoever plays his team so it’d be nice not having to face him 3 times. But if we can’t get him then I’ll settle for Sael Reyes from Desoto I guess.

future HOF member...probably 1st ballot.

Edited by FloridaHorn