Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

On 11/6/2023 at 9:57 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

Catches the ball with his hands very well. He has very very quick first couple of steps, long arms, uses his body well against defenders and looks to block pretty well. Doesn't have elite top end speed but seems like a guy who could be a complete tight end. 

image.png.2034893aba9807e2e0321ba63420dcf6.png

Has offers from Tennessee, Ohio St, USC, Bama, Utah. Ohio State seems to have had the predictions and he's visited Tennessee a few times already. image.thumb.png.b8c5a5bf93256ddbfc15977e01e60c2f.png

Should be a good red zone guy. Which we need.

19 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

tOSU bound.  Texas never had any interest.  Lulz at aggy in his top 3.

Fixed it for you. 

I honestly don't know how interested he was in Texas, but Texas is not focused on pursuing players from North Shore and won't be during Sarkisian's tenure. That doesn't mean they won't go after a guy or two, but they also think there are better places in which they should be building a pipeline. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

For someone that doesn't follow recruiting super closely, what's the issue with North Shore?

IMO - They recruit kids from all over the state based on talent alone. A lot of these kids have trouble managing their egos and behavior once they get to college after being told they’re the best in the country for 3-4 years straight.  That district has tons of talent though, probably better off focusing on the Summer Creeks and Atascocitas long term. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Enchubben said:

IMO - They recruit kids from all over the state based on talent alone. A lot of these kids have trouble managing their egos and behavior once they get to college after being told they’re the best in the country for 3-4 years straight.  That district has tons of talent though, probably better off focusing on the Summer Creeks and Atascocitas long term. 

Lol. That school is always filled to the brim with talent and it’d be stupid to write it off just because 1 or 2 notable guys didn’t pan out at the next level. For every Zach Evans (who’s in the NFL right now btw) there’s a K’Lavon Chaisson or Dorance Armstrong. Sanchez is a huge miss for Sark but maybe he just didn’t want to come here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Lol. That school is always filled to the brim with talent and it’d be stupid to write it off just because 1 or 2 notable guys didn’t pan out at the next level. For every Zach Evans (who’s in the NFL right now btw) there’s a K’Lavon Chaisson or Dorance Armstrong. Sanchez is a huge miss for Sark but maybe he just didn’t want to come here. 

Dang, maybe we shoulda recruited Zach Evans so we'd put some RBs into the NFL.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

If he had a top 3 with aggy and not UT then that's a good assumption. Let him go to Ryan Day's club for wayward boys.

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

Shadrach Banks. Denver Harris. Damien George. Kris Ross. Zach Evans - who was a fucking bust and problem for his teams in college, btw. 

It is not a high school to be ignored, but if the recruit doesn’t check every single box on the evaluation and seem like he’s really excited to come to Texas, hard pass. Sanchez didn’t check a bunch of the boxes, apparently. He’s not a “miss” if he’s not a target, dipshit. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I meant more he was a miss because he wasn’t targeted harder, assuming there’s no off field issues. But again maybe he just didn’t want to come here and it didn’t matter anyway. 

With Reyes an A&M lock now, my 2025 secondary wishlist is now down to Juan-Milleon Aguilar (real name). Safety from Dallas Kimball with 9 INT’s this season so far. Hopefully we can beat out Texas State & Grambling.

https://247sports.com/player/juan-milleon-aguilar-46142030/

Edited by Helobious

43 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I meant more he was a miss because he wasn’t targeted harder, assuming there’s no off field issues. But again maybe he just didn’t want to come here and it didn’t matter anyway. 

With Reyes an A&M lock now, my 2025 secondary wishlist is now down to Juan-Milleon Aguilar (real name). Safety from Dallas Kimball with 9 INT’s this season so far. Hopefully we can beat out Texas State & Grambling.

https://247sports.com/player/juan-milleon-aguilar-46142030/

You don't "target harder" if they're not a target. 

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Do you just scour recruiting websites looking for hispanic names?

Not recruiting sites but following TX HS football they’ll stand out to me. Definitely like seeing them have success at the next level. Recent exceptions being Zack Sanchez because he did the horns down at his signing day with OU. And Lejond Cavazos because he and his dad were both well-known fucktards in the south Texas football scene.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Shadrach Banks. Denver Harris. Damien George. Kris Ross. Zach Evans - who was a fucking bust and problem for his teams in college, btw. 

It is not a high school to be ignored, but if the recruit doesn’t check every single box on the evaluation and seem like he’s really excited to come to Texas, hard pass. Sanchez didn’t check a bunch of the boxes, apparently. He’s not a “miss” if he’s not a target, dipshit. 

Yeah, I am not sure what it is, but the kids coming out of North Shore in the past several cycles have all been major headcases and problem children. It is a bit perplexing, but it points to there being some sort of systemic problem going on with how those guys are treated and raised in the football program that they think they can get away with whatever they want. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Not recruiting sites but following TX HS football they’ll stand out to me. Definitely like seeing them have success at the next level. Recent exceptions being Zack Sanchez because he did the horns down at his signing day with OU. 

What school did his brother, Dirty, sign to?

• Haha 2

Sanchez was not a miss because 1) we REALLY didn't want him all that bad for reasons other people might like to go into (but I will not touch on here) and; 2) he was never coming here here anyway. tOSU bound all the way. Would like to wish him the best, but... fuck tOSOU. Also I expect another Denver Harris type situation, tbh - or worse - and I'm not solid on him AT ALL as a "good kid." 

On the plus side, we get to see aggy, many of whom are ABSOLUTELY SURE they're getting him, get left at altar yet again. Which is always good for a hearty laugh. Plus, it may be even funnier than the Kris Boyd and Holton Hill decisions put together (remember Luicici trying to arguue with Boyd? This could be even better!) if enough of those goobers drank the maroon kool aid. Good clean fun, IMO

Edited by campcrunk
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

Not recruiting sites but following TX HS football they’ll stand out to me. Definitely like seeing them have success at the next level. Recent exceptions being Zack Sanchez because he did the horns down at his signing day with OU. And Lejond Cavazos because he and his dad were both well-known fucktards in the south Texas football scene.

You'll get Willie Mack Garza and like it!

spacer.png

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

On 11/7/2023 at 10:24 PM, Helobious said:

i just want to point out that Zach Evans never was in the convo to be ahead of Kyren Williams early in the season, then the Rams decided they would rather bring back Darrell Henderson (40 attempts) and Royce Freeman (33 attempts) than play Evans, and tthat Ronnie Rivers (13 attempts) is ahead of him.

he has 4 rushing attempts this year for a team who traded their starter (Akers), had their next starter go on IL (Williams) and the team rolled with dudes from off the street basically instead of him. THEN they went with Ronnie Rivers over him.

let's not act like he's out there killing it. Duce Vaughn is out here with 21 attempts vs Evans with 4.

Brett Rypien has rushed for 19 yards on 3 attempts with a long of 8 vs Evans at 4 for 10 with a long of 3.

we all get it, you LOVE that fucking CB. but take off the blinders around the North Shore program and Evans specifically.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/8/2023 at 3:25 PM, campcrunk said:

On the plus side, we get to see aggy, many of whom are ABSOLUTELY SURE they're getting him, get left at altar yet again. Which is always good for a hearty laugh. Plus, it may be even funnier than the Kris Boyd and Holton Hill decisions put together (remember Luicici trying to arguue with Boyd? This could be even better!) if enough of those goobers drank the maroon kool aid. Good clean fun, IMO

legend has it that Kris Boyd is still on his way to college station if he can just get a ride.

• Haha 2

This seems pretty positive.

Article below.

image.thumb.png.72947947e1164dc70b6338de8648a773.png

https://247sports.com/Player/Lance-Jackson-46116641/

(Yes, it's his brother.  Yes, all of us have see that hideous practice video.)

Relationships with Pete Kwiatkowski have the Longhorns in the mix for Top247 DL Lance Jackson

Jordan Scruggs (Horns 247)

Spoiler

Relationships with Pete Kwiatkowski have the Longhorns in the mix for Top247 DL Lance Jackson

Jordan Scruggs (Horns 247)

Texarkana Pleasant Grove 2025 four-star defensive lineman Lance Jackson was one of the first prospects in the 2025 class to gain recruiting buzz because of his older brother Landon Jackson who was a Top247 prospect that took his talents to LSU and later Arkanasas, but as the younger Jackson has got further into his high school career he started to come into his own as he’s established himself as one of the premiere defensive lineman in the Lone Star State.

As a premiere defensive lineman in the best football state in the nation, you’re sure to get a boatload of offers just like Jackson has as he’s accumulated 25 scholarships, but with his junior season set to come to a close in the next few weeks there’s currently three schools catching the attention of the Texarkana native.

“The main schools right now are Tennessee, Texas, and Arkansas.”

Jackson then told 247Sports why each school has his attention.

Tennessee: “I just really like their coaches, I like rocky top it seems like a good place. I’ll get to see it tomorrow so I just feel like that’s going to be really cool.”

Texas: “I love coach PK he’s a good person, and I mean it’s Texas and I’m from Texas.”

Arkansas: “Obviously Landon, it’s a good vibe there.”

Jackson has taken notice of his older brother’s stellar season as the elder Jackson is leading Arkansas in sacks (6.5) while being sixth on the team in total tackles through 11 games in 2023.

“I’m excited for him just to see him go do big things and seeing if he’s gonna go to the draft this year or stay, I know he’s going to do what’s right for him.”

Jackson has also taken notice of the Longhorns stellar defensive line play “across the board”.

“I feel like they’re just good all over the board I mean they got Sweat in the middle and then Burke on the outside and I feel like I kind of play like Burke a little bit just seeing him succeed there I think it’s a good look for me.”

The Top247 defensive lineman continued on what has stood out about Texas when he’s been able to watch the Longhorns play.

“I mean really just my family loves Texas, and I just feel like it’s a really good atmosphere and I love being there too.”

Texas defensive coordinator and outside linebackers coach Pete Kwiatkowski has been using his long standing relationships with Jackson and his family and is leading the charge for the Longhorns in their pursuit of the 6-foot-5, 245 pounder.

“I also love Texas cause when Landon was getting recruited coach PK was at Washington and Washington was one of Landon’s top schools. We had an OV there but covid ruined it, so I mean my family already knows coach PK from Landon’s recruitment and they all love him too.”

Jackson’s love for Kwiatkowski comes from PK being “real”.

“I really just feel like he’s real like he’s not one of those fake coaches that are just gonna talk to you to talk to you, he’s not going to be fake with you he’s going to be real with you and tell you what you’re gonna get from him so I feel like that’s what I love about him he’s just real.”

The Texarkana native already has a good idea of what will be the most important factor when it comes to narrowing his recruitment down to just one school.

“Really just like I said just real coaches, I don’t really want to talk to any fake coaches or have them try to act like they love me and I get there and it’s just terrible and I’m not loving it so I just want to make sure I love the place and love the coaches mainly.”

Jackson is hoping to announce his commitment after taking his official visits. He’s hoping to take those official visits as soon as he possibly can to get his recruitment out of the way, but there could be some hiccups with logistics as Jackson is a highly talented baseball player for Pleasant Grove and the Texas high school baseball season runs all throughout the spring.

At 6-foot-5, 245 pounds, Jackson is ranked as the No. 131 overall prospect in the nation, the No. 12 defensive lineman in the nation, and the No. 21 overall prospect in the state of Texas according to the 247Sports Composite Rankings.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2