Ewers in the portal

Bruh Man

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

This dude has bust written all over him. If he comes here I’ll root for him but Jesus he’s 4th string at OSU and demanding PT next year?  Emotionally weak and too lazy to put in the work needed for greatness IMO. 

That's pretty much 95% of all highly ranked QBs. With the transfer portal there's no need to wait when you can find another school that will give you immediate playing time. 

That doesn't make them "emotionally weak" it's just a reality of the system. 

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

That's pretty much 95% of all highly ranked QBs. With the transfer portal there's no need to wait when you can find another school that will give you immediate playing time. 

How many other highly ranked qbs are sitting at 4th string right now? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

How many other highly ranked qbs are sitting at 4th string right now? 

Ewers is only 4th string because he graduated HS a year early and didn't go through Spring practices with the team. He's a generational talent that isn't going to wait for Stroud to graduate/get drafted which I fully understand. 

But that's why I said it was always dumb for Ewers to pick Ohio State. 

Edited by texasstrong12

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

He got to Ohio State and wasnt even given reps until about 3-4 weeks in. Then the reps he did get were largely worthless. His reclassification was difficult for the Ohio State coaching staff and he is definitely good enough to start at Texas USC Tech and TAMU right now. This is the dumbest take in this thread. At least Diggler is just saying we can't have nice things. You are saying that a prospect of Trevor Lawrence and Vince Young caliber who reclassified has bust written all over him. STFU. 

He wasn’t given reps? Fuck off with that shit. I’m sure he can start at a lot of places. Gilbert could have started at a lot of places. Rattler can start at a lot of places. I sincerely hope I’m wrong but I doubt it. 

He also took a pink shirt kindergarten year. Based on his date of birth he is in the correct class. He couldn’t break third string by the end of the year. Maybe the OSU coaches are dumb. Maybe they had a personal grudge against him. If he comes here I’ll root for him

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Fuck You 3

13 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

agreed.

Have some friends decrying Ewers' lack of loyalty to his schools.  Pfffft.  Since when did that shit matter?  You can be disloyal AF and go win a Heisman.  That shit hasn't mattered in decades.

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

agreed.

Have some friends decrying Ewers' lack of loyalty to his schools.  Pfffft.  Since when did that shit matter?  You can be disloyal AF and go win a Heisman.  That shit hasn't mattered in decades.

Loyalty in CFB 😂😂😂😂😂😂

It’s a fucking business for players and coaches. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

He wasn’t given reps? Fuck off with that shit. I’m sure he can start at a lot of places. Gilbert could have started at a lot of places. Rattler can start at a lot of places. I sincerely hope I’m wrong but I doubt it. 

He straight up wasn't given reps. It was a thing. Is your brain broken or something? You want to pass on this guy because he won't sit and wait his turn at another school behind a guy who will be there at least 2 more years and just won OPOTY in the big10? 

You are flat out wrong already and there is 0 doubt about it.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

He also took a pink shirt kindergarten year. Based on his date of birth he is in the correct class. He couldn’t break third string by the end of the year. Maybe the OSU coaches are dumb. Maybe they had a personal grudge against him. If he comes here I’ll root for him

? Sounded like he had passed up the other guys besides Stroud by the end of the season. This is after showing up on campus late in the summer I think. 

9 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

He couldn’t break third string by the end of the year. Maybe the OSU coaches are dumb. Maybe they had a personal grudge against him. If he comes here I’ll root for him

I am for one shocked that other 5 star caliber QBs that already had years and/or months in the system through previous seasons, spring practices, etc might have been ahead of a HS SR that enrolled in the summer. 

Breaking news. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

agreed.

The same people that probably cry about players sitting out bowl games. As much as we all enjoy the sport, too many fans act like they are owed everything from a program and it’s players….like they aren’t even real. It’s kinda fucked up consumerism 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, immamac said:

He straight up wasn't given reps. It was a thing. Is your brain broken or something? You want to pass on this guy because he won't sit and wait his turn at another school behind a guy who will be there at least 2 more years and just won OPOTY in the big10? 

You are flat out wrong already and there is 0 doubt about it.

If he’s a generational talent he’s not going to be 4th string at the end of the year unless the coaches are idiots (possible) or unless he’s mentally weak or lazy. I’m not saying I wouldn’t take him. I won’t give a shit if he goes elsewhere 

• Fuck You 4

Just now, Sawbonz said:

Now do spencer rattler

Spencer rattler is a good QB, I don't know what the point you are trying to make is? That you are stupid as hell? 

Caleb Williams is just better than Spencer Rattler. That doesn't mean Rattler sucks, that just means Caleb is really fucking good, which he's shown in game. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, immamac said:

He wasn't 4th string at the end of the year. You are making random shit up, why do you hate this kid? Did you get bullied by someone with a mullet in high school?

I had a much better mullet in HS. I don’t hate him. If he comes here I’ll root for him 

• Haha 1

Just now, Sawbonz said:

Now do spencer rattler

1) Rattler was nowhere close to the prospect that Ewers was. 

2) Busts happen but there's nothing to determine Ewers has the potential to be a bust outside of stupidity. Imagine throwing in the towel on a generational HS talent because of 3 months in a college system as a HS SR. 

29 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

If he’s a generational talent he’s not going to be 4th string at the end of the year unless the coaches are idiots (possible) or unless he’s mentally weak or lazy. I’m not saying I wouldn’t take him. I won’t give a shit if he goes elsewhere 

He wasn’t 4th string by the end of the year. Miller already entered the portal and Ewers was going to be competing for the backup spot in the spring. It’s as if you just started following this shit yesterday, spent the night in a Holiday Inn Express, and now you think you’re a fucking expert.

• Hook 'Em 1