The Gun Owner’s thread

BigDHornfan

13 hours ago, CHIEF said:

My BIL has one, and he loves it. However, the tolerances weren't very close between the barrels and carrier, it now has blow by. It has lasted a good 20 years though. The newer ones may have fixed the problem.

CHIEF

I've got an old one from when they first started selling them, and it's smoother operating than any other I've held/friends have.  Most are really stiff.  Going back on memory, I've got ~9k shells thru it before I was able to jump up a few classes.   This particular one would be solid for a gun several times it's cost.  Even had decent wood, until someone shot me and fucked the stock all up in the process. 

5 hours ago, Handcruser said:

They’re fine. But hold on……

Correct.  You can add about a pound of lead into the butt and somewhat keep a semblance of balance.   But yeah, they like to pop you. 

21 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Any of you shotgunners have any thoughts on the Turkish Yildiz OUs they sell at Academy? It seems like a decent option at that price.

Evidently Capital City won't let me bring my police trade-in Mossberg 590A1 with the 20" parkerized barrel and tacticool forend light onto their sporting clays range. I guess they don't like badasses, go figure. 

While they are not close to the same thing as the academy deal, Yildiz makes some very high end shotguns.  READ: this is not what you are seeing at academy.   But they do know how to build a quality shotgun, on the higher end.  Gunbroker usually has some of their high end stuff.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I've got an old one from when they first started selling them, and it's smoother operating than any other I've held/friends have.  Most are really stiff.  Going back on memory, I've got ~9k shells thru it before I was able to jump up a few classes.   This particular one would be solid for a gun several times it's cost.  Even had decent wood, until someone shot me and fucked the stock all up in the process. 

Correct.  You can add about a pound of lead into the butt and somewhat keep a semblance of balance.   But yeah, they like to pop you. 

While they are not close to the same thing as the academy deal, Yildiz makes some very high end shotguns.  READ: this is not what you are seeing at academy.   But they do know how to build a quality shotgun, on the higher end.  Gunbroker usually has some of their high end stuff.  

Thanks for posting. And avoid hunting with Dick Cheney in the future, good sir.

• Haha 2

On 6/21/2023 at 2:58 PM, fattyflattie said:

So, I went ahead and bought it. Yes, it's stiff. Otherwise, this is a LOT of gun for $700.  While doing my research I also found this video, which basically made the sale because I love this guy's energy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

So I'm buying an SBR and silencer from a friend.  I started the electronic Form 4 and it's asking me for an FFL.  Do I need to go through a dealer to make this transfer? 
image.thumb.png.b6733b2ac269a4d2aac9161838715394.png

Is your friend going to hold it? I’m pretty positive you’ll have to use an FFL.
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Parliament said:

So I'm buying an SBR and silencer from a friend.  I started the electronic Form 4 and it's asking me for an FFL.  Do I need to go through a dealer to make this transfer? 

image.thumb.png.b6733b2ac269a4d2aac9161838715394.png

For an NFA item?

Yeah, I’m pretty sure the answer is yes, but I just slept with Mrs. Brat last night.

Don’t forgot the two thermal scopes. 
Have been using a thermal on my ar10 build and am a fan of it, but I'm generally shooting from the back porch a couple hundred yards into the pasture. For an sbr, I'd suggest nv compatible holographic or ir laser, and goggles. Much more user friendly moving between targets at close range, and doesn't fuck up your eye as much from looking at a bright digital image

Edit: x2
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Yes - or start reloading your own bullets. I have two Dillon “Square Deal B’s” for sale, for pistol calibers only, when I used to do Cowboy Action shooting. Reloading pays for itself really quickly, if you shoot/train a lot.

Save your brass at the range for all 9mm and above. As long as they’re “brass” or nickel, they can be reloaded. Brass is one of your most expensive components.

Hook’em!!!

What timing. Looking to pick up either the Tarus TX22, Sig P322 (or now that Armybrat stirred the pot), the S&W M&P22.

Either way, nice (cheaper to shoot) training platform.

Tx-22 is the best deal
Fn 502 is best trigger

Tx-22 is a great great pistol. I’ve sold many.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Tx-22 is the best deal
Fn 502 is best trigger

Tx-22 is a great great pistol. I’ve sold many.

Update, Saturday I picked up the TX-22 competition, as it is red dot and can ready. Nice, solid little performer, as it is easy on the follow up shot, due to the red dot location, on the barrel, not the slide.

Hat tip HC and Brat.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

My first CZ (75 Compact -steel frame) is a lot different than my Tupperware guns. 
Feels nice in the hand like my Kahrs & Rugers though.

DA76F2F3-C267-4531-853A-F6B737D96C84.jpeg

I've got 3 CZ's. I love my 75B. And my CZ 83 is a great carry gun. .380 I'ts good with the right ammo and it holds 14 rounds. 

• Hook 'Em 1