2022 Rain Thread

South Austin

Well, the shit west of DFW was looking pretty fearsome for a bit, as far as wind and hail, but, knock on wood, it's petering out bigtime before hitting the big d.  We're not even under Severe Tstorm anymore.  Still got a tornado watch, so that's nice.

May not even fuck up the mtb trails too much.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Checking in on the Shart thread from the 76571.  Had to have a couple beers first.

If that hadn't turned at the last minute, my house would have been right in the path.  We've had two pretty close calls these last two storms.

PXL_20220412_230750292.thumb.jpg.570c1c23512b376d4880486bb70a2543.jpgPXL_20220412_230907590.thumb.jpg.afa62a9f07d5b30468feee4bfd82b725.jpg

I'm ready to move to Colorado now.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Damor said:

Checking in on the Shart thread from the 76571.  Had to have a couple beers first.

If that hadn't turned at the last minute, my house would have been right in the path.  We've had two pretty close calls these last two storms.

PXL_20220412_230750292.thumb.jpg.570c1c23512b376d4880486bb70a2543.jpgPXL_20220412_230907590.thumb.jpg.afa62a9f07d5b30468feee4bfd82b725.jpg

I'm ready to move to Colorado now.

Colorado gets hail too. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Yep.  Brady is a good dude.  Seems to be affecting him.

I’m partial to Rusty Garrett, as he’s a really good friend of mine, but Brady does a damn good job and they are all over FB and other social media outlets.  

especially since Rusty has about 88% retired 

Edited by Trey3216

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I’m partial to Rusty Garrett, as he’s a really good friend of mine, but Brady does a damn good job and they are all over FB and other social media outlets.  

especially since Rusty has about 88% retired 

Rusty was the best

• Like 1

Back from dinner.  It was good.

Cap (go ahead, say forcefield if it makes you happy) held over us.  Just apparently not enough lift.  Once again SPC/NWS nailed this forecast.  Bravo.

I think the tornado in N. Wille pooped out due to daylight waning, among other things.  Good.

Surprised to see a tornado watch still in effect (until 11), possibly the ability for a little disturbance to kick up, but to my eyes it should be over for today.

I'll check back to see if any radar pops up, doubt it.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

For central Dallas, that was probably the biggest damp fart to come out of "Enhanced" that I can remember.  It would be a wet fart, but we barely got rain.

I'll take it all day.  But as someone mentioned above I hope to see a breakdown as to why it fell apart as it moved in.  Because it looked pretty damn intimidating an hour out.

9 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Back from dinner.  It was good.

Cap (go ahead, say forcefield if it makes you happy) held over us.  Just apparently not enough lift.  Once again SPC/NWS nailed this forecast.  Bravo.

I think the tornado in N. Wille pooped out due to daylight waning, among other things.  Good.

Surprised to see a tornado watch still in effect (until 11), possibly the ability for a little disturbance to kick up, but to my eyes it should be over for today.

I'll check back to see if any radar pops up, doubt it.

What are the chances for tomorrow?  Did this line suck all the energy out of the atmosphere?

I'll take it all day.  But as someone mentioned above I hope to see a breakdown as to why it fell apart as it moved in.  Because it looked pretty damn intimidating an hour out.

Looks like the inversion never broke over DFW area, they can only get so big before they are”capped” and fall apart

So are you saying the "cap" stayed in place? I noticed it stayed overcast/never really warmed up much above 80.  Was hoping that helped.

That’s my guess and from my understanding the big enhanced risk was based on them not knowing exactly when and where it would break and allow the intense storms to develop, plenty of energy widespread but in the capped locations not enough lift
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

Headed toward my dead great uncle's former farm near Rosebud.

Love Rosebud.  I've had some good times in Rosebud at the Roundup.

1 hour ago, Bill Brasky said:

tornado near Cyclone 

of-course-anchorman.gif

Edited by Hate