2022 Rain Thread

South Austin

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

Drove up to Graham for a wedding yesterday.   Low of 45, high of 94.   12% humidity.  Damn tinderbox up here.   

That's almost exactly what Austin had yesterday. My weather station has been showing low teens humidity since the storm. Yesterday was 91 according to my station, but might be a touch high. It's brutal. 

Even with that storm, have only had 0.5" this month. 

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

On 3/17/2022 at 9:50 PM, Loop 1604 said:

We’re so fucked this spring/summer. 
Extremely -PDO and strong La Niña means we’re gonna have a bad time.

Hoo boy, get used to that dry ass air from the Mexican desert to our SW…

It’s never gonna rain again!

Tried to tell you guys. We are fucked this spring/summer/fall. Yesterday’s “overachieving” high temp is drought-feedback related. It’ll only get worse as SC Texas gets drier and drier over the next few months. 

The Hill Country tinderbox is already burning up and it’s not even April. Help us tropics you’re our only hope? (although it’d probably just go all Don 2011 and vaporize at landfall).

Tuesday night’s rain looks minimal QPF-wise. Probably won’t offer much relief unfortunately.

Edited by Loop 1604

Weird.  DFW in a slight risk zone.  Seemed to take its time building up from the west, didn't look too bad around 11 or so, so went to bed.

As anticipated, rain and strong winds woke me up a little around 3.  At 5, it seemed to be quite light outside, as if it was 630.  Got up, found out it was 5.  And we're under a tornado watch.  But the system seems past.

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Weird.  DFW in a slight risk zone.  Seemed to take its time building up from the west, didn't look too bad around 11 or so, so went to bed.

As anticipated, rain and strong winds woke me up a little around 3.  At 5, it seemed to be quite light outside, as if it was 630.  Got up, found out it was 5.  And we're under a tornado watch.  But the system seems past.

Yeah, Frisco was a light and sound show last night.  All the thunder and lightning woke the dogs so those turds in turn woke us up.  Small hail as well.  Nothing too bad.  Didn't even move the truck into the garage.  Few trash cans by the curb were blown over, that kind of stuff.  Hoping kids soccer game tonight gets cancelled.

16 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Yeah, Frisco was a light and sound show last night.  All the thunder and lightning woke the dogs so those turds in turn woke us up.  Small hail as well.  Nothing too bad.  Didn't even move the truck into the garage.  Few trash cans by the curb were blown over, that kind of stuff.  Hoping kids soccer game tonight gets cancelled.

Oh man, thoughts and prayers. 

10 minutes ago, Hate said:

There is a tornado warning for The Woodlands right now. My wife is sheltered in place at work right now and my son’s campus is on lockdown. The winds are picking up substantially just now.

Luckily it looks like nothing came down in that one. It's going to be one hell of a day though...

day1probotlk_1300_torn.gif

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hate said:

There is a tornado warning for The Woodlands right now. My wife is sheltered in place at work right now and my son’s campus is on lockdown. The winds are picking up substantially just now.

Shit man, sorry to hear this.  Please post when it’s all clear.  Or text me.  God bless 

All is well.  I don't think anything was ever confirmed to have touched down.  I think the rotation was all radar indicated.  We had some pretty good wind gusts and really heavy rain, but that was about it.  The sun is already peaking out from behind the clouds.  Thanks for the concern!

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Hate said:

All is well.  I don't think anything was ever confirmed to have touched down.  I think the rotation was all radar indicated.  We had some pretty good wind gusts and really heavy rain, but that was about it.  The sun is already peaking out from behind the clouds.  Thanks for the concern!

Good to hear.  I was gonna tel the wife to reach out to Mrs Hate.  Text me next time y’all are in town.  

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

The Surl is so much more than a forum. 

HOOK EM! 

You say that now but then my wife asks, “how did you know My longtime friend mrs hate, and little hate were in danger?”   

Uh, hate and I were chatting online at “I’d pee in her butt” and got distracted about weather.  

22 hours ago, Blotto said:

washed the car today. doing my part

When it gets dry around here, my concrete guy, Arthur asks me if he can come put up forms and lay rebar for me. It works 100% of the time. We were supposed to pour some tomorrow.

CHIEF

So that's how they denote "signficant'?  Why doesn't that region get into Moderate or High?

I don’t really know, but that’s a good question. And I was probably overstated the 100%, but the hatched area means that whatever category they are predicting is pretty likely to occur in that area.
  • Hook 'Em 1