2022 Rain Thread

South Austin

NWS has upped the chances for storms in ATX a bit, threw in a slightly higher chance of tornadoes, but mostly east/northeast of ATX.  Large damaging storms can still be expected here/there Williamson Co. and north into and past Dallas.

Been watching the line, southern end is popcorning up/down, but I expect more development as the dry line is moving into more favorable conditions, and the cap is holding although not strongly.  If those storms start growing on the south end, I'll be back.

I'd say main diff. from this a.m. is storms more likely thru Austin, but even with more severity possible, still scattered in our area.  Still up the 35 corridor is the bullseye.

9 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

NWS has upped the chances for storms in ATX a bit, threw in a slightly higher chance of tornadoes, but mostly east/northeast of ATX.  Large damaging storms can still be expected here/there Williamson Co. and north into and past Dallas.

Been watching the line, southern end is popcorning up/down, but I expect more development as the dry line is moving into more favorable conditions, and the cap is holding although not strongly.  If those storms start growing on the south end, I'll be back.

I'd say main diff. from this a.m. is storms more likely thru Austin, but even with more severity possible, still scattered in our area.  Still up the 35 corridor is the bullseye.

Yep, not looking good for Belton to Hillsboro rt now 

2 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Nothing more than a gut feeling, but for some reason I feel like this is one of those storms where we’re not expected to get anything, then all of a sudden we’re getting destroyed

This storm sucks, we should win convincingly.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes.

I'm leaving to meet/eat near Barton Springs with my daughter who's on the way from Dallas back to San Antonio.  Yer on yer own.

Zero hour is now → 7 p.m. or so.  So far the cap is holding around us (ATX), but could bust open.  Storms could form very quickly on top of us.  Good luck, we're all counting on you.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

@Brisketexan wife I think likes to be in the wild weather? Maybe?

I am kinda into this site now (in addition to the old ass CORAD one for Texas):

82FBEA52-1274-49BD-B699-C89873746EDE.png

She's already past Carls Corner, so I think she's gonna beat 'em to McKinney.  Then, she can hunker down with her friends.

As for me, I have an appointment I have to walk to and from this evening.  So, that could be fun.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, BrickTop said:

And tornado warning near Ft Hood

* This dangerous storm will be near...
  Mother Neff State Park around 540 PM CDT.
  McGregor around 545 PM CDT.

Other locations impacted by this tornadic thunderstorm include
Oglesby.

That is less than ideal.

5 minutes ago, BrickTop said:

Also I believe and Phd can correct me if I’m wrong but storms can and do break through the capping inversion and when they do they tend to be strong and rapidly intensifying.

You have to be the one to hold the line tonite. Phd said we are on our own because he’s got shit to do. 

You have to be the one to hold the line tonite. Phd said we are on our own because he’s got shit to do. 

Lol I’m nowhere near PHD just something I like and read a lot about im good with the basics That degree is very hard and requires a lot of math and im not going to OU for school even if they’re by far the best at it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Hook 'Em 1