2022 Rain Thread

South Austin

3 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

More storms (non severe) forming SW of Austin. Bring on the rain.

Just about to come in with this.  Should not be severe, still could be a bit poppy though. But this last line should be it for this event.  Officially watches etc. not expire until 10, but most of the energy is out of the atmosphere where it was bad earlier.

Edited by phdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Fuck - I flew to Boston this morning so missed all of the major rain. Hope all of you assholes and your families are ok. I checked in with mine but nothing major in central Austin

Are you staying with some friends there?   Lots of room?  

• Like 1

Was watching the Jacksboro tornado, worried Herd’s was going to take a hit. Told CHIEF Jr. it went west by a little over half a mile. It was past the turn to Antelope. That Jacksboro high school and the Dollar General took the direct hit. Hate to be right for once. 

CHIEF

I've been a UT fan since I first hit campus in 1982.  I had never gone to B/CS until last spring, when that was where I found a covid vaccine.

God, what a dump.  I don't wish injury or death on anyone, but that campus could use a good leveling.  Problem is, they'd find a way to build back uglier.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

KBTX is showing that one center of rotation should go right over the aggy campus.  Can't wait to see how much the state has to pay for rebuilding.

How much do they owe their recruiting class?

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 4

Some pics from the Taylor Press, this is about a quarter mile north of the intersection of Hwy 95 and Hwy 29 that goes west to Georgetown, just north of Circleville.  The last picture is the house that they were showing on KXAN where the storm spotters stopped at, it is right across the street from the storage place.

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

Used to be a pretty good BBQ stop in Rice's Crossing, but that was 25 years ago. If it is still there, I hope it made it.

With the wildfires, I was worried about Mary's in Strawn, the tornado in Jacksboro, earlier today, I was worried about Herd's, in Elgin, I was worried about Southside Market. I should I be ashamed, but I always lead with my stomach.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1